• Published 22nd Jun 2017
  • 425 Views, 2 Comments

GREAT BRAND!!! - InfamousMystery



Arnold Brands, an unknown stallion who woke up, not knowing his own personal info, was disappointed on his own self not having memories of his past life. And now, he desperately needs his memory back. Will he gather all his memories in the end?

  • ...
 2
 425

Entry No. 3

As I entered Bad Apples, the smell is awfully bad... But I guess it's reasonable since the store's name is Bad Apples... Yeah, it smells like rotten apples. But what I found fascinating about Bad Apples is the kind of things the store sells here. There are like parts of a machine, a fridge full of juice boxes... or are they something that makes one pony energetic as a hummingbird? I don't know.

I was standing in the middle of the store, amazed by such machinery. It's not like every day, you see a complicated machinery here in this world. After a few look around the store, I encountered the counter with no one in it. I saw a bell on the sides of the counter. My senses trigger me. With hesitation, I rang the bell. There was a BANG! under the counter, making me startled.

" Awww... " a voice under the counter was heard.

Then, he stood... A tough-looking pony. He's like one of those gym ponies I saw earlier from my trip to this store. He was smoking wet. And he smells... You know... typical gym ponies.

" Watcha here fur? " the tough stallion spoke in a really deep voice.

It's not that I'm afraid, but something seems a bit wrong... or is it my imagination that he'd done a criminal act relating to little fillies and colts.

" Uhh... I'm here looking for... Garland? "

" Gurland, aye? Ay've herd he's adventurin bak home to hiz mummy. Dealing busyness there and that. "

The tough stallion flexed his muscles... Which seems like one of his mannerism. I nodded and trotted away.

" AYE! WHER U GOING? I'm juzt fuling u, bruh. I am one and only Gurland, da Brave Fist of da South. Wy u lukin for meh? " he spoke rapidly.

Wow, he's a weird character... It's not like it makes him more scary or worse, but it does make me more relaxed. I asked him about the Badlands Rascals and gave him the copy of the files. Garland scanned the files like those ponies who means business. After a few flips and slapping the files in the counter, he gestures me to come closer.

" Dis beter be a secrit, olreight? " he whispered to my ear in a loud deep voice.

As I nodded, Garland pressed a button which appeared to close the main doors... Wait, not only to close it but to lock it and make the store temporarily closed. He cleared his own voice and spoke.

" Badlands Rascels... Dose dang pones do nuthin but troble. What do dey do? Dey scavange da Badlands and rebelled both da Changeling Hive and da Equestrian Monarchy. Like hay, wy do dey hate one enemy who's enemy is deir enemy, too, ya know? It doesn't makes sense. And alzo, the files... I know some of deym. Especially dat marey named Bella Smarts... She's da popular spy of da faction, but dat appearance dis file said? It's inaccurate as haystick in a broomstick. "

I blinked and laughed.

" Wait, inaccurate? Doctor Hoovilton gave this file to me. "

Garland's ear perks up.

" Doctor Hoovilton, ya say? " Garland spoke in a weak voice.

" Uh... yea- "

The door was bucked open by a pony in some sort of golden armor. Garland gasps and gave me a dirty look.

" Ya dirty... " Garland yelled at me.

I was confused. I have no idea what I just did. As the soldiers kept on entering, Garland fled away using the back door. Almost every soldier ran to chase him except one, who seemed to stay with me and seems like an officer.

" Sir Arnold Brands? " the soldier spoke.

I stared at the officer, nodding and wondering how come he knows my name.

" Mayor Mare needs your assistance. "

... what? How come I became popular all of a sudden? I just want to have my memories back... But how? What? When? Oh great... I just want my memories and then, this happened...

This entry makes a lot of nonsense that I can't even follow it or such, but it just happened. I felt like a convict as I entered Mayor Mare's office, it was between me and her. The door is locked, the windows are closed, making the office hotter and hotter as time passed by. Mayor Mare seemed to have a fan, but the fan's facing to her only.

Mayor Mare was reading the files handed over to Garland. She rubbed her grayish mane and smacked her lips. After some few seconds, she placed the files on her side and clears her mouth.

" Doctor Hoovilton told me you were... on a quest to retrieve your own memories. " The mayor gave me a stare.

I nodded with my wet sweating face. The hotness is unbearable, but I managed to let it be.

" Well, I could help you with that... but only if, you'll tell me all about it later. "

She was rubbing her chin. She looked like those witches in the stories I used to read as a child... I'm slowly getting my memories back.

" Well, I've just remembered that witch from the stories by looking at your face. " I replied to her... That does sound disrespectful. Mayor Mare gave me a dirty stare.

" Thank me for being in command of Ponyville, you outsider, now listen closely. " She slammed the table as hard as she can, angry at my reply to her.

" There are 2 of my finest s- 'ahem' servants who are waiting for you right now. What I want you to do is to go find the Badlands Rascals hideout in Badlands, here's the map and some bits for your trip. "

She gave me a pouch full of bits and a map. It's a map of Equestria, but with an X mark in Badlands.

" Their hideout seems to be around that spot. Just around that spot. Not sure where exactly, but that's what the Princesses told me. They've sent patrol guards in that certain spot, but only one guard returned from the patrol and told the princess that the others are being held captives by Badlands Rascals. I have no idea what they do for the living, but please, save them. Be the hero of Equestria. You may take your leave. "

The door was opened by guards. I left the room, staring at the map. As I trotted outside, there are 2 ponies really waiting for me outside. A pegasus and an earth pony... Equality, huh?

" H-howdy ya. " the earth pony spoke.

The earth pony was brown, wearing a rugged peasant clothing and carrying a saddlebag. He's also wearing horseshoes... That's cool.

" Da name's Dirt Buck! Ah pleasure to me't ya. " the earth pony continued, shaking my hoof.

I nodded at Dirt Buck, from what I'm assuming, Dirt Buck is a farmer. A hard working farmer, depending on his appearance and his cutie mark... a hoe...

" I don't have time for chats, name's Quickie Faults and I want to leave this stinking place already. So let's go. " the blue pegasus with a question mark inside the yellow lightning bolt cutie mark said in a disrespecting voice.

But among all, I really wanna know who I am. So I nodded and basically started to leave Ponyville, heading to the train station. I paid the ticket to... Appleloosa... which seems like the only way to enter Badlands. After paying and such, we waited for the train.

We were killing time and I've got to say, it's an awkward wait. Everything was silent, the 2 ponies were watching me like some subject. I managed to break the awkwardness by asking them their stories. Quickie Faults shared first.

" I used to be the best pegasus in the skies, flying fast as a filly. But then, this stupid cutie mark showed up. Making me confused in almost every convo we're having, wait, what are we talki- oh right. Ye, like that random stuff I said earlier... Now, I'm nothing more but a stinking mail pony... Losing to Derpy Hooves as best mail pony... Grrr... "

After Quickie Faults' reply, Dirt Buck began.

" Well, ya see, Ah'm nothin more than a farmer with a family, ya know? Ah love bucking trees, but hoeing da fields makes me happy. " Dirt Bag whipped his tears.

" Just hoped our adventures together be worth it. " Dirt Bag continued. As far as I know, Dirt Bag's emotional.

" ... Y'all have... memories and hobbies... " I tapped my hooves.

" Hm... Since you noticed it... " Quickie Faults spoke out of nowhere.

" Are you a bla- "

As Quickie Faults was about to ask a question, our train came, which made Quickie Faults distracted. She even shouted:

" TRAIN! "

As the train stopped by, we entered, took a sit and here we are... in the middle of my trip... I mean our trip... I'm sleepy... I should go take a nap.