• Published 22nd Jun 2017
  • 422 Views, 2 Comments

GREAT BRAND!!! - InfamousMystery



Arnold Brands, an unknown stallion who woke up, not knowing his own personal info, was disappointed on his own self not having memories of his past life. And now, he desperately needs his memory back. Will he gather all his memories in the end?

  • ...
 2
 422

Entry No. 5

The strong sunlight forced me to open my eyes, unaware of where I am or what I'm laying at. Soon, as the sunlight began to fade, my senses came back. I was laying in an average bed... A bit too hard... But I think it's ok...

But where am I is another story... It was extremely hot and it looks like I'm in a house with one room. Even with the automatic fan in front of me, it's still hot. It's like the world was trying to burn me alive.

I stood up, stretching my arms, legs, and back. I gave a long yawn and rubbed my eyes. I trotted outside of the house, seeing myself in a town full of sand and trees... This must be Appleloosa... And yep. It was Appleloosa. How come I discovered it quickly? The suit the others wearing... They all look like farmers.

I trotted around Appleloosa just to find where Dirt Bag and Quickie Faults are, then I saw them, helping a farmer in a nearby farm. They were in their farming suits and I've got to say, Dirt Bag really looks like a farmer...

I approached and thought I should give them a greeting and continue our quest, but the landlord of the farm stopped me from continuing.

" What are yer business here? " the landlord spat on his right side, staring at me in the eyes.

" Uhhh. Those 2 ponies are my companion and I need to continue our quest... " I answered with a respectful voice.

" ... Huh... so yer must be that pone who was unconscious during yer train trip. I see. But still, you can not continue your so-called quest for a while. " the landlord cracked his neck.

" Huh? Why not? "

" Ya see, staying inside my house for 2 days ain't gonna be free. And these 2 doesn't have the exact amount of money I wanted. So the deal is they work for me for 1 week in order to pay for your stay at mah house. "

Oh.. what a bummer... I still have no idea what's with those well-suited bandits that attacked the train I was in. I know that they just wanted to go to Appleloosa without paying... I think... but still, I feel like there's something else they're after... like me. I remembered the bag of bits Mayor Mare gave me.How much was it? I'll assume I have 100 bits.

" Ok then, how much should I pay to free them up? " I grabbed the bag of bits in my saddlebag.

" 600 bits. "

" Isn't that expensive for a 2 days stay in your house with on- "

" Sleeping outside ain't that hard, isn't? " the landlord gave me a nasty look.

" It's 600 bits. Pay or stay. "

" Grrr... How much for the mare only. " I pointed my hoof at Quickie Faults.

The landlord looked at the direction of my hoof.

" 50 bits. That marey ain't useful in mah farm... " the landlord shook his head in disgrace.

I nodded and gave the landlord 50 bits. After that, the landlord called Quickie Faults, telling her that she's free. Then Quickie dashes towards me and gave me a tackle hug.

" OH BOI!!! I'M FREE!!! THANK YOU~~~ " Quickie Faults gave me a kiss on the cheeks... Not sure if I should feel love or meh.

" May I talk to Dirt Bag for a while? "

" Sure, but just for one minute. " the landlord replied as he called out Dirt Bag. Dirt Bag was in all ears as I told him my plans.

" Dirt Bag, I can not free you for a while, but soon, I shall make money. I and Quickie Faults will go to Badlands while you continue to do farming. We'll be back in... either tomorrow or 2... or 3... "

Dirt Bag nods and gave a salute.

" Ah hope ya do well, Mr. Brands. " he replied as he went back to his work.

I felt like something's incomplete during my travels, but without any further thoughts, I and Quickie left Appleloosa with 2 tents, good amount of food and water, headed south to Macintosh Hills.

I still had the map, scanning it as we trotted. I commanded Quickie Faults to check from above to guide me. She was a terrific navigator. I'm quite impressed that her navigating skills were... well... helpful and useful for my trip. We were close to Badlands, but we need a nice place to set the tent and end the day. I found a spot within the grassy fields of the Macintosh Hills. I set the tents there and ordered Quicky Faults to find sticks and she really does found sticks... a lot of them.

I tried to make fire out of them and I did... I don't know how, but it just did... I placed our canned goods above the fire for a good toasty flavor and ate under the twinkling stars and soft dancing trees. It was an amazing experience to camp.

After dinner, I placed my things inside the tent and saw Quickie Faults staring at the skies, sitting on a sturdy branch close to the tent. I tried to come close to her by climbing and moving my flanks to get closer to her. I looked at where her head's facing and it was beautiful. Shooting stars everywhere, a cold breeze running through my face... It was amazing.

" Hey, Arnold... " Quickie Faults spoke as I was trying to find a comfortable position to sit.

" Did you know that whatever you dreamt under a shooting star will come true? " she looked at me with a friendly smile.

I chuckled a bit... I find that a bit absurd.

" Yeah... I think that's just ridiculous... But I just like believing, you know? " she looked back at the dark skies.

I blinked and looked at her... From what I can tell, she feels a bit blue as I chuckled at her question.

" I'm sorry... I thought you were joking... " I apologized.

" It's ok... You aren't the only one who thought of that... A lot of us thinks dreaming under a shooting star is not real... Even I think that I should just stop on dreaming... "

Quickie Faults tapped her hooves... I looked down, feeling kinda blue that I made someone sad...

" ... but you know, I'll never give up believing things I want to believe. " Quickie Faults added.

" There's no proof that it's real, but there's also no proof that it's just a myth. Who knows, that certain myth might be true. No one knows what's true or what's not, but I really think that once you think it's true, the world will follow you. That's why I believe in dreaming under a shooting star... It helps me reduce my mistakes in life... "

Quickie Faults smiled at me... I don't understand it, to be honest, but I just nodded...

" Well, you'll figure your beliefs soon, Arnold... " she flew down and went inside her own tent.

I stayed for a bit longer until sleepiness attacks my brain... Beliefs, huh? I should try believing one day...