• Published 29th Mar 2016
  • 831 Views, 56 Comments

The War of Equestria - rainbowtiger00



Some heroes are made. Some are born. But very few actually want to be ones...

  • ...
8
 56
 831

Past or Future

The sun of Princess Celestia rose with a magnificent sunrise of pink, purple, orange, yellow, and hints of blue. Soft light poured out over the land as the train screeched to a halt at the station. Jonathan opened the door and hopped out rather fast. “Next time, I don't care what Twilight says, I'm not going on that train.” Spike came out next, wings flapping.

“Well, at least we are here.” Twilight came out looking slightly grumpy. “The pony that told me that the train was faster is going to regret it.” Jonathan looked around the station. There was a train cart on train tracks nearby.

A sea green Unicorn with a white mane was polishing the train. The air had a bite to it.

It seemed to be about spring here, so the land was cold during the early morning.

Jonathan shivered. He blinked, and turned to Twilight.

“This is the place?” Twilight nodded. “This is the place.” Jonathan began to walk around the town with Spike and Twilight. It was early morning, no one reasonable would be up at this hour.

Which meant that he was a little unreasonable. But this whole thing was unreasonable. Jonathan shook his head. All he had to do was to get home. Then he would beg for mercy, and pray that he didn't get chewed out too badly.

He would never go back to the ancient castle, and next time, he would take Elder Onyx Ashstone with them when crazy things happened. He would also hunt more, and help with Corina's illness. Get her a pet bunny, maybe. She would like that. A nice, soft, pet, bunny. It could even be white.

Jonathan broke himself from his train of thought and looked around at the scenery. There were pretty, small houses with flowers and pretty, small houses with vegetables.

There was a market with vegetables, fruit, and flowers to sell, and there was a fountain. Before they could continue the search, they were greeted by a pink coated, and pink maned, bouncy, pony. “Hiya Twilight!” Jonathan jumped from her sudden appearance. Twilight rolled her eyes.

“Hello, Pinkie Pie.” Pinkie Pie noticed Jonathan. “Whoa! You look new!” She began to bounce around him, in circles.

“Who are you? What are you? Where are you from? Oh, is it your birthday? Are you going to live here?

Can I throw a 'welcome to Ponyvillie party'? Spike laughed. “Slow down there, Pinkie Pie! Jonathan here is only visiting.” Pinkie grinned.

“Oh, I'll throw a 'Glad you are visiting' party then!” She was about to run off when
Twilight stopped her. “Wait, Pinkie. Only invite our friends. I don't want every Ponyvillie citizen seeing Jonathan here.”

Pinkie Pie's head tilted in confusion, but then she smiled again. “Well, if you say so Twilight! Bye!” And with that, the mare jumped away, constantly grinning.

Spike smirked. “Well, you have met Pinkie Pie.”

Jonathan nodded, slightly unsettled by the energetic pony. He continued to walk around the town. It was interesting to see all the similar, but different things. The land was warming up from its early morning chill. The sky was a perfect blue, no clouds marked the sky.

Somehow, that struck him as odd. “Twilight, why is there no clouds in the sky?”

She looked up at the clear sky and frowned. “Odd. Normally, it would be because of one of the weather ponies, but the clouds have never been done this fast after Rainbow left.”

Spike trotted next to Twilight. “Huh. Yeah. Normally one of the ponies would still be doing cloud kicking duty.” Jonathan looked at Spike as he was talking.

Therefore, he was not facing the front of the path and did not see the rainbow mare that landed in front of him. Jonathan tripped, and fell over. “Oof!” Twilight and Spike jumped. “Oh, Rainbow!

Good to see you!” Cried out Twilight as she helped her friend up. Rainbow was wearing a very fashionable jacket, and her mane was styled rather pretty, but she had a very annoyed face. “Ugh. I told Rarity to hurry up with this girly thing!”

Spike raised an eyebrow as he helped Jonathan up. “Rainbow? What are you doing here?” Rainbow looked at him. “I arrived at Ponyvillie yesterday in order to visit every pony.

This morning, I got up and saw the sky full of clouds. I couldn't resist.” Twilight laughed. “No wonder they got done so fast. What are you doing in that jacket, though?”

Rainbow sighed and gave an embarrassed blush. “Going on a date with Soarin. Wanted to look nice, but also very, very cool.

I went out so fast that I crashed into you guys.” Twilight giggled. “I bet Rarity had the time of her life dressing you up.” Rainbow rolled her eyes. “Yeah, yeah, yeah. Laugh it up, Twilight.”

She saw Jonathan. “Hey… What in Celestia's name are you?” Spike answered. “He's a human.”

Jonathan nodded at Rainbow Dash. “The name's Jonathan.” Rainbow blinked. Twilight put a hoof around Rainbow Dash. “We are trying to get him home.”

Rainbow shrugged. “ Huh. Okay, Dokey then. Have fun.” She flew off. Jonathan watched as they arrived at a fancy building.

A white Unicorn was standing outside, and staring at a hole in the building. “Argh! That Rainbow Dash! Always crashing into and out of things!” Spike waved.

“Hello, Rarity!” Rarity turned to look at them. “Oh, hello Spikey Wikey! And hello to you too, Twilight!” She saw Jonathan.

“Who is your friend?” Twilight gestured a hoof. “This is Jonathan. He is a human. We are looking for his home.”

Rarity nodded. “Very well. I'd love to stay and chat, but I have got some dresses to work on. Ta ta!” Rarity went into the building.

Jonathan stopped at the edge of the town. Nothing at all was even remotely similar to his home. There was no well at the middle of the town. No old apple trees. No grassy fields of blowing grass.

Jonathan scratched his head.

“I don't see anything of my home.” Twilight groaned. “But this is where the Everfree forest is!” Spike looked at Jonathan. “Perhaps we could look from above?”

Twilight looked at Spike. “How is he going to go above?” Jonathan looked at Twilight's horn. “Maybe you could lift me up with your magic?” Spike grinned.

“I got a better idea.” Twilight gave him a wary glance. “Spike… What are you thinking?” Spike didn't answer, only spread out his leathery, dragon wings.

Jonathan took a step back. “Yeah, what are you thinking, and does it involve pain?” Spike chuckled. “Depends on your point of view.” Jonathan took another step back.

“That's not a good answer!” Spike ran forward and lifted off into the air. Flapping his wings, he gained altitude, then swooped down. Swiftly, he grabbed Jonathan by the shoulders and lifted him straight into the air. “Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!”

Jonathan screamed, as the ground below his feet disappeared. Twilight stared her mouth agape. An eye twitched. “S-spike! You put him down right now!”

Jonathan clutched at the clawed feet that grabbed at his shoulders. “Yeah, put me down, put me down!” Spike grinned at the tiny moving figure of Twilight. “If you insist.” He let go of Jonathan.

He screamed as he fell toward the ground. “Ssssssssssspppppppiiiiiiike!” The claws caught him again, as Spike grabbed him. “I'm just messing with ya. While we wait for her highness to come up, what do you see?”

Jonathan's limbs shook as he forced himself to gaze out upon the land. There were grassy fields of apple trees farther down the path. The train station was visible. Jonathan screwed his eyes shut as he tried to recall anything familiar.

Then a thought struck him.

Apple trees...

“Spike! Take me down!” Spike did as he asked, and placed him onto the ground. Twilight glared at Spike. “Don't do that ever again.”

She growled. Jonathan grabbed Twilight's shoulders. “Twilight. Could we go over there?” He pointed at the apple fields.

“That looks familiar.” Twilight looked at him oddly. “Applejack's fields?” Jonathan nodded and began to walk toward them. Twilight and Spike followed, glancing at each other.

As they walked, houses turned into open space with beautiful views. A lone mountain stood, with a castle on top. Jonathan froze. “That looks like Split Mountain…” He muttered.

An icy feeling sunk into his stomach. He began to run toward the apple trees. “Johnathan, wait!” He kept running. A farm came into view.

There was a two story house. A well. Apple trees and a hill out back. Jonathan frowned. The scenery looked so familiar and yet so different.

Twilight and Spike caught up to him. “Jonathan! What was that about?” Jonathan turned to Twilight. “Twilight, this looks a little like my home.”

Twilight blinked. “Huh?” Jonathan pointed his arm out. “Look, there's the town well without the burns.

And over there should be Argon's house. And behind that is the same hill that I played on as a kid!” Twilight chewed on her cheek, then her
eyes lit up. “Oh! You must be in the same place, just in the future!”

Jonathan blinked. “Huh?” Spike gave Twilight a warning glance. “Twilight…”

Twilight ranted on.

“Things look familiar, yet out of place. People that you know aren't here. They probably already dead and turned into dust!” Jonathan cut her off. “Wait, so you think that I'm possibly in the same place.

Just a different time?” Twilight nodded. “Yep. This is actually pretty awesome! I'll learn so much about the past! How wonderful!”

She gave him an excited look. Spike gave Twilight a look. “Seriously Twilight? I really don't think that this is the future. Who knows, maybe this is the past.”

Jonathan looked at Spike. “Can I get back to my... place?” Neither one answered. Jonathan felt an icy grip on his heart. Their silence was answer enough. “No!” He thought.

He ran away from the scene as fast as he could go.


The mid-afternoon sunlight poured onto the fields of Apple trees. Leaves and ripe juicy apples shook from a gentle breeze. Clouds floated lazily in the sky. A bird tweeted a musical song. Then Applejack's orange back hooves hit the wooden trunk of the apple tree with a loud thwack.

The trunk shook, and several ripe apples fell into the baskets placed nearby. She counted a pile of apples. "One, two, three, four. Four on each layer.

Hm. " A hoof scratched underneath her hat. "Let's see. A dozen in each basket, and I got three baskets. So that gives me..."

Applejack's face screwed up. "Uh, 19?" That wasn't the right answer. She thumped her hoof on the ground. "Ah gotta leave the fancy mathematics to Twilight."

She moved on to the next tree. It was on top of a hill, some distance from her house. Before she bucked it, she paused. There were strange tracks on the soft dirt next to the Apple tree. The tracks weren't like anything she had seen before.

She peered into the leaves, yet didn't see anything. She shrugged, and turned.

Her hooves hit the trunk with a hard smack. "Ow!" Applejack stopped, then groaned.

"RD! Get the hay out of my apple tree! Her hoof hit the trunk again. " Hey!" The voice was not Rainbow Dash's.

Applejack jumped and leaped back from the tree.

"Ah!" She whipped around fast and stared at the innocently standing tree. "What in the hay is going on here? Trees don't talk." A bitten apple fell down from the top.

Applejack's eyes slowly traveled to the top where she saw a creature. It looked like a hairless monkey wearing clothes. Black, red, and gray locks framed its tanned face. Brown, frightened eyes stared at her.

Applejack blinked, and cocked her head. "What in the hay are you?" The hairless monkey moved further into the branches. Applejack frowned. "And what are you doing in my Apple tree?"

The hairless monkey snorted.

"No, it is not yours! This is my friend Argon's Apple tree!" Twilight came from behind the hill, panting hard. "Apple." She paused and gulped.

"Applejack. Have you seen a human, around?" Applejack raised an eyebrow.

"What, what in the hay is a human?" Twilight groaned and turned to the back of the hill.

"Spike, try the group of trees next to that patch of light green grass! No, that patch! No, not there, I checked over there. The only thing over there is a bluebird." Applejack tapped Twilight's shoulder.

"Twilight, I gotta a few questions for ya." Twilight turned to her. "Can they wait?" Applejack shook her head, fast. She pointed a hoof in the tree.

What in the hay is that in my Apple tree?" Twilight gave the tree an annoyed glance, only to start and turn to the back of the hill. "Spike! I found Jonathan!" Spike came flying in, looking upset.

"Twilight, this is all your fault!" He scolded. "If you hadn't ranted about him being possibly in the future, then he wouldn't have freaked out and run into the trees!"

Twilight sighed. "I know. Sorry." Her ears drooped. Applejack's hoof placed itself onto Twilight's shoulder.

“Hey, it's okay, sugar cube.” Twilight glanced up at Jonathan. “Should we try to get him down?” Spike shook his head. “Not now.

Wait till he calmed down a little first.” Jonathan held onto the one familiar thing that he had left. The necklace that hung from his neck was of no comfort now.

After some coaxing, Jonathan slowly came down. It was near evening. The land was cooling down, and a breeze blew past them. Applejack's hoof patted his arm softly. "Hey, you.

Ah'm real sorry that your home is gone. Until we find it, however, how bout you stay with me?" Twilight looked at Applejack. "He could stay at my Castle." Spike shook his head.

"Uh huh, you will experiment on him. I should know, I lived with you for years." Twilight grinned sheepishly. "Well, maybe only a little."

Applejack shook her head.

"He's staying with me." She looked at him. "Ah bet your hungry." Jonathan shook his head no, but then his stomach growled. Applejack smiled.

"Come on, y'all. Time to eat." Jonathan felt numb and allowed Applejack to lead him inside. The inside of the house was scrubbed neat, and the smell of Apple pies wafted around his nostrils. Applejack sat him down on a stool and hurried to the kitchen.

Twilight looked rather sad as she sat next to him. "Jonathan, I'm sorry. Sometimes, if I get excited, I'll say insensitive things." Jonathan looked at her. "It's okay."

He stared at his necklace. It still seemed absolutely normal. Yet there was no way it could be normal. Spike scratched his head as he stared at the necklace. "So, that thing was supposedly able to bring you here.

It doesn't seem like it would." Twilight gave it a studying look. "Can I look at it?" Jonathan hesitated. "My aunt told me to never take it off."

Spike glanced at it. "Well, you could argue that taking the necklace off would probably prevent you from ending back up here if you leave. Also maybe by looking at it, we could receive a clue." Jonathan nodded. "Good point."

He reached up to take it off. He found the silver clasp and unhooked it.

But the silver hoop yanked on the clasp. The necklace didn't come off. Johnathan frowned and tried again. The clasp still stuck. "Twilight, I think it's gotten a little stuck."

Twilight's horn glowed with a pink aura and she tried to unhook it. But then she frowned. "Huh. The necklace seems to be preventing us from taking it off." She tried a few spells, but nothing happened.

The necklace still remained on. The metal was growing increasingly hot, and Johnathan began to feel the heat getting slightly unbearable. "Ow, ow, ow. Twilight that is hurting." Twilight gave a sigh and stopped.

The metal began to feel much cooler. Spike raised an eyebrow. "Did the necklace just tell you no?" Twilight sighed and nodded. " Not verbally.

But I think I can understand why your aunt said to never take it off." Jonathan yanked it a few more times and sighed. "And what is the reason?" Twilight lifted the necklace with her hoof. "For some reason, taking the necklace off would include lots of pain and consequences.

What they are, I cannot say." Jonathan sighed heavily. "Great. Another weird mysterious thing." Applejack came in with four plates of Apple pie.

Jonathan took a bite of the pie. It was better than having cake again. Besides, he enjoyed the rich taste of the sugary syrup and the buttery smooth crust. He bit into a slice of the Apple.

He froze.

The Apple tasted just like the apples back at home. The ones that were in Trisha's homemade pies. The ones that he, Argon, and Lena ate by the dozen when it was fall and the Apple trees were heavy with them. Sometimes, if the crop was bountiful enough, there would be Cider. Good rich, tangy Cider.

The last crop that had been turned into Cider was by Chavez Foretor. Sera Foretor's father. Felix had told him the day that the black rose was found in his house, that Chavez Foretor had been a great hunter, even though he was dead poor. His wife had also grown up poor, but she had learned how to prepare the kills with ease. But after his only daughter turned eight, he injured himself in a hunting accident and was unable to hunt.

Sera took up the job and was apparent as skillful as her father. Elder Onyx Ashstone had complimented her once for having a good talent in charisma. It was a joke among the town people, Felix had said, that Sera, with her voice, combined with her talent, was able to charm even the snakes. Elder Onyx Ashstone had also, however, told her that she should never misuse the skill. Sera said that she tried not too.

Many believed her. It wasn't known for sure, but it was said that her mother, Kalia, had learned how to grow flowers. All kinds of flowers. But they were never seen, and Sera always denied there ever being any flowers, so many believed that was just a rumor.

Jonathan forced himself to continue eating the pie. When it was finished, Applejack looked at his eyes. "Ah reckon that your mighty tired. I'll get ya all nice and comfy in Apple Bloom's old room." Twilight touched Jonathan's arm.

"Jonathan." He turned to her. "Be careful. The necklace could affect your dreams if it is that powerful." He shivered but nodded.

He sat down on the quilted bed. Kicking off his shoes, and tossing away his jacket, he tried to take off the necklace one more time. Again it didn't work. Grunting, he settled down under the covers. The bed was big enough for him to be comfortable.

He fell asleep quickly in the soft bed...



The late afternoon sun shone on the gleaming wooden floors of the Rowshield's home. Trisha panted as she swept underneath a table with her straw broom, sweeping away excess dust. A bead of sweat was on her forehead. A pile of dust had grown near the doorway. She was almost finished. Then she wouldn't have to clean for a while.

With a house this large, it was a chore keeping it all nice and clean. But in the end, it was satisfying to see a well-cleaned house. Trisha swept the pile out of the house and stood still for a moment. Everything felt sore and achy. There were no maids in the house, no servants.

Despite the family's riches, they chose to do things for themselves and to raise their children in the same matter. She took in a nice, deep breath.

“Mother!”

A loud crashing sound echoed throughout the house. Trisha let the breath out in a very tiny sigh. The crash was followed by sobbing. Then putting a smile on her face, she hurried to the source. One of the five sisters was sprawled on the floor, a table that had been turned over on the ground beside her.

A wooden jar that had been on top was now at Trisha's feet. Muddy footprints were all over the wooden floor. Her raven black hair was covered in leaves and twigs. She was crying. “Oh, sweetheart.

What happened?” Asked Trisha as she knelt down near her daughter. Hiccups came from the crying as she talked. “M-me and the others were playing hide and seek. I had to go and find everybody, only.”

She paused to wipe away more tears with a dirty hand. “I, I couldn't find anybody! They were nowhere, no matter how hard I looked! I fell into the mud, and I lost a shoe. My dress is torn, my hair is a mess, and now I wrecked the table.”

She broke into a fresh round of tears. Trisha embraced her daughter. “Oh, dearest. It's fine. The dress can be fixed, and we will buy you a new shoe.

I don't mind if you accidentally lose a shoe.” The little sister hugged her mother. “I'm not in trouble?” Trisha smiled and stroked her daughter's hair. “No, honey.

Another shoe can be gotten. But I can't get another daughter to take your place.” The little sister gave her mother a watery smile. Trisha tickled her daughter's tummy, causing her to giggle. “No, you are too special for anybody to replace you.

Now, come on. Let's get you cleaned up.” Trisha took her to their bathroom, and taking a wet piece of cloth, wiped the mixture of dirt and tears from her daughter's face. She got the hair all wet and wrapped it up in a towel. She gave the daughter a fluffy sheep robe and took the muddy dress.

With a swoop, Trisha went out of the room and into the laundry room. She dumped the dress into a washtub and filled a cauldron with water from a hand pump. She placed the cauldron onto a fireplace and set a fire. It roared to life. She went and sat her daughter down on a stool next to the fire.

She placed soap next to the washtub and then fetched a slice of her homemade bread and a brush.

Kneeling down behind her daughter, and handing her the bread, she unwrapped the towel and began to brush the tangled mess of her hair. With the hair being wet it was easier to do. The little sister contently ate the bread, enjoying the taste. Trisha began to hum a lullaby. Soon, the hair was silky smooth.

Trisha smiled. “There we go. All better now.” Her shoulder felt even sorer. Corina came out from a doorway, a worried look on her face.

“Mother, one of the little sisters is missing. She was supposed to find us but never did. The others are worried.” Corina caught sight of the little sister. “Oh.”

Trisha took another deep breath, softly enough that no one noticed. She smiled at her and brushed a strand of hair from her daughter's face. “No worries, Corina dear. Everything is good.

Call the others in, will you?” Corina nodded, hugged her mother, and went out. Trisha lifted the cauldron from the fireplace and poured it into the washtub. Taking the bar of soap, she washed the dress of all mud stains. Her arms still ached.

The little sister wandered away, munching on the bread slice. She was happy now. Trisha smiled and worked harder. The dirt came off the dress easily, and once it was clean, Trisha took it out and laid it besides, but not too close, to the fireplace. She dumped the washtub outside, allowing the grass to have the water.

She put out the fire, pumped a bucket full of new, clean water and grabbed a wash cloth. She straightened the table and placed the wooden jar back onto the top. Taking the bucket over to the steps, she cleaned them of dirt. Her back ached badly, from the pain.

Laughter sounded nearby, and footsteps pounded on the dirt. She raised her head and saw Johnathan running away from a panting Argon.

Lena was laughing and following behind. Jonathan was carrying a freshly killed animal. A wild chicken it seemed.

Argon had a bag at his waist.

They got close enough to hear. "You will regret that, Jonathan!" "I don't think I will, you're just too slow!" "Says the guy that got a bruise from Rayon!" "He wouldn't have given me a bruise if you had gotten out of the way!"

Both were laughing as they ran. They reached the house, still running. The seventeen-year-old Jonathan laughed and glanced over his shoulder. Therefore, he did not see the rock in the path. Therefore he tripped and landed flat on his face.

The animal went flying and landed straight on the clean floor. Trisha closed her eyes, not wanting to look at the mess on her floor. “Oh. Sorry
Mrs. Rowshield.” Jonathan's guilty voice spoke.

Trisha took a slow, deep breath, so softly that no one noticed. She opened her eyes to see the surprised, and guilty faces of Argon, Lena, and Jonathan. Trisha smiled at them. “It's perfectly fine. Please be more careful when carrying.”

She glanced at the dead animal. “Chickens?” Argon picked it up and looked at the floor. “Aw man. I messed up your clean floor.”

She patted her son's leg. “It's fine Argon. Place the bird on the counter. We will have it for dinner.” Argon glanced at his mother.

“Yeah, about that.” Trisha looked at him as he spoke. “Can I eat with Jonathan and Lena in the woods tonight?” Trisha smiled. “Alright, but do not be out too late young man.”

Argon rolled his eyes. “Yeah, yeah. I won't!” Trisha cleaned her floor once again and went to the kitchen. Sitting on a stool, she plucked the bird till all the feathers were gone.

Then she cleaned it and chopped the bird meat into little circles of meat. She got out a pan and a jar of cooking oil. She poured a small amount of oil onto the pan and fried the meat. Argon came into the kitchen. “Thanks, mother.”

Trisha smiled at him. “You know, when I was your age, I spent all my free time in those woods too. Such a mysterious and wonderful place isn't it?” Argon smiled. “Yeah. Oh, that reminds me.”

He reached into his bag as the little sister in the robe came into the kitchen. “Smells good in here, mommy.” He pulled out several handfuls of nuts. “Look what Lena gathered.” Trisha went over to him.

“What kind of nut are they?” Argon shrugged. “I don't know, but they are good.” He cracked one open and popped it into Trisha's mouth. It was spicy, nutty, and tasted a bit like pepper.

Trisha grinned. “We will have them with our dinner. Thank Lena for me, will you Argon?” Argon nodded. The little sister grinned.

“Argon and Lena sitting in a tree. K-i-s-s-i-n-g.” Argon's eyes widened, and he glared at the little sister. “H-hey!” The little sister giggled.

“You got a crush on Lena!” Argon growled. “I do not! She and I are just friends.” He was blushing, and muttering under his breath.

Trisha laughed and patted him on the shoulder. “Oh, she is just teasing. Right, dear?” She looked at the little sister who was giggling furiously. “Maybe.”

She hopped backward as Argon took a threatening step forward. “I'll get you.” The little sister grinned. “First, comes love, then comes marriage, then comes Argon with a baby. Meep!”

The little sister stopped talking and ran as Argon growled. “That's it! She is going to get it now!” He ran after his sister. Trisha laughed. “You two better not wreck anything as you run!”

Corina came in with the rest of the little sisters. Trisha directed them to the bathroom to wash up. Trisha fixed the cooked meat onto eight plates and put a handful of nuts on each. Thumping of boots sounded at the doorway. A smile spread itself across her face.

“Felix.” The door opened, and Felix came into the house. Corina and the five sisters all ran to hug him at once. “Daddy!” Felix embraced them with his arms.

“Hello, girls.” Argon came looking slightly grumpy. “Hey, father.” Felix nodded at him. “Where are you going?”

Argon grinned. “On a picnic with Lena and Jonathan. See ya!” Argon left through the open door, closing it behind him. Trisha came in, smiling at her husband. “Hello dear.”

Felix smiled at his wife. “Were the children good?” The little sisters shouted in unison. “Yes!” Trisha laughed.

“I suppose they were mostly good. Now come on girls. Off to the dinner table.” The little sisters ran off to the table. Corina hugged her father once more and went to join them.

Trisha stroked her husband's cheek. “Good to have you home,” Felix smiled and put an arm around her back. His head cocked as his hand stroked her back. “Hm, somebody has been rather stressed today.”

He murmured. Trisha smiled softly. Felix's skill with pottery also allowed him to be able to feel knots of stress in someone's nerves. “Just a few bumps here and there.” She said, winding her hands in his hair.

“It's all good.” He kissed her on the lips. Trisha's eyes closed. When they parted, Felix stroked his wife's hair. “Let's go eat.”

Trisha and Felix walked into the warm kitchen where their family awaited them.

Author's Note:

I wonder which one is right?