• Published 16th Mar 2016
  • 2,588 Views, 73 Comments

Suddenly Ponies - Billy G Gruff



Ever wondered what it was like to be summoned out of another dimension like you were some great and powerful wish granting demon or something? No? Well to bad that's what this is about!

  • ...
10
 73
 2,588

I just wanted to take a shower!

So have you ever been summoned out of your own dimension before? No? Well let me describe it to you; You are just minding your own business, just trying to take a quick hot shower to start your day before going to your mundane job. Maybe you are humming 'Its raining men" for some reason cause you heard it the other day and it decided to lodge itself in your noggin. Maybe you are slightly considering just going back to bed cause why the hell not. Point is you are just going through the motions of a typical morning and then -- much to your surprise -- a glowing purple glyph forms at your feet and starts screwing with the gravity.

You are there, flailing and floating about with droplets of water flying about in all directions with out gravity to pull it to the ground. Maybe you make some noises and squeals that aren't exactly appropriate for your gender but whatever -- reality decided not to play nice today so why bother trying to hide a girly scream or two.

Okay so maybe this is a pretty specific turn of events that wouldn't be indicative of everyone's forcible dislocation from reality but that's the experience I have to draw from. So anyway I'm flipping out and try to grab onto the shower curtain in the vain hope that it'd do something to help fix whatever the hell was going on at the time. It seemed to do the trick for a fraction of a millisecond, but that was until that glowing purple glyph thing decided to start spinning and sucking me into it. The force of it happening was enough for me to rip down the curtain clear off the rings and drag it along with me. I didn't even get a chance to turn the shower off, it was probably going to cause flooding now.

Next thing I know, my happy ass is in some kind of Alice in Wonderland bullshit tunnel as naked as the day I woke with a hangover from tequila for the first time. It was like some glowing kaleidoscope of what I would assume an acid trip would look like. It was really jarring to my eyes let me tell you, there was nothing to really focus on, just these swirling amalgamations of color that screwed with any perceptions of up and down and left and right. At least that was my take of it, I was a bit busy screaming my head off at the time and saying every curse word that came to mind to really enjoy the sights.

All at once I flop onto the ground face first, luckily not hard enough to break anything. Droplets of water from the shower rained onto the cold hard surface around me -- to be joined by the plastic curtain that fell down over my bare ass and back. At that point I'm thinking I'm going to beat the hell out of whoever spiked my drink last night because tripping out like that when you aren't ready for it is just not cool at all. I thought whatever, it was just some bad episode and I could pick my ass off the floor and go back to doing my thing. These thoughts were made when my face was plastered to the cold hard floor though, I hadn't checked my surroundings just yet.

Probably would of been a good idea.

Then I heard what could only be described as happy horse noises. My soapy head popped up from the floor and my eyes screamed at me to chill the fuck out over the lighting. I squinted and as my vision adjusted. All I could describe this as is as if a cartoon had been made 3 dimensional, this is how it would look. The colors were vibrant and simpler and it had this strange...animated look to it, its kind of hard to describe. I put my hand over my eyes to shield it from the bright light it was coping with and I could make out the source of the aforementioned whinnying came from. This blurry purple thing was hopping around a smaller blurry looking purple thing, and it looked like it was having the time of its life.

At that moment I was still serious about beating whomever spiked my drink, but then I would ask that person where they got it from after because hot damn this trip was vivid. I shakily got to my knees and tried to cover up my body with the curtain. I may not see anyone worth being modest over but considering I had no idea what the hell was going on I wasn't taking any chances. My vision focused a bit and I made out the shapes of some kind of horse and lizard

The tiny purple horse thing spotted me moving and its horn started glowing...

its horn started glowing...its horn....

As my brain tried to process that new bit of info I was enveloped in some kind of purple energy field, judging from the turn of events I could only surmise it was from the the winged horned horse thing...oh yeah it has wings, that's a thing.

My eyes were pretty adjusted now and I was in what could only be described as some kind of gigantic room made out of cartoonish crystal. That energy field that surrounded me made a perfect circle around where I was and prevented me from standing up. It didn't hurt to touch, but it was very much solid. It neighed at me and started gesturing its hooves. It looked kinda like a cat with its big eyes and head and twitchy ears. Maybe it was some kind of cat horse bird horn hybrid monstrosity of adorableness come to take over the world or something.

I could tell this much though, its eyes and the gestures it were making indicated it was trying to communicate and wasn't exactly menacing.

"Listen uh...Horsey.... I don't have a clue what you are saying" I said in a placating tone. She looked at me perplexedly, not understanding what I said at all. Ah the good old language gap, always a fun thing to deal with. Her eyes lit up in excitement and her horn flared up again. she pointed the tip of it at me and the beam that came out was too quick to avoid.

It kept making neighs and whinnies for a moment or two until it started sounding like a woman's voice. It was very gradual, and there was this moment when I heard both the horse noises and the female voice at the same time until the transition happened entirely.

"Do you understand me now?"

I blinked and felt around my body to feel if she had changed anything about me with that beam "Um...yes I can, and I'm not sure if I should be freaking out or not right now"

"I figured as much, which is why you are in temporary confinement for the moment. I also need to make sure you don't release any foreign pathogens into Equestria or get sick off of anything we have"

"Uh huh.... so could I ask something"

"Absolutely!"

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!? WHY AM I TALKING TO A PURPLE HORNED HORSE ALIEN?!"

"Hey! Watch your manners!" Called out the lizard thing, it sounded like a kid to my ears now. Actually now that my eyes were adjusting he looked less like a lizard and more like something else. I didn't want to voice that something else unless I sounded like a complete loony though.

The talking horse seemed a bit taken aback by my outburst but she recovered quickly enough and placated her companion with a hoof.

"Its okay Spike, our new visitor is in a new world and is liable to experience some surges of emotions. Remember that one time we went to the human world?"

"Wait you went to my world?" I asked suddenly

she looked perplexed and dragged her eyes up and down my body, making me a bit self conscious about still being naked and soapy.

"You don't look like the humans I met... you are a lot taller for one thing, and your coloring is more subdued...you say you are a human?"

"Last time I checked...seriously you dragged me to wherever this is and you didn't even know what I am?"

She shrugged and sat on her haunches, not in the least perturbed about me pointing out her abduction. Whether this was some acid trip or not this was far to vibrant and lucid to not try and get answers from her. I could freak out about all this later when my brain catches up with the situation. Which should be pretty soon.

"Well, the thing is I was testing out some freeform conjuration magic. Any unicorn can follow directions out of a book, but for somepony like me I feel experimenting with the very fabric of magic and seeing how the components fit together is vital to create new magic and write new spell books for future generations. You are the first successful freeform conjuration spell I've done yet!"

I sat there buck ass naked, just nodding along to all of this with the most peculiar collection of emotions I had ever had.

I took a deep breath "So what I'm gathering here is you are some magical unicorn..."

"Alicorn Princess" she corrected

"Uh-huh... so you are whatever you just said, and you were...what, working with magic...magic is real now?"

She looked a little confused and then tapped her head with her hoof in what I would assume would be the equivalent of a face palm "Oh yes! I forgot the other human dimension hadn't had any magic in it either! Of course you would be unfamiliar with this. Maybe all human dimensions don't have magic?"

I waved my hand that wasn't occupied with keeping the shower curtain covering the family jewels and tried to get her attention "Focus sweetie, I need to get this answered here."

"Get what answered?"

"You said I was the first...conjuration spell that was successful...what happened to the other ones?"

"Some got stuck between dimensions, I think one of them got sucked into their dimensions tartarus....and another one was turned inside out upon reaching here"

"It was a mess to clean up" The lizard boy said with a disgusted expression.

As you could probably understand, my mind was filled with nothing but silent screams at that point. What the living fuck?! What was this thing!?

"So...you are telling me after you...dislocated and disemboweled people..."

"Well they weren't all people, some of them were tentacle monsters"

"...after you had all those setbacks....you continued doing what you were doing because...?"

"Science of course! Trial and error is vital to the scientific method" she said it in the most adorably terrifying way, I didn't know if I wanted to pinch her cheeks or just start running for the hills if this dimension even had any.

I tried to measure my words really carefully. She did say she accidentally turned someone inside out, and I'll be honest with you I didn't want to see how much truth was behind that statement given that she already displayed what I would assume to be magical ability out of that horn of hers. She was significantly smaller than me, like the size of a fairly big dog, but I had a feeling I was outclassed in every other respect.

"Still! The fact that I snagged not only a living being from another dimension in tact, but its another variant on the human species! That is amazing! These findings alone could fill entire volumes of data. Multiverse theory is practically cemented in fact now!" She was intoxicated with her success. To be honest, I was happy she was successful too; being dislocated from all reality didn't sound like anything I wanted to be apart of, neither did inverting in on myself.

"I'm going to hazard a guess that you don't have the way to send me back either do you...at least not without getting lost between realities or end up with my guts spraying all over the shower"

She blinked and thought about it before giving a nervous laugh "um...yeah, sorry. I guess that is a downside with freeform conjuration magic huh?"

"Guess you could say that..."

She didn't seem evil or anything. I mean sure she nonchalantly told me I could of been turned into a bloody mess while taking a shower this morning or stuck on an eternal trip down a 2001 space odyssey montage, but she didn't seem outright malicious.

An awkward silent moment fell between me and the alicorn princess. I coughed and said, "Well... I was kind of in the middle of a shower, do you um...alicorns or unicorns or whatever have water on your planet? I can breathe, so I assume the atmosphere is similar enough to have it."

She nodded enthusiastically "Sure! Unfortunately I can't let you out of your bubble until I acclimate you to our environment but I can summon up some water for you to finish up! I was actually planning on washing your body anyway for experiments but since you are sentient it helps speed up the process quite nicely!"

forget what I said about the outwardly malicious thing. I tried to stand up and ended up banging my head against the magical dome and plopped down on the crystal floor and tried to back up as far as I could in this field.

"Now you listen here, you aren't going to be experimenting on my body at all! You get me horse lady! You aren't strapping me on any table and looking at my 'fascinating insides' or anything like that thank you very much!"

"Calm down!" She yelled out to me, waving her hooves in a placating manner. "I'm not going to exploratory surgery on you. Even if I wanted to take a look at your physiology I know magic that can yield way more data than typical surgical procedures and are entirely non invasive."

"Says the horse that told me she turned someone inside out like she was talking about the weather!"

"We don't even know if that was somepony in the first place, as far as we know it could of been a typical animal from that dimension!"

My mind had finally caught up with my situation. It decided powering down to make sense of all this was in order. I flopped to the ground losing consciousness. Fainting along with squealing like a girl earlier, I wasn't earning any points on my man card any time soon.

She was trying to get my attention, but my brain just wasn't having it. It was on the nope train all the way to faints-ville and there was nothing I could do about it.

I hadn't even asked her her name yet.

Author's Note:

This is going to be my first chapter story on this site.

Twilight is an experimental type, so I could see her trying to create her own spells for her own spellbooks that she would pass on in the future. Experimenting with new magic is likely to have consequences, especially with things like conjuration magic.

The main character is not going to remain nameless, he just hasn't exchanged names with Twilight yet.

I don't anticipate this becoming a clop, but its going to be pretty saucy. If I delve into anything weird I'll make sure to make the chapters optional and clearly marked.