• Published 15th Mar 2016
  • 2,455 Views, 104 Comments

Dear Twilight Sparkle - Penmore



After three months of silence, Twilight finally receives a reply from Princess Celestia.

  • ...
8
 104
 2,455

Great and Powerful

"Twilight!" Applebloom yelled as she saw her Prench tutor come out of the forest with Spike and another mare.

"Applebloom?" Spike hopped off of Twilight and ran to meet her halfway.

"Hey, Spike! Who's that you two are with?"

"Her? She's-"

"The Great and Powerful Trixie!" the azure mare yelled and threw down a smoke bomb only to reappear next to the two. "Pleasure." she said as extending her hoof.

Applebloom shook it as Twilight joined the rest of them. She had a look of confusion for a moment only to realize why she'd called out.

"Twilight, did you find that Sweetie girl anywhere?"

"Actually, Trixie is the one that found her. She's sleeping inside her wagon and we were on our way back to Rarity's."

"You found her?! That's fantastic!" they all watched as the filly jumped around excitedly only to stop as she gasped. "Twilight you have to let the other ponies know. They're all still searching for her in the forest."

"Oh dear. I don't think there would be any way for me to find them all. Was there some pony in charge of the search party?"

"Yea. Mayor Mare is waiting on the edge of town for any and all updates. I'm here cuz Applejack and Big Mac told me to let them know if anything changes. They went inside as well but they should be back pretty soon."

"Changes? Does that mean something happened?" Spike asked.

"Nah, I was just waiting for them to let them know we've got no leads. Though, now that Ms. Trixie here found Sweetie we should really head back to Mayor Mare and let her sound the alarm. It'll let all the ponies know to come back."

"Let's not waste any time then. I would really like for tonight to be done and over with. Trixie needs her beauty sleep and that can't happen unless my bed is free." Trixie attached the reigns once more and pulled the cart along following along with Twilight and Spike as Applebloom led the way.

They passed several ponies who stopped to quest what they were doing. Twilight had informed them of what happened and one of them went ahead to inform the Mayor. Soon, the alarm could be heard echoing through the cold night informing all the ponies to gather. As they reached the edge, Mayor Mare along with Rarity and Granny Smith waited for them. The pony that went ahead had indeed done his job and the last of the search parties arrived shortly after the group.

"Twilight!" Rarity yelled running towards the purple mare. "They said you found her. Where is she?!" Twilight found herself being shaken as she tried to explain.

"Rarity, calm down. Trixie is the one who found her." Spike separated them before Twilight found herself sick.

"Trixie? Who's Trixie?"

It was then that a loud boom went off and smoke cover the cart as a stage appeared. Fireworks went out and lights were turned on as a voice echoed for all the ponies to hear. "I, am The Great and Powerful Trixie!" wearing a matching cape and magician's cap she stood center stage. "Watch and be amazed at magic like you've never seen before!" At this more fireworks shot out from behind and exploded in the sky forming her name.

The door to the wagon opened and Sweetie Belle stepped out clutching a blanket. Her mane was a mess and her fur was slightly matted from sweat. "Can't a pony get some decent sleep around here?" she asked rubbing her eyes.

"Sweetie Belle!" Rarity rushed forward and wrapped the filly in hooves. She proceeded to cover her in affection as ponies immediately surrounded the sisters. All the while, Trixie was left ignored by all save for a few interested in her act.

"Ms. Trixie, on behalf of Ponyville; I, Mayor Mare, must thank you for finding the young filly before anything unfortunate occurred. Regardless, I must ask you not put on your show here as we're all very likely tired and in need of rest. Please visit my office tomorrow morning I'll be more than happy to help you get a performance permit."

Trixie jumped off the stage and kicked it as she landed safely. The stage flipped back and returned to it's normal wagon state.

"Very well. Thank you, Mayor." Trixie put her cap and cap away as Rarity came having finished her tearful reunion.

"Ms. Trixie?"

"Trixie is fine. I'd rather not get into the whole Great and Powerful bit as even I need to give it a rest at times."

"Very well, Trixie. I wanted to thank you for saving my sister. I don't know how I can ever repay you but I swear I'll do my best. Please, stop by my boutique in the morning and I'll see if I can't add more to your wardrobe. Free of charge, of course."

"Having my cape mended and a new dress or two would be nice. Okay, thank you. I do have some advice though."

"Oh?"

"You might want to teach your sister not to follow strangers so readily. Even if they've seen them before."

"What do you mean?"

"She didn't tell you?" Trixie looked at the filly who tried to hide herself behind Rarity as the topic came up.

"Sweetie Belle? What does she mean?"

"I... I..." The little unicorn did her best to try not to cry as the truth of the matter came out.

"Apparently, your sister has seen my show before and took it upon herself to follow me into the woods. I'm not entirely sure what in all of Equestria she thought would happen but I shook her off my trail thinking it was something or some pony else. It wasn't until I doubled back to find her crying about being lost that I brought her to my wagon."

"Sweetie Belle!! What have I told you about following strangers?! You're beyond lucky to have been found by Trixie otherwise you'd be stuck out in the woods or worse!"

"I'm sorry sis. I just thought I'd be able to see the show again..."

"We'll talk about this later. For now, thank Trixie for taking care of you and let's get some rest."

"Thank you Ms. Trixie. I'm sorry for causing you trouble."

Trixie sighed and patted the filly's head. "It's fine. I've done my fair share of bad moves when I was young. Just, be sure to listen to your sister and not do something like that again. Okay?"

"Okay."

The showmare watched the two walk off before she strapped the reins again and pull her wagon towards the center of town. Rarity, in the meantime, stopped to wait for Twilight to say goodbye to Spike before continuing the return to the boutique. The walk was silent as Sweetie Belle fell asleep while riding on Rarity. Neither unicorn wanting to wake the filly from her slumber it was just a silent agreement to wait until they were back at Rarity's house.


As Rarity descended the stairs after putting Sweetie to bed, she found Twilight waiting at the dinner table a cup of tea waiting for the tired designer.

"She asleep?"

"Yes, I didn't wake her as I put her to bed." Rarity sighed as she took a sip of the tea.

"That's good. I thought..."

"Twilight. What were you doing?"

"W-what do you mean?"

"Twilight. Big Mac told me you what you told him. How you were already at the schoolhouse. It was why you let Sweetie go back on her own wasn't it?"

"I--" Twilight shifted in her seat trying to look away from the stare her friend was giving her.

"Twilight, just tell me what you were doing. Please."

"I wasn't doing anything. I just wanted some time alone is all." She didn't want to lie to Rarity but she didn't want to let her know about breaking her promise concerning Fluttershy. It was bad enough she left her sister to wander around and end up in the forest. She didn't want her to know it happened because of a broken promise.

Rarity's reaction to it was a lot different than Twilight had thought. As the ivory unicorn left her seat to walk next to Twilight and strike her. Twilight was sent tumbling back bleeding slightly from her mouth and fear forming in her eyes.

"You left her alone because you wanted to be alone?! I told you to watch out for her! She's only a filly and new to the town so you thought it was a good idea to let her walk back on her own?! She could have died tonight Twilight! My sister could have died tonight and all because you wanted to be alone?!"

"I'm sorry! I just..." Twilight yelled as tears kept flowing and her body began to shake with each step Rarity took towards her.

"You just what?! She gets lost easily and it was why I told you to look out for her! Yet, you chose your own needs rather than look after my sister! If it was Spike and I left him alone to wander into the Everfree don't you think you'd care less about my needs?! This is not the way friendship works Twilight! I forgave you for ignoring us, I forgave you for bringing up Applejack's past and even thanked you for helping her. But this, this I can't forgive. Get out."

The fashionista was looming over Twilight at this point and tears were falling from her as well whether they were for Sweetie Belle or something else Twilight didn't know.

"Rarity? Please just... let me explain."

"I've had enough Twilight. I can barely stand to look at you any longer. Take your things and get out of my house."

"But-"

"Get out!" Rarity screamed at the top of her lungs.

A noise came from the top of the stairs and a voice called out breaking the silence the yell had created.

"Rarity? What's going on?"

"Go back to sleep Sweetie Belle."

"But, I heard you screaming... is something wrong?"

"Not now Sweetie. Go back to bed."

"Why's Twilight crying?"

"Go to your room! Now!"

The filly stumbled back and ran upstairs; a door could be heard being closed and silence blanketed the room once more. Rarity turned away from the purple unicorn underneath her and took a few steps towards the stairs. She stopped halfway and Twilight heard her as she picked herself up.

"I don't want to see you here once I'm done talking to Sweetie. In fact, just don't come back here again. I'll let you know when I want to talk to you."


The night wind was cold and cut through Twilight's fur as she closed the door to the boutique. She'd messed up again and more than likely lost another friend. She didn't want to go back to the library for fear of Spike asking questions. She didn't want to disappoint any pony else at the moment. She walked through the town as the lights of the few ponies left awake died down. She didn't know what to do until she walked into what she though was a wall since she had been looking at the ground the whole time only to find it was a familiar wagon.

A noise came inside and the window rushed open for a tired Trixie to look out into the night.

"What is it?! Can't you see I'm trying to get Great and Powerful some sleep?" she yelled as her eyes tried to adjust to the moonlight.

"Sorry about that Trixie. I wasn't watching where I was going."

Trixie looked down to see the mare she met in the forest. She was about to yell again when she noticed dried blood on her mouth. She closed the window and stepped outside to help her up.

"It's fine. Not like I was sleeping anyways. Come inside and I'll see what I can do about that cut."

"Are you sure? I don't want to bother you more than I already have tonight."

"I'm not going to say it again. Now, come on it's cold out tonight and I'd rather get sleep in before tomorrow."

The pair walked inside and the light from the wagon showed shadows dancing around. It was a while before the light went out and the only sounds left were those of the night winds.

Author's Note:

Once again, I have to say that I do not in any way shape or form hate Twilight. Not much else to say.

As always, thank you for taking the time to read my story. Please leave a comment or critique below as any critique helps me grows as a writer. Have a Great and Powerful day!