• Published 2nd May 2016
  • 1,947 Views, 34 Comments

Twinkie - Bad Horse



Silly stories about Twilight and Pinkie.

  • ...
2
 34
 1,947

2. Next Time

Twilight horn-pulled a sheet of parchment off the roll and pinned it to her desk with one small black stone at each corner. Just one more, she thought. You can do this.

She looked back over her left shoulder at Pinkie. Pinkie smiled back at her.

She looked back at the empty page, gritted her teeth, and began to write.

Dear Miss Hooffin Mouth,

It is with regret that I must inform you

Something moved in the edge of her vision. The quill snapped in her horngrip. She turned around again.

A bird had flown past the window. Over her shoulder, Pinkie smiled back at her.

She pulled a new quill out of a pile in one of the desk’s cubbyholes, dipped it in the inkwell, then continued:

… that, although ice sculptures are indeed beautiful and a longstanding Crystal Pony tradition,

“Now?” Pinkie asked.

Twilight's nose twitched. The second quill snapped. A hair sprung out sideways from her mane.

“No, Pinkie, not now.”

Twilight pulled another new quill out of the same pile in one of the desk’s cubbyholes, dipped it in the inkwell, then continued:

… they have never worked out at the Summer Sun Celebration,

“Now?” Pinkie trilled.

The third quill trembled, but did not snap. It floated gently to a horizontal position and rested there. Twilight took a deep breath.

“No, Pinkie. Not now.”

She turned back to the paper.

… owing to the summer sun.

Sincerely,

She stopped, and looked back over her shoulder. Pinkie smiled back at her.

Sincerely, Princess Twilight Sparkle

Twilight dropped the quill quickly onto the blotter, as if it were hot.

“NOW?” Pinkie shouted, her muzzle suddenly at Twilight’s ear.

Twilight leaned back and to her right, out of the way. “Yes, Pinkie. Now.” She looked away as a pink blur pounced on the freshly-written letter.

Next time, Twilight thought, I’ll just lick the stamps myself.

Author's Note: