• Published 24th Feb 2016
  • 3,039 Views, 112 Comments

Equestrian labs - Shadow-Aura



A group of ponies with the help of Princess of friendship uncover a dark truth from before Celestia’s reign...

  • ...
7
 112
 3,039

Chapter 5

On the train heading into the empire Eclipse was quiet feeling quite guilty for abandoning his niece and his royal companion noticed this as behind him she was sat looking over with a worried look. “Dr. Eclipse I know you feel bad but this is probably your biggest find in the history of equestria being well a cover up makes it better.” the princess said walking up to him and putting a comforting wing around his body.

“I just abandoned my niece with a guy I barely trust in the search of a conspiracy theory that may not be real.” Eclipse sighed as he saw the station out of the window and got up to vacate his seat “Let's see if we can get any more info from the crystal library about our target because we are going into terrain that has questionable chance of survivability as well as potentially covered up secrets and die I would feel bad leaving her with a thestral that annoyed me.”

“I understand Eclipse but you knew he would make sure he'd look after her as well as making sure she got home,” I don’t think we will find anything extra in the the crystal library I would remember I um…. Read all of the books in it but they were made before the journal.” Twilight said with a nervous chuckle as she tried to keep the subject on the expedition “Also there wasn’t mention of the aperture stated in the journal but i’m sure ‘his’ library may have something.”

“Well looks like we have to head to the castle and see Princess Cadence.” Eclipse said looking towards the crystal spire as he knew who ‘he’ was.

-----

Meanwhile on the road Celestia’s sun bearing down on their backs Ice and Solar was making good progress towards solar’s home until a shriek came out from a certain filly “MR ICEY BAT I NEED TO EAT!” Solar was shouting as she sat down in the middle of the road and pouted in a stroppy way.

“We ate at the last town Solar birdy!” Ice said with a groan as he was getting a little annoyed with the filly as she was always hungry or tired or something that meant they had to stop and to be honest that would piss anyone off. Just saying foals and road trips are not fun. Like seriously no fun for anyone.

“But I only had a sandwich and that wasn’t tasty.” Solar said with a grumble as she was not enjoying the long journey home “Why couldn't we get a train….”

“Because where your mum lives doesn’t have a station nearby unless ponyville's which is where we was so getting a train isn’t the best option but look we are almost there Solar.” Ice said pointing to a singular house in the middle of practically nowhere “That’s the coordinates on this map look familiar dear?”
“You can read a map… wow!” Solar said with genuine surprise as suddenly out of the door came a yellow mare that scooped solar up and snuggled her “MUM PUT ME DOWN!”

“No you are never leaving my sight…. Thank you so much for bringing her home i’m Sunshine and you are?” Sunshine said looking at ice and smiling with joy in her eyes as she put her foal down. She was pretty but being a single mum in the middle of nowhere pretty didn’t do much for her but she was happy-ish.

“The name is Swift Ice just a noble thestral doing his sworn duty to help a maiden in need,” Ice said with a bow as he noticed she was very happy for him returning solar to sunshine.

“My baby brother paid you to bring her home didn’t he yes… It’s ok it’s still noble to do so as she’s a little madam dp you want to share a coffee inside.” Sunshine said with a smile as she gestured him to join her inside as Solar ran off inside. How could he refuse free coffee.

---

Back in the Empire Eclipse stood before Princess cadence his left hind leg shaking visibly as he stood “Come forward Dr Darksun I heard you and Twily wanted to ask me something but then she saw Flurry and went into Aunt mode which i’m glad for a break is nice… Anyhow i guess it’s up to you what do you need to ask of me.” Cadence said as she sat down on her thrown trying to keep the meeting informal as possible she was visibly tired and dishevelled from lack of sleep. Another reason foals are evil. Like seriously evil.

“Well I’m happy you are willing to speak to me princess I won’t take up to much of your time I hope,” Eclipse said with a bow as he smiled but still visibly nervous as for what he was about to ask was a question nopony would dare to ask unless they was insane or desperate. The latter being Eclipses case “Princess Cadence me and princess twilight came here hoping to ask for permission to access the archives of king sombra.”

“Pray tell why would you ask me this… those archives contain dark magic and require use of such to even find them hence why I am wondering what possible need would you Dr. Darksun would you require such texts.” Cadence said as she was shocked to hear that request and due to the nature of what lay inside those books. Plus they was probably booby trapped.

“I know it seems strange but recently we found an ancient text preserved by magic that dated to be about 2000 years old it’s contents where stating of some sort of research department within Equestria dubbed Aperture and said Princess Celestia was involved someway,” Eclipse said with a sigh “However we can’t find hnd nor hair of this place in any files and as the dates are before sombra’s rise to power and the disappearance of the empire maybe just maybe his library might have a sliver of information in it…. And if so I hope you’ll let us investigate this as well I belive it may have been covered up in some fashion and as a historian I want to know why.” After this he stood up tall as if showing he was dedicated to his work “Please your highness let me continue my journey!”

Cadence sat there pondering for a moment looking at the unicorn stallion before her. She could see he was dedicated and was desperate to find this piece of history forgotten or hidden from the public. If her auntie hid it must’ve been something of national security but she herself was curious as to what skeletons aunt celestia had hidden away. “You shall be given passage on two conditions you take guards with you and I open and close the entrance as you go in and out.” She said in her most professional tone making Eclipse glad bowing to the oink Alicorn and leaving after thanking her….