• Published 24th Feb 2016
  • 3,038 Views, 112 Comments

Equestrian labs - Shadow-Aura



A group of ponies with the help of Princess of friendship uncover a dark truth from before Celestia’s reign...

  • ...
7
 112
 3,038

chapter 6

Author's Note:

I'M BACK yes I've returned in a fashion of new creativity this story needed from now on this story gets dark and we'll meet the mare in the cover art in I think two chapters time so stay tuned my loyal followers

“So Mr. Ice was it I’m so glad you could join us for lunch it’s not much we have company out here is it little Solarbeam?” sunshine said with a beaming smile as she poured Ice a glass of lemonade the drink complimented her personality, sweet and bubbly.

“Well if invited into a pretty mare’s home I’ll be happy to accept,” Ice said smoothly as he was just happy he had gotten there as she was stunning. “But the offer of food is even better.”

“You um really think I’m pretty,” Sunshine asked with a little blush as she looked away trying to hide it “I’m just a lonely mother of one nothing special.”

“Being a lonely mother of one is what makes you special,” Ice said with a smile holding her hoof and smiling as she gave him a hug and cried into his shoulder “There there it’s ok to cry…” he said as he comforted her holding her in his embrace.

Meanwhile in the crystal empire Eclipse was descending into King Sombra’s library his horn ignited to add some light to the darkness that consumed the walls and cold stone winding stairs that lead down into the even darker abyss below him “So Princess Twilight can you see anything down there!” He called out seeing a purple glow appear from the bottom of the stairs.

“SO MANY BOOKS!” A very foal like squeal came from the bottom of the stairwell as ominous looking torches ignited magically revealing the vastness of Sombra’s forbidden books, poems and journals “OY MY GOSH OH MY GOSH HOW WAS THESE HIDDEN FROM ME!”

“I have no idea, your highness.” Eclipse said as he reached the bottom of the stairwell withholding his urge to start bawling with laughter at this grown princess acting like a filly on hearth's warming eve. “But we don’t have time to read them now we need to look for aperture so I guess we need to find where Sombra categorized the books.”

“I guess you are correct…” Twilight said with a little pout as she made a note to bug cadence till she was allowed to read everything in here. However, Eclipse was correct they needed to find anything to do with aperture or anything of the sorts.

“Hey, there’s a desk here with a map…” Eclipse said pointing out an old desk with a map that looked pristine and new. “Huh, how strange an age-defying map probably an enchantment of sorts…”

Twilight joined him as she scanned the map “Celestia’s secrets sounds promising, doesn’t it? Seems strange thinking of her having secrets.” she noted as she pointed to section on the map colored with white.

“Hey look there are lines on the floor here all diverging from the map like roads,” Eclipse pointed out as he began to follow the white ones “Maybe it’ll lead to that section like a signpost follow me, princess.”

“Um ok then…” Twilight said as she began to worry about what they could find in this library as it seemed to span a very vast area into a dark murky abyss. “I hope I’m not the only one who’s creeped out by this place right because I don’t know how but I’m sensing a dark presence as if someone is watching us.”

Eclipse looked around feeling chills running across his nerves as he felt like something was watching him, following him. It was a creepy feeling that he couldn’t shake at all no matter how far they walked. It was creepy and disturbing. “It’s best we hurry then I sense it too.”

Twilight simply nodded in agreement and entered a white door into a small storage room lit up by an ominous red crystal in the center of the room sticking out of the ground. The walls were lined with books only separated by a single mahogany desk with a chair by it.

“This must be Sombra’s study and guessing by the door where he hid Celestia’s so-called secrets,” Eclipse deduced as he entered the room and scanned the shelves noticing the books had been organized alphabetically and had preservation enchantments on them. “Huh, he was a book freak like you Princess.”

“I think the word is enthusiast Dr. eclipse but yes I commend this organisation and preservation of these valuable archives of secrets,” Twilight said hiding her inner eggheadedness as she began to search the books “If there is anything on this Aperture place it’ll be in the A section hmm or would it be in a book called projects or such.”

“Only one way to find out…” Eclipse said picking out a book called ‘Celestia’s deadly secrets’ and began to read it. “We have to be thorough no page unturned…” He added as he saw Twilight practically dive into the A section of the books. “I um guess that won’t be a problem hmm.”