• Published 17th Feb 2016
  • 1,711 Views, 32 Comments

Bonding Marks - booksmart



After a hard year Applejack struggles to recover while loves blooms amung the Main Six.

  • ...
13
 32
 1,711

Unplaned Consultations

Princess Celestia stretched her back after shedding her regal ware. It had been a long day of snotty dignitaries and nobles and she was looking forward to curling up with a good book in front of her fireplace. She carefully selected an ancient text she loved dearly and set the fire with her magic. She drew her curtains and with a content sigh settled down for a nice relaxing read. For a moment all was peaceful. It was a precious moment that Celestia cherished for it was ended all too soon as a purple flash erupted in front of her. The first few times this had happened Celestia was at the ready but with this event happening more and more recently she simply smiled not even looking up from her book she called.

“Good evening Twilight.” What Celestia got in response was not the usual greeting of her faithful student but the nervous shriek and rambling of a pony she did not know. To Celestia’s surprise, she looked up to find two ponies standing in front her with terrified expressions on their faces. Evidently not a threat. Keeping her composure she closed her book.

“I’m sorry my little ponies. Twilight has never sent guest by her spells. What is your business here? After the hours of the court?” Celestia asked. Her annoyance in check from thousands of years of practice. The ponies just stared shell shocked. “Speak,” Celestia commanded.

“Celestia!” the stallion shouted. The sun goddess held back a snicker.

“Yes?” she asked.

“Your student has ruled against you Princess,” the stallion continued, “and then assaulted my wife and myself.”

Celestia raised an eyebrow, “I’ve known Princess Twilight Sparkle for many years. She is not one to be violent. Nor anger easily. And what ruling did you seek from her?”

“Our daughter is being–”

At that moment who these ponies were clicked in Celestia’s mind, “Oh yes. How is Rainbow Dash? I haven’t spoken to her recently.”

“She is being forced into a relationship,” the mare replied, speaking for the first time.

Celestia cocked her head to the side, “Is she now? I thought those two would be inseparable but I guess the heart does what it pleases does it not?”

“What?” the stallion asked rather unceremoniously.

“I assume that she has broken things off with Applejack if she has been forced into a new relationship.”

“You knew?”

“Of AppleDash?” Celestia asked completely dropping her composure to have fun with these parents. “Why of course.” All Celestia got was a blank stare from both the mare and the stallion. “They are quite the couple.”

“But…But…they’re mares,” the stallion stammered.

“And you a stallion,” Celestia replied, enjoying toying with the closed minded stallion, “So is this why you wished to speak with me?”

Again Celestia got no response from the parents.

“Well?” The stallion and mare both nodded, “In that case, the right to same-sex relationships is well established and I fully support it.
Therefore if the ruling was to allow Applejack and Rainbow Dash to continue seeing each other then I agree with the ruling and see no need to overthrow it.”

“What about procreation?” mare shouted, speaking for the first time.

Now they’re just grasping at straws, she thought to herself, “Procreation doesn’t matter if a pony can’t be happy with an opposed sex partner.”

Before the mare could respond a feverish knocking sounded on the door and a very excited Princess Candace ran in. Celestia sighed and closed her book. So much for relaxing.

“My dear niece I am in the middle of something,” Celestia cautioned the younger Princess.

“Nothing important,” Candace replied then turned to the couple, “Applejack and Rainbow Dash have a very strong bond and are truly in love none of the rulers of equestrian intend to force them apart. Good day.” With that, a flash of light blue erupted and the Dash parents were gone.

“How did you…”

“Princess of Love,” Candace interrupted. “Now common with have something to do!” Another flash of light erupted as Candace teleported herself and Celestia.