• Published 17th Feb 2016
  • 1,700 Views, 32 Comments

Bonding Marks - booksmart



After a hard year Applejack struggles to recover while loves blooms amung the Main Six.

  • ...
13
 32
 1,700

Royal Consultations

A loud knocking sounded throughout the house. Applejack quickly finished with her mane. She glanced at the sun, it had only just begun to set.

Someone’s eager, Applejack thought to herself smiling. She looked herself over in the mirror. She didn’t look half bad, no where near what a mare that deserved Rainbow Dash should look like, but still presentable. She let out a frustrated sigh as she took in her bulky muscular frame. She envied Rainbow’s thin athletic frame sometimes. It was just…sexier.

The knocking sounded once again.

“Applebloom can yah get that?” Applejack called as she grabbed her Stenson.

“Enope! Ah’m busy,” Applebloom replied. Applejack just about faechoofed. That filly had been in her room all day since her date with Spike. From the smile she had on when Applejack last saw her she could only assume the date ended well.

“I’ll get it younglings,” Granny called.

“Thanks Granny!” Applejack called. She gave herself one last look in the mirror and fluffed her forelock. Satisfied she made her way to the stairs just as Granny Smith opened the door.

“Why howdy handsome. What–” Granny started only to be cut off.

“Where is that Celestia forbidden creature?” A strong male voice unmistakably Rainbow Blaze’s asked.

Applejack stopped dead in her tracks.

“Ain’t none here. Did ya try the Everfere?” Granny Smith asked.

“If your hiding her I will bring tartus upon you,” Rainbow Blazed shouted.

“What’s all the yelling about?” Applebloom asked loudly behind Applejack drawing attention their way.

Nice going sis, Applejack thought as she saw anger flare up in Rainbow Blaze’s eyes.

Surprisingly it wasn’t the stallion that spoke though, “You are to stay away from Rainbow Dash.” Dash’s mother’s voice was cold as ice.

“Now who do yah–”

“I can handle this Granny.” Applejack interjected, knowing full well this would be a disaster if Granny got involved.

“Like buck ya can,” Granny replied. “Y’all ain’t gonna say nothing to my grandbaby.”

“I will tear you limb from limb if I must,” Rainbow Blaze growled.

Applejack stepped between Granny and Rainbow Blaze, “Just calm down yah hear. Ain’t no need to go making threats. May I speak with y’all outside?”

Rainbow Blaze seemed about to deny the request before apparently realizing that it was what he wanted also. He nodded and the two Dash parents and Applejack stepped out on the porch.

“Now you seem reasonable I’m sure you can understand why you can never see our daughter again,” Rainbow Shine said.

Applejack rolled her eyes, “I couldn’t get rid a yer daughter if ah wanted to. And I ain’t got no hankering t’a go trying.” Applejack felt the air bristle.

“How dare you–” Rainbow Blaze was cut off by a blue blur skidding to a halt between Applejack and the other two ponies. When the dust settled there was a rather angry looking blue pegasus with a rainbow mane standing in front of Applejack with her wings flared defensively.

“Stay away from her!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“Rainbow–” RainbowShine began.

“I said stay away from my marefriend!” Dash snapped, “You have no right to yell at her!” The sound of hoof hitting flesh rang out as Rainbow Blaze hit his daughter’s muzzle. Dash yelped but held her ground. Applejack managed to see around the protective blue wings of her marefriend enough to see the blood tricking from her nose.

“Alrighty,” She muttered and shoved her lighter feathered love out of the way, “This has gone one long enough. Mr. Blaze, Mrs. Shine we are going to the authorities.”

“Be my guest. Celestia will side with us. You are a disgrace to her,” Rainbow Blaze spat.

“It ain’t Celestia that we are going t’a talk with.”


Twilight paced around her room nervously, Spike perched on her bed as she fiddled with her dress, make up, hair and hoofs all at the same time with her magic and still managed to have the brain power to have a full blown panic attack.

“What if it all goes wrong?” She asked.

“For the million’th time it won’t,” Spike said from the bed.

“But if it does?”

“It won’t,” Spike repeated.

“I could lose her forever,” Twilight wailed.

“No you wouldn’t.”

“Even worst the Elements might stop working! I could never live with myself if I put Equestria in danger because of my own selfish wants,” Twilight rambled on, ignoring Spike.

“Didn’t you tell Rainbow Dash that it was basically impossible for that to happen?” Spike pointed out.

“And then Celestia will banish me!”

Spike rolled his eyes, “No she won’t.”

“And I’ll be alone for thousands of years only to come back as Nightmare moon…or Nightmare Twilight…”

“Really?” Spike asked.

“And then…”

A knock sounded at the castle door.

“Look Spike they’re coming for me!” Twilight yelled and ducked behind a stack of books. She stayed hidden from view for what must have been fifteen minutes before she felt a soft prodding on her shoulder.

“Twilight dear. Don’t you know its poor manners to leave your date waiting on the door step?” Rarity asked. Twilight felt all her fears vanish in an instance as her heart swelled at the mention of Rarity as her date. Twilight then realized that she was cowering behind a stack of books because her date knocked on the door. Blushing and giggling awkwardly to herself she extracted herself from her hiding place to give Rarity a gentle embrace.

“Sorry I was overreacting…again.”

Rarity’s gentle laugh filled Twilight with joy, “Never change Twilight.” Twilight got a peck on her cheek that sent electric sparks flying through her. She was about to respond when another, more urgent knocking came at the door. Rarity raised an eye brow and Twilight scowled.

“It’s Friday night. Why can’t they leave me alone,” she muttered as she walked down the hall with Rarity on her heels.

“The price of royalty,” Rarity said far too cheerfully.

“Don’t remind–”

“Princess we demand an audience!” a shrill female voice rang out.

Twilight rolled her eyes, “Why do they think my time is theirs?”

Rarity chuckled, “Especially when your mine right now.” Twilight blushed but gathered enough wits to suppress it as she finally reached the door. She had never imagined Rarity being this…playful. She put on her best regal expression and calmly opened to door as taught by Celestia.

“I’m sorry but I am not taking audiences as of the moment,” she said sternly.

“Could ya make an exception Surgarcude?” Applejack asked. Twilight didn’t let her surprise show as she surveyed the group that had intruded on her personal time. There was Applejack, a furious looking married couple that Twilight had never met and a raging Rainbow Dash.

Twilight let a smile show through her mask, “Always for a friend what can I do for you?” She could basically hear the eye roll Rarity was giving her. “Rarity, I’ll make it up to you later.”

“Rares is here?” Applejack asked.

“I thought we were going to see the Princess,” the married mare complained. Twilight extended her wings and gestured to her horn and crown. This of course went unnoticed.

“Geez mom, dad don’t you read the papers. Meet Equestria’s newest Princess, Princess Twilight Sparkle.” Rainbow Dash introduced in an overzealous manner.

Twilight let out a small cough, “Yes well. What can I do for you all? Keep in mind I have other duties to attend to.”

“Other duties indeed,” she heard Rarity chuckled in the back ground.

“We need a ruling,” the stallion how must have been Rainbow Blaze.

Twilight let her façade fall and rolled her eyes, “I gathered that.”

The mare, who must have been Rainbowshine, turned her nose up, “I would have thought a princess would be more dignified.”

Twilight could feel her patients wearing thin it was then that a pearl white unicorn stepped into view.

“Twilight was a unicorn before she was a Princess. I would expect better respect from her subjects seeing as she earned her title.” Rarity interjected.

Twilight’s heart swelled but quickly deflated with Rainbow Blaze’s next comment, “You should talk. Kicking out paying customers.”

Twilight’s patients snapped, “Alright. I have more important things to be doing so if you do not voice your concern in the next thirty seconds it will need to wait till Monday.”

“I would never–” Rainbowshine began.

“Twenty five seconds.” Twilight interrupted.

“This filthy mongrel of an earth pony has manipulated our daughter in a relationship,” Rainbow Blaze stated. Twilight stared at the stallion who seemed very proud of having brought what he thought was a momentous problem to a Princesses attention.

You’ve got to be kidding me.