• Published 17th Feb 2016
  • 1,700 Views, 32 Comments

Bonding Marks - booksmart



After a hard year Applejack struggles to recover while loves blooms amung the Main Six.

  • ...
13
 32
 1,700

Club Meetings

What Rainbow Dash found made her gasp, giggle and recoil in surprise all at the same time. Under the mattress was a copy of Flight Magazine, but it wasn’t just any copy, it was the Wet Feathers Edition, specifically the Wet Feathers edition featuring the newest recruit to the Wonderbolts, at the time. Rainbow Danger Dash. She could barely contain her laughter as she imagined Applejack “having fun” with the magazine. She then bit her lower lip as those images sent her own arousal even higher. She wondered if she could use this magazine as leverage to get Applejack to take sexy picture for her own “enjoyment”.

Ah, she’d never go for it, Dash concluded and replaced the magazine back under the mattress. Satisfied that there was nothing left to check she re-made the bed and looked out the window. Thankfully Applejack was nowhere to be seen. She took off away from the house content in the knowledge she had done some good and gotten away with it.


Scootaloo shifted uncomfortably with her foreleg wrapped around the sniffling Apple Bloom. This was not her strong suit, grant it Apple Bloom never cried either so there was a first time for everything. She looked to the window hopping Sweetie Belle would be back soon. That filly would be better at comforting sad ponies then Scootaloo could ever imagine being. She was more like Rainbow Dash then Applejack. But wasn’t it Rainbow Dash that was comforting her marefriend lately? At least in her own way. She held back a sigh, not wanting to appear board or fed-up with Apple Bloom, which she wasn’t. Still though, she had no idea what to do. Whenever Sweetie cried Scootaloo knew exactly what to do, a wing across her flank, feather mark her, and a light kiss on the horn and she would melt. She knew her mare. But she didn’t know what to do with Apple Bloom, the techniques used on Sweetie were out of the question, being far to intimate for use on friends, leaving no tools in Scootaloo’s tool box. On the bright side she was getting out of that fancy dinner that Sweetie Belle had tricked her into agreeing to.

Finally Scootaloo could see her fillyfriend coming down the path. She looked to AB and told her the news. Apple Bloom remained unchanged. Scootaloo watched her quietly. Was this what heart break was supposed to do? Is it really this hard? Was it really something that could break the strongest pony?

It broke Applejack, Scootaloo thought glumly. Slowly Scootaloo felt the icy tendrils of fear start to worm their way into her heart. Had she set herself up for a sole crushing fall when Sweetie finally grew tired of her lacking in romance and sensibleness? Maybe she shouldn’t be so glade about getting out of that dinner after all. A sniffle from Apple Bloom made her push the thoughts to the back of her head.

“What’s wrong with me Scoots? Ah ain’t no pathetic weak filly. Why does it hurt so much? Spike’s just a hopeless love sick dragon, no better than t’em ones t’at are greedy. Ah would be better off without him wouldn’t ah?”

Scootaloo shrugged, “I don’t think you can pick who you love. I mean I never thought I be dating Sweetie.”

“Oh. I never thought it would be another way,” Sweetie said behind Scootaloo, fake sorrow in her voice.

“Still love you though,” Scootaloo hastily added.

“Ah,” Sweetie said affectionately nuzzling Scootaloo’s neck, “I love you too Scoots.”

“Oh Celestia, gag me,” Apple Bloom mumbled.

“We have a problem,” Sweetie Belle whispered, “My sister’s just behind me.”

Before Scootaloo could respond Rarity walked in, “Apple Bloom darling are you all right.”

The look that Apple Bloom gave Rarity sent shivers through Scootaloo, “What do you want Rarity?” Apple Bloom asked, her voice cold as ice.

“Girls can I have a moment with Apple Bloom?” Rarity asked. Scootaloo looked to Apple Bloom for her approval of being left with Rarity.

“Y’all best go. I don’t want y’ah hearing nothing am going to be regretting,” Apple Bloom replied rolling her eyes. Sweetie Bell and Scootaloo quickly made their retreat to under an apple not far from the club house. Scootaloo watched Sweetie carefully.

Why is she with me? Scootaloo asked herself, I’m not good fillyfriend, I’m probably a worst lover I’d be too concerned with myself, and I’m not the most attractive. That’s not even considering all the times I’ve done stupid things that makes her worry about me...

“Something on your mind Scoots?” Sweetie asked, resting her head on Scootaloo’s withers. Scootaloo intertwined their tails.

“Never leave me?” she asked, her head downcast.

“Why would I leave you?” Sweetie answer not missing a beat. The fact that she didn’t answer the question didn’t escape Scootaloo.

“You’re so perfect and I’m just…me….Please Sweetie. Promise me no matter what that you’ll be mine,” Scootaloo pushed, “If something like what Apple Bloom or Applejack are going through happened to me I wouldn’t be strong enough to make it.” Way to make yourself sound selfish Scootaloo

“Scoots,” Sweetie said softly, “I won’t make a promise I might not be able to keep. We’re young, we could grow apart. You could get hurt and become brain dead, or I could finally push you too hard and you’ll get fed-up with the whole romantic thing. There’s too much that could change,” Sweetie explained. Scootaloo’s slammed her face into the dirt groaning. Yep, she was doomed, “That doesn’t mean I’m not going to try though Scoots.”

Scootaloo sighed, “Then I guess I better make every moment with you count.” Scootaloo quickly kissed Sweetie Belle, her tung forcing its way into the other fillies mouth.

They broke apart just as a shriek of terror, or at least Rarity’s version of terror, came from the club house. “How dare you accuse me of that?”

Sweetie sighed, “This isn’t going to end well for Rarity.”

“Then explain to me how he got d’a picture!” Apple Bloom shouted back. There was dead silence from Rarity.

Scootaloo looked to Sweetie who was shaking her head, “Where did he–?”

Scootaloo was cut off by mumbling following Apple Bloom’s angry accusation, “I bet Twilight even uses it,” the angry earth pony exclaimed.

Sweetie’s eyes widen, “Oh this isn’t good,” she said standing up and rushing to the tree house, followed closely by Scootaloo.

Twilight? She asked herself, Why would she… oh but she’s an alicron isn’t she supposed to be like…I wonder if they swing both ways since their all there races… does she have a…Scootaloo stopped her train of thought before it could go any farther.

“What are you talking about?” Rarity asked as they entered the club house.

“Oh. Is the romantic expert missing what’s in front of her face?” Apple Bloom shouted.

“Apple Bloom calm down,” Sweetie urged.

“What in tarnation is all this yelling about?” Applejack called form below.

“Now look y’all got Applejack worked up,” Apple Bloom huffed.

“More than Applejack,” a rainbow haired pegasus said poking her head in the window. “What’s this about a picture?” Rainbow asked.

“Dashie you’ve got the tac of nail,” Applejack lamented.

“Perhaps–” Rarity began only to get cut off by Apple Boom.

“Get off m’ah farm now!” she shrieked.

Rarity looked like she was going to protest but a look from Applejack stopped her. She resigned and left, “All of you!” Apple Bloom ordered. Scootaloo and Sweetie Bell looked to each other before following Rarity out of the club house. Once on the ground Rainbow Dash landed next to Scootaloo.

The organ filly sighed and grumbled under her breath, “Man I suck at comforting ponies.”


Rainbow dashed flipped the plate onto her back and rolled it down her wing into its place. Dinner had been a little awkward. The food was great, as per usual, but the tension in the air was so thick that you could have cut it with a knife. She and Applejack had held back on their usual nuzzling and other gushy things that weren’t really cool, but they also weren’t usually able to help themselves from doing, for Apple Bloom’s sake but the filly still hadn’t said a word all night. Additionally she disappeared to her room as soon as dinner finished, despite it being her night to do the dishes. After a look from Applejack Dash quickly offered to fill in not wanting Granny to go and disturbed Apple Bloom, or wanting to face the wrath of her marefriend. Dash flipped the last plate in place, smiled with pride and turned to see a bemused Granny Smith looking at her.

“Even got t’a try and make dishes interesting?” she asked.

“Please. I’m Rainbow Dash. Everything I do is pure awesome,” Dash replied, flashing her signature cocky grin.

Granny chuckled lightly, “Ain’t never seen a pony with a bigger head. Y’all are staying the night?”

Dash’s eyes went wide. Was she saying she could sleep with Applejack again? As much as she would have loved that she figured the old mare was probably just offering the spare bedroom.

“Nah. No offense but the guest bed is a little lumpy.”

Granny shook her head, “Course it is fool. It was m’ah bed when ah was a filly. But that wasn’t the room ah was offering,”

It took Dash a minute to process the statement, “You mean…”

“Ah I mean you can stay with Applejack. You got wax in yer ears? You’ve been doing plenty around the farm to earn a stay and ah ain’t seen her happier then today after she woke up with yah. Y’all looked pretty darn cute curled up on the bed this morning,” Granny explained.

Dash resisted the urge to do a hoof pump and call out “Yes!”, “Thank you Granny. I glade your cool with it.”

“That don’t mean I give you permission to do anything but sleep y’ah hear me?” Granny stated firmly. Dash nodded, “That’s what the barns for.” Granny said laughing to herself as she walked out of the room. Dash’s mind reeled with the conversation as a blush speared across her face.

That’s what the barns for? Never done it in a barn before, she thought to herself. Then one thought surfaced above all her dirty ones. She got to snuggle with AJ all night again.

“Man love makes you uncool,” Dash muttered to herself not really caring too much about the level of coolness. In her opinion cuddling with Applejack was cooler then the Wonderbolts, but only if it was with Applejack, and only if it was her and Applejack. No other pony in the picture.

Rainbow Dash shook her head again and bolted up the stairs to tell Applejack the good news. She was almost at the orange mare’s door when a voice stopped her.

“Rainbow Dash?”