• Published 17th Feb 2016
  • 1,700 Views, 32 Comments

Bonding Marks - booksmart



After a hard year Applejack struggles to recover while loves blooms amung the Main Six.

  • ...
13
 32
 1,700

Titles

Twilight lay on her bed sobbing. How could she do that to Spike, sure his action were inexcusable but she still shouldn’t have kicked him out of the castle and publically humiliated him. There were many reasoning supporting her decision of course. Spike had betrayed her trust by tying her to her own bed while she took a nap and putting a magic inhibitor on her horn. He had also technically violated Equestrian Law, along with humiliating her. There was one fact that overshadowed all the reasoning, though, Twilight had betrayed Spike by falling for Rarity. She rolled herself off the bed, falling with a thud onto the floor. She didn’t flinch. She didn’t deserve the comfort of a bed.

Pull yourself together Twilight she told herself, You aren’t going to fix anything by locking yourself in your room. With a heavy heart, Twilight levitated a quill and parchment over to her. She needed a plan, a plan could make this right.

Twilight worked on the plan for a good hour with little to no success before a knock came at her door. She straightened her mane and put on her best royal smile. Suddenly thankful for the training Celestia had given her on appearances. She was at the door in a matter of seconds and gracefully opened only to see the last pony she expected on her doorstep.

“Rarity?” Twilight asked her royal façade slipping.

“May I come in Twilight?” Rarity asked. Twilight silently stepped aside. Her mind reeling with a possible reason for Rarity’s presence. All of which were not pleasant. She quickly filed the ones pertaining to murder away as she followed Rarity to her study.

“Twilight dear I must admit I was rather surprised by you earlier today.”

Twilight’s ears fell, “Yah…I’m sorry about that. I wasn’t thinking clearly.”

Rarity gave a soft delicate laugh, “Dear your assistant had just bound you to your bed. I believe we can allow a little irrational thought after such events don’t you?”

Twilight’s head shot up, “You’re not mad?”

“Why I would be mad?” Rarity asked.

“I made a fool of myself in front of your business establishment. It can’t be good for business,” Twilight mumbled.

Rarity gave a sympathetic glance to Twilight, “Darling the well-being of my friends is far more important. I will, however, remind myself never to anger you.”

Friends… Twilight thought. She sighed, she gave her word to Spike that she would not go for Rarity. It meant a lot though that she was still considered a friend. She wasn’t sure what she would do to herself if she did something to jeopardize their friendship.

“Tell me Twilight,” Rarity began thoughtfully, “How long have you have a crush on me?”

Twilight literally fell over from shock, She knows! How does she know?

You just slammed Spike into a wall over her, Her mind reminded her.

Shut it.

“Twilight darling. I would like an answer before Luna’s moon appears.” Rarity pushed.

“I don’t know…” Twilight trailed off as she got a disapproving glare from Rarity, “I’ve been certain for two months three days, seven hours six minutes and…” Twilight glanced at the clock on the wall “forty-five seconds approximately.”

Rarity’s jaw fell, “I wasn’t expecting…”

“Please, Rarity don’t hate me. I’m sorry, I know you’re not interested. I wasn’t even going to act on it. I promised Spike that I–“ Twilight was interrupted by Rarity’s warm lips on her own. She melted into the kiss trying to prolong it as long as possible. Here wings shot out as blood rushed to her cheeks. She felt her mind clouding as the kiss surpassed every expectation she had built it up to. Rarity still had the slight taste of a light vinaigrette on her lips from what must have been her lunch. Twilight memorized every detail of her first kiss.
All too soon it ended and they were left staring into each other’s eyes, “Rarity…?” Twilight sighed wistfully.

“I’m willing to try if you are darling,” Rarity responded.

“What about your perfect life, the dashing stallion! The Prince! What about your family…what about Spike?” Twilight argued.

“Spike asked me on a date earlier before you arrived. I turned him down. As for the dream. I have always wanted a Prince but I could settle for a Princess,” Rarity gave a wink. Twilight went stiff.

“A princess…” she said quietly looking at her wings. Run with it! The love drove part of her mind encouraged.

She only wants you for your title, the other part argued.

But what if that was just her playing a joke? Rarity would never be so shallow.

And if it isn’t?

You promised Spike. It doesn’t matter if she shot him down.

But…

No buts. You know what you have to do.

“Rarity I…” Twilight searched for words, “I can’t be in a relationship with someone who only wants my title.”

Rarity’s eyes widened, “Twilight I didn’t–”

Twilight fought back tears as she shoved her only chance out the door, “I think you should go.”

Rarity said nothing and left quietly. As soon as the door closed Twilight broke down sobbing once again.


“DAD!” Rainbow Dash shouted as she propelled herself upwards off of Applejack. Unfortunately, for her, she neglected to take the roof into account. She landed with a thud next to Applejack.

“Ow, stupid ceiling,” she muttered herself as Granny snickered.

“Rainbow Dash what is the meaning of this?” Dash’s father asked.

“Uhm…” Rainbow Dash scrambled for an excuse. She had just been caught by her father kissing her marefriend when as far as the stallion was concerned she was straight. She looked to her father, then to Applejack. She wasn’t sure what it was but she still valued his opinion of her. Maybe it was just her way of showing him up or trying to maintain the attention she only gained after joining the Wonderbolts but she certainly didn’t want to give them any reason to be disappointed in her again. And if what her father had said when she was little was still his opinion her saw fillyfoolers as abominations against Celestia herself.

“Consarnit you featherbrained pegasus,” Granny muttered. Dash looked at her with wide eyes.

Oh, Buck if Granny tells him…

“How many time do I gotta tell ya that when yer doing yer fancy flying t’a do by the west field? Now you gone and crash in’t mah grandbaby,” Granny said.

“Flying! Yah I crashed. I misjudge my height for this totally awesome stunt I’m working on,” Dash forced a strained smile onto her muzzle, “Sorry about that AJ.” Applejack simply nodded her forgiveness. Evidently not trusting herself to talk. Thanks for the help Element of Honesty.

Her father chuckled and shook his head, “From the number of times you crash I’m surprised you can still fly.”

Dash shot straight up, “Hey! I would have made if the house didn’t get in the way!” Thank Celestia he bought that.

Granny motion to Applejack, “Common li’ll missy. We got food t’a make.” With that, the two mares left. Rainbow Dash mouthed a silent thank you to Granny as she forced herself not to watch AJ as she walked away like she usually did. The last thing she needed was trying to explain to her father why she was staring at another mare’s flank.

“So dad...what’s new?” Despite her feelings towards her parents, she had learned a long time ago that hiding any aggression she had for them was her best course of action. Don’t give him the satisfaction of getting you worked up, her grandmother had once told her.

“Oh, you know the usual. Work, come home, eat…have a little fun with your mother and repeat,” Blaze responded.

Dash reeled backward, “Yikes dad! I didn’t need to know that.”

Blaze just laughed, “You’re too easy Rainbow Dash. Anyway. Your mother and I wanted to discuss something with you. We were wondering if you would join us for dinner tonight.”

Dash held back the sigh that threatened to escape her lips. Applejack was going to preen her wings tonight. Not that she wanted to look pretty or anything girly like that, but for a reason she would never tell Applejack. If done correctly, preening could be extremely arousing, it could be one step away from sex in some respects and AJ definitely knew what she was doing.

Dash eyed her father. There was really no way out of this. If she said she had plans he would want to know what the plans were and saying what her plans were was not something that she was willing to do. She finally let the sigh escape her lips, “Sure.”

“Great meet us in the park at five.” With that Rainbow Blaze took off. Rainbow Dash shook her head and walked inside. If she was going to lose snuggle time she would just make it up now. When she walked into the kitchen she found a cackling Granny and Applejack blushing something fierce.

“What I miss?” Dash asked.

Granny cackling only intensified, “Applejack was explaining–”

“Nothing! I ain’t done nothing!”