• Published 13th Feb 2016
  • 3,727 Views, 78 Comments

A Competition in Mortality - forestpip



Celestia and Luna have both fallen for Twilight Sparkle. So naturally the only way to fight for her love is to make themselves normal! At least, as normal as two princesses can be.

  • ...
9
 78
 3,727

Becoming Mortal

“Before we do this, do you have a plan?” Cadence asked.

“Of course we have a plan.” Luna replied, eyes once again darting about the room.

“You don’t have a plan?” Cadence asked, with no surprise whatsoever.
“I’m surprised I got Luna onto the train. She insists that they’re the spawn of Santa.” Celestia replied, slightly giggling.

“Do you mean Satan?” Cadence questioned, stifling a laugh.

“No, I mean Santa.” Celestia answered, a large grin on her face.

“The stallion watches you all year long, judging your actions, then enters your house without permission and leaves something based on that judgement. He’s a stalker and a criminal!” Luna insisted.

Celestia and Cadence fell out of their seats laughing. They were smiling so hard that their cheeks hurt, and they laughed so hard they forgot to breathe.

“Can we move on to plan making?” Luna complained, her cheeks tinted with a slight blush.

“Yes, yes of course.” Cadence replied, wiping a tear from her eye. She and Celestia dusted themselves off and sat back in their chairs to plan.

The two sisters were to stay at a house on the edge of town close to Twilight’s castle. The royal treasury would pay for the first month’s rent, but after that, they would have to get jobs. It would be announced to the public that Celestia and Luna were going undercover to better understand their subjects and that Cadence would handle things until they returned.

Cadence stood between Celestia and Luna for the magic transfer. A large ball of golden and blue magic swirled above them before being sucked into Cadence.

With a flourish of magic, Cadence transformed Celestia and luna into pegasi, releasing enough magic to let them fly.

Celestia was given a meadow green coat with a wavy emerald mane and tail, Her cutie mark was a sunflower. Luna was given a light orange coat with a caramel fluffy brown mane and tail. /her cutie mark was two autumn leaves blowing in the wind.

“Luna, your new name is Autumn Breeze. Celestia, you now go by Flower Vine. Any questions?” Cadence asked, her horn zapping with magic.

“Yes, what do these cutie marks mean?” Autumn asked, staring at her new flank. At least the remnants of Nightmare Moon are gone. She thought, skeptical about this new life.

“Figure it out. You’re normal now and normal ponies have to hurry for the next train. It’s not going to wait for you!” Cadence exclaimed, lifting them with her magic. She magically opened the nearest window and shot them out of it.
Flower and Autumn rocketed toward the ground, both desperately trying to teleport.

“We have to fly!” Flower screamed over the rushing wind.

Both pegasi spread their wings and gave a powerful flap of their wings, which shot them promptly upward.

“It doesn’t take as much effort to fly.” Autumn observed, looking down at the ground.

From far away they heard the sound of a train whistle. They dashed for the train station and landed on the station’s deck with a loud plonk.

“You bought return tickets right?” Flower asked, catching her breath.

“I thought you were handling that.” Autumn replied, hunched over.

“Well, this is just wonderful!” Flower cried, watching the train arrive. An attendee opened the cargo car and began to load large crates.

“Wait, I have an idea!” Autumn exclaimed, sneaking over to the crates.

“No! We are not sneaking onto that train. It’s illegal!” Flower whisper yelled.

“No it isn’t.” Autumn argued.

“Yes, it is! I wrote that law!” Flower responded, glowering at her sister.

“We’ll be fine, I do this all the time.” Autumn assured, hiding behind some crates in the car. “Come on, there’s a big one here we can fit in.”

“Lu-” Flower sighed “-Autumn, you can’t just break the law because you’re a princess.”

“I don’t, now get in!” Autumn replied, climbing into a long crate.

“You just said you do this all the time!” Flower scolded, wiggling into the crate after her.

“Yeah, in my video games!” Autumn defended in a hushed tone.

“Come on stupid, the train is supposed to leave in 5 minutes! Hurry up with those!” An unknown mare yelled.

“Yes ma’am.” A stallion answered, quite clearly sad.

“She’s not allowed to say that to him. Judging by his tone of voice, she’s been doing that for a while. Remind me when we get to Canterlot to find out who that is.” Flower said, as the train's conductor gave the final call to board.

“You need to clear your mind of politics. Have some fun.” Autumn said, carefully avoiding the contents of the box. The train lurched forward.

“What’s in here? Flower asked, moving the hay around. “There’s a note. ‘Dear Lyra Heartstrings, if Bonbon destroys this, you won’t get a refund.’”

“It’s a leg! No, wait, it’s a lamp? It’s a leg-lamp?” Autumn asked confused.

“Put that back. Please wake me up when we get there.” Flower asked, dozing off into a peaceful nap.