• Published 14th Feb 2016
  • 1,993 Views, 89 Comments

The New Stallion - The_11th_doctor

  • ...
19
 89
 1,993

Chapter 1: The New Steed

It was a glorious afternoon. The birds were chirping, the sun was bright as ever. A high school building was just about to let out the crowds of young mares and stallions to go home...

******

...when a strange blue box flew through the sky above the school. What looked like a gray pegasus mare hung out the bottom of the opening, almost about to fall out, utterly forgetting for the moment she was a pegasus….

******

Finally the school bell rang and the doors opened. The young stallions and mares left in a big crowd, ending the school day and heading home.

In the crowd was a young white unicorn mare who had just recently hit her teen years. The mare had a mix of purple and light purple in her mane. Her name was Sweetie Belle. She was walking alone because her two friends had not gone to school today. Her friend Applebloom was busy at a family reunion and her friend Scootaloo was on a trip with Rainbow Dash.

Sweetie Belle was just trying to get home when she overheard some gossip from some nearby mares. Usually she wouldn’t try to eavesdrop on what the mares were saying, since that whole newspaper fiasco a few years back, but when she heard one mare mention her sister’s name, she got curious and listened in.

“So Rarity’s dating the new stallion in town.”

“Yeah, from what I’ve heard he’s related to royalty.”

“Really? Oh she always gets the finest stallions.”

“But wait, isn’t she dating that dragon?”

“No, that can’t be right. Didn’t you hear that it recently became illegal for a pony and a dragon to date? Besides, the stallion she is dating is much more handsome.”

“Who made it illegal?”

“Prince ‘Somby’ Blueblood.”

After those last few words, Sweetie Belle had heard enough. She ran to the Carousel Boutique to find out what was going on.

******

Sweetie Belle arrived at the Carousel Boutique, opened the door and walked inside.

Inside she could hear her sister in the kitchen humming the happiest of tunes. Sweetie Belle set down her stuff neatly as Rarity had always told her to, then she walked into the kitchen, smelling something delicious. Her eyes closed upon entering as she enjoyed the smell.

“Sweetie…. Belle…. what are… you doing…. here,” Rarity’s happy humming was instantly gone, replaced by a peculiar stutter. Sweetie Belle opened her eyes to see Rarity not cooking a meal, but instead setting the table for two.

She looked to see a stallion was making the meal. A meal for two. Or at least he was until he heard Rarity mention that Sweetie Belle was there.

He turned towards Sweetie Belle. She realized this had to be the stallion that the mares were talking about. She looked him over closely, also noticing the fact that both of them were now shaking. The stallion looked around Rarity’s preferred age range. He stood roughly around the same height as Thunderlane and appeared to be a batpony. His coat was purple, his mane a dark green, and his cutie mark was that of a writing quill.

“Sweetie Belle, what are you doing here,” Rarity repeated, finally getting herself to calm down.

“I was curious about the new stallion I heard you were dating, and I wanted to ask you about him,” Sweetie Belle as she tried to ignore the obvious uneasiness in the room.

“Well….. this is...” Rarity was talking awfully slow. “Sp…. Sp….”

“Spark,” said the stallion, as he interrupted Rarity.

“Spark?” Sweetie said with a raised eyebrow.

“Yes,” said Rarity, as she looked back at the stallion. He had a bit of a sarcastic ‘what?’ look. “Spark Speagle, he’s Blueblood’s cousin.”

“He is?” said Sweetie Belle.

"I am?" He questioned, before Rarity lightly kneed him in the gut. "I mean, I am Spark Speagle nice to meet you."

“All right you got your answers,” said Rarity, as she lifted Sweetie Belle up with her magic. She was clearly trying to get Sweetie Belle out of there so she could enjoy their meal for two. “Now here is your stuff, deary,” she levitated her out the door, giving her her stuff. “Why don’t you go visit with your friends?”

Before Sweetie Belle could answer her, the door to the Boutique closed and Sweetie Belle was all alone. “Well I guess I will see how Spike is taking this turn of events.”

******

Sweetie Belle arrived at the Castle of Friendship. She walked up the crystal stairway and knocked on the double doors. A moment passed and the doors opened.

Standing behind door was a pink unicorn mare with a purple and blue mane. “Oh hey Sweetie Belle what brings you here?” said Starlight Glimmer. Starlight had lived there a more than a year now, ever since she had turned good.

“I’m looking for Spike,” said Sweetie Belle.

Suddenly another voice could be heard from within the castle. “Starlight who is it?”

“Oh is just Sweetie Belle, Twilight. She’s asking where Spike is at,” Starlight answered.

“He’s at the bar,” Twilight yelled back from inside the castle.

“I thought he didn’t drink,” said Starlight.

“He has since that crazy law was passed,” Twilight yelled back in reply.

“Okay,” said Starlight. She turned back to Sweetie Belle. “I’m sorry Sweetie Belle, it seems that Spike isn’t here.”

“That’s okay, I’ll ask you,” Sweetie Belle replied.

“What did you want to ask, dear?”

“Did you know Rarity is dating the new stallion in town?”

“Sure. That batpony? Yeah he’s a fine stallion. And so mysterious right? I wouldn’t mind dating him,” said Starlight with a smirk. “But Rarity claimed him rather quickly.”

“Really?” said Sweetie Belle with a raised eyebrow. She thought it was strange. Ever since Tenderhoof, Rarity had been taking things a bit slower. And not just randomly try to claim one, like she did back then...

“Yeah, I hear he moved to Ponyville around the same time that stupid law was passed,” said Starlight. “He hasn’t been seen much except for around Rarity, I heard that Spike met him a few times, but that’s about it.”

“And what did Spike think?”

“Actually from what I heard, Spike got along pretty well with him.”

“Really?” said Sweetie Belle, slightly confused.

“I even heard that Spike actually has no problem with Rarity dating the new stallion,” said Starlight.

This only sent more confusion around in Sweetie Belle’s head. Spike has no problem at all with Rarity dating the new stallion in town? Sweetie Belle could feel something was wrong here. None of this sounded right. Spike not caring who Rarity was dating? He would have definitely had at least some worry for his long-time crush! And Rarity was acting very strange when she had found her. Something was definitely wrong.

******

After talking to Starlight, Sweetie Belle left the Castle of Friendship, and headed for the clubhouse. She had to get some answers about this mysterious new stallion.

Once there, Sweetie Belle noticed a note on the door. It read,

“Sorry Sweetie Belle. We couldn’t make it to the clubhouse either. We got busy too, but we got you some help. He’ll be there shortly.

Your Friend,

Diamond Tiara

“Help? What help?” Suddenly Sweetie Belle heard hoofsteps heading toward her. She turned to see a young brown earth pony stallion around her age. The young stallion had a mix of orange colors in his mane and a video game controller’s directional pad for a cutie mark.

“Oh great...Button Mash!” said Sweetie Belle with a less than an enthusiastic voice. She tried her best to hide the obvious problem with this and with Hearts n Hooves just a few days away. Overall this was not going to end well.

******

Author's Note:

So have any of you figure going on. If so then, DON'T SPOIL IT. If you feel like commenting on something with spoilers in it. PLEASE USE THE SPOILER BUTTON. Or you'll complete ruin somepony else read. There a lot mystery going on in Ponyville. Some you may have spotted other you may have not.

This goes for every chapter. Any comments that will ruin things for new readers I will delete.