• Published 1st Feb 2016
  • 252 Views, 0 Comments

By the Moonlight - shysage



By the moonlight, oh my goodness! Various volumes of the Chronicles include glimpses about how true friendship worked in our intimate times. We have tried to pull some together here.

  • ...
 0
 252

Chapter 2, Fury Run (Vol. 4)

(I gotta start with a quick note. I hope everypony realizes that these amazing chapters are not really intended to stand completely on their own. We have tried to include some 'context' (Shysage's word) for each event, along with more explanation. But you really need to read the original story, and follow the links back here from that specific part of the story, in order to truly grasp what is going on. I hope that's ok.)

Honestly, it hurts to even think about this volume (4). It was an accident, I know, but still... The most important thing to me in all Equestria... That pony that I cherish above all others... I nearly killed him with my Phantom Alicorn magic... The tears of devotion from our precious friends... He lived at least, but his memory was gone... He was here, right next to me, but he was gone... My stallion means a lot of things to me, but... I had him, but everything that I treasured was... just... gone... It was excruciating...

The opening chapters... Well they only dimly portray the pain Shysage and I were working through. And, on top of that, my intimate desires had come back, and... We needed each other desperately, but both our bodies responded so quickly to just being next to each other... It was like two years of holding back, then... Well it was very hard...

And that 'Hellriders' tune(1) fit so well, with the turmoil we faced... It works for the Fury Boil popping too, but Shysage and I were already tied up in knots by the time that happened. This tune started quietly after we came back, then grew louder until Shysage's almost dead body slumped down against my tree... Then it was totally quiet... If you have never heard that tune... Slapping Furies to death with that blaring... I don't know...

(opt:btm4a)

(Shysage is so amazing... I don't ever know what I would do without him. As he wrote this, he made it sound so simple. But, my Shysage... In the Past, Shysage helped me survive a collapsing world... His brief words, so understated...)

I had helped her feel maybe a "little amazing" a couple times, although this was very scary. Each time I started, I never really knew if we would be able to stop. Still, I love her so... I tried everything I could to ease her pain...

(opt:btm4b)

(This process is hard... We actually had to re-write parts of this section to leave in Fury Run... We didn't want to leave a big hole there, and this factor was a very real part... So, the original text is included here, with a few additions...)

But now it was usually just a matter of time before we both wanted more of each other, as much as possible... Maybe we needed... That was hard too. And again, if that was the only thing we faced, we would find a way. It was just so hard to think through with everything else we had to deal with...

We were in our room for the night. Summer was up against my chest and neck. Everything else was far apart. We do that a lot; it is just very comforting for my Mare, and for me too. We thought this was safe; we had never had problems before... I just hugged her... We cried together a long time, then fell asleep.

We woke up early in the morning, and it was like both our bodies were... ...well they weren't helping... We didn't move, couldn't move, and just cried together a while. Maybe we hoped our bodies would calm down, I don't know. That didn't happen.

After maybe half an hour of this, I got up, then sat on the floor, then asked my Mare to sit facing me. I hugged her tightly, then we rubbed noses briefly. This was scary too, with us both like this...

Still, I told my Mare that I would NOT put her through this much longer, given everything else we had to face right now. If we couldn't work something out, I was NOT going to push her away. I would just give her everything I knew she deserved, and we would let everything work itself out from there, one way or another.

I told Summer she was my life, no matter what. (She still is.) I would do everything I could to take care of her, regardless of what that required. And if that was a foal, we would welcome a foal with the same devotion we shared between each other. I already knew she was an amazing mom...

(opt:btm4c)

([sigh...] I love my Stallion...)

I took a big chance... ..because I love my Mare... I asked Summer, if I could help her feel just a little bit of paradise again, and she started crying, and said "Oh Shysage, please..." I think she needed it, I don't know.

I helped her feel a little amazing for a little while; that part was easy. I also managed to stop; that part was hard, for both of us... Afterwards, she climbed up under my front legs like we usually do, and I hugged her tight, and we just cried together some more...

We were both tired, and soon fell asleep again.

(opt:btm4d)

(What more can I say...)

I myself had tried a lot of things too. Some things I would never mention. I just wanted Shysage back so bad... Well nothing that would result in a foal though. I was saving that for him... And if he couldn't...

(Months later, after we were doing better, Shysage asked if I minded telling him more details about this, and I told him. Some of those things, we did again together that night; I knew Shysage would really enjoy some; he did. But I guess we were owning another piece of that terrible time. It really helped. Well, that, and we NEVER keep things from each other. I love Shysage so much...)

(opt:btm4e)

(This section serves really as an introduction to this most amazing, first 'By the Moonlight' chapter. Not much more needs to be added. You will note from this chappter (10) that Shysage and I switched back and forth a lot as we wrote this. It was amazing that way. Shysage was writing at the start.)

This chapter will make more sense if I explain something first.

Since I met Summer, I struggled increasingly to reconcile her needs and 'past obligations'. Especially after I lost my memory for over two months, and the nightmare that was for Summer, I realized that this whole thing was just plain unfair -- to Summer.

After we got back from 'Equestria Past', I heard Princess Celestia mention, that, according to Equestrian law, based on my proposal in 'Equestria Past', Summer and I were married, Summer was my Mare. Whether correct or not, I decided during these last few days, that, when I was in Equestria, I would hold myself to Equestrian law. That made Summer my Mare. I would gladly embrace that. It wasn't hard.

This particular night would be a surprise for Summer, hopefully the first of more. I had no other agenda other than giving her what I knew she deserved, feeling like the Princess she was (is). That was the only end-point I pursued.

I had done this once, up on the cloud-bank that would become Cloudsdale, one very difficult afternoon, far in the Past. I would do it again tonite. There was nothing in this for me, and couldn't be, but that didn't matter to me at all. This was all about her.

I can only apologize for the intensely suggestive nature of some of this chapter, but that was my overall goal, after all. I have tried to avoid graphic details. And we have freely retained other amazing events that took place that night.

Still, I find this chapter a fitting tribute to my amazing Mare. I love her so much. And this chapter came out amazing too...

(opt:btm4f)

(Well, ok, I don't know how intensely suggestive this chapter was, until we ended up at the lake, and I... Well, ok. maybe... But what happened next was not just the result of the last, maybe six hours. Kneeling while facing each other was a deeply humbling and moving thing to do. We were showing the submission of our wants for that of each other, practical true friendship. Shysage and I had found other ways to express the same thing. Chasing each other around town with our wings out really WAS pegasus fun! Well, rubbing noses, licking noses, that had powerful special significance to Shysage and I. It was how we had coped in the past I think. And, with his wings out and tilted towards me... Oh, my goodness...

But when I ran, spashed around the lake, I knew... I found out in the Past that my pony body is very attractive to my pony Stallion when I am wet. Running around the lake, I was careful to get soaked! And I was very careful to roll over very SLOWLY, and only after I knew Shysage was right there. I was giving my Stallion what he had clearly earned, and supremely cherished... Of course, he gave back too... Ok, so Shysage is writing at this point.)

On the far side of the lake...

My precious Mare...

Still, soaked, and looking... ...amazing... Summer walked up a few steps away from the edge of the lake...

...and fell to the ground quickly, then rolled over slowly onto her back...

...and looked at me with her beautiful blue eyes...

I just sighed lovingly... This was my plan... How could I not...

I need to close the door on this bedroom scene...

Sparing graphic detail, this is basically what happened.

I carefully gave her what I had given her that difficult afternoon on the cloud-bank in 'Equestria past'; I again helped her feel like the Princess I know she is...

And she let me 'bail out' as soon as she was relaxed... We had already decided that a foal had to be carefully planned for... And we felt this was pretty safe, because it would have taken me a while anyway.

My Mare surprised me though... She knew a thing or two about pony physiology, and... well... Let's just say she returned the favor... And I wasn't about to stop her. I was her Stallion after all...

(Yes, I originally took over here, and this is still important!)

Hi, it's Summer again.

Shysage didn't want me to add this, but I just need to.

I really felt bad when he gave so completely to me in 'Equestria past' up on the clouds, and I was not able to give him anything in return that afternoon. I am convinced he loved me none the less on that day, and if I hadn't given back this amazing night either, I am sure he would have loved me just as much...

But still, that was so completely Shysage... He rarely ever thought about himself first, that was just the way he was. I can honestly not recall a time when he... There just was not a selfish bone in his body... And I would know; we were around each other constantly for the last two years or more...

Maybe he was right, and he actually had done something terrible to his family... It would have been an accident if it happened, I'm sure of that.

But, while I knew him, all I ever saw was Shysage putting others first... Shysage served the people around him, me and everypony else, even if he got hurt in the process...

I was so glad for what I could give to Shysage that amazing night.

I love my Stallion...



Author's Note:

(1) The song is 'Hellriders' from the Final Fantasy XI 'Treasures of Aht Urgan' expansion original soundtrack (played during Einherjar fights) and all this is copyright Square Enix.