• Published 17th Jan 2016
  • 921 Views, 24 Comments

The Unknown Cutie Mark - hyderpony



Gallop Crush is in seach of her Cutie Mark and she hoping if the Cutie Mark Crusaders can help her.

  • ...
6
 24
 921

8 The Nightmare Moon Tale

It was raining hard and Gallop Crush was on the ground. Will it EVER stop raining?! She was getting socked and the wind was so strong. She then was in pain for a bit because she knocked into somepony.

"Ow !" Somepony said. "Wait are you okay and why are you in such a rush?"

She picked herself up and looked who she bumped into. It was a pegasus, like her but this pegasus was a colt. He had a brown body with teal green eyes. His mane and tail was dark blue and blood red.

"Oh I'm fine and I'm so sorry, um I was trying to get somewhere...." Gallop said as she looked up embarrassed.

“Why were you not watching where you were going?" He asked.

“I'm really sorry about that. She said. “I didn't want to get wet and as the ground was muddy and um.. I tripped.”

“Oh that's okay little one, it's been raining for 3 days now and it's been muddy too”. He said.

"Wait, Somepony called me little one before. I'm sure of it!” Gallop said trying to remember.

"Oh. Okay. Umm .. You should be getting home and not be out in this rain storm.” He advised and then got puzzled.

"I know, But I'm on a mission and I can't go home just yet," She said.

"Prey tell, why not?" He said sounding like a pony she met driving a blue Police box.

“What ?!” Gallop asked as if her mind was playing tricks on her. (Which seems like it was)

“I said: “Why not?”


Gallop tried to think what to say to this colt. But couldn't think of an excuse. She didn't want to say too much about her mission, But she needed all the help from anypony. Do you think she should trust this colt?

"Sorry. Um it's kind of a secret.” She answered.

“Why?” He said suspiciously.

“Um I don't really want say to much, But do you know where Apple Bloom is?” She said looking hopeful.

“You're looking for Apple Boom huh? Well she lives at Sweet Apple Acres.” He replied to Gallop.

“Oh where's that?” She said Looking happy after this new lead.

“It's about 10 minutes down this path. You can't miss it.” He said.

“Oh thanks so much !” She said with glee and excitement.


Before she could leave however, the mysterious pegasus asked her:

"Where do you live?"

"I'm staying at Sugarcube Corner." She said.

"Why do you live at Sugarcube Corner? Don't you have a house of your own?"

"Oh. I'm not from around here. I'm just on a holiday for 2 weeks." She said.

"So. I hear you've met one of the Elements of Harmony. Do you get to have free deserts? How are the twins?"

"What are the Elements of Harmony?" She asked.

"WHAAAAT ?!" The pegasus exclaimed. "You don't know about the Elements of Harmony ?!"

Gallop Crash stepped back a bit and looked down.

"I haven't started school yet." She said quietly.

"Oh. Well, my mother told me about them. They were used to defeat Nightmare Moon." The colt explained.

"Nightmare Moon? You mean, Princess Luna?" She said.

"Well yes, but this was before she was transformed back to Princess Luna.”

“Before?” What do you mean?” She said. Eager for the colt to continue the story.

“Okay. The story goes like this”:


“A long time ago, Princess Luna and Princess Celestia were both the rulers of Equestria, a land inhabited by ponies. Each morning, Celestia would raise the sun, and every evening, Luna would raise the moon. Together they kept the balance perfectly restored. Until one day, Princess Luna in time grew jealous. The ponies would be awake to enjoy the day and they would love, admire and appreciate Celestia's work but would always sleep through Luna's fair more beautiful night. That made Princess Luna turn on Celestia by saying “she should be the only princess in Equestria”. She then banged her front hooves to the ground and raised the moon before the bitterness of her heart manifested and transformed her into Nightmare Moon!”

“Princess Celestia did not want to fight Nightmare Moon and told her to lower the moon, but Nightmare Moon refused to do so and said her only royal duty was to destroy her sister Celestia. She began to shoot her older sister down with her magic beams, eventually knocking her down. Nightmare Moon was convinced that Celestia was destroyed. She took in the victorious moment until minutes later, seeing no other way, Celestia with tears in her eyes and almost crying she reluctantly used the Elements of Harmony to overpower Nightmare Moon and banish her to the moon. Creating the phenomenon known as "The Mare in the Moon" (a unicorn's face imprinted upon the surface of the moon) It is said that on the longest day of the thousandth year, Nightmare Moon will make her return and the stars would aid in her escape.”

“Twilight Sparkle realised Nightmare Moon was about to return. However her mentor, Princess Celestia encouraged her to make new friends instead of worrying about the supposed "old pony's tale" in her dusty old books. But it turned out that Twilight was right and Nightmare Moon was released during the Summer Sun Celebration, replacing Celestia who was supposed to attend it.”

“Fortunately, when Twilight heard her new pony friends calling for her, she felt a different spark in her heart. Making her realise that inside, the real Elements are not just some stones. They exist in the hearts of her friends! That then gave a spark. A spark to trigger the final element of harmony, Magic (also known, of course as Friendship) and reanimated the shattered Elements, converting them into jewels for the six friends to bear. Using the Elements of Harmony, Twilight activated a spell that struck Nightmare Moon, exposing the darkness from her and transforming her back into Princess Luna.”

"Princess Celestia arrived in the ruins where the battle took place. Confessing that she knew of Nightmare Moon's return, but knew the only way to defeat her was for Twilight to understand the importance of friendship. Celestia walked over to a weak and cowering blue alicorn. You see, what Twilight and her friends didn't know was Nightmare Moon was Celestia little sister Luna ! She told Luna that it was a thousand years since she last saw her and must put their differences a side and then offered Luna friendship. Princess Luna then apologized in tears for her actions, and was granted forgiveness. Later at the celebration (held by Pinkie Pie), even the other ponies forgave Luna, gifting her with a flower necklace.”


He told her and Gallop was simply amazed.

Gallop Crush stood there in amazement. “This colt must love history!” She thought. It felt like she was in a history lesson.

“Anything else you'd like to know?” He said.

“No I am good and thank you”. She said.

“Oh it was no problem at all”. He said.

Gallop Crush started to go up the path. It was getting late after all, but she thought to herself that she needed to find the CMCs fast!


After about 10 minutes she came towards an apple orchard and there were wooden fence around it. Gallop sees a billboard with the pictures of Apple Bloom, Sweetly Belle and Scootaloo, The Cutie Mark Crusaders !

“Calling all young ponies:"

Need help looking for your cuite Mark?

Have you tried everything, But nothing works?

Well the Cutie Mark Crusaders can help you.

If you are in need of help and guidance, call Toll Free 0800 CUTIEMARK (288 436 275)

Let us, help you !”


I must be getting close now !” she thought. She walked on and then she sees a sign saying “Welcome to Sweet Apple Acres” and a another sign on the gate saying “Sorry but we're closed for the day.”

“Noooooooooo!! Gallop Crush shouted “Why, why, why me?!” She started to cry. “I'm never going to find the Cutie Mark Crusaders now” She said crying.


She didn't realise that she was making was lots of noises and a young filly then overheard her. She came running fast out of the clubhouse to see what was going on. Then she sees a young pony crying and looking distraught. She then ran to the gate.

“Are you okay there? Do you need any help?” Asked Apple Bloom.


Gallop Crush looked around and then she froze. (Possibly jaw dropped)

There was Apple Bloom right in front of her ! And better yet, she was even talking to her ! She then didn't know what to do or say. Eventually she bravely says but was nervous asking:

“Um .. are you Apple Bloom?” She knew it was Apple Bloom, But she just needed to be certain it was actually Apple Bloom. Because who knows .. It could be a Changeling !

Author's Note:

To be continued...

Some of the text came from http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Nightmare_Moon and this content is available under CC-BY-SA.

Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0.


You are free to:

Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
for any purpose, even commercially.

The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.