• Published 5th Jun 2012
  • 1,423 Views, 37 Comments

My Adventures With Rainbow Dash - FireFlash13231



Fireflash and Rainbow Dash have flashbacks to how they met and grew up together.

  • ...
1
 37
 1,423

Chapter 3: How We Met

When Rainbow snapped out of her flashback, she saw the three of us watching her, our eyes full of care and worry.

"Are you all right?" I asked. "What's on your mind? Don't worry, you know that you can tell me anything.

"I was remembering when I lost my parents..."

"I just had a flashback to when I lost MY parents." I replied. "What do you think it means?"

"I don't know, but it's time for a trip down memory lane...we haven't been down that way in a long time. You remember how we met, don't you?" There was a smile on her face, but the tears in her eyes betrayed her thoughts as I too remembered the tragic conditions of our acquaintance...


Author's Note: This is FireFlash's POV again.

I flew on towards Ponyville, tears streaming from my eyes, as I was sure that I would never see either of my parents again.

Suddenly, barely audible over the wind rushing by my ears, I heard somepony sobbing. I pulled up short, and looked around. Following the source of the crying, I saw a small cyan pegasus filly. She had a rainbow mane and tail.

I flew over to her, and put my wing over her. "It'll be all right..." I whispered.

She looked up from two ponies who were evidently her parents. Her eyes were glistening with tears, and she tried to control her sobbing as she asked me "W-w-who are y-you?"

"I'm FireFlash. I'm lost and looking for Ponyville. Can you help me?"

"I w-w-would, b-but I just l-lost m-my p-p-parents, and...and..." She broke off and continued crying.

"I just lost my parents too, and I need to find somewhere to stay. Please help me."

She stopped crying momentarily, and she looked up at me, her purple eyes glistening.

"All r-right. I'll h-h-help y-you. P-ponyville is this w-way."

She took off at an incredible speed, trying to put as much distance between her and her dead parents.

I took off after her, but keeping up was a challenge, as my mind kept drifting. Those glowing purple eyes...that cyan coat...that flowing colorful mane...I had to admit, she was pretty cute...

"Fireflash? Hey! Fireflash! HEY!" I jumped as I snapped back to reality. The pegasus filly was waving her hoof in front of my face. "Snap out of it! We're here!"

We looked around, seeing the city around us. It was the first time that I'd been this far from home, let alone by myself. I turned back to the cyan pegasus.

"You never introduced yourself. What's your name? I already told you mine."

"I'm Rainbow Dash...my parents were Rainbow Shine and Clear Sky..."

"Just try not to think about it. Trust me, it works." I had already hardened my heart against losing my parents to the Shadowbolts, but this filly...she...softened it, in some way. I knew it would be interesting if I ended up growing up with her.

"So, where to first?" she asked. My stomach rumbled, deciding our first objective. Rainbow giggled, and I smiled. Her laugh was cute too. "All right then, let's go get some food." She said, a sparkle in her eye. I was glad that she had at least been able to find a bit of happiness in this tragic moment.

We trotted off side by side towards a store called Sugarcube Corner, and I hoped that they had good food.

As we opened the door, the bell above it tinkled, and the colt behind the counter turned around.

"Hey! I've never seen you two around here before! But that's not important. What do you two little ponies want?"

"I want a chocolate chip muffin please." I said. "I want a blueberry one!" Rainbow said.

That'll be four bits, you two." the colt said, handing us our muffins.

I started to speak, but Rainbow put her hoof over my mouth. "I can tell without you even speaking, if you tell it, you'll take forever!" she hissed in my ear.

She turned back to the colt. "Do you want his long version, or my short version?" she asked.

"I am kind of busy. What's your story?"

"My parents are dead, he has no idea where his are, thanks to the Shadowbolts, so we're broke orphans."

I had to admit, she had a way of fitting in all the details, and STILL got to the point in under ten seconds flat.

"Oh...I'm so sorry, I had no idea...you can have them for free. I'm really sorry for you two." he said, his voice full of empathy.

"It's all right..." Rainbow sighed. "Thanks for the muffins."

We trotted out the door, happily eating our delicious muffins, ready to start our new lives together in Ponyville.