• Published 5th Jun 2012
  • 1,425 Views, 37 Comments

My Adventures With Rainbow Dash - FireFlash13231



Fireflash and Rainbow Dash have flashbacks to how they met and grew up together.

  • ...
1
 37
 1,425

Chapter 1: FireFlashback

IMPORTANT NOTICE: In case you didn't read the prologue, this is a sequel to The Lost Wonderbolts, so read that first.



It was so long ago. So much time has passed since I lost my family...

It was the day that I had passed the final exams in flight school, and graduated at the top of my class. My parents, Midnight and Blaze, were there to pick me up and take me home to celebrate. It would have been the happiest day of my life, but instead it became the day that haunts me in nightmares to this day.

My parents had a secret...I never found out what it was, but it was enough for the Shadowbolts to have a reason to hunt them down. Later the same day, there was a knock at the door, and when my mother answered it, the Shadowbolt second in command was standing there.

"I was tipped off by a pegasus named Blitz that I could find Blaze here. He is wanted by the royal captain of the Shadowbolts for questioning." he said, his authority and intentions clear. He was not leaving without my dad.

He started to walk in, but my mother, Midnight, stopped him. She yelled over her shoulder. "Blaze! Grab Fireflash and RUN!"

The Shadowbold bucked her out of the way and she fell to the floor, unconcious. My father picked me up, threw me onto his back, and flew through the house, just in front of the Shadowbolt, and flew out a small window, thankfully not large enough for the Shadowbolt to fit through.

I cried for a long time, having thought that my mom, Midnight, was dead at that point. We flew for a very long time, and we were within two days' journey of our 'destination' when I finally asked.

"Daddy, is mommy...is she...dead? Will I never see mommy again?"

He flew us down to the ground. "My little Flashie, your mommy isn't dead. We had a plan all set up for when this happened. We are going to wait in Ponyville for your mommy, and everything will be all right."

I sniffled. "Mommy's okay?"

"Yes, she is. Everything will be all right."

We continued our journey, though I was a little bit more optimistic at this point. I would have had no way to be prepared for what happened next.

Blaze had flown us within four hours of reaching Ponyville when a team of Shadowbolts caught up to us. He dropped me as gently as he could into the Everfree Forest, and banked sharply to the right, taking off at full speed.

"Don't worry, my little Flashie! I'll be all right!" he yelled as he blazed a trail through the sky, confusing the Shadowbolts by leaving a huge trailing cloud of smoke behind him.

The Shadowbolts gave up following him, and searched for where he had dropped me, knowing they could use me as bait. The only thing they found was a trench where I had skidded though the dirt, and a smoldering bunch of grass at the end.

I had flown off continuing in the direction of Ponyville, knowing I could wait for my parents there, but unsure now that I would ever see either of them again.