• Published 5th Jun 2012
  • 1,423 Views, 37 Comments

My Adventures With Rainbow Dash - FireFlash13231



Fireflash and Rainbow Dash have flashbacks to how they met and grew up together.

  • ...
1
 37
 1,423

Chapter 2: Rainbow Dashback

I realized suddenly that Rainbow and I had been staring at each other during the entire flashback, and I immediately tore my gaze away and walked back over to Soarin and Spitfire.

"What was with the staring contest?" Soarin asked.

"It was like you were locked together with your eyes or something." Spitfire added.

"It was a flashback to when I lost my parents...it eventally led to me meeting Rainbow."

The three of us turned and looked back at Rainbow Dash, who was still staring straight ahead, locked in a flashback of when SHE lost HER parents.....

Author's Note: This is written first person from Rainbow's POV, not FireFlash's. This is Rainbow's past here.

It was seven years ago, and my parents had just introduced me to my idols, the legendary Wonderbolts! I was ecstatic! When Fleetfoot, the captain of the Wonderbolts, shook hooves with me, I couldn't help but let out my happiness.

"Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! I can't believe I'm meeting the captain of the Wonderbolts!"

"Hey Rainbow," Fleetfoot said. "Your parents tell me that you're the fastest filly in Equestria. Wanna prove it in a race?"

"OhmygoshohmygoshohmygoshYES!" I said. "I can't believe that I'm racing against the Wonderbolts!"

The course was long, tricky, and dangerous, full of sharp turns, steep dives, and tiring climbs. After finishing in third place out of the twelve Wonderbolts and myself, Fleetfoot and the others congatulated me on a well run race.

"You're fast for a little filly, miss Rainbow Dash. How would you like to be a Wonderbolt some day?"

"Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh! I can't believe that I'm being asked if I want to joint the Wonderbolts! Eeeeee!"

The Wonderbolts and my parents laughed. "Sounds like somepony's got themselves a new catch phrase!" Fleetfoot commented.

After many hoofshakes and goodbyes, my parents and I left, and I was evidently disappointed. I was flying home with my parents, and we were passing over the Everfree Forest when diaster struck.

A flame-colored colt came shooting by, his burning tail and mane streaking smoke behind him. A few seconds later, two of the dreaded Shadowbolts came tearing though the sky, leaving lightning trails on either side of the flaming pony's smoke trail.

The lightning hit both of my parents and me, sending them falling to the ground and me crashing into a tree. I flew to the ground as soon as I recovered, and when I found my parents, both of them had broken necks from the impact. I flew to their sides, the tears welling up in my eyes.

"M-m-mommy? D-daddy?"

I knew that they were dead. No pegasus, not even the legendary captain of the Redwings, Jet Stream, could have survived a fall like that.

I cried myself to sleep, dreading the arrival of the next day. Little did I know that the next day would change my life forever...