• Published 5th Jun 2012
  • 1,847 Views, 56 Comments

Between us immortals... - Swedishdude



The main six travels to Earth in order to teach humans about harmony

  • ...
5
 56
 1,847

Chapter 1 - A "great" idea!

“…and then my subjects tried to cut off the broken leg, because they thought it would grow back!”

The large, slimy immortal slammed his muddy arm into the table and burst out laughing from his own story. His insect-like friend joined him, and their loud snickering contributed to the already earsplitting volume in the castle. Unfortunately, their other two companions at the table had trouble finding the story amusing.

“Well, um…” the immortal being shaped with two legs and two arms stuttered. “That is um…”

“…most interesting…” Luna filled out for her friend.

“Ha-ha, oh, I never had so much fun in my entire life as a goddess!” the insect said after having recovered from his laugh attack.

“Yea, we should definitely try that again sometime. Maybe after some few millenniums, when every mortal have forgot about this or think it's a stupid tale or something. Then we should send some of my subjects to your world! Imagine how crazy that would be!” His friend agreed and right in the middle of their loud discussion over the possible ‘crazy’ scenarios that could happen, Luna’s friend interrupted them with a loud throat clearing.

“I am sorry for interrupting your planning.” He scratched his long beard nervously. “But I just want to know what happened after the slime people tried to, hrmm, ‘help’ Zaggeer’s subject? The poor little thing and her friends most has been pretty upset that she almost got one of her twelve legs decapitated…”

The slime creature started giggling again. “IF they were upset? They were furious!” he then said with a loud laugh. “They started to fight each other, and if we hadn’t intervened, they all would probably have died! Can you believe that they were actually ready to kill each other over such a little misunderstanding! How stupid isn’t that?”

“S-stupid? T-that is just evil!” the bearded man said shocked, his face turning white. “Didn’t you two foresee this so you could prevent it before it happened??”

The insect known under the name Zaggeer rolled all his one-hundred-and-thirty-two eyes in sarcasm. “Oh Jesus, you have always been such a pacifist!” He grabbed a piece of leafs and started eating them. “What’s the fun with sending someinsect to an adventure into foreign lands if there won’t be some dangers on the other side?”

“B-but…”

“To your information, everything turned out ‘fine’ in the end. My people learned that they should treat every individual being equally and Slymmeri’s subjects learned that they could feed on grass instead of their younglings.” With a loud ‘crunch’ sound, the insect took another large bite from the plant. “So no need to panic or anything. After all, I’m not evil, am I?”

The white clothed man didn’t know if he should continue arguing about their carelessness for their subjects or if he should ask Slymmeri why he had allowed his people to feed on their own children. It eventually resulted with a blank glare at the insect, as it chewed through the leaf and grabbed the next one.

Luna couldn’t prevent herself from making a faint smile. Jesus was just as credulous as Luna remembered him to be, despite after all these years. He was always assuming that every immortal/watcher/ruler/goddess would be as kind to their subjects as his father was to his. That was probably what had laid the ground to their friendship. He and Luna both shared the same vision of a world with eternal harmony in it.

“Speaking of grass, this leaf is the most delicious thing I have tasted in decades! Where did you get it Luna?”

The insect’s clicking-voice woke her up from her thoughts. “Thank you Zaggeer! I am especially flattered to hear those words coming from a plant eater like yourself! As a matter of fact, these leafs are actually one of my latest creations!”

“You made an entirely new plant just for this immortal-reunion? Now you are the one doing the flattering!” Zaggeer said meaningfully.

She blushed. “Oh, I wish I could say that was the case, but unfortunately I made these only to counter my selfish boredom.”

“And there is nothing wrong with that!” Slymmeri said while gulping in a large amount of Apple-cider through one of his many mouths.

“There is nothing wrong with your vegetables Luna, but I do appreciate that you managed to bake some bread as well,” she heard her friend say while he reached for another loaf from the breadbasket.

“Bread and water…” Zaggeer shook his head disappointed. “I swear that is the only thing I ever see you consume. Ever! Have you ever actually tried eating anything else?”

Jesus snorted. “First of all, it’s bread and wine.” He showed them his cup filled with water as it magically switched color to red. “And second, I do enjoy fish as well, but these immortal reunions tend to avoid serving meat...”

“Well, if I had offered you fish, all immortals watching over water worlds would go completely nuts! And when it comes to meat…”

Jesus signaled Luna to stop. “Don’t worry Luna, I did not accuse you for anything. Your buffé is perfect as it is.”

“Yes, I agree with Jesus on this one,” Zaggeer said between the bites. “You really must tell me the DNA combination for this wonderful plant. It would become a huge hit amongst my people, I can assure you that.”

The princess made a disappointed frown. “I am afraid that that is unnecessary…”

The insect’s many eyes formed a puzzled look. “And why is that?”

“Because your subjects don’t live on the moon, do they?”

The bug raised all his eyebrows (or at least what looked like eyebrows) with several clicking sounds as a result. “In the name of every immortal being in every parallel universe: why would you create anything at all on the moon? Unless your subjects miraculously invent space travelling (which I might add that no mortal will ever be smart enough to accomplish), no one will ever be able to appreciate such a creation.”

Chuckling from the bearded man made Zaggeer turn all his one-hundred-and-thirty-two eyes towards Jesus and every single one of them looked annoyed. “Did I say something funny?”

“Oh, don’t mind me!” Jesus got hold of himself and turned back to the humans' representative as he was supposed to be. “I’m just sitting here and minding my own business. Hrmm, please continue your conversation.”

“Well, after a thousand years alone on the moon, you tend to come up with something to kill the spare time…” The princess of the night stared sadly into her cup of tea.

“Oh right!” Slymmeri paused his drinking for a brief moment. “You revolted against your sister a couple of years ago, didn’t you? I must say, you really have some balls to go all like ‘the night will last forever’ on Princess Celestia’s ass-“

“I really don’t want to talk about it…” Luna interrupted.

“Well, I think that you have organized this reunion perfectly,” Her friend said, trying to change the subject into something more pleasant.

“Yes I agree! It has been so long since the last time I had the opportunity to converse with such lovely and trustworthy immortals such as yourse- HEY, is that really Saraslike?”

The insect’s gaze had locked on a snake-like creature with two arms attached on each of its side, sitting at a table across the palace hall. “That guy owes me money! Excuse me…” And with those words, the insect lord had rose up from his chair and with an incredible speed (which was expected from a creature with more legs than eyes), he was over at the other table.

“Hrm, actually, I have an unpicked mud-pile with Saraslike as well.” Slymmeri rose up from his now very dirty chair. “I hope you don’t mind?”

“Kick his ass!” Luna said and blinked smiling.

The mud golem grinned widely in return before slowly following his friend’s steps towards the serpent, leaving a large path of slime behind him. With that, Luna and Jesus were left alone with a half eaten salad and three empty tanks of what used to contain apple cider.

Jesus dipped gracefully his tiny piece of bread into the red wine and took a small bite from it. “Sorry for my outburst earlier,” he started. “It is just so hard for me to cope with that not all immortals share my philosophy that we exist for the best of our subjects…”

“Outburst?” His conversation partner chuckled. “That was as far as you can possible come to an outburst! But I do admit that I too sometimes forget that we are there for our subjects, and not vice versa…” Luna shook away the images of her being Nightmare Moon and trying to force everypony to love her. Oh well, that’s the past, even if she now was even more bored during the nights than she had been before…

“Your sister isn’t here, is she? It was a long time since I last saw her…”

“It is day back home in Equestria, she has her duties to attend to,” she explained. “I guess the same applies to your father?”

“Oh, you have no idea!” Jesus took another small bite from his wine soaked bread. “Lucifer seems to gain more and more ground for every month that passes, and every time I suggest we take the fight to him, my father only says ‘Son, chill out! I got this’. He says he has a plan of some sort but…” He shook his head confused. “It just makes me so angry to see that worm Lucifer corrupting more and more of Earth’s people every day, and the worst part of it all is that I think the humans actually wants him to corrupt them…”

Luna almost spit out the tea she had been drinking. “Wants to be corrupted? I am afraid you will have to explain that part a little bit better for me…”

“The humans knows they are polluting their planet, and still they continue to do it. The humans knows that killing is wrong, but still they declare war on each other. The humans knows that some of them are poor and starving, but still they refuse to share…” He let out a troubled sigh. “It is like they want to be evil you know? And Lucifer gives them the opportunity to be just that…”

“Well, if that is the case, why don’t you go down to your beloved subjects and correct them? Our little ponies turned against each other once, so we created a blizzard based on their hate, until they were forced to tolerate.”

“That is the thing: my father doesn’t let me to!” Frustrated, Jesus duplicated a new slice of bread. “It is like he expects them to learn how to love and tolerance on their own. It is just not going to happen! If he would just let me go down there one more time, I would fix everything! All that the humans need is a role model to show them that it is possible to be good…” He took a deep breath to calm himself down. It wasn’t many things that made Jesus angry, but this was one of them.

“I am sorry Luna, I just get so sad to see that the majority of my subjects are so immune to harmony. I look at yours and Celestia’s world and I just want mine to be the same…”

The alicorn made an understanding nod and took another sip from her tea. “Our world isn’t perfect either, but I agree that I and my sister have worked hard to come to were we are now. But you can impossible say that all of your subjects are evil, can you? Even I, an immortal from another universe, have heard about several humans that even exceeds my subject in kindness and love. Mahatma Gandhi, Buddha, Noak, Abraham Lincoln…”

“Yes, there will always be some righteous people left in my world, but they are getting fewer and fewer… At least they exist, I guess. Enough talking about my universe, how are you doing yourself Luna? It must have been tough to get back to work after a thousand years living on the moon?”

Now it was Luna’s time to sigh. “At first it was, but after some few months you are back into the same old boring routine that you were in a thousand years ago. It is just so boooring! The only difference between the past and now is that I now realize that I am doing it for my subjects, and not for myself.”

“Well, I am glad that you have realized that at least…”

“But it is still barely bearable!” She took a desperate sip from the cup. “Imagine yourself to be the ruler of a sleeping world! N.O.T.H.I.N.G. Happens! It makes me so frustrated! If just something would happen for a change! I wouldn't really care if it was revolting dragons or just a parasprite invasion, as long as it is something!”

The large tumult of several voices chanting in chorus made them both turn around simultaneously. Jesus could see that Zaggeer was now involved in a fist fight with Saraslike, and several of the other immortals stood around in a circle, cheering and taking bets. He didn’t know if he should laugh or cry. Sometimes he wondered if even the immortals had lost their moral. He turned back to the alicorn and continued the conversation.

“I wish I could help you somehow Luna, but unless you are interested in Diablo thre-“

“I GOT IT!” Luna suddenly slammed her hoof at the table, making Jesus spill wine all over his white coat.

“Hey, I just washed that!”

“I got the solution for both our problems!” she said grinning, and completely ignored her friends angry whining.

“Huh?” Her wet friend looked confused at her.

“We let some of our ponies visit your world to teach your people about harmony!” The princess was almost skipping with excitement.

“E-excuse me?” He started cleaning his ears just in case he had got some wine in it.

“We do just like Slymmeri and Zaggeer did: I let some of my ponies travel to your world for an adventure, and in the mean time, your people would get that role model you said they needed! Somepony from my world would easily live up to that criterion! In addition to it all, I will have an adventure to watch during my long and uneventful nights! It is the perfect solution!”

Jesus still looked skeptical at the alicorn, like if he was trying to figure out if it was a joke or if she was actually serious. “Didn’t you learn anything from Slymmeri and Zaggeer’s story? They ended up trying to cut each other’s legs off!”

Luna just waved away his objection. “But you know how brutish Slime people and Zergs are! Our species are far more civilized than that. Besides, we will of course always be present to prevent any catastrophe that might occur!”

“Because there WILL be a lot of catastrophes,” the bearded man said. “And my father will never agree to let anyone from your world entering ours! If he even wouldn’t let me do anything about it, he will certainly not let anyone else help to!”

The blue mare took a calmly sip from her tea. “Maybe your father doesn’t need to know…” she said with a seductive smile.

The red-stained man raised an eyebrow. “Y-you mean that we will do this behind my father’s back?”

Luna nodded. “Mhm, and I won’t say a word to Celestia either. Project ‘save earth’ will be a stealth operation. How exciting!”

“How foolish you mean?” He ate up the last of the loaf. “My father even knows when a sparrow in his world dies; it would only be a matter of seconds before he realized that a talking pony had suddenly entered his world!”

“Not with a un-detection spell.”

“Un… detection spell?”

“Yep, we cover the ponies with a un-detection spell! They will be like ghosts for your father, and for Celestia too for that matter!”

“Well, it would work…” Jesus remembered too well the un-detection spell Lucifer had used when he had tricked Eve into eating the forbidden fruit. “…But I still don’t like doing stuff behind my father’s back, good intentions or bad. He got quite upset the last time I did something he didn’t agree to…”

Luna raised an eyebrow interested. “Oh but come on, what is the worst thing that could possible happen?”

Jesus gave the princess a sarcastic look.

“Oh right, the crucifixion… But what if this actually makes your people better persons? It would be such a shame if all that was needed to make your people less evil was some ponies to show them were the furniture should stand, and we didn’t dared to do it. I promise to take the blame if anything happens, your father won’t even know you were involved!”

The holy man shook his head. “No, if we get caught, I will take my responsibility. I do admit that the idea is tempting, but there are too many risks and my father said he already have a plan for it. We cannot-“

“One week.”

“Huh?”

“Just one week. If things don’t turn out the way we hope they will, we take them right back home after that, pinkie promise!”

Jesus thought about it for a long time. It would feel nice with a world full of harmony, and Luna had certainly an outstanding record when it came to worlds with harmony…

“Who are you thinking to send anyway? Are you going to teach my people yourself?”

Luna grinned amused. “No no no, if I meddled with your world it would almost be a considered as a declaration of war! I think you know very well which six ponies I intend to send…”

Jesus almost spilled his remaining wine on his clothes. “Y-you can’t seriously be suggesting the elements of harmony?”

“Of course I am! Which six ponies wouldn’t show your world how it’s done better than them? The element of magic is even studying friendship as we speak!”

“But what if Equestria becomes under danger when they are gone? What if-“

“If there emerges a problem that I and Celestia can’t handle, we will of course take them back home,” Luna assured.

Jesus made another large sigh. “How are you even going to convince them to go on this mission at all? ‘Oh hi, my friend from another dimensional wants you six to teach his beloved subjects how to love and tolerate, but don’t say anything to your princess Celestia, it’s a secret’!”

Jesus’s impression of herself made the princess chuckle. “Oh Jesus, I think that will be our easiest problem, don’t you worry about it, but do you have a human subject that could show the ponies around? It would be rather cruel to send my little ponies into a strange world without any guidance at all, especially if its inhabitants is as cruel as you make them sound like.”

“I have some good humans that come to mind, yes, but it won’t be anyone important or with a big influence. Otherwise, my father will now about it almost immediately!”

“That is not a problem at all. Make the host for the guests prepared for the arrival with a home and food and the rest will fix itself.”

He made a troubled frown and massaged his temples. “I have a very bad feeling that I will regret this, but one week only. Not. A. Single. Day. More. Okay?”

Luna smiled joyfully.

“One week only.”