• Published 5th Dec 2015
  • 1,446 Views, 11 Comments

Being from Another world - Catrina37



An artifact and an accident takes Sweetie Belle to a world full of humans, and it's not Canterlot High. She makes a new friend in a local farm girl named Megan Williams, who is willing to help her get home, leading Megan on a great adventure.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,446

New World, New Friend

Ch. 6: New World, New Friend

Sweetie Belle finally makes it to the end of the tunnel and lands on the ground with a grunt.

“Where am I?” she asks herself.

Sweetie Belle looks at her surroundings. She sees...trees. Pine trees that appeared to be on two separate sides. She looked down on the ground to find that what was dividing the sides was a road, the kind that places like Manehattan have.

“Something tells me I’m not in Equestria anymore,” she says, “I’ve got to find that lizard before he finds the Star and gets home without me.”

But her moment of just standing in one spot was interrupted when she hears a very loud and strange honking noise. Hers ears perk up high, and swivel in the direction behind her. She turns around to see what was behind her, and gasps at what she sees: a giant carriage that looked like it was made of metal, and was running on wheels (a giant 18-wheeler truck). It was coming awfully close to where she was.

“Ahhhhh!!!” she screams in fright.

Before the carriage could hit her, she leaped out of the way to the other side of the road, and covered her eyes in fright. She opens them to see the carriage passing by, and going further away from her.

But Sweetie Belle wasn’t safe yet! Another strange carriage (a normal truck) was headed her way, this one going the opposite direction as the other. It honked at her like the other one did, and she immediately jumped out of the way again. She watched it as it passed by. But already, another carriage (a hot rod) was coming her way with super speed! Opposite the other carriage! Deciding she had enough, she ran onto one of the sides consisting of forest and watched it go down the street, gasping for breath as she did.

Sweetie Belle suddenly sees a huge, red sign, with an arrow that was pointing east. The same direction two of the carriages went. She reads what it says.

“Paradise Estates. Five miles ahead! Maybe the ponies there can help me,” she says with hope.

****

A while later, Sweetie Belle’s nonstop five mile trek takes her to a small hill. There, she spots from the top a farm up ahead. It had a large red barn, a farmhouse, a shed, a chicken coop, fenced areas full of sheep, cows, and pigs, and there was even a garden full of vegetables such as carrots and lettuce, with a scarecrow to protect it.

“There it is!” Sweetie Belle says with elation.

Glad to see the farm up ahead, she runs toward it so that she could ask a pony or two to help her. She makes it to the front gate where it has a sign that says “Paradise Estates”, opening it slightly so that she could enter the ranch. It did creak a little, but it wasn’t enough to cause any kind of commotion, nor was it enough to make Sweetie Belle worry or get nervous.

She begins to close the gate. But as she did, she suddenly hears a noise, a crashing sound, like something fell on the floor. Her ears swivel in the direction it came from. Inside the house.

She looks to see what that noise was, only to instead see a shadow. It wasn’t the shadow of a pony, nor of any other creature she knew, but of something else. She didn’t know who or what that creature is but it looked like it had a weapon in its hand and was headed straight for the door. Scared to find out what could possibly happen, she makes haste for some rose bushes, hiding herself so that whoever it was couldn’t see her.

She hid just in time, because the creature was opening the door and headed on the front porch. When it came into view, she got a good look at what this new creature looked like. It was a pinkish-white creature, and it looked to be of a male build. He had blue eyes, blonde hair and mustache, was wearing a blue long-sleeved shirt, blue jeans, and black shoes. He was also carrying a weird stick of some sort. Sweetie Belle didn’t know what to make of this creature.

‘What is that thing?’ she wonders.

He got off the front porch, and was looking around for something, scratching his head like he was very confused. It really wasn’t until he noticed something about the gate that he did more than just stand around.

He walked over to the gate to find that it wasn’t all the way closed, much to Sweetie Belle’s horror. The latch of the gate didn’t connect to the gate bar to close it completely. He closed the gate all the way so that it wasn’t left the way it is currently.

“Danny!” he calls out.

When he called that name, another pinkish-white creature poked its head out of a window at the top of the house. It looked to be a boy. He had dusty orange hair, light blue eyes, a red and white ball cap with a dark blue bill, and a light blue shirt.

“Yay, Dad!” another voice responds.

“Did you forget to lock the gate again?” Danny’s father asks.

“No! I didn’t forget to lock it!” Danny responded while crossing his arms.

But his father wasn’t going to believe him that easily, because he gave his son a look that he knew what he was trying to pull.

“Okay, I did forget. But I was going to come back and check on it later. I swear.” Danny said truthfully.

“I understand, son. But next time, don’t wait a while just to come back and do something like this.” Danny’s father told him.

“Okay, Dad.”

The father and son look at each other for a moment, silence being the only thing in the air.

“Wanna play a board game?” The father asks.

“Ah, board games are too old-fashioned for me today,” Danny responds, “How about poker?”

“Okay by me.”

The father strolls on into the house as Sweetie Belle watched him go in, and watches the one called Danny disappear into the house to meet with his dad. When they were gone, Sweetie Belle came out of the bushes knowing that the coast was clear. What she just saw astonished her greatly! Creatures that she never saw before! A family too!

“Now I know I’m not in Equestria anymore,” she says to herself, “But what am I gonna do? How do I know if I can trust any of these new creatures?”

Sitting on her haunches in dismay, she felt like there was no hope for her to go back home.

Suddenly, just when she was about to lose hope and thought that nothing else would happen, the sound of guitar playing comes in the air. Her curiosity peaked and her ears perked high, she follows the music to see where it’s coming from.

****

It seemed that that the music was coming from all the way past the barn, because the farther away she went from the building, the louder and clearer the music became.

The next thing that came as she got closer though, was singing:

“I know I can do it;

Put my heart to it;

I will do anything,

To earn my wings.”

‘That song is so enchanting. I wonder who that could be?’ she wondered.

Not wanting to wait any longer to find out who it was, she ran past the barn, and past some trees that were many feet away from the building. She found the source of the music when she stops next to a brook.

It was another one of those creatures, this one being of a female build. She was a young fifteen year old girl with shining golden hair in a ponytail and green eyes like an emerald. She was wearing a brown, five-gallon hat, an orange blouse, blue jeans, and a brown vest and boots.

‘Wow. That girl creature is so beautiful.’ she thought.

As soon as the music stopped though, Sweetie Belle realized that she was out in the open and wasn’t hidden from sight. If the girl turned around, she would see her.

She decides to back away. But just as she did, she accidentally steps on a twig, causing it to crack loudly and alert the girl creature’s attention. The girl turns around and sees her.

“Oh. Hello there,” the girl says with a smile.

The girl approaches Sweetie Belle. But as she did, Sweetie Belle shyly backs away with her ears flopped on her head. She wasn’t sure what the girl in front of her would do if she saw she was a unicorn.

Seeing this, the creature kneels down to help her not feel so intimidated, and puts her hand out so that she can know she isn’t a threat.

“It’s okay, little one,” the girl says softly, “You don’t have to be afraid of me.”

Sensing that the girl wasn’t dangerous, Sweetie Belle slowly approaches her. When she came close enough, the creature gently petted her mane like one would do with a dog. It felt so soothing. Now, Sweetie Belle felt more at ease, not just because of the petting, but because she now senses that the girl had a spirit in her that told her she can be trusted. She smiles knowing that she may have found a new friend who can help her.

The moment of just being petted didn’t last long when the girl noticed Sweetie Belle’s horn on her head.

“Woah! Are you a...unicorn?” The girl says in astonishment.

‘Looks like she found out.’ she thought to herself.

In retrospect, Sweetie Belle would have been frightened like she was before, but, she no longer felt frightened.

The girl picks her up to get a closer look at the horn that she just saw. She touches the horn, and when she did, she found that it was all to real.

“Wow! This is so cool! I thought you guys were only fairy tales! I never knew there were any around her!” the girl says excitedly.

Sweetie Belle couldn’t help but giggle at how giddy this girl sounded.

“My name is Megan by the way. Megan Williams,” Megan introduces.

“Hi, Megan. It’s nice to meet you.” Sweetie Belle replies.

“Ah!” Megan suddenly screams, nearly dropping Sweetie Belle.

Megan felt shocked. She’s heard parakeets and parrots talk, but never ponies. She puts her down so that she can be back on her hooves without being dropped.

“You...you can talk,” she said in shock.

“Uh-huh,” Sweetie Belle replies.

Megan couldn’t believe it. A unicorn that was not only real, but also can speak too. She rubbed her eyes to see if she wasn’t dreaming, and when she opened them, the small unicorn was still standing in front of her.

She kneels down again, this time only to be at her eye level.

“Do you have a name?” Megan asks.

“Yay. I’m Sweetie Belle.” Sweetie Belle responds.

“Sweetie Belle,” Megan says with a smile, “That’s a nice name.”

“Thanks.” Sweetie Belle responds again.

For a minute, there was only silence for the two, until Megan decided to break it by being the first to speak.

“Well, what are you doing all the way out here? Where did you come from?” she asks.

Sweetie Belle’s smile disappears when Megan asked that question.

“That’s actually what I need your help with, Megan,” Sweetie Belle responds, “I’m not from here. I don’t know where I am either.”

“Oh?” Megan replies.

“Yay. You see, I come from a world where...”

And just like that, Sweetie Belle told Megan about who she was, and where she came from. The things she especially told her were about her sister, and how she protects Equestria with her friends using the Magic of Friendship. She also told her about herself and her fellow Crusaders, even showing her cutie mark and telling her what it represents; and what she and her friends now do to help other ponies. She also told her about the Knights, whom they have been helping to battle the evil wizard known as Grogar. Finally, she told her about how and why she came to this world and her home.

For Megan, what she was told was a lot to process, and everything Sweetie Belle told her amazed her to no end.

“So let me get this straight. You are from a magic land of talking ponies called Equestria, and you got here while trying to stop an evil lizard from taking an amulet called the Star of Worlds, which has the ability to take you anywhere. And he’s trying to use it to free an evil goat wizard?” Megan says.

“That’s right,” Sweetie Belle replies.

After Sweetie Belle answered the words that summed everything up, Megan put her hand on a side of Sweetie Belle’s body.

“Sweetie Belle, this is a lot to take in. But if there’s a monster roaming around here, and a wizard who’s trying to conquer your homeland, you bet I’ll help you.” she told Sweetie Belle.

“You will?!” Sweetie Belle says.

Megan smiles and gives a nod saying ‘yes’ to answer her question. When Sweetie Belle saw that, she was so elated, that she jumped onto Megan and gave her a hug. The best thing was that it didn’t cause any of them to fall on the ground.

“Oh, thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” she told her.

Megan hugs her back.

The two of them were in the comfort of each other’s arms, the furnace of their newly found friendship igniting as they hugged.

Suddenly, while they hugged, a bell sounded out from the farmhouse.

“Kids! Dinner time! Come and get it!” a woman’s voice calls out.

Their attentions drawn, they let go from their embrace of friendship.

“That’s my Mom. I have to go inside for dinner,” Megan told Sweetie Belle.

But the bell wasn’t the only thing that made a sound.

*grumble*

Sweetie Belle’s stomach was also making noises, and it was at that moment she realized that she hadn’t eaten since she came here.

“Megan. Speaking of dinner, I’m hungry as well,” she tells Megan, “Can I have something to eat too?”

“Of course you can, Sweetie Belle,” Megan gladly says, “I’ll be back later. Okay?”

“Okay.”

Knowing now that everything was in the zone, Megan runs off to her house to eat dinner with her family. Sweetie Belle meanwhile, just sat down where she was to wait for Megan to come back, and she wasn’t going to leave her spot.

****

A little while later, after the Williams family had their supper, Megan gave Sweetie Belle a small bowl of salad to eat. Not only that, but Megan was able to let Sweetie Belle sleep in her bedroom for the night as a way of kindness and generosity for the young unicorn.

As Sweetie Belle ate her food, she started to realize that she still didn’t know what creature Megan was and what world she, Jet, and the Star of Worlds landed in. She decided to ask after she was done eating the food in her mouth.

“Megan. I never got to ask, but, what kind of creatures are you and your family? And what world am I in?” she asked inquisitively.

It was at that moment that Megan realized she forgot to tell Sweetie Belle about her own world and what creature she herself was.

“Oh, that’s right. I must have forgotten to tell you those things.” Megan said.

To get comfortable, Megan sat down on a chair close by her, as she felt that it was better to tell Sweetie Belle while sitting down rather than standing up.

“So, your world doesn’t have my kind living there, right?” Megan asks.

“Yay. I don’t think anyone or anypony has ever seen a creature like you before?”

“I thought so,” Megan says with a chuckle, “My people and I are called ‘humans’.”

“Humans? What are humans?” Sweetie Belle asks.

“Humans are creatures that are able to innovate, create, and build using only their hands.”

“You mean, they can create things without magic?”

“That’s right. We’re very widespread across the globe, and also the only sapiens here on Earth.”

“Earth is your planet, right?”

“You got it. We also look a little like primates, but we sure as hay aren’t related to them. Especially since we only have hair on our heads and nowhere else.”

Megan giggles when she said that. Sweetie Belle also started to giggle as she found the image of a hairless primate (or in this case non-primate) to be really funny.

“What part of your world did I land in anyway?” Sweetie Belle asks.

“Meadow Brook, Wyoming. On the continent of North America. It’s also a state in the country of the U.S. The United States of America,” Megan tells her, “And of course you already know about the farm your currently staying in.”

“Yay. Paradise Estates. A ranch that’s run by the Williams family. If my hunch is correct, I take it that your Dad is the head farmer here.”

Megan giggles again.

“You definitely hit the nail on that one. My Dad’s name is Ben Williams, and he is the head farmer of Paradise Estates.”

“What about the rest of your family?”

“I have a Mom, and her name is Leah Williams. She helps feed and nurse the animals we have here. Then there’s Molly, the sweetest little sister I ever had; and of course, there’s also Danny, who has quite the mischievous streak if I may add.”

“Wow. You must have a great family.”

“Yay, and together, my family and I run a ranch dedicated to caring for abandoned and homeless animals alike.”

“Really? That’s so cool!” Sweetie Belle exclaims, “What about you?”

“Huh?” Megan asks.

“I already told you about myself since the time we met. How about you tell me what you’re like?”

“Okay. I love music, like playing the guitar. I also love singing, dancing, reading, the great outdoors, and animals. What I especially like though is help others in need, no matter what the consequences. If a friend is in trouble, I’ll be there to help.”

Sweetie Belle felt pride. Here she was, worried that no one could help her, but now, she was proven wrong by running into her first out-of-her-world friend.

“I’m glad I ran into you, Megan. If I hadn’t, then, I wouldn’t have been able to meet my newest friend.”

Megan was touched. To her, it felt really great when someone considers her a friend that they need. Even if they were from a different world.

“Aww. Thanks, Sweetie Belle.”

But, completely out of nowhere, a yawn from Sweetie Belle comes up. Megan could tell she had a really busy day, and that it was enough to completely wear her out.

“Let’s get some rest, tonight. We’ll look for the Star in the morning.” Megan said to Sweetie Belle.

“Okay,” Sweetie Belle yawns, “I am feeling tired.”

Megan lifts Sweetie Belle up as she falls asleep and puts her to bed in her bed.

“Sweet Dreams, Sweetie Belle.”

With Sweetie Belle in bed, Megan decides to sleep in a nearby sleeping bag for the night. She got right to sleep without a problem.

Tomorrow was a big day for the two.