• Published 5th Dec 2015
  • 1,445 Views, 11 Comments

Being from Another world - Catrina37



An artifact and an accident takes Sweetie Belle to a world full of humans, and it's not Canterlot High. She makes a new friend in a local farm girl named Megan Williams, who is willing to help her get home, leading Megan on a great adventure.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,445

Megan's Sacrifice

Ch. 9: Megan’s Sacrifice

While Sweetie Belle and Rarity were hugging, Twilight also comes to embrace Sweetie Belle, glad to see that her friend was okay and not hurt. Sweetie Belle returns the embrace.

Megan and Scorpan look on, happy to see the three ponies reunited. But then, Megan saw Scorpan. Thinking he was an enemy she picks up a nearby tree branch, and tries to attack him as she swings it. Scorpan swiftly avoids each attempt.

“Hey!” Scorpan says.

“Who are you?!” Megan says, “Another of Grogar’s flunkies?!”

When Sweetie Belle sees what’s happening, she quickly runs over to Megan to stop her.

“It’s okay, Megan,” Sweetie Belle calms her, “This is Scorpan, one of the Knights of Tambelon.”

“Oh? Sorry about that.”

“That’s alright. You just didn’t know.”

“Anyway. The alicorn right here is my friend, Princess Twilight Sparkle,” Sweetie Belle introduces.

“Hi there. And you can call me Twilight by the way.” Twilight greets Megan.

“And the dazzling unicorn right here is my sister, Rarity.” Sweetie Belle introduces again.

“Charmed. But who are you?” Rarity asks Megan.

“My name is Megan.”

“She’s my new human friend. She’s been taking care of me on her farm while I was stuck here, and she helped me get back the Star of Worlds.”

Megan shows them.

“Oh thank you!” Twilight excitedly says.

But before Megan could give the Star to Twilight, it was snatched out of her hands in the blink of an eye. The five heroes look in the direction it went to see that Jet has the Star again, and he took it by transforming himself into a monkey.

“Love to stay for this endearing conversation, but I must be off,” Jet snickers as he takes to the trees.

“After him!” Scorpan shouts.

The friends chase after Jet. But this time, Twilight had a plan to catch Jet without having to simply run after him. Jet within her sight, she uses her horn to teleport right in front of him. Jet stops when he finds the alicorn in front of him, and before he could do anything else, Twilight blinds him with her magic, causing him to let go of the Star and make it fall.

Just when it was about to hit the ground, Rarity uses her magic to levitate it, and floats the Star of Worlds toward her.

Enraged, Jet turns into a bull and charges at the heroes, causing them to scatter before he could even hit them like bowling pins. He turns to see Rarity still holding the Star with her magic and charges straight for her.

“Twilight!” Rarity shouts before throwing the Star of Worlds.

With one leap, Twilight catches it with her telekinesis. But her moment didn’t last long when she saw Jet coming her way with flaring nostrils. She throws the Star before he could reach her, throwing it to Scorpan who caught it with a flutter in the air. Jet sees this and prepares to charge over him.

“It’ll be a pleasure to get rid of you, Scorpan,” he mumbles.

He races towards Scorpan, but Megan gets out her lasso and lassoed Jet away from Scorpan. Jet turns into a bird and frees himself from the rope. He tries to take the Star from Scorpan, but his grip is too tight, so Jet changes into his real form and continues to try taking it. Before any one of them could let go, Sweetie Belle uses her telekinesis to make Jet float off the ground and away from Scorpan, slamming him into a tree.

“Scorpan, hurry!” Twilight says.

“Return us to Ponyville!” Scorpan commands the Star.

A portal to Ponyville opens. Seeing what was happening, Jet goes after them to take the Star. But before he could, a rope was lassoed around him, preventing him from going forward. It was Megan, and she was trying to stop him no matter what.

“You guys go!” she says, “I’ll hold this creep here!”

“Megan!” Sweetie calls.

“No time, Sweetie Belle! We have to get home!” Rarity says as she picks her sister up.

The four run into the Portal. Jet struggles to get free.

“I do not plan on being imprisoned in this strange world forever!” he says as he changes into a bull again.

He charges into to the portal, while Megan held on to her rope, in tow, taking her to Equestria as she screams.

****

In Ponyville, Twilight, Sweetie Belle, Scorpan, and Rarity made it through. Everyone was gasping for breath at how exhilarating the events that happened were to them.

“Phew! We made it,” Twilight says.

But within a second, Jet suddenly charges in, knocking Scorpan down, and causing the Star to fall out of his hands and straight into Jet's. Jet cackles at his triumphant victory.

“At last! I have it!” he shouts with pride.

“Not so fast!” Megan says as she lassoed the Star and pulls it toward her.

Megan catches the Star.

“Megan!” Sweetie Belle shouts.

Jet becomes ticked for the last time by Megan’s continuous efforts to stop him.

“Give that amulet to me!” Jet says.

“Never!” Megan replies, keeping it in her grasp.

“Megan! Use the Star to get yourself home! It’ll be safe with you!” Twilight says.

“You got it, Twilight!” Megan replies.

“Oh, but I don’t think you should!” Jet says.

“What?” Megan says in a confused way.

“If you do use it, Grogar will come for it, and destroy you and everything you ever love one by one!” Jet threatens.

“Don’t listen to him! Just do it!” Twilight tells Megan.

But Megan was conflicted. Even though the Star of Worlds would be safe with her, Jet was right. If Twilight and the others can use a spell to find it, Grogar would as well and be free from his prison. There was only one thing she had to do.

“He’s right, Twilight,” Megan sadly says, “If you can use the spell to find it, Grogar will too. I’m not gonna let him use his evil on you, Sweetie Belle, or any of the ponies for all the good you have done. There’s only one thing I can do to protect the ponies and my family.”

Without a word, Megan throws the Star to the ground and smashes it with her foot, destroying the Star of Worlds, much to Jet’s severe dismay, and to Twilight, Rarity, Sweetie Belle, and Scorpan’s shock.

“Consider yourself an enemy to Grogar, Megan!” Jet angrily yells as he turns into a vulture and flies away.

Megan looks down on the Star, gets down on her knees, and sheds a tear, knowing she will never get home. Sweetie Belle runs up to her and hugs her for her sacrifice. Megan hugs her in return.

Twilight walks up to Megan, and embraces her with her hooves and wings. Rarity and Scorpan also embrace Megan for what she did.

“I’m sorry.” Twilight says softly.

Megan hugs the three in return. She now knew that despite being in a different world, she’s made more friends.