• Published 5th Dec 2015
  • 1,447 Views, 11 Comments

Being from Another world - Catrina37



An artifact and an accident takes Sweetie Belle to a world full of humans, and it's not Canterlot High. She makes a new friend in a local farm girl named Megan Williams, who is willing to help her get home, leading Megan on a great adventure.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,447

Castle Break-In

Ch. 4: Castle Break-In

That night, at the Castle of Friendship, the CMC have settled in the guestroom next to the throne room. They are having snacks while discussing who they should help with their cutie mark next.

“I say we should help Pipsqueak find his cutie mark first,” Apple Bloom suggests.

“Do the ponies of Trottingham even have cutie marks?” Scootaloo asks.

“I don’t know,” Sweetie Belle says, “I’ll ask what most ponies are talented at in Trottingham and see if he has talent in that department.”

“Good idea, Sweetie Belle,” Apple Bloom says, “By the way, how’s Rarity doing since the paintball incident?”

Sweetie Belle sighs, “Still eating away her problems with ice cream. If only there was a way to wash the paint out.”

“We’ll talk to Twilight about a stain removing spell.”

Before they could go to sleep, they hear someone knocking at the door.

“Come on in,” Scootaloo says.

Thorne comes in through the door.

“Just wanted to check on you, Crusaders,” Thorne says, “Sweetie Belle, your sister is not still upset over the paint war Discord and I had, is she? She really glared at me during the meeting.”

“Well you two did ruin a fashion line that took her weeks to make, Thorne,” Sweetie Belle says.

“I guess I did. I’ll make it up to her once I’m done with guard duty tonight.

Anyway, you kids let me know if you need anything during your sleep over.”

“Okay, Thorne,” the CMC say together, “Good night.”

“Good night, Crusaders,” Thorne says as he yawns.

Thorne closes the door behind him, his cane being heard as he moved along.

****

While Shining Armor is maintaining the Force Field at the castle, Ahuizotl sent Jet make to Ponyville via portal. Ahuizotl points to the castle for Jet.

“The the Castle of Friendship is just ahead of you,” Ahuizotl informs, “Princess Twilight probably has the Star with her or in the throne room.”

“You stand guard here,” Jet orders, “Less chance of you messing that up.”

Jet changes into a raven and flies up as Ahuizotl glares at him and growls at him.

“One of these days I’ll make that salamander into a purse.” he mutters to himself.

****

Meanwhile, Jet flies to the area where Shining Armor is standing guard. He lands by on a tree branch, watching as the unicorn did his work.

‘Lucky for me, one of the princess’s friends is an animal lover.’ he thinks to himself.

He is caws to get Shining Armor’s attention until he is spotted by him.

“Hey, little bird!” he greets him, “Are you one of Fluttershy’s pets?”

Jet gives a caw in response to Shining Armor’s question.

“I guess so,” Shining Armor says with a chuckle, “After all, what harm can a bird like you cause.”

“Plenty.” Jet talks back.

“Wha-?”

In lightning fast reflexes, Jet gets out a black shadow stone and flings it at Shining Armor, causing the magic of his horn to short out and knock him out cold.

Jet lands and transforms back into his normal form. He gives a smug grin as he saw the helpless unicorn lying down on the job.

“Sweet dreams, little pony,” Jets whispers as he walks past him.

He approaches the door, but finds that it was locked.

‘Hmmmm? Better to take the scenic route I suppose.’ he thought.

So, he climbs the crystal walls of the castle all the way up to the balcony, where he had no problem going inside.

****

Jet quietly sneaks down the hallway. He comes to a stop when he sees a light up ahead and Thorne guarding one of the castle rooms.

‘Ahh. That must be the throne room.’ he realizes.

“Why they trusted that idiot known as Thorne; I’ll never know,” he chuckles as he gets out a purple bag. Jet pours some powder onto his hands and blows it at Thorne.

Thorne coughs a little and then falls asleep on the floor.

“Too easy,” Jet says as he walks into the Throne Room.

Sweetie Belle comes out looking tired. Her ears showed feelings of drowsiness and she gave a yawn that signifies it all as well. She walks up to the sleeping Thorne as he snores, lightly touching his shoulder.

“Thorne, I’m thirsty. Can you help me find a glass of water,” she asks him.

But Thorne didn’t respond.

“He must be tired from guard duty. I’ll get water myself and take over for him.”

Sweetie Belle quietly trots to the bathroom to get water.

****

Back at the throne room, Jet sees the Star of Worlds in a glass case.

“You think a princess would be more secured than this,” he arrogantly says.

Jet is about to open the case when he is shocked by another force field.

****

Sweetie Belle was coming out while drinking water when she hears a zap.

“Huh?”

****

After the field’s defense action stopped, it left Jet’s body smoking a little and electricity crackling up and down.

“My mistake,” he says while rubbing his head.

Jet gets out a few green shadow shadow stones and circles them around the glass cause, causing the force field to short out. Then, he opens the glass case and takes the Star out when he suddenly hears Sweetie Belle’s voice.

“Hello!” she calls out as she comes in.

Thinking fast, Jet decides to transform into Spike, as he thought that it wasn’t suspicious for him to be up at this hour.

“Is anyone here?” Sweetie Belle calls again.

Sweetie Belle walks inside the throne room to see the disguised Jet, who waved to her in a nervous greeting.

“Spike? What are you doing up this late?” Sweetie Belle asks.

“I-I heard a zap coming from here, so I thought I should check on the Star for Twilight,” the Spike disguised lizard lies.

“But I thought only Twilight knew the counterspell for the force field.”

“Indeed, Sweetie Belle,” a woken up Thorne says.

“Thorne!?” he shockingly calls.

“You seem surprised to see me, Spike,” Thorne says with qualms.

“I thought Princess Twilight relieved you of guard duty.”

“Strange. You never called her “Princess Twilight” before.”

Sweetie Belle is confused by both Thorne and Spike’s behavior. Then, Thorne takes out a sapphire gem and flips it to “Spike”.

“Thought you would like a snack since sapphires are your favorite food to eat,” Thorne says.

Jet did not have a choice. If he didn’t bite the gem, his cover was blown. He then bites on the gem, causing his mouth to hurt.

“OW!” he screams as he drops the gem and the Star.

Sweetie Belle gasps when she realized what Thorne was doing: catching a thief.

“You’re not Spike!” she states, “He chews through gems like rock candy!”

“Take off your disguise and fight me like a man, Jet!” Thorne says.

As commanded, Jet changes back into his normal form, facing off against Thorne.

“How did you know it was me!? And how did you avoid my sleep powder!?!”

“You made the mistake of talking! And, I heard and held my breath when I saw the powder!”

Jet chortles to himself at how this outcome came.

“Clever, but not clever enough!”

Then, he grabs a purple stone from his pocket, and throws it onto the floor, releasing smoke everywhere.

Sweetie Belle and Thorne almost couldn’t see anything, and they coughed at how strong it was. But it wasn’t enough for Sweetie Belle to not notice the Star of Worlds being grabbed by two hands, and then disappear in a flash. Then it hit her: Jet got the Star of Worlds! And he was getting away!

“HELP!!!!! HELP!!!!! THIEF IN THE CASTLE!!!!! THIEF IN THE CASTLE!!!!” Sweetie Belle screams, causing everyone to wake up and run out of bed.