• Published 5th Dec 2015
  • 1,450 Views, 11 Comments

Being from Another world - Catrina37



An artifact and an accident takes Sweetie Belle to a world full of humans, and it's not Canterlot High. She makes a new friend in a local farm girl named Megan Williams, who is willing to help her get home, leading Megan on a great adventure.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,450

The Chase

Ch. 5: Chasing a Star

Twilight, Spike, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo run out of their rooms and into the hallways, where they see Sweetie Belle and Thorne chasing after Jet as he tries to get away with the star. They were headed their way.

“Twilight! That lizard has the Star!” Spike points.

“And something tells me he’s not one of the good guys!” Apple Bloom says.

“Hey! Stop right there!” Twilight yells as she lights her horn.

But Jet didn’t plan on stopping. The moment he saw and heard the princess up ahead of him, along with the real Spike and two other fillies, he got out another shadow stone. This one being red. He throws it at the four, and when it hit them, it made them go blind in the eyes, giving him enough time and opportunity to run past them, with Sweetie Belle and Thorne still chasing him from behind.

Twilight, Spike, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo recover from the pain they were having with the eyes, the only outcome being that their eyes looked a little red and puffy from the smoke.

Scootaloo gasps when she realizes that Jet slipped past them.

“He’s getting away!” she shouts.

****

Jet runs outside as Thorne and Sweetie Belle chase after him. He puts the Star in a bag and changes into a stallion to outrun them.

“Stop! Thief!” Sweetie Belle cries.

Sweetie Belle continues to call out loudly as they chase Jet past Sugar Cube Corners, waking Pinkie Pie up, who was wearing her hair in a bun.

“Hey! Nopony invited me to this chase sequence!” Pinkie complains.

****

Thorne and Sweetie Belle chase Jet past Sweet Apple Acres.

“Come back here you overgrown lizard!” Thorne yells out.

Thorne’s yells was so loud, it woke up Applejack and the rest of her family in the territory.

“Somethin’ tells me that ruckus isn’t good,” Applejack tells her worry.

“Eeyup,” Big Mac says.

****

Thorne and Sweetie Belle chase Jet past the Canterlot Boutique. Growing tired of them being on his tail, Jet throws more red shadow stones at the two, causing them to a skid to a halt and backtrack the oncoming weapons. Avoiding them caused them to lose Jet, making him get further and further away. The commotion caused a waking Rarity to look out the window, she had her night mask on her forehead and was wearing hair curlers.

“Can’t a lady get some beauty sleep while emotionally recovering?” Rarity complains.

“Get some beauty sleep later, Rarity,” Sweetie Belle says, “The Star of Worlds is being stolen by a weird lizard guy, and it’s not Rep!”

“Oh, well that’s diff...What!?!”

Sweetie Belle and Thorne run ahead to try to catch up to the stallion disguised lizard, leaving Rarity watching with a flabbergasted look.

“Sweetie Belle! Wait!”

“No time!”

Right away, Rarity heads downstairs to get the others in order to help catch Jet.

****

Meanwhile, Jet was able to successfully allude Sweetie Belle and Thorne, and he hid in some bushes so that no one would spot him. But he knew he couldn’t hide for long, he had to find a way to escape them completely.

‘How am I going to get out of this pony-infested village?’ he wonders.

An idea suddenly pops into his head. An idea he hadn’t thought of before until now.

‘Of course! The Star is the key to my escape! And with it, I can take it straight to Master Grogar without any trouble at all!’

He gets out the Star from the bag to use its magic, a smug grin on his face at how smart of a plan it was.

“Take me to Grogar!” he commands the Star.

The moment he said his command, the Star began to crackle with electricity, glow yellow, and then float in the air. But then, the Star shorted, turned a dull color, and then started to fall to the ground. Lucky for him, he caught it.

“What?!”

He got up off the ground to try activating it again.

“I said, take me to Grogar!”

But the Star shorted out again. It seemed that when he said the name “Grogar” the amulet stopped working.

The Mane 6, the Crusaders, and the Knights suddenly appear.

“Looks like Starswirl put in a safeguard on that Star to make sure Grogar never gets it,” Twilight says.

He looked around himself for an escape route, but he found himself completely surrounded. Everyone around him was ready for anything, even Pinkie, the only difference between her and the others being that she was eating a cupcake as she stared intently at him.

“It’s over, Jet!” Scorpan says.

Jet turns his head to see Scorpan speaking to him. He turns himself back into his normal form as he faced him.

“Scorpan,” he says casually, “I see the years have been kind to you and the rest of your three rebel misfits.”

“Save the talk for later, Jet,” Scorpan responds, “Hand over the Star, and no one gets hurt.”

“Never!”

Catrina steps forward.

“Why the persistence, Jet?” she asks, “You’re surrounded. You’ll never get to Grogar with the Star.”

“But I can still take it somewhere where you’ll never find it!” he angrily says, “Take me as faraway from the ponies as you can!”

The Star once again crackled with electricity, glowed yellow, and floated in the air. It magically opens a portal to a random location.

Jet grabs the Star and diabolically laughs at how successful his command came.

“Oh no you don’t!” Sweetie Belle says as she grabs the Star with her mouth.

“Let go, you one-horned runt!”

Both struggle to take the Star from each other, pulling and pulling, but no matter how hard they tried their wills to accomplish their goals kept one of them from getting it. But Jet accidentally slips, causing him and Sweetie Belle to both fall into the portal with screams as it disappears behind them.

“SWEETIE BELLE!!!!” Rarity screams as she faints.

The others are in horror, not knowing where Sweetie Belle fell into with Jet. It could be anywhere?! Even in another world?!

****

Sweetie Belle and Jet are falling through a tunnel of colorful lights as they both pull on the Star of Worlds.

“Give me that, you little four-legged narwhal!” he ordered Sweetie Belle harshly as he tried pulling it away from her.

“No!” Sweetie Belle yells with a tug.

But when she made that tug, it caused her to let go of the Star, allowing Jet to make his getaway fast through a hole the end of the tunnel before it closed behind him.

It was then that she realized she was falling, and she screamed because of how fast gravity was taking her. Her scream came to a halt though when she saw the hole at the end of the tunnel open up again. A relieved smile came to her knowing that she found a way out. A flash of light from the hole came before her as she entered through it.