• Published 5th Dec 2015
  • 1,439 Views, 11 Comments

Being from Another world - Catrina37



An artifact and an accident takes Sweetie Belle to a world full of humans, and it's not Canterlot High. She makes a new friend in a local farm girl named Megan Williams, who is willing to help her get home, leading Megan on a great adventure.

  • ...
3
 11
 1,439

Star of Worlds

Chapter 1: The Star of Worlds

In the jungles of Southern Equestria, Daring Do traverses through bushes and palm leaves on another adventure that she would be writing about pretty soon. The mosquitoes buzz by, one of them even getting ready to have pegasus blood for dinner before Daring Do swatted it away with no problem at all.

A change of pace comes to her in the form of a meadow, where a temple completely covered in golden stars sat. A happy and excited smile comes to her face because she found what she was looking for.

“The Temple of Stars!” she said.

She gallops to the temple like a pony in a Running of the Leaves Marathon until she stops at the entrance.

‘Okay. Now how do I get inside?’ she wonders to herself.

She looked around for something that could help open the door. She found the answer to her question in the form of a puzzle on the wall. It consisted of ten stars with archaic Equestrian numbers, and each of them were in the exact same position.

‘It’s a good thing the princesses lent me a piece of paper to help me crack the temple’s code.’ she thought.

She gets out an old looking piece of paper that was the very thing she needed to crack the code and get inside the temple.

“Okay, let’s see...”

She looks at the wall puzzle one more time to make sure she counted the number of stars right. When she was sure she was right, she looked back at the piece of paper intently to have everything memorized.

“Star 5 is the first number.”

She pushed the fifth star like it was button.

“Star 2 is the second number.”

She pushed the second star.

“Star 9 is the third number.”

She pushed the ninth star.

“Star 3 is the fourth number.”

She pushed the third star.

“Star 0 is the fifth number.”

She pushed the zero star.

“Star 1 is the sixth number.”

She pushed the one star.

“And Star 4 is the final number.”

She pushed the fourth star to complete what was apparently a seven-digit number code.

Within a second, the rest of the number buttons slowly come to the same height as the pressed buttons, and the door to the temple slowly opens to grant Daring Do entry inside.

Daring Do goes inside without any hesitation at all.

Little did Daring Do know however that the jungle mosquitoes weren’t the only ones watching her. In the bushes of the jungle, six pairs of eyes watched her as she was succeeding in her mission.

It was Ahuizotl, and his cat gang. As with many adventures, they were here for the same reason: to get the Star of Worlds. The only difference being that they want to use it to free Grogar from a prison made by Starswirl the Bearded. Ahuizotl chortles to himself, knowing that everything was going according to plan so far.

“That’s right Daring Do. Be the heroic adventurer that you always are. After all, the ending of your latest book will be different when I snatch it from you, and you lose.” Ahuizotl says.

He chortles to himself again.

****

Inside the temple, Daring Do follows the stars down the hallway like she was following constellations made by Princess Luna. She keeps trotting carefully until she sees an altar with a golden star amulet.

“There it is!” Daring Do excitedly says, “The Star of Worlds! The greatest magic ever to have been made by Star Swirl the Bearded himself!”

And greatest magic she was right. According to Equestrian Legend, the Star of Worlds contains the same magic as the Crystal Mirror. It is said to have the power to take anyone to where they command to go, not just a different part of Equestria, but lands, worlds, and universes beyond it.

“After all these years, it has finally been found,” Daring Do says, “Once I get it, Grogar will have no means to escape the exile spell.”

With pride she walks straight for the star. But just when she thought everything would be okay, she accidently stepped on a button that had apparently set off a trap. A panel lifts, revealing a mess of star-shaped shuriken. Daring Do dodges them, but another panel opens on the opposite wall, the ceiling, and the floor. More shuriken shoot at her, but with excellent grace Daring Do flies and dodges in every direction until the shuriken finally run out. An exhausted Daring Do wipes the sweat off her head while she catches her breath.

“Should’ve seen that coming,” she says.

She grabs the Star with her wing and puts it around her neck. Then, she runs out of the temple with lightning speed.

****

Outside, before she can get far from the temple, Ahuizotl’s cats appear out of nowhere and surround Daring Do in a tightly made circle. There was nowhere out for her to run. Things only got more critical for her when Ahuizotl appears before her, a smug grin on his face.

“You are surrounded, Daring Do,” he says arrogantly, “Now hand me the star, lest you want your hide ripped to pieces!”

“Sorry Ahuizotl, but no can do,” she tells him, “If you want it, you’ll have to take it from me to get it.”

“Very well,” he says.

And with a snap of Ahuizotl’s tail-hand fingers, the tiger in the group leaped toward Daring Do to rip her apart. But Daring Do wasn’t going down that easily. When the tiger got close enough, she was able to slide under him, causing him to miss his target and land on his feet.

The panther was then able to take Daring Do by surprise by leaping onto her and holding onto her front hooves. However, it didn’t take long for Daring Do to to use her back hooves to kick the panther in the belly, and send him into the air falling on his back.

The lynx was the next cat to attack her by jumping onto her back, and try to grab the Star of Worlds with his claws, but Daring Do jostled him off like a bull.

The cheetah was the next to attack, but he was beaten down by Daring Do when she gave him a karate kick.

Deciding enough was enough, Daring Do started to fly away for safety sake. But before she could get high enough away from the bad guys, the tiger attacked her again by jumping on her and going for her wings. Daring Do gives the tiger a barrel roll in the sky, sending him falling down, but one of the tiger’s clawed paws scratched her wing. She grunts in pain and falls to the ground on top of the scratched wing, injuring it more. She fell faced away from Ahuizotl.

She tries to get up from her fall, but not before Ahuizotl’s shadow looms over her, blocking the sun from her view save for rays of it shining past him and his menacing grin.

“Now then, Daring Do,” he says before extending his hand, “Give me the Star of Worlds, and I will let you get out of my sight, alive.”

Daring Do didn’t have a choice. It was the amulet. Or her life. She sighs with a look of defeat.

“Alright, Ahuizotl,” she says, “It’s all yours.”

Using her uninjured wing, she grabs the Star of Worlds off of her neck. She hands Ahuizotl the amulet, and he clutched it tightly in his hand.

“Thank you for your cooperation.” Ahuizotl smugly says.

With defeat at her side, she galloped away with speed like that of a racing pony as Ahuizotl watched her leave.

Ahuizotl laughs as he held the amulet in his grip.

“At last!” he says triumphantly, “After all these years, Master Grogar can be free of Starswirl’s prison! And he and his army can finally make Equestria suffer!”

His wild cats roar with joy at how successful things were turning out for everyone.

But their moment was cut short when Ahuizotl caught the faintest scent of paint from somewhere.

“Hmmm? Is that...paint?”

His cats then start to notice the smell as well.

They felt confused.

Why was there the smell of paint?

Ahuizotl’s head and nose scanned the smell. He knew it was coming from somewhere close by. But where? His question was soon answered when his nose tracked the scent directly to his...hand.

“What?”

He opened his hand, still seeing the amulet he was holding. But suddenly, he noticed a smudge of paint on his palm, and some kind of blank spot on the side of the jewel.

That’s when he realized that this was not the Star of Worlds. It was a fake!

****

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!”

Ahuizotl’s scream was so powerful, it was enough to make a group of startled parrots fly into the sky from the tops of the trees.

****

Daring Do smiled as she ran.

As it turned out, she knew that they would be coming, so she took the time to make a copy of the amulet, using it as a decoy so that Ahuizotl wouldn’t try to empty her pockets for it. It worked.

She ran further into the jungle, getting as far away as possible from her enemies until she was certain she was safe. Her galloping came to a stop when she came to a clearing surrounded by trees.

“Perfect,” she says to herself, “Hopefully Ahuizotl won’t catch up to me.”

But her moment of being alone was short lived.

“Come back here, Daring Do!”

Ahuizotl was close by. And closer than she thought apparently, because he and his cats crashed through a bush, angry, and now more determined to get the amulet. She knew there was only one means of escape for her now.

“To Canterlot!” Daring Do shouts at the star.

The star suddenly glows bright, blinding Daring Do, Ahuizotl, and the Cats. In a matter of seconds, a portal appeared out of thin air. Daring Do was the first to recover from the star’s shine, and she immediately flew through. Ahuizotl rubbed his eyes to recover from the shine, but when they opened, all he could do was watch in humiliation as the portal closed before he could do anything else.

Ahuizotl, angry that he lost the amulet, roars in fury before he uses his hand to smash a rock that was beside him, breaking it in two.

“Curse you, Daring DO!!!!” he cries as he weeps for his defeat.

Suddenly, a small ringing sound, a lot like that of a cellphone, sounds out from his necklace. Knowing who it was, he takes out a violet ruby attached to his necklace. With a rub of his thumb he makes a magic window appear out of thin air. It was Grogar, and he was calling him by magic mirror.

“Ahuizotl. Have you recovered the Star of Worlds?” Grogar asks.

“Would almost count as something, Your Darkship Sir?” he nervously asks.

At the sound of that question and voice, Grogar realizes that he messed up.

“YOU SEED-HEADED CANINE!! DARING DO ESCAPED YOUR GRASP AND GOT AWAY WITH THE STAR, DIDN’T SHE?!”

“Uhh…Will you hurt me if I say yes?” Ahuizotl asks as he smiles sheepishly.

In response to that question, Grogar growls at him like an angry reptilian monster.

“I’ll try again, Sire! I swear!”

“Enough!”

Ahuizotl and the cats grew frightened at how furious their master became, giving a look of fright visible to Grogar.

“I have grown tired of waiting because of your incompetence. It’s time I call in a specialist to retrieve the star.”

“Really? Who, Master?”

“Who else do you think! My top chameleon spy, Jet!”

“What?! No! Not Jet! Even Daring Do doesn’t deserve that sneaky lizard!”

“All the more reason why he is perfect for this job!”

Grogar laughs maniacally as Ahuizotl and his cats continue to show a scared look on their faces. They knew that the heroes of Equestria were really in for it now.