• Published 7th Dec 2015
  • 3,999 Views, 97 Comments

The Southern Expedition - Ponelover



The Charles de Gaulle is deployed to the Guiana Passage, their discoveries will shock Equestria to it's core

  • ...
4
 97
 3,999

14th June, 2018

Boardroom of the Charles de Gaulle, 8:00AM, 3 years after event

“Officer on deck!!” a seaman shouted as both officers entered the boardroom.
“At ease everyone, let’s get this started.” the Admiral said as the meeting started.
“So I can say that we are currently patroling and engaging any Alicornian incursion coming out from the south. I will admit though that this is not easy. We are already ‘losing’ ground to the Alicorns due to sheer numbers and dogged determination.”
“That doesn’t look good at all Air Marshall. Do you have any good news at least?”
“There is one, they’ve decided to transport their troops using Airships and they are extremely easy pickings for our fighter groups. The only disadvantage our Rafales and Super Etendards have compared to the Alicorns are numbers and Ammo, our pilots have practically canceled out their Guards in terms of combat ability.”
“That’s encouraging news. I’ll submit a report about our ‘success’ to the Hexagon. Any more reports?”
“Yes, satellite images have shown something rather odd in the Alicornian port city a couple of kilometers north of the structure that jutted out a few days ago. It’s like they’re transporting something big, further recon is required but I’m afraid of sending my pilots that deep into enemy territory.”
“I can see your concern admiral, and I’m afraid that I can’t help you on that. Just keep the pressure on and delay those Alicorns to the best of your ability. In the case where penetration is imminent however, I’m issuing in a bunch of new protocols for all of you to follow.” as the Admiral puts in a bunch of reports on the desk.
“Our first order in case of a penetration (and a big one I might add) is to immediately fall back to the French outpost on the Southern Tip. This is a number one priority since I don’t want anymore unnecessary risks to be taken like the little incident involving Lafayette”
“Then immediately move forward with the second phase, which essentially ordering the remaining planes from the Charles de Gaulle to conduct close air support to any troops requiring assistance. The details can be found in the report.” she finished as the officers, air marshalls, squadron captains and captains look over the report. Some of them giving disapproving looks while other is pleasantly surprised by the thoroughness of the plan.

“Are you sure you’re going to implement this when the enemy forces their way through Admiral? It seems a bit...thorough.”
“Well Captain, you know as well as I do that thoroughness is my middle name. Sure you are allowed to improvise and take the initiative when needed, just don’t divert from the general outline and you won’t see me scream at you. Anything else?”
“Nothing at all ma’am, just wanting some clarifications.” the Captain repllied as he backed down.
“Okay then, if that’s all then I will await you at the bridge. Combat stations everyone.” as the boardroom meeting finally ended and everyone left for their respective ships.

Port of Alicornia, 10:00AM, 3 years after event

The port city of Alicornia was originally a simple fishing village just a couple of kilometers north of the old Alicornian capital. Now though, this huge city is bustling with activity as the war effort to retake the Old Alicorn empire goes full swing. Even Nes himself seems to be in a good mood as anything related to the war effort gets a visit from himself to make sure that their weapons are the best possible condition. Reports have said that a new nation going by the name of ‘France’ has allied themselves with the Tyrants leeching in Equestria and they have successfully repelled any Alicornian attempt to dislodge them from the Southern City. Truly more......drastic measures are required, and that’s why the general is here, he needs to oversee something that can turn the tide against the French.

“So what do we have?” he asked one of the technicians as the covered....thing is being moved around and inspected.
“Well, the weapon seems to be fully operational and with some effort we can produce the ammunition, this is going to take time though so please hang tight for a bit. Controlled fire is okay so you can still bring it around and shoot whatever’s left inside of it.”
“Ah...so I assume that the liquid inside is still intact? Ideally we would have the special ammo as well but I think we can work out with this” General Nes responded
“Yes General, you can still fire the weakened liquids inside...if estimations are correct then the Sun Gun should be capable, even in it’s current weakest alteration. To destroy a human ship with no problems at all”
“Is that so?”
“Yes sir, even metals have a melting point and the Sun Gun will do nicely for the job.”
“Then continue your work then. I expect the Gun to be working by nightfall”
“Of course General. For the cause.”
“For the cause indeed.” the general replied as he left the scene to do more inspections. Everything must be ready for what is to come next, if this fails then he may as well kiss goodbye to any chance of liberating pretty much anything really.

500 Kilometers North of the French Outpost, 11:00AM, 3 years after event

The foreboding atmosphere of the cargo plane was only broken by the trio of pegasi guards escorting the Princess of the Sun itself. With the Sun Princess deciding to help the French military in it’s operations in the South, she decided that it would be best for the whole group to ease her way into the chain of command, naturally she decided that a trip using a French cargo plane filled with supplies would do the trick.
Well.....now I admit this is odd, but at least I managed to study how these humans handle their logistics she thought as the humm of the A400 rumbles on.
Eventually, even the rumble of the airplane becomes too much for even Celestia to bear, so she decided that it would be best to spend the time studying her armour. “I will admit that I haven’t used this in a long time.” she quietly said as she moves her front and hind legs, getting a response from the armour as the metal clinks and her body moved.
A smile crossed Celestia’s face, yep, same everything. I still remembered when I wore the armour during our Campaigns against Nes....oh how I miss those times Celestia thought as the armor-clad Princess sits back on her bench, waiting for the green light.

Suddenly the red light that provides Illumination for the whole group turns to green. About time she thought as the 4 Ponies readied themselves.
“Guards! The light is green. You know what to do” the Princess said
“Yes your highness!”
The ramp door suddenly opens and a voice from the intercom is heard.
“You’re clear to jump I repeat you’re clear to jump.”
“That’s our sign Wonderbolts!! Go go go!!” one of her escorts shouted as the trio ran and jumped off the ramp.
Not being deterred by the height at all, Celestia grabbed her helmet and jumped off the ramp as well, joining her escort as all of them spread their wings and glided their way to a more suitable altitude.
Spitfire can you hear me? Is the mindlink working?
I can hear you loud and clear your highness.
This is Fleetfoot here, I can hear you as well.
This is Soarin, good comms. Where do we wanna go your highness?
Well I think that we need to go to the French outpost first, follow me.
Yes your highness!
Yes your highness!
Yes your highness!

The trip itself is rather long and uneventful, an obvious trait if you’re flying in what is practically tundra. With low lying grasses everywhere and the occasional random deer, she wondered how a species without magic could reliably fight in this place. How could they even hide? There’s nowhere to hide here. she thought.

15 Minutes Later

Eventually the outpost could be sighted from a distance. “There it is.” she said as they descended and landed at the front gate of the outpost.
“That’s....*pant* *pant* quite a flight *pant* Princess”
“Sorry for making the drop too early Spitfire. I just wanted to stretch my wings after spending a whole day in that....loud….cramped....box.”
“Well you got my support on that one Princess, c’mon Wonderbolts, let’s get this over with.” Spitfire said as the group entered the base and were greeted by the sight of the French General.
“Welcome to the outpost Princess Celestia, My name’s General Antoine. I presume you are our ‘reinforcement?’”
“Why of course General. Since you already know my name, why don’t you take my escorts here to their quarters?”
“Certainly your highness. Your bodyguards will be treated nicely.” he replied and motions his hand to his guards to escort the three wonderbolts to their quarters. Once the coast is clear the general lowers his tone and asks Celestia the only question worth asking.
“.....you wanna meet her?”
“I don’t think that is even a question general, show me to the containment cells please.”
“Of course Princess, right this way.” the general said as they both entered a jeep that brought them into a rather remote part of the outpost.

Alicorn Containment cells, 11:30AM, 3 years after event

As the Jeep stops in front of a seemingly plain looking building. The Princess could only stare in confusion that the building holding one of the most powerful species in the planet is so.....underwhelming. I was thinking that it will be either a citadel or a castle with powerful composite materials as well as redundant containment procedures in case of a breach!! Not this sorry excuse for a prison!! she thought as the general saluted the guards in front of the building and went inside.

At first Celestia was confused, “Are the French stupid? These walls are made out of concrete!! Concrete!!! An Alicorn will have a walk in the park if she escaped this facility!” she quietly talked to herself in concern as they went further and further into the plain, but admittedly large building. Eventually the trip went over to the containment room and Celestia saw that these French are not the stupid architects she thought when she entered the building.

The cell is small, uncomfortably small to live in actually. At first Celestia is confused, Why are they holding her in such a tight space? Doesn’t she needs some space to at least....live? she thought when she entered the cell, but inside the cell Celestia could clearly see the C4 charges lines up in practically every meter of space, the cell itself is in fact just a repository for a.....safe is the most polite word Celestia could use, It’s essentially one big metal box with a glass window in front of her when she can see the Alicorn captive. She could also sense some very powerful magicks at work as well, holding the Alicorn alongside the physical straps, horn ring and other....ammenities. She can also sense that the spell is the only thing allowing her to live a life bound in the box.
“So you managed to create something that will provide all her daily needs, most.....impressive”
“Well, it is a prefbricated cell and we are planning to move her into a more secure one, but yeah it magically takes away her bodily waste as well as providing her with food and other ammenities required for her to live. It’s also the only thing keeping her in shape as well.”
“Most impressive general, now if you would excuse me. I need to talk to her in private.” Celestia said politely
“Of course your highness. I’ll leave you be” the general responded as he walked away and closed the door behind her.

Celestia could only see the bound Alicorn with pity. It looks like this one has nearly died, if the scar on her left eye more proof enough she thought as she took off her helmet and pushed the intercom button.
“So...how have you been Blooming? I trust that the French have treated you well?” Celestia politely asked
“Don’t flatter me Tyrant!!! I do not deal with the daughter of the Despotic Alicorn King. You better make this conversation quick or I won’t guarantee your personal safety any longer.”
Celestia was slightly taken aback by her rebuttal. Such rage.......Nes really did a good job convincing his subjects as she pushed forward, unrelented by the response she got.
“Blooming, you do understand it has been more than 12.000 years after the battle of the Southern City right? I trust that you have seen the occasional odd rocks during your landing? And the fact that there are no Alicornian Imperial Guards to greet you in spells?”
“Just another plot to jump on us when we’re vulnerable Tyrant, I am not obliged nor will I ever spill information to the likes of you!!! Now begone! leave this place, I have no desire to talk to you any further.” Blooming responded which is met with only a simple headshake
“In time Blooming......you’ll understand that Ponies can change, even Tyrants like me and Luna as well. I bid you farewell for now...for all of us.”
“DON’T YOU DARE MAKE A MOCKERY OF THAT SAYING CELESTIA!!” and with that Celestia pushed the intercom button again and only heard muffled screams. She was about to leave when she found out that there are buttons on the side of the safe, “Well what do we have here?” she curiously said as she eyed the buttons.
‘Gag’
‘Strap’
‘Release’
‘Suspend’
‘Unsuspend’
‘Extra Straps (in case of increased resistance)’
‘Anesthetic’
Without even thinking, Celestia pushed the ‘Gag’ and ‘Anesthetic’ buttons and the box suddenly whirred to life. She returned back to the front end of the box only to see the still angry alicorn paralyzed by a suspension spell while a machine carrying a gag straps it on her mouth and the room was suddenly flooded with a weird gas that knocks the raging Alicorn cold.
“I’m sure the General wouldn’t mind me exercising some....authority around here” as Celestia left the cell, leaving the knocked out Alicorn to her own devices.

Somewhere in Paris, 1:00PM, 3 years after event

“So this is where you’re hiding at.” Caballeron looks in awe as the black Peugeot stops into a garage in front of a plain looking house at the 18th Arrondisement.
“We tried our best to blend in with the Berbers and it looks like those Police are too far up their assess to even bother”
“Which is of course good for our future plans....have you got the money from our source?”
“Why of course Caballeron, we already bought the best weapons whatever the black market can scrounge up these days, damn thing’s going to die soon. Damn peaceful planet.” replied one of the conspirators they entered the seemingly innocent house.

Inside the house though, Caballeron was simply greeted with awe as his colleagues have certainly prepared for the last 3 years. The transportation of France really undercut whatever’s left of the dying breed that is called high flying criminals, but apparently this terror group managed to survive and establish a working base of operations in the French capital. He didn’t knew how they managed to avoid capture but their resume has been......most impressive to say the least.

“Good because now we can begin the planning stages.” Cabelleron muttered to himself as they both sat at the lunch table
“So when are we planning the attack?”
“At the Stade de France, 24 of July 2018”
“Oh? Is the President coming?”
“Not neccesarily, but it will serve as a symbol for the French people, reminding them that despite being the great power it is today. They will bow down to the great Allah that will guide us to ultimate victory”
“Allah Ackbar my friend”
“Oh yes, Allah’s will and all that. But what’s going to happen after that? we don’t exactly have friendly states that are willing to sponsor us y’know?”
“Oh don’t worry about that, we are going to New Sartre and we’re going to hide our asses there for a few months. Damn territory’s too sparsely policed. Fucking infidels, they won’t find us.”
“Can you please refrain from using profanities Mr Omar? We may be criminals but we do have class.”
“Oh shut your trap Caballeron, if it’s not for Ahuitzotl’s personal vouch you wouldn’t be here.”
“And I will have payment for my services correct?”
“Why yes of course Mr Caballeron, in fact,” as Omar lifted a large bag from the bottom, unzipped it and shows Caballeron the 100 Euro bills within “We are ready to make our first payment.”
“Excellent then, oh and gentlemen, I must say that this is where we part ways...for now. I’ve got work to do” Caballeron replied as he left the building with a hooffull of 100 Euro bills, in truth he didn’t want to work with these guys. But with that dastardly Daring Do equipping herself with French magical gauntlets, jobs are getting harder and harder to come by. Let’s hope this job won’t blow in the first day though....ugh I hate that job in Manehattan so much, not only is Daring there but the Elements were present as well! It was pure luck that I managed to escape capture, thank the gods for that Caballeron thought as he blended in the busy streets of Paris.

Chuoko, Kirin Empire of Amaterasu, 2:00PM, 3 years after event

Empress Otsune is having a pretty good day, she just finished her lunch and has formally opened another new factory in the Niigata district up north. Just like Equestria, her Empire is now prospering as the wealth of technology coming from France completely shook the foundations of the Kirin Empire. Plans for a National Assembly is underway and the Domain system is being revamped to reduce the authority of the Daimyos and centralize the power of the Empress over all of her domains. Immigration from many countries such as Saddle Arabia, Equestria and Zebrica is up as well. She just finished talks with the Zebra ambassador about accommodating Zebran culture and sensitivities in her Empire and it ended up with both hooves shaking as an agreement was reached.

“And to think that I was a busy mare already. Heh at this rate, my Children will be playing video games by the time I reach 40.” the young empress said as she reviewed another set of papers sent from her assistant about land grants and labor laws in her empire. Ah the usual boring stuff she thought as she reviewed the paper, signing and not signing it as she goes about her day.
“News from the front your majesty.” a messenger said as he enters into her throne room and bows to the Queen.
“Thank you very much Takeshi, you may leave now.”
“Of course your highness.” he responded as he left the throneroom to herself and her guards.
“Now let’s see...hmm okay, French forces engaged by Alicorns, Lafayette suffered heavy damage, and the war’s just beginning! Perfect!” she exclaimed as she puts the letter aside. To think that in 3 years, the human nation would once again be protecting Equestria from threats outside their control.
I had no idea that these humans would go so far to protect these Ponies from threats......well I wouldn’t blame them since my empire would be in danger too if the Alicorns succeeded, but still. It is a pretty admirable thing for them to do though, I know I wouldn’t risk so much to protect a faraway nation across the oceans she thought as she signed another piece of paper.

“But now that I think of it, it would certainly elevate our national image if we did intervene in a positive manner to the war......guard!”
“Yes your majesty?”
“Bring me the minister of foreign matters and the minister of war, we need to talk about issues of national importance.”
“Of course your majesty.” the guard responded as he trotted out from the throneroom to summon her ministers.
“Well...let’s hope this will be beneficial” she quietly said as she waited for her ministers to arrive.

15 Minutes later

“You called us your majesty?” Foreign Minister Sakoda Tayuki said as he entered the throne room.
“Yes and the Minister of War is here too! Perfect, now we can talk about important foreign issues. Sit down and make yourselves comfortable, this is going to be a long day for all of us.”
“Well, as long as you’re treating us to dinner than everything’s okay then Empress.” War Minister Yanagi jokingly responded as the palace guards brought in beanbag chairs for them to sit on.
“So let’s get this straight, you want to send Equestrian aid for the French? You do know that the only place you can send them is in Port Aux Francais right? And the people there are not exactly starving.” Sakoda said
“Well, I was hoping that we need to support our major ally in this conflict and I was thinking about not sending our soldiers to die in battle against an enemy only the French are capable of defeating. Please do understand here, I and to a lesser extent the Empire itself is feeling like we’re dead weight, even Equestria is sending over their Sun Princess to join the battle.”
“Well I do understand but we don’t exactly have a lot to offer now don’t we? Sure our Swordsmen are masters of their art, sure the newly formed artillery divisions might do some damage. But we don’t exactly have incredibly powerful magical artifacts in our arsenal....our only advantage is food production really.”
“I have to agree with Sakoda here your highness, we are just not ready. The Imperial army is not fit to fight this war.” Yanagi said which only brought a sour face from the Empress, but then, much to the surprise of both the War and Foreign Ministers, the Empress eyes lit up like she just got inspiration from Amaterasu herself.
“Wait Sakoda....you said food right?”
“Y-yes?”
“Then why don’t we send them foodstuffs then...yes that will work, you know what I’m talking about right Sakoda?”
“Yes your highness....it is most unusual but we do have the ability to send food supplies to supplement the French war effort”
“Then it is done then, I will talk with the Agricultural minister about this but you are to leave to France tomorrow, further orders will be given to you through the embassy.”
“Of course your highness, I will pack my bags immediately.” the Foreign Minister replied as he left the room.