• Published 7th Dec 2015
  • 3,999 Views, 97 Comments

The Southern Expedition - Ponelover



The Charles de Gaulle is deployed to the Guiana Passage, their discoveries will shock Equestria to it's core

  • ...
4
 97
 3,999

21st June, 2018

Author's Note:

IT'S DONE!! FINALLY IT'S DONE!!!

Man i'm so satisfied with finishing this chapter. Oh and sorry for the VERY long update, school's been hell lately.

Last edited on the 31st of March, 2016

TF1 Headquarters, 1:00PM, France, 3 years after event

Welcome to le 13 heures, I’m your host Jean Pierre Pernaut. Let’s look at today’s headlines

Major victory for France

Defense Minister announces Kirin aid has arrived at Calais

President addresses National Assembly, asks for national solidarity

*Intro rolls again*

Hello and welcome back to le 13 heures. And major news for the day, a French victory has been announced by Defense Minister Jean Yves le Drien at the Balard just 2 hours ago, he claims that French forces initiated a ‘decisive’ counterattack on the Alicorn city of Alicornia.

*Cuts to a scene of the French Sefense Minister exiting his car*

Just last night, France initiated a counterattack on the city of Alicornia, the defense minister claims that the opération ‘destroyed a very precious weapon possessed by the enemy’.

“And here, we can see from footage of the exploding warehouse that the weapon has been confirmed destroyed. Satellite photography has further confirmed of it’s destruction as well.”

Assisting the French in this endeavor in Princess Celestia herself, the Solar Diarch of Equestria personally assisted the French in the destruction of what is called the ‘sun gun.’ It is claimed that if the opération is not successful, this ‘sun gun’ could hinder French efforts to halt Alicornian Aggression

*Cuts to a scene of Princess Celestia being interviewed*

“Oh yes, the Sun Gun is a very dangerous weapon. It must not be underestimated and we couldn’t let it be in enemy hooves any longer. I applaud my French allies in their efforts to stop Alicornian aggression and if the Sun Gun was still intact, this war would become much harder for us all.”

With the Sun Gun destroyed. French forces should have an easier time conducting their operations against the Alicorn foe. This is Friedrich Markus, TF1 news.

*Cuts back to newsroom*

The current defense minister Jean Yves Le Drien has announced that the Kirin aid promised by Amaterasu has arrived at the city of Calais. Our reporter Daphne has more on the issue.

*Cuts to Calais Port*

“Calais, once the bustling port where the channel tunnel runs. Is now expecting a new kind of arrival.”

*Cuts to a Kirin ship*

“This is the MV Kazuda Suboke. A Kirin tradeship sent by the Empire in their effort to help French forces fighting in the South. This ship brings with them rice, vegetables and other Kirin foods such as seaweed and the occasional fish. They will be transferred to a military cargo plane at Paris to be supplied down south.”

“The Kazuda Suboke and the hundreds of Kirin ships behind her is part of a wider Kirin effort to support the French war against the Alicorns. Posters supporting French troops are being propped up throughout Amaterasu with the Kirin Foreign Minister having this to say,”

*Cuts to scene where the Kirin Foreign Minister is speaking*

“It is in the interest of Amaterasu and the world of Equis at large to help the French in their holy battle against the Alicorns. We pray to Amaterasu herself for safety and hope that the war against the Alicorns will be over with French troops marching at Manshira. Thank you.”

*Cuts back to reporter*

“As you can see. Despite going to this war originally alone. France now has the support of both Equestria and Amaterasu, and it looks like the Kazuda is about to unload her cargo. This is Daphne from TF1 news, returning back to headquarters.”

*Cuts to newsroom*

“In a move expected to happen. The President Ayrault addressed the National Assembly today with a rousing speech calling for National Assembly. Pointing out that France has scored a major victory against the Alicorns during Operation Guerriere.”

*Cuts to a scene where President Ayrault is addressing the National Assembly*

“Fellow members of the French National Assembly. I came with you today bringing good news. French forces fighting against the ancient Alicorns have destroyed a vital piece of their infrastructure. As we can see from this picture above, Operation Guerriere has been a resounding success done by our most capable French Armed Forces and allies. Air cover as well as strategic bombing of the city has allowed our special forces to set charges on the Sun Gun and destroyed it in the process.”

*Assembly members clap*

“But the brave men fighting for all Frenchmen and women cannot do it without the support of the French people. This might be a mission accomplished but they could only do this with France supporting behind them. I ask the National Assembly right now to pledge solidarity alongside all of France in this conflict, this might be our most important hour during our stay on this alien world and we need our wit, strength and spirit to persevere!!”

*Rousing clap with Assembly members standing in support*

“This will not be an easy conflict proud members of the assembly. We will lose lives, we will see crushed families and we will see the death of our citizens. But fear not, for they will not die in vain!! France will remember them as heroes that died protecting this world and our country. Thank you very much for your support Assembly members. Vive le Republique et Vive le France!!!”

*Cuts back to newsroom*

“Thank you very much for tuning in to Le 13 Heures. This is Jean Pierre Pernaut signing off”

*Roll outro*

Artifact research labs, 2:00PM, 3 years after event

“Princess Celestia did what!?!” Twilight responded, obviously not happy for the fact that the Princess has joined the French task force during operation Guerriere.
“Yes Twilight, Princess Celestia has attacked Alicorn forces and has returned safely. You can call her if you want.”
“That’s not the problem Robert! Princess Celestia didn’t informed ME of all ponies about all of this!!! What was she thinking!?! Is her deployment to the South so important that I was not informed?!?”
“Calm down Twily, i’m sure it’s just an honest mistake. I’ll call Celestia’s number and let’s get this over with shall we?”
“Hmph! Fine then Robert, you call Celestia and we’ll see why she didn’t inform her oh so prized student about her little expedition!” Twilight responded.

In truth despite the amount of concern for her mentor. Twilight felt mostly disapointment running through her veins. Why didn’t she tell me? Is my job as an artifact researcher so important that Celestia didn’t want to bother me? I might be overthinking this but why?!? A simple phonecall would suffice!! she thought as mixed emotions ran through her brain and makes Twilight a very confused mare.

“Twilight!”
“Yes Robert?”
“Celestia’s on the line, come quick!!”
“Ok ok don’t knock your socks off” Twilight responded as she approached the only phone on the lab connected to the outside world. As she lights her horn up and bring the phone close to her ears. She hears a voice she haven’t heard for ever since she took the job as an artifact researcher.

“Hello there my faithful student.”
“P-p-princess?”
“Why yes Twilight, it’s me Celestia. What else could I be, Nightmare Moon?” Celestia jokingly responded
“Oh thank the godesses you’re alive. But why didn’t you tell me? Did you forgot? Think I wasn’t as important as I used to be?”
“Of course not Twilight, don’t make assumptions like that, I’ll always love you no matter what.”
“But why didn’t you tell me?”
………
The line just stopped, Twilight first thought that her suspicions were on track with the silence she’s getting, but then she heard the response
“Because I don’t want you to worry too much Twilight”
“W-wha?”
“Twilight, you have been striving to be the best at everything ever since you’ve gained your cutie mark. While I must applaud you in your determination as well as the fruits of that determination, you always worry about my state and it worries me so much.”
“So I decided to not inform you about my involvement in the operation just to ease your mind. Although now I understand this has kinda backfired on me but my point still stands, I can take care of myself Twilight, don’t overexert yourself.”
“B-but I must Celestia!! The fate of Equestria and the world depends on me doing my best here at the labs.”
“No it doesn’t Twilight, I know that a phone call might not be a good medium to teach you another lesson but I felt that I should do this for your sake.”

“Don’t do everything yourself Twilight.”
“W-wha?”
“You heard me right Twilight, sometimes not everything can be controlled. Sometimes you should let other people make decisions for themselves, because sometimes we are not as perfect as we want to be.”
“O-okay?”
“I’m serious about this Twilight. Just...trust me and trust your friends, we won’t let you down”
“............O-okay I-I guess, it’s just I haven’t done this thing before. I always organize everything down to the tiniest detai-”
“And now is the time for you to do another form of organization Twilight.”
“If that’s your wish Princess Celestia, then…..s-so be it”
“And I’m glad that you have chosen to follow my wish, speaking of wishes. How are your studies Twilight? I trust that the book I gave to you is still intact yes?”
“Oh of course Princess! I just recently finished ley line tapping and I’m about to move into dark magic, oh this is so exciting!!! But I’m kinda worried as well.”
“Don’t worry Twilight, all the pages detailing about the more corruptive dark magic spells have been torn out. Just have a clear mind when you are reading about Dark Magic Twilight, it can be extremely dangerous”
“Understood Princess Celestia!! Oh I need to go now, gotta do my….research I guess.”
“*chuckles* Of course Twilight, see you later”

Somewhere in Paris, 4:00PM, 3 years after event

Caballeron is not a happy pony.

He’s forced to snitch for French Intelligence, his afternoon is ruined and now he has to meet up with the terrorists again. “Why does this happen to me” he muttered as he entered the car and it drove off to the busy streets of Paris.

After a couple minutes of driving the car finally stops at the safehouse again. Caballeron trotted out of the car and is greeted with the same sight. AK-47s being cleaned up, RPGs being handled carefully, grenade boxes being ferried around for the eventual operation and right in the middle of it is Mr Mahmoud Abbas. The leader of operations and current leader of this group.

“Ah Mr Caballeron you have returned. I assume that the ‘preparations’ are complete yes?”
“Of course Mr Mahmoud, I am not overly lazy afterall” HAH suck it DGSE!! Good luck finding the ‘place’.
“Excellent! all preparations are ready and now we just wait.” The leader replied.

Strangely enough, just after the leader said that Caballeron just got an idea, it’s probably risky but I might do it anyway. Anything to screw those bastards that implanted this chip in me he thought.

“Hey Mr Mahmoud, can I...stay here for a while? I’m feeling a bit ‘uncomfortable’ with the luxury hotel, it looks like I’m being followed or something.”
And with that the face of Mahmoud suddenly begins to turn.
“You said you were….being followed?”
“Yes, I tried shaking them off but it looks like I can’t seem to lose them.”
“Then it appears our worst fears have been realized. Omar! Bring in those bastards who’re sleeping and put them into sentry duty immediately! You, Caballeron are going to live with me while we wait it out until the day of the attack.” the leader replied
“Oh. O-of course Mr Mahmoud.” Caballeron meekly replied. Hah! take that, now good luck assaulting a fully armed house DGSE, I would like to see you try.

Manshira, 6:00PM, 3 years after event

With the destruction of the Sun Gun. Manshira was suddenly swarmed with activity. The once confident Alicornian armies were shocked at their defeat in Alicornia. Nes himself was less than pleased with the results as well and he knew that if there are no signs of victory soon, the entire campaign would collapse and the chances of saving Equestria from the Tyrant Princess would be zero.

“And that is why I’m proposing for an immediate attack on the Human ship” He said to his board of generals, the reaction was less than pleasing. It is to be expected, we haven’t scored a major victory for quite awhile.
“Umm commander?” asked one of his generals
“Yes what is it?”
“After the attack on Alicornia, are you sure this is a wise move? Our defenses have been breached once and we should prepare for a second attack if the enemy is this capable. We haven’t encountered an equal enemy after the fall of the southern city after all.”
“And it seems that we have encountered an equal force as well yes. But licking our wounds while doing nothing will not do anything positive to morale and to the war effort!”
“But sir, the enemy has destroyed the Sun Gun, how are we supposed to reliably counter the enemy now?”
“We can always rebuild that weapon. They may have destroyed the gun but the blueprints are still intact. And as for reliably countering the enemy.”

The Commander smirked and unveils a map showing the carrier battlegroup. “Let’s just say that after the attack these ‘French’ may have kinda gutted their own air guard as well.”
“Nes! You know the last time we attacked that ship right? The 2nd Legion was nearly destroyed!!! Are you insane enough that you want to attack that ship again?”
“Calm down Henirum!! After the attack one of the ships are moving out to wherever the enemy’s country is located and fortunately enough for us. This ship is moving alone, now this attack will be very risky but if we were to succeed, well let’s just say that we just boost the morale of our troops.” replied the Commander
“So what do we have that are capable of intercepting that ship. Most of the Air Guard is now stationed in Alicornia to prevent an attack.”
“Oh I know one legion General. Say, have you heard of Unit 435?”

Suddenly the room fell in silence

“General. You do know that the Unit should only be used in emergencies right?”
“Oh and you’re saying that the attack on Alicornia is not an emergency right? No that legion is suitable for the job. They are known for their speed and agility when striking after all.”
And with that the doors suddenly opened. Revealing Captain Rainbow Streak, leader of the Unit 435.
“Hello there Captain Streak.” The commander said, “I assume you have your units on standby already?”
“Yes Commander, my legion is on standby and are awaiting your orders.”
“Good, you will personally lead the attack. The rest of you are to fill your posts and fortify our borders against more ‘French’ attacks, dismissed!”

Everfree Forest, 9:00PM, 3 years after event

With the French fighting the Alicorns as well as Princess Celestia herself, the sudden disappearance of Daring Do is thought to be the adventurer up to her old antics again. Little did they know that Daring Do has been appointed by Princess Luna to brave the wilds of the Everfree the reach something she called ‘The Tree of Harmony’, and by the looks of it she may not be far from reaching her destination.

“And you just detected the magical disturbance just yesterday? I thought there’s always magical activity around the forest.” Daring asked
“While in this forest that is to be assured Daring Do, this magical disturbance is seriously out of the blue.” a certain Zebra shaman replied
“So you’re saying this came out right out of nowhere? No wonder Luna asked me to go.”
“I always have faith in Luna’s wisdom, before her fall, she has always led your people from great schisms.”
“Yeah….it’s a shame she had to fall to the Nightmare. But anyway, we are not far right Zecora?”
“Correct Daring Do” Zecora responded as the long winding pathways of the Everfree suddenly changed to the lone old castle of the Two Sisters.

“Ah majestic the castle is, for below it a great secret lies within.”
“What do you mean Zecora? Is there something below this castle? Why haven’t I heard of it?” Daring replied, curious into what the secret is
“Ah Daring Do, I thought you knew? The Tree of Harmony is down there somewhere, The tree is the source of all harmony Equestria brews and unfortunately it’s light is fading fast due to wear and tear.”
“Uhhh we don’t brew magic Zecora?”
“I know Daring Do, I rhymed it just because I must do”
“Oh okay then…...is there a way downstairs?”
“Down this way Daring Do” Zecora replied as her hoof pointed at a bunch of stairs leading down the castle of the two sisters.

As the two ponies trotted down the stairs, Daring Do’s eyes widen as the tree reveals itself to the adventurer’s eyes. Wow! So this is the tree that keeps Equestria in balance all these years she thought as the small group finally reaches the tree. It’s light fading and the tree seemingly dying.

“Well that doesn’t look like a healthy tree” Daring replied which is only met with a nod from Zecora
“For a long time the elements have been withdrawn from the Tree, now it’s light is dying and nopony’s responding to it’s Plea”
“Well you got that right, and that’s why I bought these babies” Daring replies as she grabs her saddlebag and brought out all the elements of harmony
“Yes Zecora I know what you’re thinking, but I already asked permission from Luna to do this, I swear!!!”
“Fine then Ms Do, but do not blame me if you’re thoroughly screwed.”
“Of pshkh! C’mon Zecora what could go wrong? We return the elements back to the tree and we’ll go back to Ponyville again, cute and simple right?”

“Or you would encounter another thing entirely little pony.” replied someone behind them. Realizing that there is someone behind her, Daring Do’s reflexes kicked in and she backpedaled behind the tree as fast as she could.
“Who are…...you?” Daring replied as she sees what’s in front of her. “No seriously who are you?” she further inquired, curious into what lies in front of her. Her bodyshape is seriously messed up, she could easily tower over Celestia yet she is clearly no Alicorn, she has a two pronged horn (how is that possible?) that juts right out of her head and Daring could roughly judge her horn length to that of Celestia, and her mane and tail is unlike anything she's ever seen. Who is she?
“Oh me? I think you know very well who I am right little pony? Don’t Celestia and Luna told you stories about their parents?” the weird pony asked
“W-wait you’re one of Celestia’s parents!?!?” Daring exclaimed, this is extremely unprecedented even for her, Daring assumed that the Royal Sister’s parents died millenia ago! To think that one of them survived all this time.
“Why yes I am, my name’s Solaria. Although that name’s a bit out of date with my new look. Call me Harmony instead”
“O-oooookay?”
“So I will assume then that my daughters did not tell you about their parents and our….kerfuffle, oh no matter then, please to meet you misses?”
“Daring Do and Zecora, s-so do you want these back?” Daring replied as she gave Harmony the...Elements of Harmony.
“Oh? Why thank you.” Harmony replied as her horn lit up in a faint purple glow, grabbing all six elements and putting it back to the tree.

Immediately after putting the elements back, the tree brightened up in a sea of light, only in a matter of seconds the dying tree of harmony is now full of life again. Illuminating the cave in which the tree grew once again.
“And now with the tree safe, why don’t you guide me back to where the capital of the Empire is right now. Surely you do know of the Empire yes?”
“Uhh the what now?” Daring replied.

Harmony immediately facehoofed. Let’s hope my coma didn’t last for too long, oh I hate having to adjust myself to whatever change my daughters brought into the empire she thought.