• Published 26th Nov 2015
  • 5,579 Views, 157 Comments

Coming Up OOO - shinigamisparda



Displaced Kamen Rider OOO comes to Equestria. Can our wannabe hero be a symbol of hope?

  • ...
16
 157
 5,579

An Extraordianry Purchase / Monster Attack! / A Hero Arrives!

“You sure you want to do this?”

“Yeah, I’ll be ok! I’ve been practising all month!”

“You’ve been… practising?”

“Yeah! Got to be wary of the crowds, right?”

She smiled sadly and hugged him gently. “That’s right, you do. We’ll be back by eight, so be at the front gate then, ok?”

He hugged her back. “Sure. And I’ve got my phone on full charge. I’ll call you if I need you.”

Katsuo nodded to his mother and gingerly walked up the stairs leading to the convention center, making sure not to bump into anyone else. It was a difficult journey, trying not to bump into anyone as he entered, and in fact he did make contact twice, but luckily both were only slight taps.

Wow, this was a lot harder than I thought, he thought to himself before reaching into his satchel and pulling out a granola bar. This might not have been a good idea… nah, it’ll be worth it. He continued to walk inside, the area to walk thankfully getting bigger, before moving over to the the merchandise areas. Unfortunately, most of the stands were extremely crowded. Oh boy… well, I guess I better get ready for another game of “don’t touch anything.”

“Hey kid! You got your underwear?” a voice called out, its owner clearly heard above the crowd.

Katsuo turned to see a stand that was, rather strangely, completely open. The attendant was dressed in Kamen Rider Joker’s armor and waving jauntily, his other hand sweeping over the absolute piles of Kamen Rider merchandise scattered over the table, along with the rest of the merchandise scattered over the rest of the area.

Katsuo just stared for a moment before he smiled from ear to ear, squealing like a little schoolgirl before rushing over, making sure to stop himself a few paces away so he didn’t crash into the stand. He stared a few more moments at the vendor with that goofy smile before finally managing to utter one word.

“Hi!”

“Well hello there, little Eiji!” the vendor clapped his hands, the helmet’s eyes lighting up as he spoke. “What brings you here today, hmm? Come to browse Uncle Joker’s wares?”

“Oh my gosh, that outfit’s amazing! It must’ve cost a fortune to make!”


The vendor chuckled and made a winking motion with the lights, “Not as much as you might think- ah, but that’s a trade secret.”

“Aw! I was hoping you could tell me how to make my own OOO armor!” Katsuo pouted. “I mean, I made all this myself, but working with bulky plastic armor pieces and working with fabrics aren’t really that similar.”

“Quite right, kiddo,” Joker mused, tapping his chin. “Ah!” he suddenly exclaimed, diving under his stall and popping up with a cell medal that he flipped like a coin and held out to Katsuo, “What is your desire?”

Katsuo laughed before checking over his head. “Sorry, no coin slots here,” he joked. “Although, I would like to see anything OOO related you’ve got.”

Joker tossed the medal away and chuckled again, waving his hand over the pile of merchandise and causing it to explode into a puff of smoke, clearing away to reveal an almost endless amount of OOO related merchandise, from the OOO Driver to the Core Medals to even a copy of Ankh’s arm. “Well, little Eiji, does this satisfy your wish?”

Katsuo practically exploded with delight, not even caring at how the items appeared before him. “Ah! Oh my gosh, I can’t believe it! Look at all this stuff! And so real, too!” He grabbed the OOO driver with both hands and picked it up. “Whoa. That’s heavier than I thought,” he muttered. He then set it down and picked up Medajalibur, carefully holding it with both hands. “Wh-Whoa!? Is this real metal? I thought all this stuff would be plastic!”

Joker shook his head, “Only the best for my customers, and thus I use metal. See anything you want?”

“Are you kidding me!? What isn’t here that I want!? Well, let’s get the important ones out of the way. How much for the OOO driver!?”

“For such a dedicated fan of Kamen Rider…. well, my prices are normally much higher, but… I think I’ll cut it down to twenty dollars, just for you. Whaddaya say?” Joker held out the Driver, showing Katsuo the twenty dollar price tag on it.

“SOLD!” Katsuo replied,immediately forking over the bill. “And now the core medals! Which ones do you have? Oh! Do you have the Burakawani combo, too!?”

Joker immediately reached behind him and placed down a large coin counter in front of Katsuo, its rows filled with separated and organized Core Medals, an entire stack of coins in each slot. “What do you think, hmm? That’s a dollar per medal, by the way.”

Katsuo counted with his finger for a moment before pulling out twenty one dollars, before hesitating. “You know, I was just thinking, it might be a bad idea if I didn’t have ten of each color.” He then chuckled. “I might accidentally summon a Greeed.”

“That would be rather bad. So, ten of each, then?” Joker asked, pressing the levers on each slot and dumping out medals.

“Guess I’ll need something to carry them in,” he added as he pulled out three twenties and a ten. “I don’t suppose you have the case that Hina made?”

Said case was placed down next to the coin holder. “I don’t suppose you mean this case?” Joker smirked, the eyes of his helmet flashing brightly.

“Yup! Though, I guess it was never made to hold more than one of each Core Medal,” he noted. He then laid his eyes on a different driver. “Hey, how much for Birth’s belt?”

“Same as OOO’s, kid. Twenty bucks,” Joker plonked Birth’s belt down next to the case and then held up a massive canister of medals. “I suppose you’d need the matching canister, eh? This one’s the pricey one. Fifty bucks.”

“Ah, you’ve got Date’s Cell Medal container, too! Just what I was going to ask next!” he said as he went back to his wallet. “By the way, how much for the flip case again?”

“Five bucks,” Joker replied immediately, tapping the price sticker.

“Right. So that makes another… seventy five. And how much for Medajalibur?”

“Ooh, good choice,” Joker commented, holding up the blade and running his hand along it like a certain magenta Rider. “Thirty five bucks.”

“So we can round that out to… one ten,” he said, fishing out the necessary bills. “And since I’m getting the Birth belt and case, how much for the Birth Buster?”

Joker tapped his chin, “Well, considering everything, let’s just pop it up to twenty, yeah? Round out everything to a nice two hundred bucks. Agreed?” He held out the Birth Buster, handle first.

Katsuo took it, surprised at its weight, before extending a thumbs at the vendor. “Joker-chan, Nice!” he said in a Japanese accent. “But Birth isn’t any use without Cell Medals,” he added as he set the weapon down on the table and paid the vendor.

“The canister is full, you know. That’s why it’s the most expensive one outside of the bulk of Core Medals you bought,” Joker tapped the canister, causing it to rattle.

Katsuo looked surprised before shaking in joy. “Thank you so much! Oh, you have no idea how much this means to me! Oh man, I don’t even think I’ll touch this stuff after I take it home, I don’t want to risk breaking it! Oh, and while we’re here, let’s-” he began only to check his wallet. “Ah, mou! That’s all I’ve got!” he whined. “Looks like no Candroids for now at least.”

Joker reached over and patted Katsuo gently on the shoulder, “Hey, it’s fine. There’s always next year, right? And maybe not even then; you might find me in other places for other things, who knows?”

Katsuo flinched and scurried away before checking his shoulder before sighing in relief. “Sorry. I, um… my bones break kinda easily. I-I wasn’t upset at you touching me or anything like that.” He bowed. “Please forgive me, I didn’t mean to be rude.”

“No no, it’s fine, I should have realised earlier,” Joker apologized, bowing deeply.

“Heh, it’s kinda funny, right? All the Kamen Riders are amazing physical fighters, but I’d probably be put in the hospital if I got pushed too hard,” Katsuo chuckled half-heartedly as he put all of his newly bought merchandise either in his satchel or into the container he just bought. “I guess if a Yummy was to be made from me, it’d be stealing other people’s durability or something like that. Boy, that would make me feel even worse.”

“Well, that may be true but…” Joker leaned forward and motioned for Katsuo to come a little closer. “I’mma let you in on a secret, kid.”

“Hm?” Katsuo complied, leaning forwards and getting close enough to hear a whisper.

“I could probably fix your bones. I’m a doctor, too, y’know?” Joker winked at Katsuo, pulling on a lab coat that he’d gotten from under his stall.

“Wh-What? Hey, Joker-san, that’s not nice to lead me on like that,” Katsuo complained. “No doctor can just get rid of a genetic defect like mine,” he pouted.

“You’re right, I can’t get rid of it,” Joker admitted, before he spun around dramatically and, in a flash of white hidden by the coat, suddenly became Kamen Rider Kabuto! “But!” he pointed at the sky in Kabuto’s signature pose, “I can cure your disease! For I am the man who walks the path of Heaven! And as my grandmother always said: Those who give up hope are doomed to failure!”

“Wh-What!? H-How-!? You-!? EEEEEEEH!?” Katsuo spluttered, stepping back a bit.

Kabuto inclined his head towards Katsuo and waved a hand over his form, dissolving into a cloud of flickering pink rectangles and stepping out as Decade, pointing at Katsuo. “Katsuo Pollux. You’ve been chosen. Accept this offer and become far more than you’ve ever dreamed- a Kamen Rider. I can heal you of your ailments, but only if you take my hand.” Decade held out his hand, letting it blaze with shadowy power.

Katsuo could only stare, one part of him desperately trying to process what was happening, another practically screeching with joy. Before he even realized what he did, he took the man’s hand.

Decade disappeared, only to be replaced by a being of shadows with two brightly glowing eyespots crinkled into a palpable smile. “I knew you’d make the right choice, kid. When you wake up, everything will be great. And don’t worry about your friends and family. I’ll let them know that you’re safe and sound. Well… more or less,” Aaron shook Katsuo’s hand twice and snapped his fingers.

And everything went dark.


“C’mon, Twilight! Hurry it up!” Spike shouted.

“I’m coming as fast as I can!” the lavender unicorn panted back.

Another one of those monsters? This is the third time!

Twilight and her assistant raced towards the sound of screaming ponies, barely dodging through the mass of bodies to find Applejack and Rainbow Dash already engaged with some kind of feline looking creature, standing on two legs and look like some kind of tiger with battle armor and three inch long blades coming from each finger.

The beast took a swipe at Applejack, who ducked down before unleashing one of her devastating kicks on the monster, managing to make it stumble a bit and knocking a few of those strange coins out of it. Rainbow followed up from behind, slamming a divekick its head, managing to also knock some coins out of it. The creature responded quickly and slashed her along the leg, causing her to shout in pain and fall to the ground.

“Rainbow!” Twilight shouted.

“Dangnabit! Yer gonna get it fer that!” Applejack shouted and rushed the creature, grabbing it around the waist as she charged, managing to push it several feet before it began to force itself back. “Twi, get ta work!”

“Right!” she replied, holding her hands out in front of her as her horn glowed with energy, a ball of violet energy appearing in between her palms, her brow furrowing in concentration. The beast saw this and grabbed ahold of Applejack before tossing her aside then swinging one of its arms at the unicorn, unleashing a tornado of air that sent her flying as she screamed.

“Twilight!” Spike shouted before turning back to face the creature, growling before inhaling deeply and breathing fire on the monster. Unfortunately, the paltry attack did little but annoy the creature, who kicked the young dragon aside.

“Spikey-wikey!” Rarity shouted in terror as she, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy arrived, rushing over to check on him.

“It’s ok,” he assured her. “Dragon scales and all. Still hurts though.”

“Oh dear! This isn’t going well, is it?” Fluttershy asked to nopony in particular as she hid behind Pinkie.

“Looks like we’ve got to keep it busy until help comes,” Pinkie stated as she stood up. “Spikey, you need to send a letter to-”

"Henshin!” someone shouted. They all turned to see who it was, only to be met with some sort of bright spectacle coming towards them, obscuring whomever it was.

TAKA! TORA! BATTA! Ta-To-Ba! TaToBa Ta-To-Ba!

With that strange tune something jumped and kicked the tiger monster, sending it flying through the air for several feet before falling to the ground. Everypony turned to stare in shock at the new arrival, taking in its appearance.

Black was by far the most dominant color, being everywhere where other colors were not, and it was instantly obvious that this was some kind of armor. It had two large green lenses in place of eyes, and a design that looked like a red bird fanning its wings on its face. Its gauntlets were yellow and its forearms had a design that looked like blades being folded backwards. Its boots were green, as were what looked like linked greaves running all the way to its knees. Across its waist was a belt of some kind, mostly silver in color, with the buckle being black and turned at an angle, sloping down from right to left, with what appeared to be three coins placed within them; the one on the right red, the middle yellow, and the left green. On the right side of its hip was a black and yellow disc of some kind, on the left was an attachment that looked like it carried something within it, and attached to the back was a single-edged sword; mostly black with some blue stripes and silver across the blade. The most prominent feature however was the large circle on its chest that was split into three sections. The top was red and had a pattern that looked like a bird ready to take flight, the middle and largest part was yellow and looked like the face of some kind of large cat, and the bottom was green with a pattern that looked something like a grasshopper. In addition, a red line ran up from the top to its head, yellow lines ran from the middle to each shoulder before running down to its hands, and green lines ran down to its legs. Despite the fact this being was quite short, even shorter than Rainbow Dash, it stood with confidence.

The being turned to face Applejack and Rainbow Dash before extending a thumbs up to them. “You did a good job! But I’ll take it from here!” it announced, its voice being clearly masculine, but also sound quite young.

At that moment the feline monster rose and growled, catching everypony’s attention. The being crossed its arms in response, the yellow parts of its outfit glowing for a moment before he swung them out to the side, the bladed looking parts of his gauntlets folding forwards and becoming claws as he took a battle stance and rushed forwards. The monster charged forward to meet him and swung one of its arms, only for the armored warrior to block it with his own arm and strike across the monster’s midsection with the claws on his other hand, causing a large number of coins to go flying out of it as the creature stumbled back.

“Wh-What!?” Twilight asked aloud, shocked that a simple attack could cause so much damage. She and her friends continued to gape as the warrior continued to slash at his opponent, causing large amounts of coins to go flying each time. Eventually the creature managed to retaliate and cut him along the chest with its own claws, causing sparks to fly as he flew back. The feline then attacked with the same wind blast it used on Twilight, only for the armored fighter to quickly get to his feet, the green part of his armor shining for a moment, before leaping above the attack and towards his opponent, cutting his enemy with both claws.

The armored warrior kicked the monster, more coins flying out as a green shockwave emanated from the impact. He kicked the monster again, getting the same effect, before following with a harder kick that sent the feline flying back through the air. He took a fighting stance, the yellow part glowing again, before swiping at his enemy. Two yellow blasts of energy in the shape of claws flew forwards and hit the monster, knocking it to the ground again. He then shouted as he rushed forwards before leaping at his enemy who was just beginning to get to its feet, and pummelled it with a series of kicks while still airborne before landing, the monster once again falling to the ground.

The armored warrior chuckled a bit before his arm blades folded back and he grabbed the disc on his right hip, twirling it with one finger. “Thanks for the test run,” he began before tossing the disc up into the air. “But I think it’s time we end this!” he finished as he cracked his neck on both sides before catching the disc as it fell back towards him. He then brought the disc to his belt, sliding it across the front of it and getting three tones in response.

SCANNING CHARGE!

With that shout from the belt the warrior put the disc back in its place before crouching down. As his did the green part of his armor began to glow even brighter than before as his legs began to change shape, resembling those of a grasshopper. He then launched himself high into the air, higher even than the top of Twilight’s treebrary. As he reached the apex of his jump three rings of energy appeared in the air, all aimed at the monster who was struggling to get up. The warrior then angled his feet down at his target before shouting, passing through the rings as he did. The first one exploded with red energy, causing ethereal wings to appear behind his back, followed by an explosion of yellow and finally green.

“SEIYA!” he shouted as he hit the monster, the impact reverberating throughout Ponyville as the monster was destroyed in a fiery explosion, coins scattering everywhere. The warrior slowly stood up, his legs now returned to normal. For a moment all was quiet.

“Who… Who are you?” Twilight asked.

The warrior turned to face her before turning his belt from an angled position to a straight one. In a flash of light, the being’s armor was gone and in its place was something that looked like a monkey, except it had no coat and no tail. His mane was dark brown and his eyes were bright blue. He was wearing a long sleeved striped shirt that incorporated a variety of colors like beige, orange, lavender, and pink. He also wore long khaki pants and brown boots, and he had a bracelet on its left arm that looked like it was made out of several colors of beads. Finally, around its neck was a white scarf. He smiled brightly, and Twilight could only marvel at the being’s youthful appearance.

“My name is Katsuo Pollux,” he replied. “But you can call me,” he began before taking a stance with both of his hands held out like claws. “Kamen Rider!” He then swept his arms out to his sides in another pose. “OOO!”

They all could only continue to stare.

“Um, darling… what are you wearing?” Rarity asked, looking a bit put off.

“Wh-What do you mean?” the being, Katsuo Pollux, asked.

“It’s just… well… what second-hand store did you get those clothes from?”

Katsuo looked shocked for a moment before tears began to well up in his eyes. “I made them myself!” he whined.


“So he finally arrives,” one of them said.

“Hm… looks puny,” the other commented in a gruff voice. “We should crush him now!”

“Now, now, my stubborn friend. Remember that we all promised to let everyone else know if we found anything interesting. You don’t want to make us look like liars, do you?” the first one said in a playful tone.

The other one growled before stomping back deeper into the forest.

“‘Kamen Rider OOO’, huh?” the being smirked. “Let’s hope you can provide some amusement before you break.”

Author's Note:

WHOO! HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVRYONE! Consider this your holiday present from me!

I know it may not be in the order I intended, but I am definitely getting all my plans done! This one might not be updated for a while, but I'm certainly coming back to it, so don't you worry!

Also, if anyone sees any typos or grammatical errors, please point them out for me.

Finally, I'd like to thank Jsyrin for helping write the Vendor. Another Displaced by Aaron Heibi, everyone! See you all soon!