• Published 22nd Nov 2015
  • 8,035 Views, 124 Comments

Equestrian Civil War - An Alternate Universe - twotonedearly



AU Story: Twilight Sparkle has been assassinated but what if she survived?

  • ...
6
 124
 8,035

Chapter 9 Prophecy Revealed.

“Wait, what do you mean by that?” Twilight asked the robed deer. She had to know what this deer knew.

“What I have to say is of most importance. And I can see you've brought two of the stars together.” The deer said as the runes on his antlers softly glowed.

“Stars? What does he mean by that Twilight?” Twinklestar asked confused as she could see the same reaction in her older sister's face.

“I think that's what we all like to know.” Shining Armor spoke up next as he sheathed his sword.

“This war, all the events leading to it. We have foreseen it all.” The deer replied

“Wait a minute, y'all knew about this war and what happened ta Twilight too??” Applejack asked.

“Yes, when we learned of the death of the Princess of Friendship we knew the prophecy was about to come to pass.” the deer replied.

“Prophecy? What Prophecy?” Spike asked.

“I remember the prophecy about Nightmare Moon's return. But what other prophecy could there be?” Twilight wondered as the deer turned his attention toward her.

“Then you don't know of the prophecy that your demise was the first sign of. A war that would even threaten the gods watching over Equestria.” the deer replied.

“What?!” Twilight froze as did everybody else in the room.

“It can't be... How could a war threaten the gods?” Princess Celestia asked.

“The Dark Star is the real threat. Already the Dark Star has power but if the Dark Star isn't stopped it could be the end of everything.” The deer replied.

“The Dark Star??” Twilight said.

“Yes but your return from death was unexpected. Perhaps your return might serve as a key to helping the stars defeat the dark star.” the deer told Twilight Sparkle.

“You keep mentioning this dark star. Who or what is the dark star?” Twilight asked the deer. Now she had to know about this prophecy.

“For ages we've seen the stars, yours in particular Princess Twilight. Your ascension was written in the stars. You were destined for greatness before tragedy befell you. My brethren and I knew your assassination would begin a series of events leading to the rise of the dark star, though there are stars in particular that will stop the dark star before the dark star can bring eternal darkness.” the deer began. The room fell silent again.

“But who is the dark star?” Starlight Glimmer broke the silence as she asked again.

“We forseen the dark star's appearance in the stars. Sometime after Princess Twilight's assassination.” the deer replied.

“But you still didn't mention who this dark star is.” Rainbow Dash spoke up.

“the Dark Star was born in the family of traitorous blood. That is all we know.” The deer replied.

“traitorous blood?” Twilight began to ponder.

“BSBFF? He said the traitorous family, you don't think....” Twinklestar began to speak when she saw her sister's eyes widen.

“Of course! I should have guessed the Dark Star is Majesty Blueblood.” Twilight responded to both her sister and the deer.

“your insight seems correct Twilight Sparkle, no wonder why you ascended like you did.” the deer nodded.

“Which means if anypony else knows about the prophecy they would have tried to take down Majesty at her most vulnerable, during her foalhood.” Twilight said as she pondered if anypony else knew about the Dark Star Prophecy.

“Twiley, we can't forget the attempt on Flurry Heart's life by Equestria's First. Those filthy traitors tried to take my daughter.” Shining Armor added in. He froze as a sickening thought hit his head. “You guys don't think that rat Amadeus knows about the prophecy?” He asked.

“That's a hard one, to be honest I wouldn't even know.” Twilight responded to her brother as the others agreed.

“if he does then he would have made moves to protect Majesty during that time. Right now we need to find a way to push Unicornia's invasion back before we go to capture Amadeus and Majesty.” Princess Celestia spoke up.

“Right. We'll need to send our forces to the other captured cities. Thanks to Morning Blade's notes I grabbed in Manehattan I found they have more prison camps in places like Fillydelphia, Appleloosa, and a large one in Las Pegasus. There seems to be plans to launch an assault on Cloudsdale too.” Shining Armor said to the group.

“What!? No way they'll attack Cloudsdale while I'm around!” Rainbow Dash shouted. Cloudsdale was her first home before she moved to Ponyville. She already had to abandon one of her homes to Unicornia, she wouldn't dare do it again.

“We can't forget the other lands either like Griffonstone and the Dragons too.” Spike spoke up as Twilight nods her head.

“Agreed. I'm also concerned about other races too, like the Sea ponies and the Hippogryphs. They could be in danger from Unicornia as well.” Twilight added in before a guard rushed up.

“Princess Twilight, a unicorn mare was found outside the barrier.” the guard began to speak up.

“What? Take me to her.” Twilight told the guard as he led Twilight outside.

“Anypony else have a feeling of Dejavu?” Pinkie Pie asked the group. Meanwhile Twilight and the crystal guard made their way to the barrier as Twilight recognized the collapsed form in the snow. Wasting no time, Twilight exited the barrier and used her magic to help the fallen Sunset Shimmer into the barrier. Once inside Twilight helped Sunset inside as she used her magic to help Sunset into the castle, once inside Sunset began to stir from the warmth inside the castle.

“Sunset? Are you okay?” Twilight asked as Sunset looked at her as a smile formed on her face.

“Twilight, I'm glad to see you again.” Sunset replied as she looked up at the others surrounding her, including her former mentor Princess Celestia. “Canterlot Castle.... I saw unicornian guards inside it. Barely managed to escape.” Sunset told Twilight and Princess Celestia.

“No, the barrier at the castle has fallen.” Princess Celestia lowered her head.

“I'm sorry, I wish I had gotten here sooner guys. Had to get the others to seal the portal in case they tried to invade the human world.” Sunset told Twilight and the others.

“Good thinking, I'm sure our human counterparts understood the situation. Right now we need to focus on taking back Canterlot.” Twilight told Sunset whom nods in agreement. “For right now you need to rest Sunset, you've been through a lot to come warn us what was happening.” Twilight told Sunset whom nodded again.

Meanwhile at Canterlot Castle, Unicornian guards patrolled the throne room that once belonged to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. The thrones of the two sisters were left in ruins as Amadeus Blueblood watched on, he especially enjoyed Luna's throne being destroyed. “After you get rid of these eye sores I want a throne here for my Majesty, something to reflect her rule over all of Equestria.” he ordered as the guards nodded and headed off to fulfill Amadeus's orders. He soon found himself alone, he had sent Tirek to guard Majesty back in Ponyville while dispatching Cicada to put down a changeling rebellion. “Blasted bugs, can't even see the vision we placed for them. Once that so called changeling king is put down, Cicada can return to help me and Majesty retake the lands those blasted Equestrians stole from us.” Amadeus growled as he closed his eyes and sighed, he suddenly yelped as he saw the eyes of the Tantabus looking right at him. “Gah! Damn it! Luna will suffer for what she did to me!” he snapped.

“Still suffering Amadeus Blueblood? I'm surprised you've lived longer than I had expected.” came a voice from the shadows. Amadeus glared as his horn lit up as he scanned the shadows before he saw it, a buck in red robes and runes on his antlers, his red mane was flowing as he grinned evily at Amadeus. “Put down your magic Amadeus.” Nazo spoke up.

“Only you.” Amadeus lowered his horn as he looked at the buck. “What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Surprised your daughter isn't here.” Nazo said in his raspy voice.

“She is well protected, besides none can fathom her power. Especially once Lord Tirek finishes training her.” Amadeus told Nazo, the buck shook his head.

“You think that would be enough Amadeus?” Nazo laughed.

“What's so funny??” Amadeus glared.

“Considering the fact, my brethren believe something has altered the prophecy I once told you about.” Nazo responded to Amadeus's question.

“What do you mean?? Speak now!” Amadeus shouted.

“It's simple.” Nazo began to respond.

“What's simple?! Answer me or so help me I'll see you hanged in the square as a warning to those who dare defy the Blueblood name!!” Amadeus snapped.

“Was that a threat?” Nazo shook his head and laughed in his raspy voice. “The real threat is the one your son failed to kill. Or maybe her brother's best friend failed to murder her. Or perhaps...” Nazo began before Amadeus grabbed him with his magic.

“NO! THAT HARLOT IS DEAD!!! DEAD YOU HEAR ME!!! DEAD! DEAD! DEAD! DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!” Amadeus snapped as he held Nazo with his magic. The buck struggled for air before his runes lit up brightly, blindsiding Amadeus as he let Nazo go. The buck cough and gasped for air.

“Amadeus. I could have killed you but I'll let that happen naturally. But it is true, your son and your hired hands failed their mission. Though it's amazing how many ponies she fooled by appearing dead. Or maybe it wasn't her intention to fool her friends and family.” Nazo smirked as Amadeus was white with terror. The last thing Amadeus wanted to hear was Twilight Sparkle being alive.

“No... This can't be right..... She died, everypony saw her corpse! She should be feeding maggots in Tartarus!” Amadeus shouted.

“You honestly believe that your pathetic excuse of a son could get the job done? It is to laugh.” Nazo replied to Amadeus.

“She won't matter, dead or not. Majesty will destroy her once she gains her full potential.” Amadeus warned Nazo.

“Surely you believe that. But consider this. What if she cannot defeat Twilight Sparkle?” Nazo responded to Amadeus as he dusted his robe off.

“Blast the luck, if that harlot is alive that would explain Equestria's counterattack on Unicornia! I must warn Majesty.” Amadeus responded. “If what your saying is true. For all I know you could be lying about Twilight Sparkle being alive.” he said to the buck. Nazo only laughed and shook his head.

“You'll know soon enough Amadeus Blueblood.” Nazo returned to the shadows, exiting the same way he came.

“Blast that buck. This is making things worse! Tirek better not screw this up or else he'll pay!” Amadeus rubbed his forehead with his hoof, now the thought of Twilight surviving the assassination attempt started to haunt his every thought, he realized with terror this could give a new playground for the Tantabus to play in. Out of rage and frustration he fired a burst of magic toward Luna's throne obliterating it's remains. He was breathing heavily as his head throbbed. Again he rubbed his head trying to calm himself, the last thing he'd want is to fulfill Nazo's prediction of his demise.

“Lord Amadeus!” came a voice as a guard rushed into the throne room hearing the sudden explosion. “What happened?” he asked.

“Nothing... just releasing frustration.” Amadeus responded.

“I see.” the guard responded as Amadeus returned to a more calm state.

“I do have an important matter to attend to, apparently my idiot son left a loose end I must tie up.” Amadeus said to the guard. “Ready my caravan, I have a grandson to meet.” he said with a malicious glare, the guard nods and rushes off.

“And to think the Pie family gave us the means to end that usurper's life without even knowing it, time for me to claim my “receipt” for a job well done.” Amadeus said with a laugh as he left the throne room.