• Published 22nd Nov 2015
  • 8,026 Views, 124 Comments

Equestrian Civil War - An Alternate Universe - twotonedearly



AU Story: Twilight Sparkle has been assassinated but what if she survived?

  • ...
6
 124
 8,026

The reunion in Judecca. Unicornia's attack on the isles!

Twilight Sparkle waited at the inn as Starlight Glimmer arrived with the element bearers. They all took seats as Twilight began her speech. “I know where Spike is at. We need to travel to the Erebus Islands.” Twilight told her friends. They all looked surprised and shocked to hear this information.

“Erebus?? Why would Spike go there?? That place is full of ruffians and the rest of their filth.” Rarity said with a shudder.

“I wouldn't blame Spike to be honest since we didn't do a thing to bust Amadeus.” Rainbow Dash added in.

“We were all grief stricken Dash. We all thought we lost our friend and tried to go on even though we all lost a part of us.” Applejack said to Rainbow Dash.

“She's right, we let those meanies hurt Twilight and rob my family too. If we could all take it back we could have done something.” Pinkie Pie sounded frustrated just knowing what a dangerous place Spike was currently at.

“Twilight, what's your plan now?” Starlight Glimmer looked to her mentor as Twilight decided on a course of action.

“I'm going to the Erebus Islands. Any of you are welcome to come with me.” Twilight answered Starlight's question as she looked to the others. Imminently Rainbow Dash stood up.

“Well Twi, count me in!” Rainbow Dash said.

“well ah guess ah'm comin too Twi.” Applejack also said.

“Same here! I can't wait to throw Spike a welcome home party!” Pinkie Pie added in as well.

“Oh.. it does sound like a mean place but we need to find Spike, I'll go too.” Fluttershy added in as well.

“Indeed, I'll go there too.” Rarity added in as well.

“Twilight, I'll go as well. After all we need to be careful at Erebus.” Starlight added in.

“Then lets prepare for our journey.” Twilight told her friends as they all left the inn. Soon hours later Twilight and Shining Armor met on the docks. Twilight planned to take a ship to the Erebus islands while Shining Armor was about to set an ambush on the Unicornians in Manehattan using the captured Unicornia battleship as his own.

“Twiley, be extra careful. No telling what kind of thugs are hiding out at the Erebus Islands.” Shining Armor told Twilight.

“Don't worry Shiny, I'll be fine. And I'm glad mom let Princess Celestia teach Twinkle in my absence.” Twilight reassured her brother as he nods. “Besides you need to be careful too.” She told her brother.

“Don't worry about me Twiley, Gladius and I have it all planned out. Those traitors won't even see us coming till it's too late.” Shining Armor told his sister as they hugged. “You better get ready to bring Spike home.” Shining told Twilight whom nods.

“I will, I promise.” Twilight told Shining Armor. “And I hope for your victory in Manehatten too BBBFF.” Twilight told her brother as Shining Armor nods as he went to the captured ship and boarded it, Twilight went to board her own ship as the two ships began to set sail. Soon the ship was sailing toward the Erebus Islands. Down below Twilight was in her cabin as a pony entered the room.

“It'll take us a few days till we arrive at our destination.” the pony told Twilight whom nodded.

“Thanks, I better rest till then.” Twilight told the pony as he nods and left Twilight alone. Twilight relaxed on the bed in the cabin as she slowly drifted to sleep. As she slept she dreamed she was in Canterlot Castle. She looked around the castle before the sound of hoofsteps caught her attention. She turned to see Princess Luna approach her.

“Twilight, I heard from Tia your intentions of leaving to find Spike. Be careful in these times. Equestria cannot lose it's element of magic again.” Princess Luna told Twilight as she nodded.

“I know, and I know where Spike is at. I hope to return soon with Spike. Then we can focus on bringing down Amadeus and his whole house.” Twilight told Princess Luna. The night princess nodded her head.

“Indeed, but again be wary.” Princess Luna nods to Twilight as she warned Twilight.

“I will be.” Twilight said to the night princess as the dream faded as Twilight woke up. She looked out the window of the cabin as she saw the stars at night. She laid back down and waited.

Morning soon came as the ship continued on it's way. The element barrers were on deck along with Twilight and Starlight. The sun was shining bright as the ship was closing in on their destination. “We'll be arriving soon.” the captain told Twilight whom nodded as she got her hood on.

“We're almost there Spike.” Twilight muttered to herself as the islands came into view. The ponies watched as the islands were closer. Soon the boat arrived in the port town Judecca as it docked, the elements and Starlight disembarked from the boat as they looked around seeing the various species interacting in harmony. Twilight smiled from under her hood. “It's like what I wanted Equestria to be like, before Amadeus spread his venom out.” she sighed as she and the others went into the marketplace asking about Spike. They didn't get much answers till Twilight approached a stand where a dragon was at. “Excuse me but I'm searching for somepony.” Twilight said to the old looking dragon.

“And whom might ye be lookin fer?” the dragon Marc asked Twilight.

“His name is Spike, he's a baby dragon and he ran away.” Twilight answered. Marc only smirked as he looked at Twilight even though she was hooded.

“well, so your lookin fer Spike eh? Well I be knowin where Spike is. But who calls fer him?” Marc asked Twilight's question with one of his own.

“Well...” Twilight began before Rainbow Dash walked up.

“Find anything on Spike yet?” Rainbow Dash asked Twilight as Marc arched an eyebrow.

“The Element of Loyalty Rainbow Dash? Never expected one of ye here in Judecca. Best be wary here.” Marc said to Rainbow Dash.

“What's that supposed to mean??” Rainbow Dash asked the older dragon.

“Fer one thing, the news of the war reached us all here. Could be spies here if ye don't be careful.” Marc answered Rainbow Dash's question.

“What about Spike?” Twilight asked Marc. The dragon nods to Twilight.

“Not here.” Marc answered as he looked toward the direction of the Rotten Barrel. “In there, we won't be noticed.” Marc told Twilight whom nodded. The ponies headed into the bar and inn. Marc followed after them as they all took seats in the establishment. “We should be safe from peering eyes fer your enemies.” Marc told Twilight whom nodded.

“You seem to know so much, especially about Unicornia and Equestria's problems.” Twilight said to Marc.

“Words came to these islands for along time. Especially the assassination of one of Equestria's heroines and newest princess. Aye Spike told me about the assassination and how powerless he felt to do a thing. I be warnin him about revenge and how it can consume ye.” Marc said to Twilight.

“Yeah, those scumbag nobles were behind the assassination of Twilight. Though the mastermind escaped punishment while his own son Prince Blueblood was punished.” Rainbow Dash said to Marc.

While the conversation was going on, inside the kitchen was Spike. Though he was much older than he was when Twilight was murdered. A moment Spike would never forget or forgive. It was the reason he left Equestria after he felt there was no justice besides Prince Blueblood and Sir Gallant Heart's execution along with the rest of the conspirators but Spike knew deep down Amadeus was the one behind it yet no pony would hear him. But since he arrived in Judecca he proved himself as a member of the Red Lightnings Guild even raising to the rank of one of the Big Four when he rescued a boat full of slaves from slavers. He looked at Peewee as the Phoenix chirped. “Guess after today we can plan our return to Equestria, with the war brewing this is my chance to get Amadeus for what he did to mom.” Spike said to the phoenix as he was preparing dinner. As he was preparing the food he heard voices outside in the dining area. “More customers?” Spike wondered as he peeked out the window to the dining area. He gulped and ducked back. “What are they doing here??” he said to Peewee in a hushed tone. He never expected to see Rainbow Dash, Starlight Glimmer, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie sitting with Marc! Though he noticed there was another pony hidden in a hood. He knew he'd have to face them someday.

Back outside the ponies and Marc continued to converse. “So let me get this straight. Spike is part of a guild?” Twilight asked Marc. The dragon nodded his head to confirm Twilight's question with an answer.

“Twilight if we find this guild we might find Spike.” Starlight suggested though she was unaware that Spike was in the kitchen. Spike was listening in on the conversation when he heard a voice he thought was silenced by the traitors.

“Mom??” Spike wondered. “No.. it can't be her...” Spike shut his eyes as visions of Twilight laying in her glass coffin came to mind. The funeral, still fresh in his mind. He could see the sad faces of Twilight Velvet wailing and crying for her baby filly as Nightlight held her, Shining Armor in his formal uniform holding his sobbing wife Princess Cadence. He can see the sadness in the faces of his friends and the other ponies, even the younger fillies and colts that knew Twilight were sad too. Spike growled to himself and shook his head. “I still can't forget those images Peewee.” Spike felt the Phoenix nuzzle him. He pets Peewee's head. “but what if it is?” Spike wondered as he got the food ready to serve. “I have to know if old memories are messing with my head.” Spike got the food ready as he placed it to be served though he wanted to greet his old friends though he wondered if Celestia still had a price on his head. He decided to find out. Meanwhile the group ate and were amazed at the taste and quality of the food.

“Ah must say the cook here cooks great food.” Applejack said as she enjoyed her meal.

“Well the new chef was a real blessing when he came here. Didn't think he'd go on to be so much more.” Rupert, the old griffin whom owned the Rotten Barrel said to his guests.

“Really?” Twilight asked Rupert.

“Yeah, said he was from Ponyville though he came to these parts, guess he wanted to leave his past behind.” Rupert answered Twilight's question. Twilight blinked as she looked at Rupert.

“Is he here?” Twilight asked Rupert. The griffin smirks as Twilight's question.

“He should be finishing up his shift as we speak.” Rupert answered Twilight, Spike continued to listen in. His mind was racing with thoughts, was Twilight really alive?? And if so, how?? Spike remembered seeing Twilight in the morgue, the deep wounds in her body, the fatal one across her throat, he remembered those images well. There shouldn't be no way to survive yet Twilight did so. He sighed and looked to Peewee as he prepared to face his friends he fled from and possibly the specter of his own deceased mother. Spike stepped outside and saw the ponies as they all stood up seeing Spike.

“Spikey Wikey?? is that you??” Rarity said surprised to see Spike looking older than the last time she saw him.

“Yeah, it's me Rarity.” Spike replied as he was suddenly hugged by the ponies. He had a smile on his face seeing his old friends again. “But how did you guys find me?? I wanted to surprise you guys by coming home.” Spike asked the other ponies.

“We learned about your trip back in Baltimare.” Starlight answered Spike's question. “Unicornia started the invasion of Equestria. Shining Armor was able to recapture Baltimare.” Starlight explained to Spike.

“So it's happened. Amadeus showed his true hand.” Spike growled.

“Aye, so yer chance at revenge has finally come Spike.” Marc approached Spike whom nods.

“But one thing.” Spike looked at the hooded mare. “You sound like my adopted mother Twilight Sparkle, but she died.. How is it you sound like her?” Spike asked the hooded mare unaware whom she was.

“Spike, I'm shocked you didn't recognize me. Must be the hood I'm under. Can't let Amadeus know how much of a failure Prince Blueblood really was.” Twilight answered Spike as she took her hood off.

“Wha..? M-m-mom?!” Spike's eyes widened as he saw Twilight's smiling face before him.

“It's me Spike.” Twilight assured Spike. The dragon looked shocked and stunned, his mother he saw dead in the morgue and in her coffin at the funeral now stood before him alive and well. Tears welled in his eyes before he hugged Twilight as he let out his tears and cried, he hadn't cried like this since he was younger, when he thought his mother was taken from him forever. Twilight hugged Spike back as she felt tears in her own eyes. “I got worried about you Spike when I learned you ran away. I'm glad your safe.” she told Spike as she hugged him.

“But how? How did you come back from the grave??” Spike asked as he wiped tears from his eyes.

“It was Princess Celestia's healing magic that saved my life, though when I was in hibernation it made everypony think I was dead.” Twilight told Spike everything she knew. Spike nodded as he understood what Twilight was telling him.

“I'm just glad your alive and well, right now we need to help Equestria. I heard about the war and I want to help in anyway I can.” Spike told Twilight whom nodded. “Marc taught me so much, and now I want to use those teachings to help our home.” Spike said to Twilight.

“Right now my brother is leading the charge against Unicornia. I hope he's okay.” Twilight said thinking of Shining Armor and his battle plan against Unicornia. She hoped he was doing well.

“He is?? I wish I could be there with him. Me and the guild.” Spike said to Twilight. The Alicorn looked at Spike and nods her head.

“I heard you were part of a guild here. From what that old dragon merchant said your in the Big Four.” Twilight said to Spike.

“Yeah, after I rescued a ship full of slaves.” Spike said as he explained what had happened that night when he rescued Aquilina and the others who were kidnapped by slavers to be sold into slavery, the heroic act got Spike into the Red lightnings Guild and even more so he rose in rank to the Big Four. Spike had worked hard and trained hard to hone his own skills in preparation to battle Amadeus and the Unicornia forces. “I had planned to return home, to help bring Amadeus to justice for what he did to you Twilight.” Spike said to his adopted mother.

“Amadeus will have his day of reckoning soon, him and Majesty.” Twilight Sparkle told Spike, she now was determined to stop the Bluebloods and their attempt to usurp power. That night the seven ponies decided to stay the night at the Rusty Barrel. The ponies also met and befriended Aquilina as well.

Late that night Twilight was asleep when she found her dream visited by Princess Luna. “Princess Luna?” Twilight addressed the night princess.

“How has the journey gone?” Princess Luna asked Twilight.

“We found Spike. He's ready to come back home now.” Twilight answered the night princess. Princess Luna nods her head as she looked at Twilight.

“That is a relief. But still Twilight be careful. We cannot lose Equestria's light again.” Princess Luna told Twilight. The younger Alicorn nods her head.

“I know. This time I'm ready for anything.” Twilight told Princess Luna.

“I best be leaving now, we shall see thee when you return to the empire.” Princess Luna said to Twilight as the dream started to fade. As it did Twilight awoke as the morning sun's light was bright. She yawned and rubbed the sleepiness from her eyes as she went to the window to look outside to see the morning sunrise over the ocean. That's when Twilight heard a commotion and looked over to see an army of soldiers bearing the Unicornia crest.

“Unicornia?!” Twilight gasped as she heard the door open as Spike rushed in with the other ponies. “We got a problem!” Twilight told everybody in the room.

“We heard ya shout Twilight, what in tarnation's goin on?” Applejack asked.

“Unicornian forces are in Judecca!” Twilight looked back toward the window. The ponies and Spike rushed over and gasped seeing the invaders.

“Twilight, what should we do?” Rainbow Dash asked, though she hoped the option to fight would come up.

“We got no choice but to fight them.” Twilight said before she heard another commotion, she looked to see the Unicornians under attack by a group of figures of many species including griffons, dragons, minotaurs, and ponies. Spike recognized the figures and grinned.

“Good thing the Guild was on high alert.” Spike wanted to go down and join in the fray. He rushed downstairs with the ponies following as the fighting grew more tense as they exited the Inn. Once on ground level they can see the Red Lightnings Guild in battle with the Unicornian invaders. The fighting raged as the Guild members battled the Unicornian invaders, the griffon members took to the skies as they fired their projectile weapons down at the unicornians, the minotaur members attacked with clubs and axes among other weapons against the invaders, the dragon members were attacking with fire breath, some with ice breath against the invaders.

“That the best ye got??” Marc snarled as he was in battle with the unit's commander. The commander, a unicorn stallion swung his sword with magic at Marc as the dragon dodged the attack as he struck the commander with his claws which were engulfed in flames. The unicorn screamed as the fire burned his hide. A soldier tried to come up behind Marc but was cut off by Spike who slashed the guard from behind with his own claws. The soldier cried in pain as he tried to turn to attack Spike only for Spike to blast the soldier with a fireball setting the soldier on fire. Meanwhile the ponies joined in the fight with each pony using their talents to fight the unicornian invaders. Rainbow Dash flew through the skies as she slammed her hooves into the soldiers whom tried to follow her. Fluttershy backed away from two soldiers only for Fluttershy to stare into the guards' eyes causing them to flee in terror.

Meanwhile Pinkie Pie was using her antics to confuse the soldiers before allowing Applejack to slam her hooves into each soldier. She turned and caught one of the soldiers with a rope she grabbed from the ground, using it like her lasso. “Ya ain't goin anywhere!” Applejack shouted.

Rarity was busy using her magic to slam gemstones into the attacking soldiers from every angle. “Take this you ruffians!” she shouted as she focused her magic as she caused a hailstorm of diamonds to slam into the soldiers. Meanwhile Starlight Glimmer used her magic and teleportation spells to catch the soldiers off their guard. Two of the guards however started to converge on the hooded form of Twilight Sparkle. Twilight only shook her head seeing them.

“So it's come down to this. Well I knew Amadeus was up to something.” Twilight muttered before her horn lit up under her hood before she unleashed a powerful magic blast on the soldiers sending them flying into the ocean. Soon all the captured soldiers and the commander were gathered up, though there were many casualties for the Unicornians as they were sent off to be locked up.

“That should teach them a lesson about attackin Judecca under our watch.” Marc wiped some blood off his claw as Spike nods his head.

“My question is how they got here so fast. There wasn't any sign of any war ships in the area when we arrived yesterday.” Twilight said as she watched as the prisoners were led away.

“Twi, we should get back home to the Empire. We can figure this whole thing out when we get there.” Rainbow Dash told Twilight whom nodded.

“Yeah, let's get ready for our journey home.” Twilight told her friends as they returned to the Rusty Barrell. Soon hours later the group were boarding their ship back to Equestria. Spike would join them after saying his goodbyes to his fellow guild members and hoped one day once peace has been achieved he could return to further help the guild. Spike soon boarded the ship with a few bags and with Peewee sitting on his shoulder.

“Well, let's get ready to go home. I just hope Princess Celestia isn't mad at me for running away like I did.” Spike said as he approached Twilight.

“Don't worry, she'll be just as happy as I was to see you.” Twilight assured her adopted son. Soon the ship sets sail back to Equestria. Though that night Twilight wondered how her brother Shining Armor did in his battle against Sir Morning Blade and the unicornians in Manehattan. She hoped he was alright. However something else bothered Twilight, how the unicornians got into Judecca so quickly. Twilight knew this was a mystery that needed to be solved and hopefully this will be solved.

Author's Note:

Now that Twilight and Spike are reunited they soon make the journey home to Equestria but what did happen in the battle of Manehattan? Stay tuned to find out.