• Published 12th Jun 2012
  • 4,374 Views, 39 Comments

A Day To Remember! - Carmack21

  • ...
12
 39
 4,374

Chapter 2

A day to remember part2
By Carmack21

As the two friends danced through the sunsets rays and flew from cloud to cloud in a game of hide and seek, a question encased in the rainbow maned pony’s mind: 'is this a dream? Is it just a tempting dream which made her entire body quiver in excitement?'.

"Rainbow, you need too slow down, I can't keep up" panted Twilight, who wasn’t completely used to her wings and was now lagging behind.

The Rainbow turned her head in the direction of the voice.

"Twilight, if your going to observe me you need to catch me!" she exclaimed with a slight teasing laugh.

The pegasus slowed down and floated for a minute, searching for a lavender dot among the reddish colored clouds, but there was nothing.

"TWILIGHT, WHERE ARE YOU!" Rainbow started to sound a little bit worried. What if she’d lost control and crashed? What if-

Just then, out of nowhere the cyan pegasus was hit by a fast moving object from the cloud above. The object was no other than the one she was searching for.

"GOTCHA!" the lavender pony exclaimed in excitement.

The two friends spiralled downward, both giggling as they fell. The ground was getting closer and closer, yet both were having too much fun to care. A split second before smacking down on the ground the two parted ways and spread their wings wide, causing them to glide to the ground.

"I can't believe you got me." Rainbow said.

"Well when you were too busy looking ahead I flew up-" Twilight was interrupted by Rainbow.

"Ok egghead, I don't need the full explanation." said Rainbow.

The unicorn looked away, a little embarrassed by what her friend had called her.

"But you’re my egghead." said the cyan pegasus, in a soft tone.

This made her feel embarrassed; she too turned away from her friend. Twilight looked over at her, any embarrassment she felt before was now gone, and a small spark of hope ignited in her.

The cyan pony looked back at her friend who now was face to face with her. With out any hesitation the studious unicorn stole a quick peck off the embarrassed cyan pony's cheek, but it ended as quickly as it happened.

"I’m sorry Rainbow." Twilight said, as she once again looked away, knowing what she had just done put her reputation and friendship in question.

The cyan Pegasus rooted to the spot with a 'did that really just happen' look on her face. She snapped out of her entranced look. She rounded on her friend to look her with her eyes.

"I’m sorry Twilight," said Dash as she leaned in and locked lips with her friend.

A few moments passed, Rainbow pulled away and broke the kiss. Rainbow was the first to break the silence,

"So... how about the Wonderbolts?" Rainbow said, not knowing what to say at that awkward moment, but desperate to fill it with something, anything.

The sky lost it's redness and was replaced with the pale glow of a full moon.

"You want to head back to my place and observe me in bed?" asked Rainbow with a teasing grin.