• Published 12th Jun 2012
  • 4,359 Views, 39 Comments

A Day To Remember! - Carmack21

  • ...
12
 39
 4,359

Chapter 3

A Day to remember part3
By Carmack21

"Let the observation continue!" said the lavender pony excitedly.

Rainbow Dash's eyes perked up at the answer. Was she serious, or was she just teasing her the way she herself had before? Could this be the day in which both ponies share their feelings for one another?

"I, uhm... I...” the lavender pony stammered.

"Twilight Sparkle, are you speechless?!" said the pompous cyan pegasus, with a slight laughing tone. “Don’t worry; I have that effect on a lot of ponies!"

Twilight couldn't lie to her friend; she had to tell her the truth. "I've never been with another pony before, let alone a mare" said Twilight trying to hide her embarrassment.

"Wait you've never been with another pony before?" asked Rainbow seeing that she might have hurt her friend’s feelings.

"Well I've read abo-" Twilight was cut off by her friend.

"Reading is not believing!" said the cyan Pegasus, "Plus, I'll show you a thing or two about it. So you wanna go to Rainbow palace courtesy of yours truly, Rainbow Dash?" Rainbow smirked with a sly and mischievous tone.

"Well Princess Celestia did say observe your friend in their own environment, so I guess that's what I shall do!" Twilight said, with a modest smile. The embarrassment disappeared from the mare's face, now being replaced with anticipation.

With that the two friends rose to the sky and took off too Rainbows cloud home.

While on the way to their destination, Twilight needed to make a quick stop by the library in order to relinquish all her materials that were in her saddle bags.

The two friends came to a glide above the library falling into formation, circling the building three times before landing on the door step. Well, Dash landed. Twilight sort of stumbled into the door.

"Woo now, you don't want to beat my record of crashing into the library, do you?" a laughing Rainbow Dash prodded at the pile of purple on the door step beside her.

"Yea, I'm still getting use too the whole flying stuff." Twilight said in a dazed giggle, while trying to get up.

Before walking into the library the two locked eyes once again. Twilight leaned close to Rainbow before she could react, nudged the rainbow mane aside with her nose, before nibbling her ear.

"Settle down now, you don't want Spike to find out, do you?" remarked Rainbow.

"Alright." Twilight said, kind of saddened by the fact Spike, the Princess, and the mares’ friends couldn't find out about the two of them.

"After you my esteemed guest." Twilight said.

"Oh, no after you." Rainbow said.

"I insi-" Twilight was half way through her sentence, when out of nowhere the door of the library swung open and smacked the lavender pony in the face, leaving a dumbfounded look plastered to her.

"Hello Rainbow Dash, I thought I heard voices out here, have you seen Twilight anywhere?" Spike asked the cyan pony.

Rainbow Dash did the best she could to hide her giggling, she even rose a hoof over her mouth to hide her inner child from bursting out and laughing. After collecting herself she pointed too the door.

"Oh, there you are Twilight. The Princess has been trying to send you a letter of the utmost importance!" the frantic dragon exclaimed.

Twilight shook her head in an attempt too rid the dumbfounded look she previously held.

She looked nervously at the dragon who was now trying to hand her a wrapped parchment. What could this mean, did she not do as the princess commanded, did she fail her task? Or was she getting too close to her friend Rainbow?

She used her unicorn power too lift the parchment, unfurled it, and read what the Princess had written out loud.

'To my most faithful student Twilight Sparkle.

You have done what I've asked of you yet again. I request your presence in Canterlot tonight; to learn of your friend, who you've observed for the last twenty-two hours. Along with you and your friend, the Wonderbolts, my niece, Princess Cadence, and her husband will be joining us for dinner. Please assure me that you will be able too make it.'

'P.S. Spike, I am sorry, but you will need to remain at Ponyville. But don't worry, attached to this letter is another message which will lead you to the Ponyville mines, where I give permission for you to eat as many gems as you wish. Free of charge.'

Rainbow Dash's mouth dropped to the ground at the mention of the Wonderbolts. She was going to be eating dinner with them, one step closer to becoming a Wonderbolt.



'Authors note:
Does anyone else see that Twilight is pretty much using Spike like Email?

To the readers of A Day to Remember, I'm not sure if I should end this story or continue it. Although it's a good story I don't want it to end up like Transcendence story. I'm not sure yet.