• Published 12th Jun 2012
  • 4,359 Views, 39 Comments

A Day To Remember! - Carmack21

  • ...
12
 39
 4,359

Chapter 1

A Day To Remember
By: Carmack21

The bright and generous sun was fading behind the tree dotted horizon, a marvellous sight to behold.

The fading waves pierced through the cloud castle of Rainbow Dash, landing rays on her unopened eyes. By this time everyday she was usually asleep, but today was beyond different. A full day of clearing the skies, and the advanced training routine, made her plum tuckered.

Although she could feel the ray, she didn't want to wake up, she needed this, she craved this. Although the spot upon which the ray laid was starting to become warmer and warmer, until she could bear no more. She slightly opened her eyes to peer in the room she laid down in.

Just the same old same o.... Her brain trailed off when she turned and was looking into Twilight Sparkle's eyes, well one eye which was magnified by the spy glass she used to observe the rainbow colored pegasus.

"AHHHHHHHHH!" The surprised pegasus jumped upwardly. She flapped her wings at such a speed that it could have probably blown away her cloud home, had it not been for the magical anchor which held it fast.

"Oh, I woke you, I'm sorry Dashie." The intruder said with a regretful tone.

"Twilight, how are you..... How did you..... How long have you been here and how are you able to be here?" The astonished rainbow-maned pegasus asked.

"I'm sorry Dashie, I was just trying to observe a pegasus in their natural habitat." The lavender coated pony replied.

The two were still locking eyes as the pegasus landed on here cloud home's floor.

"Uhm, Twilight why are you here, I mean how are you standing on a cloud, only pegasus ponies can?" said Rainbow Dash.

"Well I’ll answer your first question 'why' I am here. Queen Celestia asked me too study a friend in their natural habitat, and well I'd figure your the one too study becau-" The unicorn was cut off by here friend.

"Because I'm 20% cooler than everyone else, and I’m just awesome!" Stated the boastful pegasus pompously, all too aware of her accomplishments.

"I'm sorry Rainbow, that’s not why" said the lavender pony, still smiling.

The pegasus pony's body went limp against her cloud's home furniture.

"Well you see Rainbow, I couldn't have observed Rarity she would have acted differently if she knew I was trying to observe her, you know, acted as though she was on Equestria reality show. Applejack was way too busy to observe, she needed to concentrate on her work. Fluttershy was too scared too observe, and she doesn't really do much." a quizzical frown crossed the mares face, "And then there's Pinkie Pie. I've already tried once to explain her, but it's impossible. So that just left you. The speedster, the daredevil, the lo-" she stopped in her tracks to take a quick second too think, to cover what she almost stated. "The looker-to for questions on wonderbolt history." she said at last.

"I am pretty smart, maybe you should become my understudy and learn from a real teacher!" said the pompous pony, once again standing proud.

"Maybe later, but to answer your second question 'how', remember the best flyers competition, how Rarity had the wings which made all the colt pegasus fall heads over heels, well I've changed it a little, and well," she said turning side ways to reveal her hidden secret to her friend.

At the sight of the unicorn’s secret the pegasus' mouth gapped in awe. Her once restricted to land friend now had a pair of beautiful lavender wings.

"Now since you know, I might as well tell you've what I've observed." said Twilight to the pegasus pony.

The lavender pony explained to her friend what she observed, but all the pegasus was focused on was the new set of wings. They were beyond comprehension; her eyes were focused on them, their every movement.

"And that's when you woke up and saw me studying you." she stated at last.

The pegasus snapped out of her daydreaming state.

"Oh, cool." the pegasus said, still focusing on her friend’s wings. She had to ask her question... "Twilight, wanna go for a race?!" asked the pegasus.

"Rainbow, I just told you I can't, I need to study you in your natural habitat." the lavender pony said.

"Well then," with a burst of energy the pegasus said taking to the sky, "Hope you can keep up!" and with that Dash flew through the door made a 90 degree angle straight up, and flew away from her friend.

Twilight stood solid for a minute, after running the scenario through her head a couple times, she finally understood what to do, OBSERVE. She put her items which scattered the floor in a small pile, then proceeded to put them in her saddle bags, and off she took to catch her friend.

__________________________________________


Part 2 will be out soon, just send a message or leave a comment if you liked it. I need friends to help me revise it. If you liked it send me your comments, and if you have read anything kind of like please send me the names, these stories plus stories about accomplishing stuff is usually the best. Thanks again!