• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 5,162 Views, 100 Comments

A Wish in Reality - MIKEANTHONY321



Rainbow Dash's wish to have a family comes true. Sequel to Bad Luck.

  • ...
9
 100
 5,162

A Life-Changing Decision

The three unboarded the huge vessel onto a white sandy beach. It was 2:05, and all passengers were told to be back on the vessel at 5:30 sharp.

As soon as they touched the sand, they realized how scorching hot it was.

To solve the issue, Rainbow and Flash buzzed their wings and hovered just above it. The unicorn mare used magic for a heat covering around her hooves. They left the beach and headed for the village not far away.

This village was a lot like Ponyville, except it had a tropical climate. Ponyville was probably getting snow right now, and here they experienced blistering hot sun in what seemed like the middle of summer. They couldn’t imagine what this place must be like in the real summer.

Walking in the extreme heat, Rainbow realized something. It had to of been a hundred and twenty degrees out here, and she was carrying foals on her back. The direct sun would be dangerous for their sensitive little hides, and probably sunburn them redder than a ripe apple. The sun would also heat the leather of the saddle she was wearing, and it would be uncomfortable for them to sit on.

“Uh, Flash? I think we’re going to need to take frequent shade breaks, the sun’s not good for the foals.” Rainbow mentioned.

Flash looked over at the foals resting on Rainbow’s back. He wished he had a camera; they just looked like two cute little angels.

“Yeah, I can see why. It looks like the heat is already getting to them.” Flash responded.

Rainbow Dash reeled around and peeked at her sleeping foals. She chuckled to herself.

“Alright, let’s get walking!” She beamed.

………………………………

The three walked around the shopping section of the tropical village, gazing at all the souvenirs. There were a lot of them, too. While they walked, the mare told them everything she knew about raising foals. It’s surprising they haven’t seen it before, but her cutie mark was a baby bottle.

“Are you a daycare provider?” Flash asked curiously.

“Why yes, I am!” The mare replied happily.

“And you’re going to have your own foal soon?” Rainbow added.

“Yes, which is only going to add to the number of children I have to look after.” The mare chuckled.

“Do you have a name yet?” Flash asked.

“No, but I do know that it’s a colt. I think he’s due in May.” The mare replied.

As they talked, they left the shopping district and took some trails down by the beach. The warm, tropical smell of the sea water was very relaxing. The trio walked down onto the sand, and immediately felt how hot it was again. They rushed over to an umbrella and sat down underneath it in the shade.

There was a little bit of silence as they watched a bunch of foals and their parents play out in the water. They also watched some surfers riding waves like professionals. When they reached the shore, they were surrounded by a group of mares.

The three chuckled at that. Stuff like this would happen a lot on islands like this, where it was always hot like summer.

Rainbow Dash finally spoke up. “So do you know who the father of your foal is?” She asked.

The mare didn’t respond. She just scoffed and rolled her eyes. Rainbow was confused.

“Maybe that was a little too personal.” Flash whispered to Rainbow.

“Oh…sorry.” Rainbow apologized to the mare.

Flash checked his watch. It was already 5:00.

“Wow, how did that happen? All we did was tour the shopping district and sit at the beach!” Flash reeled in shock.

“Time flies, doesn’t it?” Rainbow responded.

Rainbow turned to the mare. “We’re going to have to head back the ship. Are you coming?” She asked the mare.

“No, I’m going to stay here for just a little while longer.” The mare replied.

“Alright, I’ll see you back there!”

As Rainbow and Flash left, the mare thought to herself.

“Why would she ask a question like that?” She thought out loud.

………………………………..

Rainbow and Flash boarded the vessel, and rode the elevator back up to their suite. Flash used his key, and they entered the room. Soon after, the foals had woken up, and were clicking their tongues.

Flash, quick to pick up on symptoms, knew that this meant they were hungry. He gave Rainbow Dash a warm smile.

“Hey Rainbow, it looks like it’s feeding time!” He said sweetly.

“Oh shut up…” Rainbow replied, annoyed. She took the foals, and walked into the other room, shutting the door behind her. Because Celestia above, she did not want him to see what she had to do in there.

……………………………

During ‘feeding time’, Rainbow had realized the ship had begun moving again.

Leaving the room afterwards, she noticed Flash was missing. She walked over to the door, and saw a note attached to it. The note read, “Rainbow Dash, please meet me on the promenade deck. –Flash.”

After reading the note, Rainbow grabbed her foals and left the suite to go meet him.

……………………………

Flash was staring at the beautiful sunset out on the horizon as the ship slowly hummed across the water.

Totally lost in the moment, he hadn’t noticed Rainbow Dash walk up behind him.

“Hey, Flash.” Rainbow greeted very softly.

“Hello, Rainbow Dash. Come join me.” He replied at the same level. Rainbow Dash walked up beside him, and they both stared out at the sunset.

After a solid ten minutes of complete silence, Flash said something that to him would be a historical statement for the remainder of his life.

“Rainbow, I’m not sure you realize how much I love and care about you. Even before we dated, I always had a huge crush on you, with how brash, brave and loyal you always were.”

Rainbow stammered, “W…What do you mean? What are you saying?”

“What I’m saying is that I want to spend my life with you.” Flash reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a priceless diamond ring.

“Rainbow Dash…will you marry me?”

To be Continued…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author Notes:

Well, what do you think? Let me just say for the record that I got the daycare provider idea from my mom, who is also a daycare provider. Also, one of the babies my mom looks after clicks her tongue when she's hungry, so that's where that's idea came from. Funny, right? XD Let me know what you think!