• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 5,156 Views, 100 Comments

A Wish in Reality - MIKEANTHONY321



Rainbow Dash's wish to have a family comes true. Sequel to Bad Luck.

  • ...
9
 100
 5,156

Babysitting

……………………………………
-8 years later-
……………………………………

“Aw, why can’t I?” Blaze asked, disappointed.

“Does it need an explanation? You just can’t.” Flash replied.

“But why not?” He asked.

“For some reason I have a very bad feeling about you putting firecrackers in the microwave.” Thunder Flash answered, with a stern expression. “Where did you get them, anyway?”

“A couple of colts sold them to me.” Blaze replied.

Flash thought for a moment. “Do you know these colts?”

“Well…no, but—“

“Then you shouldn’t be buying stuff from them. If you had asked me, I could have gotten you a super-cool model rocket that could hit our house from the ground.”

Blaze stared back in awe. “Seriously?”

“Yeah, you bet!” Flash said.

“Awesome!” Blaze exclaimed as he ran back to his room. Right after, Rainbow Dash walked in.

“What’s he up to this time?” She asked.

It was noticeable that both Rainbow and Flash had been subject to aging ever so slightly over the years, being they both had a wrinkle under their eye.

“Our little stunt devil got his hooves on more explosives.”

Rainbow chuckled. “That’s not surprising.”

Flash changed the subject. “Do you know where Starlight is?” He asked.

“She went to the spa with Rarity and Fluttershy for today.” Rainbow replied.

*Beeeeeeep* went Rainbow’s hoof watch. It was time for Wonderbolts training.

“Okay Flash, we should go get ready. We don’t want to be late again!” Rainbow urged.

Rainbow was the first to go. She walked over to their room to the closet for her uniform. While she searched for it on the shelf, she heard a sizzle.

Meanwhile, Flash stood in the kitchen, awaiting his turn.

*BOOM!* the whole house shook, and a bright flash zinged from in their room.

Rainbow Dash stumbled out of the closet, swiping smoke away and coughing her lungs out. She swayed around a little bit, dazed.

When she came to, she saw Blaze down the hall, rolling on the floor laughing hysterically. She stomped down the hall toward him.

“Blaze, were you responsible for that?” She asked angrily.

Blaze wiped a tear from his eye, then stared up at her.

“Maybe…”

Rainbow Dash put her hooves on her hips. She was NOT amused.

“You know, I was going to have Princess Cadence babysit you as a special treat for while we’re gone, but perhaps I should send you to Applejack’s farm for hard labor.”

“No, don’t do that!” Blaze begged.

“Then behave. Make sure that doesn’t happen again.” Rainbow ordered.

“But mom…”

“No buts; just don’t do that ever again.”

Blaze looked down. “Okay…” He grumbled as he trudged off to his room.

Rainbow stared off as he left, then headed back to their room to get ready. Once she was done, Flash took his turn.

After a couple minutes, Flash waited at the door while Rainbow made a call. She told Cadence and Twilight they could show up to babysit Blaze, and she would pay them fifteen bits an hour.

However, they insisted on doing it for free.

After the call, Rainbow happily trotted to the door.

“Okay, let’s go!” Rainbow exclaimed.

Flash chuckled. “What has you so happy?”

Rainbow leaned in and whispered in Flash’s ear. “They’ll do it for free! Usually all our babysitters ask for more, but Twilight and Cadence will do it for free!”

A huge grin crossed Flash’s face.

“I hope they know what they’re getting into.” He chuckled.

“Yeah, let’s just hope the house is still intact when we return.” Rainbow replied, rolling her eyes.

Flash looked up and called to Blaze. “Alright, your babysitters will be here in about ten minutes, okay?” He called.

“Okay! Bye!” They heard Blaze call back.

“We love you!” Flash called back as the two walked out the door.

……………………………………

Twilight was using a temporary wing spell while she flew with Cadence to find Rainbow’s home.

“I never really met your friend Rainbow Dash. I mean, I saw her here and there at my wedding, but I never actually talked with her.” Cadence said.

“Well if you want, we can talk to her when she returns, after the job. I just can’t wait to see Blaze!” Twilight responded.

“Yeah, me too! I wonder if he’s like you when you were his age.” Cadence replied.

“Only one way to find out…”

The two approached the porch and knocked on the door. It slowly creaked open.

Cadence peeked inside. “Hello, anybody home?”

The two tiptoed inside, to the end of the foyer. They slowly looked around, and soon after, heard a sizzle.

Another foundation-rocking boom ripped through the house, blowing the two off their hooves onto the floor. They both just lied there, too dazed to say anything.

The boom wasn’t the only thing that rocked the house. Obnoxious laughter erupted from the other room, and could be heard clearly by the two of them.

Once Twilight shook of the fog in her vision, she walked to the other room to see what was going on.

Meanwhile, Cadence stood up, and walked to the kitchen. She found a note sitting on the dining table. She picked it up and read it.

“Cadence and Twilight, I hope you have a good time looking after Blaze. He is very fun-loving spirit, and loves to be around other ponies. I’m sure you two will bond to him very quickly. But be warned, some explosions might be thrown into the mix! -RD” She read.

Cadence chuckled. “It’s a little too late for THAT warning!” She joked.

Just then, Twilight entered the room, followed by Blaze. She was holding a huge sack of firecrackers.

“Are you kidding me?” She scoffed, holding up the bag. Cadence laughed.

…………………………………
-Later that evening-
…………………………………

As Rainbow and Flash flew home, they conversed a little.

“I hope nothing bad happened to them. Blaze is a serious troublemaker!” Flash laughed.

“Yeah, but look at the bright side. We got the schedule to our first show! I just can’t believe we’re performing with Spitfire, Soarin, Fleetfoot and Wave Chill at the next Grand Galloping Gala!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed, then let out a fan squeal.

“Man, you’re so cute when you squeal like that.” Flash stated.

“Oh, shut up! You know I hate it when you say that.” Rainbow noted.

There was a little bit of silence.

“You know what’s weird? We call our son Blaze, which is the same name as one of the Wonderbolts.” Flash noticed.

Soon, they reached the front door. Flash unlocked it, and they entered their home.

“We’re home!” He called.

Rainbow and Flash walked into the living room, and saw the three of them playing hot potato with a firecracker. They’re manes were a mess, and they had a layer of ash from explosions.

The firecracker ended up in Cadence’s hooves, and it blew up in her face. All three of them laughed.

“Well you guys seem to be having fun.” Rainbow said. The three party-goers turned and saw them standing there.

Blaze stood up quickly and ran toward them.

“Hey dad, look at this!” Blaze turned around and flashed him his flank, which showed a new cutie mark.

Rainbow and Flash’s jaws went slack.

“Oh…my…gosh…” They stuttered.

Blaze’s cutie mark was an explosion.

“I have no idea why your cutie mark looks like that.” Rainbow said sarcastically.

Twilight stood up and spoke. “I bet he’s going to LOVE the Fourth of July!” She joked.

Blaze looked confused. “What’s the Fourth of July?”

“It’s the day Equestria was founded. On that day, you have a huge party outdoors, and you set off hundreds of fireworks when it gets dark.” Flash answered.

The biggest smile ever known spread across Blaze’s face. “No…way.” He stuttered. “What day is it now?”

Flash walked to the kitchen and checked the calendar.

“It’s currently July 1st.” Flash replied.

“Three days and counting…” Blaze said devilishly.

“Well thanks for having us. We would LOVE to babysit him again!” Cadence offered.

“That would be great! Say…next week Friday?” Rainbow asked.

“Sure!” Twilight answered. Her and Cadence headed for the door.

“Okay, bye!” They called. They left out the door.

Blaze turned and asked Flash, “Could you buy me that model rocket to set off on the Fourth of July?”

Flash chuckled, then patted Blaze on the back. “Sure, buddy.”

To be Continued…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author Notes:

I don't know about you, but I really like this chapter! I don't know how many more chapters I'll be writing, but I'm pretty sure I'm not done yet! By the way, I added a fan drawing from DeviantArt to the first chapter. Let me know what you think about that. Also, I apologize about the first picture being so large. I couldn't find a better one.