• Published 3rd Jun 2012
  • 5,162 Views, 100 Comments

A Wish in Reality - MIKEANTHONY321



Rainbow Dash's wish to have a family comes true. Sequel to Bad Luck.

  • ...
9
 100
 5,162

Early Planning

……………………………
-One week later-
……………………………

Rainbow Dash’s friends stood just outside the dock, staring up at the huge cruise liner.

“Rainbow Dash must’ve had a lot of fun on that trip, for sure.” Fluttershy stated.

“I just can’t wait to see her foals again!” Rarity marveled. “They’re just so adorable!”

A huge horn blared out from the ship, and the whole crowd plugged their ears from the loud noise. A group of well-dressed unicorns at the front used their magic to lower a panel at the side of the ship, and the ship began to unboard, starting with the first-class passengers.

It wasn’t long before the five saw Rainbow Dash and Thunder Flash fly off the ship, with their foals on Rainbow’s back.

“Rainbow Dash!” The five said simultaneously.

“Hey guys!” Rainbow and Flash replied, simultaneously as well.

They all shared an awkward silence, then burst into laughter.

“Rainbow, it’s so good to see ya!” Applejack greeted. “How’ve ya been?”

“Awesome, and no less!” Rainbow replied happily.

Rainbow turned around and saw Rarity playing with her foals. They giggled and babbled happily, a lot like Pinkie Pie does.

“So did Flash ask you to get maaarrieeed?” Pinkie cooed at Rainbow Dash.

Twilight nudged Pinkie. “Shh, Pinkie. That’s none of your business.” She mentioned.

“It’s good to see you guys as well, but we’d best be getting home. We have stuff to do.” Flash said.

“Alright, bye!” Twilight called as the duo flew away.

Once they were gone, Twilight said something.

“Geez Pinkie, you’re such a loud-mouth.” She scolded.

“Well of course, where’s the fun in being a quiet-mouth?” Pinkie replied.

The five of them laughed.

………………………………

Flash turned the key, and they entered their house. It smelled like a brand-new residence, since they haven’t been in it for a while.

Rainbow put her foals down on the couch, and sat down next to them, wiped out.

“It’s weird that I’m so tired, a trip like that should be relaxing.” Rainbow wondered aloud.

“Yeah, tell me about it.” Flash replied.

There was a couple seconds of silence. “So what did you mean about ‘stuff to do’?” Rainbow asked.

“I just wanted to head home; I wasn’t really in the mood for conversation.” Flash answered.

Rainbow nodded in agreement, and then yawned. The foals saw her, and they yawned too.

“Well, I should go start making preparations for our big day in a couple of months. There’s a lot to do!” Flash stated, walking into the office room.

Rainbow called to him, “But you said it was in a couple of months! Why do you need to start now?”

“Better safe than sorry! I want to get started as soon as possible.” Flash called back.

……………………………

Flash had been working for about half an hour, taking notes to remind himself when to make calls and reserve things for the wedding and reception.

Suddenly, Rainbow called him. “I think I have a name for our son!” He heard faintly. He rushed into the other room to see.

“Really, what is it?” He asked excitedly.

“Blazing Sun, or Blaze for short.” Rainbow told him.

“Blazing Sun and Starlight…yeah! That’s cool, they’re like opposites, even though they were born at the same time.” He mused.

“Don’t say that word.” She ordered.

“Don’t say what word?”

“Born. I don’t want to remember that moment.” She said.

Flash chuckled. “I’m going to get back to work.” He said as he started to walk off.

“No, come stay with us and relax a little.” Rainbow pleaded.

Flash reeled around and saw all three of them giving him a look that said ‘Pretty please with a cherry on top?’ He sighed.

“How could I say no to you guys?” He chuckled again, and walked over to join them.

…………………………….

After about forty five minutes, it started to get late. They could tell because the foals couldn’t keep their little eyes open. The colt was starting to drift off, and the filly was already snoring.

“The filly reminds me of you.” Flash stated.

“How come?” Rainbow asked.

“She snores a lot, and it can get annoying after a while.” He replied.

“Do I seriously snore? I had no idea!” Rainbow mused.

“Yes, you snore a ton. It’s almost like a freight train about to blow through the wall.”

Rainbow Dash spent the next thirty seconds staring at Flash in awe before he finally spoke.

“Naw, I’m just kidding. You do snore, though.” He said.

“Okay…good to know.” Rainbow mumbled.

There were a couple minutes of silence again. You could slightly hear the wind howling and the thunder booming as the pegasi brought in a thunderstorm down below.

“Where do want the wedding and the reception to take place?” Flash asked.

“I don’t really care, as long as it’s not too formal. I don’t want something big, like for Celestia to be the preacher.” Rainbow chuckled.

“We could have Vinyl Scratch play at the reception.” Flash suggested.

“Yeah, and we could have Pinkie host most of the reception. She stinks at being formal!” Rainbow responded. They both laughed.

Both the foals were out cold now, nuzzled up against Rainbow Dash.

“I should go tuck them in, because you can’t sit right there forever!” Flash joked.

“For being only over a week old, they’ve gotten use to me pretty quickly.” Rainbow stated.

Flash scooped up the foals and started walking towards their room.

“Wait, why are you taking them in there?” Rainbow asked.

“I’m just going to put them in our bed; I’m not planning on going in there tonight.” Flash answered.

“Just going to lie around tonight?” Rainbow guessed.

“Pretty much, I’d crash right on the floor if I have to.”

“If you do, I do.” Rainbow insisted.

Flash chuckled, and carried the foals into their room. There was a couple seconds of silence before he walked back into the living room.

“It’s so much easier to lay them down when they’re already sleeping.” Flash said. He walked over and sat next to Rainbow Dash.

“Yeah, tell me about it.” She replied.

Flash changed the subject. “You know, we can have our wedding with Celestia and still have it non-formal. I was kind of hoping we could, since you’re the Element of Loyalty. You have a closer relationship to Celestia than most other ponies. Except Twilight, of course.” Flash explained.

Rainbow thought for a moment. “Yeah, I guess you could do that. Why are we planning anyway? The wedding is a ways away!” Rainbow asked.

Flash stayed silent for a moment before answering. “I just want our day to be as special as possible.”

He leaned in and kissed Rainbow Dash, and she returned the favor.

Meanwhile, the foals were at the doorway, watching and giggling again. Rainbow spotted them, and pulled away from Flash.

“Are you kidding me? How are you even awake right now?!” She yelled in surprise. The foals almost died giggling from their joke.

“I think they faked the whole ‘being sleepy’ thing so they could get dibs on our alone-time.” Flash deduced.

Rainbow scoffed. “Oh, you two are in for a wide load of time-outs!” She scolded. They continued to giggle.

To be Continued…

------------------------------------------------------------------
Author Notes:

Man, I love writing comedy like that! Anyway, the period of my story that was difficult to write should be over. The updates should be moving at a normal pace now. Hope you enjoyed!