• Published 21st Oct 2015
  • 6,242 Views, 152 Comments

Twilight the clown - TechnoPagan9



When the circus comes to town, Twilight decides to see the show but a certain magician has other ideas

  • ...
12
 152
 6,242

Curiosity may lead to Skittles

It had been 2 days since the show, none of the Mane 5 have managed to find out where Twilight is. Rainbow Dash had just come back to her home after searching in Cloudsdale and had no luck finding Twilight. There were no clues as why she wasn't in the audience that day or why she hadn't sent a message to any of them. Rainbow Dash was thinking about putting up some missing pony posters when she remember that the performers occasionally come into Ponyville to buy some supplies but for some reason they are never out of their costumes.

"Maybe if I wait for a bit I may catch one of them in the town again and follow them. Maybe they know something about Twilight's disappearance" Rainbow Dash said to herself while looking over Ponyville. She flew towards the marketplace and waited for about 4 minutes before notices one of the clowns. Dash recognized her as 'the newest one", Twinkle Sprinkle who seemed to be buying some bolts for her unicycle. Dash observed as after getting the bolts, Sprinkle horn glowed blue and cast a spell on the cash register when the sales pony wasn't looking which caused it to grow legs and started running away from the stall. As the sales pony started to run after it, Sprinkle gave a giggle and squeezed her nose letting out a squeak.

"That never gets old" said Sprinkle who proceeded to walk in the direction of the the circus tent.

"Ok there she is, I should follow her back" Dash said in her head and followed her to the circus. Sprinkle walked to the back of the tent with Dash still on her tail and pushed the center of the tent. It opened like a house door much to Dash's surprise who was hiding on a nearby cloud and after waiting for Sprinkle to enter the door and for it to shut, proceeded to examine the door spot. Dash tried open the door through many means such as pulling open the bottom, pushing it and ramming into it. It didn't seem possible to open and Dash sighed.

"I can't use the main entrance, I will get caught so maybe I could wait for somepony to leave" Dash thought. As she was about to hide back on the cloud, the door opened and Dash took the opportunity to enter. Dash saw some very small houses, each oddly coloured such as one that was black with many stars and one that was painted like Sprinkle's dress. Dash looked around some more, noticing a unicycle that looked like it was in a state of repair.

"If that Sprinkle was repairing it then why has she just left it there" Dash said in her head completely unaware that Sprinkle watching her through an cloaking spell. She grinned and whispered to herself "Yes you followed me in" and alerted Sasha through telepathy of the new rainbow maned 'applicant' who 'will be joining the circus'. Sasha left her tent and noticed Rainbow Dash looking through the props and walked towards her.

"Hey what are you doing here?" Sasha said, pretending to have no idea.

Dash jumped at her voice, she remembered that this was the ringmaster so if anyone knew where her friend was it would be this strange creature.

"Where is Twilight, she came to the circus 2 days ago but I didn't see her and she hasn't come back" Dash demanded. Sasha smiled and replied "I saw you in the crowd so you must have seen her performance. Your rainbow mane is unmistakable". Dash was taken aback by this, Twilight wasn't a clown and she only wanted to see the show, not be part of it....or did she.

"What, my friend didn't want to join, what have you done with her". Dash said in an annoyed tone. Sasha signaled Sprinkle to come to her side.

"She is right here you silly mare" Sasha said as Sprinkle deactivated the cloaking spell. Dash who was shocked at her sudden appearance.

"Hello Dashie, here I am" said Sprinkle with a smile. Dash didn't believe what she was seeing, was this really Twilight she was looking at.

"No,no,no this isn't Twilight at all, she looks nothing like her besides the fur coat and doesn't do this because eggheads read at books not juggle them." Dash said.

Sprinkle just giggled and replied 'I prefer Twinkle Sprinkle now, my old name was boring and so was my look. I looked like a boring, smart egghead who's only joke was putting ponies to sleep with silly information that no one understands". Sprinkle continued with "besides doesn't this makeover suit me better than anything that marshmallow could ever come up with, heck maybe she should get some inspiration from here don't you think".

"Twilight you must have been brainwashed, you would have never accepted this". Dash said having accepted that this is indeed Twilight. She turned to Sasha.

"You, undo this and let Twilight go or I will fight you" Dash Threatened. Sasha and Sprinkle just laughed at her threat before Sprinkle spoke up.

"Dashie, I led you here because I want you to join, I want everypony to join. Its logical because your mane makes you look like a natural clown." Sprinkle said with a grin and giggle causing Dash to blush with embarrassment and feel insulted by the comment.

"Stop mocking me". Dash said while her face was bright red. Sprinkle's eye's narrowed and an evil grin.

Sprinkle said "its not like you have a choice here so maybe this will encourage to be more accepting" Sprinkle said signaling Sasha to send a clown nose to Dash. All Dash said was "Wut" when the nose attached itself to her snout which turned pink. Dash began to tingle as her vision seemed to be at the airfield of the Wonderbolts academy.

"Why am I here? Where did the tent go?" She asked herself as her mane getting longer.

"You pulled the short straw Dash and we decided you would entertain us as a clown. Hope you have some pies" a voice said. Dash turned behind her to find Soarin grinning and holding an apple pie to which Dash backed away slowly.

"I don't remember pul....pie me Soarin....wait what" Dash said as the pie was thrown into her face. Her mane had the edge curl up into a ball and was kept from loosing by a rainbow bow while her fringe had extended to a point where it covered part of her eyes. As she cleared her face of the pie, she felt dizzy.

"Why is the world spinning and What happened to my mane!" Dash shouted as she noticed the length of her mane. She tried to undo the bow but it was no use. She saw Soarin and the other Wonderbolts laughing at her causing her to lush with embarrassment.

"Please stop lauging at me" Dash said as she tried to get the nose off. Meanwhile as they watched the rainbow mane pegasus transform. Sprinkle and Sasha discussed what Dash's new name will be.

"Hmmm, Miss Blitz sounds like a good name" said Sprinkle but Sasha felt it lacked a comedy element and thought of a different name. It didn't take long for her to think of one.

"How about Ms Match". Sprinkle gave Sasha a confused look.

"I don't get it" She said bluntly

"Well she has many colours and they don't really match" Sasha said.

"Nah, there has to be a more creative name we can think of" Sprinkle said. Meanwhile back in Dash's mind her wings suddenly took flight against her will.

"Wait stop, I didn't say you should flap" Dash said to her wings before she shouted at the Wonderbolts.

"STOP LAUGHING it isn't....I hope you enjoy watching me crash.....No no crashing" She said with fear in her eyes as a collar with the comedy and tragedy masks on them had formed around her neck. She started doing some aerial acrobatics before flying through some large balloons but the acrobatics made the dizziness worse as she further lost her grip on her mind.

"I feel like I'm going to be sick" Dash thought before she hit the final balloon which just so happened to be filled with bricks. She started to fall back to the airfield and as she did she pasted through a rainbow. Each colour of the rainbow followed her down and wrapped around her, forming a rainbow coloured dress. Some sort of pinkish purple fabric formed on her, connected the necklace and dress together while forming holes for her wings while different coloured dots formed on her legs and hoofs.

"No flap wings fl....big smack down" Dash said as she smashed onto the airfield. The Wonderbolts seemed concerned at first until Dash giggled and grabbed her head with her right hoof and pulled it up, revealing a very flat face.

"Look ma I am roadkill" She said with a smile and giggle. The Wonderbolts laughed as Dash pushed her clown nose causing her body to inflate back to normal.

"Ple...sto....Looks do some unicycling and juggling but I don't have a unicycle. O well, time to Improvise" Dash thought as she stood on her back hoofs and placed a front hoof into her dress revealing some juggling balls. She started to juggle and as time went on she used her wings to slowly lift her in the air and posed her flank as if sitting on something while moving her back legs as if pedaling something. The Wonderbolts giggled at the clown mare's attempt at miming a unicycle. Sunlight beamed at Dash's hoofs and the bottom of her dress, it glowed brighter and start to turn solid, forming yellow shoes with pink frills on her hoofs and a golden frill below her dress.

"Can't..fi...it......Hey Soarinnnnn you want some pie?" Dash asked as her eyelashes curled up. Soarin nodded and opened his mouth while Dash pulled out a pie from under her dress. She closed her eyes before throwing it into Soarin's face where he screamed as it burned his face. A tag on the pie's tin read 'red hot chili peppers pie WARNING: will possibly incinerate your face' as the Wonderbolts laughed at the pie faced stallion who was running all over the place. Dash smiled and opened her eyes revealing they had turned pink.

"Thats what you get Soarin, never pie Skittle Giggle" Rainbow Dash, now Skittle Giggle said as she giggled and bow to the Wonderbolts as her cutie mark turned into a clown going through a hulu hoop. Her vision returning to the tent where Sasha and Sprinkle were having a conversation about skittles.

"They are very fruity, I am surprised with a place that mainly eats fruits, they never really created skittles here" said Sasha

"Well, Pinkie always making something sweet in Sugarcube Corner, maybe she could create a similar recipe" suggested Sprinkle

"Maybe she can also create M&Ms, they are like skittles but chocolate based" said Sasha

"O tell me more" Sprinkle said with an intrigued expression before Skittle flew into her.

"Thank you Sprinkle" Skittle said cuddling her friend.

"How do feel...Skittle Giggle" Sprinkle asked.

"I feel....great, you were right Sprinkle, I should never have doubted my friend" Skittle replied giggling at her silly attempts to make her friend leave her passion. Sasha went back to her tent and Sprinkle proceeded to show Skittle around. They were stopped by Caty and Loopy who had just finished practicing.

"Hi Sprinkle, I am sorry to bother you but do you know anywhere we could buy clown themed clothes?". Caty asked

Sprinkle grinned at this and handing Caty a clown nose and replied "I know a certain marshmallow who does fashion, she owns a place called Carousel Boutique. I think she could do with some inspiration from you in case she doesn't have any. Caty said thanks and said hello to Skittle before heading out with Loopy to Ponyville.

"So you want to practice as a duo" Skittle asked. Sprinkle noticed she hadn't finished repairing her unicycle.

"Well help get my toy fixed then we will practice" Sprinkle said causing Skittle to smile and (without thinking) flew into the unicycle smashing it completely. Sprinkle sighed as she went to collect the pieces.

Author's Note:

Chapter 3 is done and now Rainbow is part of circus. If it were the real Soarin, he may lose his addiction to apple pie.

Here is the link to the original image of Rainbows clown tf: http://tf-circus.deviantart.com/art/TF-Circus-Equestria-Skittle-Giggle-535706781