• Published 20th Oct 2015
  • 2,831 Views, 51 Comments

The Equestrian adventures of Generator Rex - Kaliann25



Rex is lost in Equestria with no memories of his past; but luckily for him the Great and Powerful Trixie is there to help and who knows! Probably become more than a mere friend for the young EVO.

  • ...
8
 51
 2,831

The mutant

1
The mutant:

Trixie sighed tired but satisfied after another day of hard work; after all she had one of the most dangerous and despised works in Equestria. But looking on the bright side, Trixie was her own boss.
After being defeated by Twilight a second time, Trixie took a moment to reconsider her whole life from the very beginning. She was a gifted unicorn, there was no doubt about it; perhaps not as the recently named Equestrian Princess, but anypony knew that Trixie had talent. That’s why she decided that work in a rock farm wasn’t the career for her… and even after the humility lesson she learnt from Twilight, Trixie knew that she wanted to use her magic but not anymore as a traveling magician.
No, the Great and Powerful Trixie wasn’t a street performer anymore, no, she was a feared bounty hunter. As skilled and brutal as only herself, there was no job that Trixie couldn’t handle easily. Everypony in the underworld knew for sure that once Trixie take somepony as a target, that pony was doomed for sure. I mean, Trixie even recovered her fame as ‘Great and Powerful’ in a matter of days.

“An excellent afternoon for the Great and Powerful Trixie, but now is time to enjoy my delicious reward” said Trixie admiring the bottle of wine and the fancy cheeses she just purchased. Since she was always alone because of her job, Trixie acquired the habit of speak to herself. “Anyway, it’s a shame not to have a friend to share it with; but is the price of success. Trixie’s success”

She was too concentrated on her monologue that she didn’t noticed the fainted stallion who was on her way home until she bumped with him making her fall and almost lost her precious bottle. But once Trixie recovered and confirmed that her belongings were safe, she proceed to examine the young pony before her.
He was a gray-blue earth pony with a red and orange jacket, a short black mane and some kind of goggles on his head.
A passed out stallion in the middle of her way? There was only one logical explanation for this!

“Ey, wake up! Who do you think you are to get drunk on the Great and Powerful Trixie’s way home, huh? Come on, answer me!”

But he didn’t responded, not even when Trixie used her magic to shake him violently. What was going on? Was he really drunk or perhaps something else? Trixie approached to the boy only to realize his entire body was covered with wounds and burns.

“For Celestia’s sake, you’re terribly hurt! What is the Great and Powerful Trixie suppose to do with you?” Asked the blue unicorn.

At the end she decided to take him home and do what she could. As a bounty hunter, Trixie spent most of her time practicing both attack and healing spells; much because in her position as an outlaw, she wasn’t able to go to a hospital like any other decent citizen of Equestria.
Carefully levitating the stranger, Trixie moved the poor stallion to the small mansion she owned (believe it or not, thanks to her new job Trixie was a very wealthy pony). Once she arrived, she began to heal his wounds the best she could; but some of it were at least three months old. Still there was enough recent ones that she healed quickly.
And after several hours, Trixie knew she did all she could and her stomach claimed for attention.

“I know, the Great and Powerful Trixie spent too much time with this pony that she missed dinner, but that’s about to change right now; so what about a generous plate of can soup? Trixie knows I had better plans for dinner tonight but we can have it tomorrow”

Nothing else happened that night, Trixie placed the stranger on her bed and spent the night watching him; but he didn’t react until next morning.

“Ey! Are you okay now? Can you talk?”

The young one seemed disoriented but he nodded weakly.

“Ehem, yes, thank you. I…”

“It’s alright” said Trixie with a faint smile. “Do you remember what happened to you?”

The boy looked at Trixie and tried to remember but he immediately began to scream in pain grabbing his head. Trixie moved carefully backwards, but the stranger didn’t attack.

“Wait, its okay!” Said Trixie a minute after. “Whatever happened to you left you very damaged and can’t remember… yet. In the meantime, try to get better. Oh! And my name is Beatrix, by the way. Beatrix Lulamoon; but you can call me the Great and Powerful Trixie”

The stranger looked dumbly to her but nodded quickly.

“Ehem, yeah, thank you Trixie. My name is Rex, Rex Salazar… and that’s all I can remember besides waking up here with you. Then everything is blank, sorry…”

“You don’t have to apologize” said Trixie taking a tray with a full breakfast and giving it to Rex. “Here, eat something and then we’ll go to the city to find you a doctor; they probably have better healing magic than Trixie”

“Thank you for all you did for me” smiled Rex. “Ey, wait a minute! Did you say magic?”

Trixie raised an eyebrow but nodded.

“Yeah, magic” she said levitating an orange in front of Rex. “Like this, and Trixie is beginning to think you hit your head a little too hard. Anyway, do you know where we are?”

Rex tried to remember but at the end he shook his head sadly.

“Sorry”

“It’s okay. We’re in Trottingham; a city in Equestria. Does that name ring a bell?”

Rex shrugged but smiled warmly.

“I can’t remember but está bien Trixie. You already helped me a lot”

“Don’t even mention it” smiled Trixie proudly. “Even if most of the ponies think the contrary, Trixie isn’t bad. Now, shall we move now?”

Rex, who already finished his breakfast, nodded happily and followed Trixie. The blue unicorn was a little worried about the stallion’s memory but there were more than enough doctors in Equestria to take care of that issue.

Trottingham was a relatively big city; not as big as Canterlot or Manehattan but bigger than Ponyville and Appleloosa together. Anyway, what Rex noticed first was that most of the ponies avoided Trixie as they were afraid. From Rex too but only because he was with the infamous unicorn.
Both of them were walking through the most dangerous alleys, frequented only for the lowest by the lowest such as robbers, dealers, drunks… and bounty hunters.

“Where are we going?” Asked Rex.

“To the bounty hunters information circles, in Trixie’s experience they’re more reliable than the city records. Before taking you to a hospital we should make sure that you don’t have any family or friends in here”

Rex nodded, it made sense.

But suddenly a bunch of ponies jumped out of nowhere surrounding the two of them. One of them even tackled Trixie and took her by the horn preventing her to use magic… or that’s what he thought because the blue mare kicked her right on her masculinity making the pony bend in pain. With a smirk, Trixie pushed him away and finished the job by sending a powerful lighting that made the poor stallion scream in pain.

“Anypony else?” Asked Trixie.

Several other jumped to Trixie approaching a knife to her horn to cut it off and letting the blue unicorn useless for the bounty hunter business.
Rex screamed and ran to help his new friend but an enemy unicorn stopped him with his magic.

“Easy buddy; this is a private party”

Rex tried to struggle against the magic but he couldn’t; he was too strong.

“We saw what happened” explained the unicorn. “Who would say it? Lulamoon capable of an act of kindness! Anyway, she owes us that our captain was arrested and we came for revenge. No worries, we’ll let take you exactly where she was taking you”

“NO THANKS, I ALREADY CHOSE A SIDE!” Shouted Rex struggling harder; but he couldn’t do anything; again, his opponent’s magic was too strong.

Trixie was desperate, if she weren’t that focused on her new friend she could do something to avoid this but now…

“TRIXIE!!” Shouted Rex at the time his eyes began to irradiate a white light and his forelegs transformed into two enormous mechanized hands.

The unicorn who was holding him screamed and released Rex; a critical mistake that sent him violently to a wall making a giant crack and also breaking his bones.
The other ponies froze in terror, the only one who actually did something was the one about to cut Trixie’s horn who aimed his knife to Rex even if he was shaking in fear.
By pure instinct, Rex turned one of the mechanized orange hands into one big fat sword and disarmed the foe with an agile thrust.
The others ran for their lives but Rex turned the sword into a mechanized tentacle and grabbed them all; only to send a powerful electric current from the battery that appeared on his back that made their enemies faint.

“Rex?” Asked Trixie when the boy went back to normal

“Trixie, believe me: I have no idea of what just happened” said Rex very scared. “I, I…”

“It’s alright Rex, it’s alright” said the blue mare hugging her new companion. “You saved Trixie’s life and it’s all that matters”

Rex didn’t seemed happy and Trixie couldn’t really blame him; obviously he was scared and knew that what he just done wasn’t normal at all.
After exchanging a look, they both knew they had the same thing in mind.

“First things first” said Trixie. “Help Trixie bring these idiots to the police station, cash the reward and we’ll think in something”

“There’s a reward for them?”

“Of course! The whole band have at least a hundred bits by each one! And Trixie thought that she had a good week by capturing their leader yesterday! Now help me; forgive Trixie if she’s mistaken but she thinks you need some cash, right?”

And she had a point so they grabbed the attackers to the nearest station and got seven hundred bits before go back to Trixie’s home.

“Now Rex, Trixie can let you the seven hundred, more than enough to find you a decent place and food for a week or two; but she doesn’t feel comfortable with that”

“Why? Because you get nothing?” Mocked Rex.

“No idiot, because you’re some kind of mutant with no memories of his past and it could be dangerous to abandon you to your luck. And because of her last experiences, Trixie is a much more humble and kind pony that she used to be. So, would you like to stay with Trixie?”

“Eh…”

Rex was astonished, he never expected that somepony that he just met would offer him a hoof just like that, and she even took care of him when he was unconscious. There was a small possibility that she was the one who left him on that state but he felt that he could trust Trixie. But most important, he wasn’t use to this kind of kindness… or was he? He didn’t know.

“Órale, pues muy bien Trixie. But first promise Rex that you won’t talk in third person anymore because that confuses Rex”

Trixie pouted but couldn’t help but smile to the stallion. She didn’t really know why she was being so kind; maybe because she was alone.

“I’m glad you accepted Tri… I mean my offer”

“Thank you Trixie, I don’t know if I’ll be able to make it up to you”

“A certain idiot taught a thing or two about humility; besides every good action is sooner or later rewarded by Celestia so don’t worry about it my friend”

“I was talking about the third person thing; you know how annoying it is?”

“Ha-ha”

Trixie shot a small beam to Rex, who transformed his forelegs into two small mechanized hands that generated a small energy field that protected him from Trixie’s attack. Again both of them exchanged a silent look but kept walking. After all they had all the time in the world to meditate about it.

In the meantime, far, very far away in a different world, a strange bipedal creature with two pairs of hands (two normal sized and the other two gigantic and deform) was walking to a unprecise direction; keeping her eyes closed and talking to herself.

“You cannot avoid me forever Breach!” Shouted Van Kleiss. “What have you done with him?”

Breach turned to the other mutant and shrugged.

“What have you done? Where did you sent him?” Demanded Van Kleiss again.

“He told me he was sick of everything and wanted to run away. He is broken, I cannot play with him anymore. I gave him what he asked for, I sent him so far that not even I know where he is now”

Van Kleiss looked at Breach with anger bursting in his eyes; but he knew there was nothing he could do for now.
And hidden in another spot, a man in a gray suit and sunglasses pressed the little communicator on his ear.

“Holiday, did you hear?”

“I’m afraid so Six; and it’s true. Not even Cesar is capable to track Rex. We lost him, not sure how long; probably forever”

Agent Six grinded his teeth and went back to headquarters unsure what to do from now. He just hoped to see the boy one more time.

Author's Note:

This is a small story I made long ago; it's suppose to happen in the middle of the four season before Tirek destroys the tree-brary. I hope you liked and,

Read ya' later!!