• Published 20th Oct 2015
  • 2,831 Views, 51 Comments

The Equestrian adventures of Generator Rex - Kaliann25



Rex is lost in Equestria with no memories of his past; but luckily for him the Great and Powerful Trixie is there to help and who knows! Probably become more than a mere friend for the young EVO.

  • ...
8
 51
 2,831

Trixie and Rex

7
Trixie and Rex

GREAT GALLOPING GALA ENDS UP IN A DISASTER: MYSTERIOUS GROUP OF BOUNTY HUNTERS EXECUTE A CAPTURE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE EVENT

Yesterday, during the most exclusive event of Canterlot, the infamous group of bounty hunters known as Providence made what was thought as impossible: to foalnap one a high-ranked officer of the Royal Guard, the Sun Captain himself Master Sword.
Not only it was risky to try a move against one of the most famous soldiers well known by his achievements in combat, but they also did it during one of the events with most security in the Kingdom.
The leader of Providence, the former street magician Beatrix Lulamoon, managed to make Master Sword confess his crimes to the whole guests before face him in a hoof-to-hoof combat along with her partner, Rex Salazar. Salazar was capture right after the events of the night and is considered a dangerous since he revealed himself as a mutant during the confrontation with Master Sword.
The true nature about Salazar’s abilities remains unknown, but the authorities assure us that they’ll find out and prevent us if there’s any other pony with similar abilities. Along with that, Lulamoon is still free and the Crown offers a 5000 bits for any information that leads to her capture.

The article finished with a perfect photo of Trixie on Rex’s bike along with the unconscious soldier.

“Miss, are you gonna buy or only mess with my merchandise?”

Trixie (under a camouflage spell with blonde mane and magenta fur) deposited five bits on the counter desk.

“The Canterlot Times only costs one bit”

“I want the five papers you sell” said Trixie.

The salespony shrugged and give her what she wanted in a plastic bag. The mare went out of the store without saying a word.
As she imagined, the scandal they made with Rex attracted the attention of the first pages of all the diaries. She always dreamed to one day appear on the headlines but now she had more important things to think about… specifically a young earth pony who sacrificed himself in order to get her free. Her first true friend and most recently her lover.

“Damn it Rex! Why would you do that? At least Providence’s profits are already on the house; now Trixie haves to think how to save the other half of Providence. I hope that go to prison would be easier to get out. Rex, why you did that? I’m not worthy”

Said that, she lead to the Palace. One of the tricks she used the most was to hide at sight, all she had to do was to enter to the dungeons and let the guard to take her inside. No problems, or at least she hoped so.

...

In a tiny cell of the Palace, Rex sighed. He turned himself in just to give his best friend the chance to escape, and he really hoped that she used that chance instead of try something stupid, like try to rescue him.
He looked around him, three walls and bars.

“Huh, why not try”

Without any hope, he kicked the wall with the Smack-Hands; but besides make the cell shake, nothing happened, not a single crack. Then he tried to use the Punk-Busters to the bars but again nothing. Finally he charged again to the bars with the Big-Fat-Sword. Still nothing so he sit on his bed.

“Do you really thought it would be that easy, Rex Salazar?” Asked a maternally stern voice.

He turned, it was Celestia, along with the others: Luna, Candace and Twilight.

“I had to try, besides there’s nothing I can lose, only time and I have tons of it” he said like calmly. “But I should imagine this cell would have a spell or something. Anyway…”

“I’m curious my boy” said Celestia. “How you do that stuff?”

“Nanites” he answered instantly, but suddenly he froze. What was that? Another memory?

“Don’t play games with us” said Luna sternly. “What are Nanites?”

Rex shrugged.

“I don’t know! see: the thing is I have no memories of my past, I have no idea of who I am, where I come from or why I have this powers. My whole memories are only for the past six months when Trixie found me out of her house unconscious and hurt. Since then we’ve being together as a team and things look great for us. We even kissed and have a date on a high-class event!”

Candace sighed with patience.

“Are you trying to be funny?”

Rex smiled stretching on his bed.

“Yeah, I have the habit to make bad puns whenever I’m nervous. For example: did you know alcohol is great for your eye-sight? It makes you see double!”

Princesses exchanged a look and laughed happily. Everypony but Luna, who seemed annoyed. Still Twilight had something else in mind:

“Tell me Rex Salazar, what can you tell me about Trixie? Why did you associated with her? Did she took advantage of how she found you in front of her house?”

Rex shook his head.

“She healed me and took me to the city looking for professional help, but suddenly we were attacked and I found that I had powers; so we get back to Trixie’s home really scared. Then I stayed with her even if she offered e money to start a new life, did you know she’s super-rich? Anyway I stayed because I liked to be with her; even if I disliked what she did for living. But then I helped her with a job in Manehattan and here we are, Providence”

Then Luna approached and decided to save time and effort with Rex, so she casted a spell to allow everypony to see Rex’s memories even at her sister’s protest.
The memories projected from Rex’s eyes allowing to see what happened. As Rex assured, his memories remained only to the past six months. Luna tried to force more to come to light but the whole body of Rex shacked in resistance; just as happened at Doctor Freud’s clinic.
A white light appeared through his eyes while his machines began to lose control.

“LUNA STOP IT!” Shouted Celestia.

She obeyed gulping.

“Well, that was interesting. Apparently you’re telling the truth and have a good heart, even if you associated with the wrong ponies”

“Trixie may be a little zafada and is at the wrong side of the law but is chida and I like her how she is. I don’t care what you think, she’s a good pony”

Cancade smiled to Rex, moved by the love on his words; but they had to discuss first so they moved to other room.
Rex just shrugged and went back to bed.

“What you think?” Asked Celestia.

“Even if with his powers, I see no danger coming from him” reasoned Candace. “He likes to fight but he never pass to certain limit”

“I see no danger NOW” said Luna. “He haves great power but he’s just a young colt, and a young colt with that amount of power is a recipe for disaster. I suggest to lock him in a hospital until we know what we’re dealing with”

Celestia sighed with patience, but she knew that they had no other choice. She looked to her faithful student looking for support but she was thinking in something else.

“Let me and my friends speak with him. I do think that he’s a good pony and his skills can be used for good. The problem here is Trixie but… that’s why I want to talk with him. I’m sure we can get Trixie through him and together they can become helpful to Equestria”

Celestia raised an eyebrow.

“Beatrix Lulamoon you say? I she who worries you?·

Twilight nodded.

“Quoting Rex, she may be a little ‘zafada’ but she’s a good pony in the insede. And she’s capable to do terrible things whenever she’s desperate… and now that we have her partner I can’t imagine what she would do”

“Probably something really stupid” reasoned Luna. “But terrible things? I thought you just know her about the Ursa Major thing and that wasn’t even her falut”

Twilight didn’t answer, in fact she avoided tell the Princesses about the Alicorn Amulet incident, mostly for Trixie’s sake. But that wasn’t the time to think about it.

“It doesn’t matter, right now can me and my friends can talk to Rex Salazar?”

The other three Princesses nodded.

“Go ahead Twilight Sparkle. You demonstrated us that you and your friends can handle with every situation if you want to. But this time I’ll join you, just as a precaution; we don’t know what can happen with Rex Salazar’s abilities”

Twilight agreed and ran looking for Spike to send the message to her friends.

On the Princesses’ private gardens, Trixie wandered around looking for a guard, she didn’t had to wait too long.

“Ey! This is a restricted area!”

Trixie ran to hug him like feeling relevied.

“At least! Thanks Celestia I found somepony. I came with the eleven o’clock tour, got lost and before I knew I was in here. Can you guide me outside, please?”

The soldier’s expression softened.

“Of course young lady, follow me please!”

Trixie evaluated her savior, finding the key to the dungeons. Before he could react, she knocked him with a branch, took the key and ran where her partner was locked. As the prevented mare Trixie was, before she brought Master Sword to the Griffon’s king, she questioned him about the castle security to be extra sure she could enter without being noticed. The blue unicorn had her compass, her map and the key; now it was time to do her thing.
The guards patrolled walking in repetitive patterns, like bored of their work; so it was easy for Trixie to knock them one by one and finally enter.

“I’ll be with you in no time, just wait for me, Rex”

“So do you really want to help Trixie?” Asked Fluttershy while the group were walking to the dungeons along with Princess Celestia.

“Come on Fluttershy, is the least we can do” said Twilight. “Trixie is not bad, a little impulsive and stupid but not bad. And the last time she wasn’t being herself, we can forgive her for that”

“Well I believe in second chances, is what friends do” said Pinkie happily.

“I just hope that she actually learns something this time” said Rarity making a lady-like pose.

Rainbow just grumped, she never liked Trixie and since she read on the newspaper that two bounty hunters locked her friend Gilda she disliked her even more. Still Twilight wanted to believe.

“Come on, we all know Trixie, and surely she would do something really stupid in any moment so we have to be alert”

Applejack then stopped and gulped.

“Ey Twi, when you say something stupid, to break into the dungeons would count?”

“Technically yes but is impossible to do such thing” said Twilight before spotted the blue mare speaking with Rex through the bars. “Oh, you have to be kidding me”

Trixie turned to them.

“Trixie is not Celestia’s most praised student but I still am a gifted mare, Sparkle”

The seven ponies (yes, including Celetia) dropped their jaws, how did she got in without alerting all the guards.

“Trixie? What are you doing here?” Asked Twilight.

The unicorn just gave Twilight an insolent look.

“Being that stupid I can’t imagine how you ended up as Celestia’s student, Twilight Sparkle. Trixie is here for her friend”

“Don’t’ you dare to call my friend stupid” warned her Rainbow.

“Or what, Rainbow Crash?” Defied Trixie with a devious smile.

Rainbow wasn’t in the mood for joking and charged against her opponent at full speed, but Trixie simply teleported to left making Rainbow crash against a door.

“That nickname really suits you, Rainbow Crash” laughed Trixie.

Celestia advanced, calmed but stern.

“Watch your mouth, Beatrix Lulamoon. You’re in enough trouble already, by infiltrating in the Gala and foalnap a member of my guard to make justice in your own hooves. Besides, do you realize to get out of here won’t be as easy as enter?”

Trixie nodded.

“Trixie knows it very well your highness; that’s what I planned anyway. I don’t care where I am as long as I can be with Rex Salazar. Trixie knows it sounds lame and stupid, but he is my first true friend, and the first pony who makes me feel like this. I can’t let him go, he’s my very special somepony”

Rex chuckled.

“Leaving sappy things aside, I’ve spent the last fifteen minutes trying to convince her to run but she just don’t listen”

Nopony said nothing until Twilight approached carefully to the bounty hunter.

“Okay, I can understand it but… do you realize you could avoid all this? why did you had to become a bounty hunter? One of the most dangerous and illegal jobs in Equestria, you could be with Rex if only you weren’t broke the law”

Trixie smiled to Twilight, sincerely smiled.

“Because of you, Twilight Sparkle”

“Seriously?” Sighed Rarity. “Are you really blaming Twilight for your wrong choices, again?”

“Trixie is not blaming nopony for nothing. Last time I tried to blame Sparkle for my own stupidity I ended up wearing a cursed amulet that instead of giving me the power to defeat Sparkle, drove me crazy and tried to enslave Ponyville”

Celestia looked Twilight like asking, but the other alicorn avoided to look her on the eyes. Gulping, Twilight returned her attention to Trixie, who seemed… happy.

“After Sparkle saved me from the amulet and I realized all the bad things it made me did, I had to run away and restart my life from scratch. But the good thing was that I realized how I enjoyed using my magic, and if I wanted to start over again; I wanted a job where I could use magic. And one day two idiots tried to assault me, but I easily defeated and delivered them to the police, where I got a reward for doing that. It was a revelation for Trixie, that was the sign I was waiting for, a job where I could use my magic at any way I wanted without being criticized, being a bounty hunter”

“Trixie, that’s the wrong path!” Protested Twilight.

“Is the right one, because I chose it, Sparkle. For the first time in my life before I invented the lie about the Ursa I feel that I love what I do, even recovering my fame as Great and Powerful but this time for real”

“And our fame only incremented when we became Providence” added Rex.

They both smiled to each other and looked at the group like waiting for their destiny.
At the end Celestia sighed and opened the cell’s door, allowing Trixie to get in and kiss her stallion.

“So we’re going to be partners in jail, right Rex?”

“Chido… but this wasn’t the best of your ideas, right?”

“Maybe, but I just wanted to be with you Rex”

But suddenly Celestia interrupted their moment.

“You don’t understand, go away”

“Sorry, what?” Asked Trixie.

“Out of my sight, seriously” warned Celestia.

“WHAT?” they all shouted.

“You heard me. I’ve seeing and heard enough and I see no reason for you to stay. Perhaps Beatrix Lulamoon have done some serious things on the past, that somepony should told me, but now is too late. Still, Master Sword did horrible things under my supervision and he deserves what the Griffon King has prepared for him, so you’re free to go”

Luna appeared before them seeming confused.

“Are you out of your mind or what sist? Rex’s abilities make him a great danger for the entire pony race, we can’t let him go mjust like that”

“I have the feeling that on the right time, he’ll be useful for us. Right now we better let them go with a warning”

No one said more and Celestia herself guided the two prisoners out of the castle.

“But be aware, I don’t want to see you ever again, is that clear?”

“Crystal like” said Trixie jumping on Rex’s motorcycle.

“Wait, Trixie!” Called Twilight. “Is there any way to convince you to change this dangerous path of yours?”

“No there isn’t, Sparkle. Now, I hope to never see you again, I have a huge reward I want to spend as soon as possible. Perhaps I’ll do another anonymous donation to Ponyville but that would be all”

Rex smiled to Twilight.

“She’s chida when she wants”

Then they moved at full speed; and after winking an eye, Trixie shot her trademark fireworks before disappear on the horizon.

“I’ll see you again Trixie, even if you don’t want to”

“I hope you have good news, Doctor Salazar” said the Black Knight.

“As a matter of fact, I have” smiled César. “I found a track, is weak and unprecise but I’m ninety percent sure is Rex’s transmitters. Now all I have to do is to create a device to imitate Breach’s powers and go for him”

The Black Night nodded, they’ll see each other again. Not now but one day.

Author's Note:

This one was fast, I concentrated more on Trixie’s redemption and how she became a bounty hunter. I hope you liked it and as always:

Read ya’ later!!