• Published 20th Oct 2015
  • 2,831 Views, 51 Comments

The Equestrian adventures of Generator Rex - Kaliann25



Rex is lost in Equestria with no memories of his past; but luckily for him the Great and Powerful Trixie is there to help and who knows! Probably become more than a mere friend for the young EVO.

  • ...
8
 51
 2,831

Life lessons and a strange turn of events

8
Life lessons and a strange turn of events

Rex woke up early and went to check the mail if there was any new request for them as he did every morning since Celestia released Trixie and him. Not much, a couple of ‘Wanted’ pamphlets that seemed interesting… and a direct request for Providence to take care of some business in Ponyville signed by Twilight Sparkle herself. Rex smiled to himself and as always he threw that specific letter to the trash-can knowing Trixie would do the same. They had being receiving requests from Twilight Sparkle for a month now and annoying Trixie more and more.

“If it were that urgent she would contacted another group of bounty hunters already” was that Trixie used to say and Rex of course admitted she was right.

“Morning Rex” said Trixie walking out of their room and walking to the coffee maker. “Anything new besides Sparkle’s harassing?”

“No” he said with a smile. “A couple of ‘wanted’ pamphlets from the dudes we captured yesterday and a low-profile criminal. Nothing interesting”

Trixie nodded with a yawn and started to spread butter in a piece of toast while Rex made a bowl of oatmeal for him, they had no rush, this was going to be one of those days that they would spend at home with Rex reading sappy novels and Trixie learning new fighting spells.

And suddenly a green fire bolt appeared in the middle of the table leaving a letter behind. Trixie sighed and checked on the envelope.

“Sparkle again?” Asked Rex.

“Yes. Interesting, usually she just send a letter at day” she said taking a sip of her morning coffee.

Then Trixie made appear a couple of scissors to take care of the unwanted mail and at cutting the letter both of them disappeared from their beautiful house in Trottingham to appear in the Golden Oaks Library right in front of Twilight and Spike. Trixie took another sip from her cup of coffee and looked at Twilight with complete indifference.

“That was low Sparkle”

Rex just stood in front of Twilight activating his mechanized hands in case there were trouble.

“I didn’t had the time to put my jacket on. Bueno at least I won’t be afraid to stain it” said Rex preparing for battle.

Twilight just sighed and offered to them a couple of muffins from Sugar Cube Corner.

“Sorry for forcing you to come but since you haven’t answered any of my letters I had to use my authority as a Princess”

“Trixie believe that she already made clear that I don’t want anything to do with you or Ponyville after what happened. Last time I came was because of that stupid griffin but Trixie finds extremely unpleasant to be here. So with your permission, or without it I don’t really care, Rex Salazar and I will leave now”

Said that the two bounty hunters lead to the door but Twilight shut it with her magic. Trixie glared at her.

“Shall Trixie reminds you that we were freed by Celestia herself? Leave us alone Sparkle!”

“Yeah, I’m not particularly interested in becoming a teste subject just because I’m full of Nanites” said Rex crossing his hooves.

Twilight rolled her eyes.

“Look, I know I’m not your favorite pony in the world but there’s a situation and only the two of you can solve it. There are two colts…”

Trixie shook her head.

“Since Snips and Snails screw up Trixie’s artistic career I prefer to stay away from kids Sparkle, thank you very much”

“Precisely, Snips and Snails are getting into more and more troubles since your little number at the Gala!” Protested Twilight. “They still idolize you after the two incidents and now are planning to become bounty hunters”

“And why should I care?” Asked Trixie.

“Because they don’t listen to their parents or their teacher anymore; not even me! But they would listen to their idol” said Twilight. “Last week took a train to the nearest town just looking for ‘wanted’ signs to see there was something that they could handle; that’s how much trouble they’re getting into”

“Wow, I knew you were a bad influence but this is a whole new level” chuckled Rex.

“Ja-ja” said Trixie sarcastically. “But I get it, you want me to explain them how dangerous this profession is”

“No, I want you to show them. Today is Career Day at their school and all the foals will spend the day observing the profession they want to be when they grow up”

“And there is where I enter” sighed Trixie. “It’s all too sudden Sparkle”

“That’s your fault for not answering to my letters” said Twilight. “But that’s your mission, cooperate and I’ll pay you well, but if you don’t I’ll make you direct responsible if something happen to Snips and Snails.

Trixie grinded her teeth but at the end looked at Rex who gave her a confident smile.

“Fine! I’ll do it. Rex, is there any job near this town?”

“Just a small one. We have to…”

“Explain me later, those two are about to learn their lesson. But I won’t take responsibility if they get hurt during this learning, understood Princess?”

“It’s fair. Better now that they’ll be with you”

Career Day, an opportunity for children to watch closely the professions they wanted to do when they grow older. That day instead of school, all the children went to the Town Hall where they would split up to stick around the older ponies.
The process was very fast, Cheerilee had made sure that everypony were ready since last day to avoid delays so Apple Bloom went to Zecora’s to learn about potions; Diamond tiara with Silver Spoon’s father to learn how to be a banker; Silver Spoon with Filthy Rich to learn how to manage an import-export company; Feather Weight went with Photo Finish; Dinky with the Cakes, etc.

The only ones who stayed behind were Snips and Snails.

“Kids,” began Mayor Mare calmly, “I know what you want but you know that’s not possible. But there are a lot of careers you can chose from. What about you being mayors for a day, huh? I’ll gladly share my desk with you and even aloow you to create a couple of new laws!”

“No! We want to be like the Great and Poweful Trixie!” Protested Snips.

“Yes” joined Snails.

Mayor Mare and Cheerilee sighed.

“Of all the ponies, it had to be her!” Complained Cheerilee.

“I know, with so many more positive options…why don’t they admire the Princesses or Royal Guards?”

And suddenly the roar of a motor was heard and everypony turned to see a hatred blue mare and a grayish blue stallion in some kind of floating vehicles… no, now that they looked better it was the stallion’s legs. What on Equestria was that?

Trixie smirked to her public and jumped from Rex and waved a hoof happily.

“Hi, I heard a bunch of insensitive ponies are denying this poor kids the opportunity to be like the Great and Powerful Trixie. Let the colts follow their dreams”

“Trixie!!” Cheered the two unicorn colts running to her, but they were stopped by the grownups.

“What are you doing here?” Asked Cheerilee frowning.

Trixie shrugged.

“What else? This is career day and they want to be bounty hunters like the Great and Powerful Trixie. Let me take them to my next mission for them to observe how awesome being a bounty hunter really is. Who knows? The may get hurt but that’s part of the charm of this world. Trixie only hopes that after this first-hoof experience they stay interested in becoming this when they grow older”

Everypony except for the kids got the sarcasm at the last sentence. Of course, that kind of made sense. They had no idea who they had to thank to call Trixie but it was the right thing to do.
By their way Snips and Snails ran happily to spend the day with her, admiring the shape of Rex.

“Wow! Great and Powerful Trixie this is beyond amazing!!” Said Snails astonished.

“What kind of magic you used in your partner?” Asked Snips.

“Believe it or not I didn’t use magic on Rex Salazar” explained Trixie with a warm smile. “And this is your first lesson kids: if you’re going to be bounty hunters you better befriend a mutant. Especially one as powerful as Rex”

“Thank you Trixie I love you too” said Rex sighing.

“And what’s the mission?” Wanted to know Snails.

“We’ll explain it on the go, now let’s go!” Said Trixie jumping on Rex and helping the two colts to do the same.

And there they went, to an unknown destiny at the concerned look of the citizens of Ponyville, but luckily Princess Twilight came to explain the situation.

“Don’t worry everypony. I called Trixie because is the only way to stop those two. And she promised that they’ll forget about this nonsense when she finishes with them”

“But they can get hurt” said Snail’s mothers.

“I know, but that’s the only way for them to learn I’m afraid” said Cheerilee with a sweat-drop on her forehead. “I’m with you on this one Princess”

The rest of the ponies agreed, praying for this to work instead of motivate those two even more.

In the meantime the small party were on the way to Iron Will’s house.

“So this is a small thing,” began to explain Trixie, “Iron Will kept a book from a library more time that he should and haves to pay a ticket; but he haven’t returned the book yet so now he haves a citatory; our job is go to his home and take him to the sheriff office”

“That doesn’t sound like a job you would take Great and Powerful Trixie” complained Snails.

“I know, but is relatively safe for you two come with me; and is for very too little money that Trixie will allow you to keep it. This will become your first step on your new and exciting career as bounty hunters”

“Yey!!” Cheered the colts, this sounded so cool.

Rex went faster, this was going to be interesting.
Three minutes later they arrived to the great mansion of the famous Minotaur. It was a huge building surrounded by an elegant fence patrolled by goats all over the place ready to alert at any suspicious movement.

Like a lot of minor celebrities, Iron Will had little to no respect to his fans and almost no one dared to importunate him for an autograph in his own house. But from time to time a brave fan tried and the answer was the same catch phrase he learnt from Fluttershy: no means no (but very less kindly and much louder).

The goats looked at the curious group of visitors but after Trixie assured them she only wanted an autograph from the Minotaur who ‘changed her life’ they just chuckled and let them pass, they loved when this happened so the visitors were guided to the main door.

Showtime.
Trixie knocked the door innocently.

“WHO DARES TO INTERRUMPT IRON WILL?!” Shouted the powerful Minotaur opening the door.

Trixie gulped and shyly presented him his book.

“Afternoon, mister Iron Will. Trixie is a huge fan! Before go to your seminars and read you books I was nothing but a carpet for everypony; but now nopony mess with Trixie and all Trixie wanted was to thank you and see if you can sign your masterpiece for her!”

The goats chuckled again waiting for it; and Iron Will smirked to Trixie, who gulped nervously but still looked at the Minotaur to the eyes. Iron Will took the book Trixie was offering and began to laugh loudly while ripped the book in half.

“This is my answer, you don’t know how much I hate when my fans come to my house to bother me with this. If you want Iron Will’s autograph then go to the events at the mall!”

Trixie shrugged.

“Okay as I see it, you owe a new book to Ponyville library” said Trixie showing Iron Will the citatory. “And speaking of libraries, you kept a book for too long and now not only you have to pay a ticket in another library but also have a date at the sheriff office. Is just me or are you going to have a long day?”

Iron Will screamed in anger and tried to smash the impertinent unicorn, but Trixie gracefully rolled away and smirked. The goats bleated and charged towards Trixie to help their boss, and this time Trixie teleported out of their reach causing a very comedic mass collision.

More goats arrive while Iron Will tried to teach this damn unicorn a lesson. Trixie looked back to her friends like asking for help. Snips and Snails shrank in fear, they didn’t expected to take part in an actual battle. But Rex smirked and charged to a few goats himself transforming his fore-hooves into big mechanized nun-chucks.

Both adults were fighting with all they had leaving the kids unprotected much to their horror. A couple goats noticed this and tackled to them with all their strength, not noticing they were just young colts.
That was enough, the tackle sent flying the two unicorns for a couple of minutes and landed unconscious right before Iron Will.

“Colts?!” He asked concerned about this.

The fight immediately stopped when everyone notice what just happened.
Trixie just raised an eyebrow.

“Oh right, I supposed to watch for this two” said the blue unicorn with a small grin.

“That was cruel” said Rex looking at the colts.

“What’s going on here?” Asked Iron Will.

Trixie shrugged.

“Let’s say my real job was teaching this two a lesson of how dangerous being a bounty hunter is. Their parents are afraid that they chose me as a role-model”

“And what it has to do with Iron Will?” Protested the Minotaur.

“Nothing, it was a relatively easy mission near their home” explained Rex. “Sorry for bothering you pal, but seriously; go and pay those tickets, is not worth all this trouble don’t you think?”

Iron Will groaned but nodded.

“Iron Will suppose you’re right. Iron Will will pay those tickets tomorrow at first hour” he said going back to his home and handed Trixie and Rex a new book to replace the one he destroyed. “Take this to Ponyville Library instead the one Iron Will destroyed, and also send Iron Will the hospital bill, is the last he can do”

“Don’t worry about it, it’s on my employer’s account” smiled Trixie. “Sorry again for bothering you, now if you excuse us we’ll leave”

Trixie turned his back-hooves into his motorcycle and Trixie placed the two unconscious colts in there and assured them with a spell before jumping herself on. Rex and Trixie waved their hooves in good-bye and accelerated to the nearest hospital.

“It’s funny, he reminds me you with when he speaks in third persons”

“Between the two of us I actually took one of his seminars where he assured that speaking in third person help to your self-confidence. Trixie took that words a bit too serious and began to speak that way too”

Rex couldn’t help but laugh and kiss her. Trixie accepted the kiss but cut it soon since they had to arrive to the hospital.

It was past noon and the Career Day was about to end. All the foals were excited and ready to go back home and tell their parents about the experience. It was when they noticed Snips and Snails were missing, but just a couple of seconds later they heard the roar of Rex’s transport.
They all turned to see the two infamous bounty hunters and Snips and Snails sedated with bandages on their heads. Trixie looked at the astonished crowd and deposited the two colts in front of Cheerilee.

“Mission accomplished, after this, they’ll think twice before becoming bounty hunters”

“What happened to them?!” Asked the teacher angry.

“We went to a mission and got hurt, what it supposed to happen” said Trixie. “We took them to the hospital and that’s pretty much it. They’ll stay asleep for an hour or two but they’re fine”

It was when Twilight approached to Trixie.

“Wow, thank you Trixie. I didn’t really expected the two of them actually getting hurt but I guess it’s for a greater good”

“Trixie just followed your instructions” said Trixie indifferently.

“And Rex followed Trixie’s instructions” joked Rex.

Twilight rolled her eyes but smiling she offered Trixie two bags full of bits.

“Anyway, thank you for your help. This is your payment”

Trixie sighed and gave the bag back to Twilight.

“Keep it, but I’ll send you the hospital bill. Understood?”

And without a word she jumped back on Rex’s transport, but Twilight stopped them.

“Wait! Why don’t you accept my money?”

Trixie decided to ignore her but Rex kindly explained:

“Don’t you see Princess? This is a closure for her history in Ponyville, and that’s enough payment for Trix”

Trixie face-hoofed annoyed.

“Thank you Rex, however that’s how it is Sparkle. From now on I’ll say as far as possible from Ponyville if you don’t mind”

Twilight nodded sadly but still looked at the blue mare.

“Still I would like to do something for you: as a Princess I can officiate certain ceremonies, like a wedding for example”

The faces of the two bounty hunters turned red and Trixie shouted.

“Damn it! Rex lets get the hell out of here!”

Rex obeyed quickly and the two of them went back to their home in Trottingham as fast as they could.

“I’ll officiate your wedding, I’ll officiate your wedding” mumbled Trixie. “Who does she think she is to get into our personal life? She may be a Princess but she doesn’t have a bit of common sense”

Rex giggled but then he turned serious.

“But hey, if you think about it, is not a bad idea; what if…”

“Rex: shut the fuck up before I send you a magic beam, dumbass” warned Trixie.

They kept advancing in an uncomfortable silence until they arrived to their home in Trottingham outskirts. Once they got in, Rex ran to get one of his novels and began to read but Trixie removed the book with her magic.

“What were you thinking proposing to me like that, Rex? What?”

Rex lowered his head.

“Nothing, it was a bad joke. That’s it!”

“Rex…”

The young stallion just sighed.

“I don’t know Trix, is just that, this days I’ve spent with you are the happiest of my existence” he said sadly. “I have no memories of my past but something deep inside me tells me that I don’t want to go back to my previous life. With you I’m happy and safe, and as long as I am at your side I don’t have to worry about anything from my past. But also have the feeling that it’s about to end”

“End?”

“I don’t know, is just that unnerving sensation that all this time I’ve been dreaming and I’m about to wake up, and the only thing I have for sure in this world is what I have with you Trix. That’s why I want us to be officially together”

Trixie kissed him deeply.

“Is wrong to allow fear to lead your actions Rex, but whatever happens Trixie will be with you no matter what. But if you want it so badly, I’ll marry you. A piece of paper won’t change anything between us; so I don’t see why not marry you”

Rex smiled you.

“Now you’re the one who’s wrong Trix, you can’t do something you don’t want just to make me happy”

“Like I said nothing will change between us. Besides I love you Rex Salazar, I don’t need to prove it to anypony but still if you want to marry me, I don’t see why not. But ask me for a foal and we’re done Salazar”

Rex laughed.

“We barely could protect two grown colts today, I’m not looking forward to it”

They both smiled to each other and kissed.

“So you really want this?”

“Yes, just to make sure we’ll be together no matter what”

Trixie nodded, she felt a little confused but also kind of happy. Marrying him now seemed strangely good now. And as long nothing change between them everything would be great.

Author's Note:

First of all, sorry for the delay; but if it makes you feel better, I got stuck in this point at the original version as well. Anyway, let’s hope I finish this soon and in the meantime:

Read ya’ later!!