• Published 26th Oct 2015
  • 1,451 Views, 26 Comments

To live, to survive, to thrive, - general well



when a man and his wife get lost in the woods, they need each other to survive in this strange new world

  • ...
14
 26
 1,451

chapter 2

Pain, just pain, it isn't the worse I felt but it hurt a lot I thought.

“Tom...” A voice said.

Who is that, I thought.

“Tom” the voice said again.

I started to wake up and open my eyes, Maria was looking at me with tears in her eyes.

“Tom, are you okay?” Maria asked.

“Yeah I'm okay.” I said as I rubbed the back of my head. I looked around the room that we were being held in and found that we were in, what appeared to be, a super rusty jail cell. “This looks better than your father’s garage.” I told her.

“Tom, stop making jokes.” Maria told me.

“Okay, where is Rex?” I asked worried.

“She’s sleeping right there, so don't wake her up.” Maria said.

I looked at my dog, she was sleeping soundly. “So where are we?” I asked.

“All I know is that after you were knocked out, we were taken into this cave and got thrown into to this cell. If you look around there is a pony in the other cell.” Maria explained to me.

“Why are the dogs keeping a pony?” I asked.

“Because for slave labor to mine gems for them.” Someone said.

“Who said that?” I asked as I look at the other cells.

“I did.” A pony showed itself from the shadow of it cell. ‘‘My name is Mystic Falls so may I ask what are you?’’ Mystic Falls asked us.

“We are human and also what are You.” I answered.

“I'm a earth pony and we are in a diamond dog mine so wait for rescue.” Mystic Falls told us.

“So how long you been here?” Maria asked him.

“Since I was born...” Mystic Falls said.

“You were born in this mine? Wow that is terrible. So how old are you?” I asked.

“I am 21 years old, my mother was captured during pregnancy, and I never knew about my father.” Mystic Falls said.

“You tell us to wait for rescue and you been here for 21 year, that is a terrible idea.” Maria told Mystic Falls.

“Hey! Do you have any better idea than this? Do you know how long I waited for rescue!” Mystic Falls yelled at us.

“What's going on here?” A diamond dog said as he walked to our cell. “It time for you to mine.” He open the cell door and lead us out and he also took out Mystic Falls with us.

“So what’s the operation?” I asked Mystic Falls.

“What do you mean?” Mystic Falls replied.

“What you pony normally do?” I asked.

“We just mine gems.” Mystic Falls answered.

“Have you ever tried to escape?” Maria asked.

“Not yet but many try to escape, only three made it out the mine, but I don't know if they actually made it, maybe the diamond dogs killed them before they made it into any towns. Because if they did we should have the guards here already.” Mystic Falls said with a irritated tone.

“Here start mining!” The diamond dog ordered us. He give us each a pickaxe and left us to mine.

“Dats it, he left us and nobody is watching us, how stupid are these Diamond Dogs?” I asked.

“They are not smart but they make up for it with numbers.” Mystic Falls explain to us.

“Well, Tom, let’s make a plan.’’ Maria said to me.

“Ok.” I look around and noticed a few things to make weapons. “We could start making spears with those broken pieces of wood off the wall and and sharpen the stones to make some stone axes.” I said.

“Good thing, I married an engineer.” Maria stated as she gets the rocks.

“Good thing, I married a doctor.” I say to her as I get pieces of wood.

“Tom, I'm historian now!” Maria said with annoyance

“You ponies are planning to break out? You just got here. That's a bad idea. Just because the guards aren’t watching everypony, most of the guards are at the front entrance.” Mystic Falls told us.

“First of all, its people, not ponies. Second of all, if the entrance is well guarded, plan B is in action.” I said as I inspect the pickaxe to see if it's good for hitting.

“Ok. I’ll wait here.” Mystic Falls stated and he sat on the floor.

“I made myself a sword.” Maria said.

“That's cool.” I said as I inspected it, it was a long piece of Ruby, each side was carve out to make it sharp. Getting hit in the head with this with definitely collapse the brain. “That would cause some serious damage.” I told Maria.

“Thank you, Tom. Now, I can defend myself. Are you ready?” Maria asked me.

“Yes, Maria, I am. I made five spears and a stone axe.” I said.

“Good luck! I’ll be waiting here.” Mystic Falls said.

We went out of the cave where Mystic Falls was and into a tunnel. There were two diamond dogs standing guard next to 12 ponies. Four were unicorns, two of them were pegasi, and the rest of them were regular earth ponies.

“I’ll sneak up on them from behind and you’ll go in from the front.” Maria told me

I waited a few moments for Maria to get in position.

Once in position, she started to count on her fingers as I prepared myself. Three... Two... One… Then she gave the signal to go as we started to move.

I ran at the diamond dogs and split open one of their skulls with my axe. His brain oozed out of his skull as if made of mush. Blood sprayed into the air like a fountain as he started to fall to his knees.

At the same time, Maria had snuck up on the other Diamond Dog. She managed to slice open the side of his neck while blood burst from his neck. He desperately tried to hold it in but all he accomplished was a gargle.

“Is everyone okay?” I asked the ponies. They looked at me with fear but one of them came up to me and said,

“Thank you, mister. for... for freeing us.” the brown unicorn told me.

“We are not out of the fight yet. Here, grab a spear.” I ordered him.
He grabbed the spear and the others soon followed and the rest took the pickaxes. I lead them to another cave where they were more prisoners and guards.

“Stop there... pony!” The diamond dog ordered.
A pegasus from our group, flew into and impaled the diamond dog. The diamond dog was left hanging on the wall before the pegasus re-joined us.

“Attack!” Maria ordered as she threw a pickaxe at a diamond dog. The pickaxe flew forward and hit the diamond dog in the chest.

Then everyone started fighting and the other prisoners took their pickaxes and started fighting the diamond dog. Some of the ponies died and Mystic Falls appeared out of nowhere with a metal rusty spear, he impaled one of the diamond dog in their gut and swiftly pulled out the spears with his intestines still clinging onto it.

“Wow! I didn't know you, humans, were actually going to do this.” Mystic Falls said.

“When my wife and I say that we’ll do something, we do it.” I told him.

“Well looks like you started a fight, let's help out so we could win.”

“Ok, say please first.” I said to him. The fight is pretty much over and diamond dog were defeated, because of the surprise attack.

But then alpha dog appeared and started killing everyone or everypony. I hate saying that but anyways the alpha dog killed the unicorn front of him.

“Hey puppy, why don't you take on a real man?” I said to the alpha.

“I will kill you for... for this insult, you hairless Minotaur.” He said as he rushed at me with his long sword.
I step aside at the last second and poked him in the back. “Come on, puppy. This is why you never find a mate.” I said with a smile.

He growls at me and swung his long sword at my chest. I moved out of the way but he cuts my spear in half. Shit I thought to myself as the alpha smile.

‘‘You're pathetic, it's time to die!’’ he said. Then he kicked me to the ground, he aim his long sword at my head

“Tom!” Maria screamed as she came to the rescue but the alpha spotted her and smacked her face and she falls on the floor, then the alpha turn to her and raised his long sword at her.

“That is no way to treat my wife, you bastard!” I took out my pocket knife that was in my shoe and ran at him at full speed, I jumped on his back and started stabbing him on his skull.

“Take this and this!” I yelled with anger as I stabbed his left eye again and again. Then he collapsed and I fell with him. I got off on him and looked at what I did. His skull was collapsed and his mouth hung open as blood rushed out of it.

I ran to Maria to help her up. “Are you okay, honey?” I asked concerned.

“I'm ok, Tom. I know having kids hurts a lot more that dis.” Maria told me with a laugh.

‘‘That wasn't funny’’ I told her. I noticed the battle was finished and the Diamonds dogs had dropped their weapon and stared at us.

What's going on? I thought then one of the diamond dog started chanting.

‘‘Alpha, alpha, alpha’’ the dog chanted then more diamond dogs starting to saying the same thing.

‘‘Alpha, alpha ,alpha, alpha’’ all the diamond dogs chanted.

‘‘What did you humans do?’’ Mystic Falls said.

‘‘I have no idea’’ I said.

Author's Note:

that little bit longer I can make it more longer chapter but that not a promise anyways I'm going to read on medieval weapons and politics