• Published 26th Oct 2015
  • 1,451 Views, 26 Comments

To live, to survive, to thrive, - general well



when a man and his wife get lost in the woods, they need each other to survive in this strange new world

  • ...
14
 26
 1,451

chapter 6

‘‘Rex, Rex! Oh, there you are.’’ I say to my dog as she runs at me.’’ I start tickle her as she rolls to expose her belly. ‘‘Do you want to treat?’’ I pull out a dog biscuit ‘‘Here, have one.’’ I say as I give her the biscuit, which she ate off my hand. ‘‘Come on, we need to find Maria, I'm pretty sure she at the Science Fair.’’ I grab my diary and start writing.

Day 58

It been 58 days since Maria and I got here, it been an adventure, but everything settle down. The only problem I'm worried about is Snitter, who was able to escape our grasp again for the third time, he was hiding in a local clan recruiting more diamond dogs for his so called crusade against us, we've been tracking him since the battle, but he keeps escaping from us. But everything else is fine, our territory is the size of Belgium and our capital is boosting a population of 760 which 435 are pony, the rest are diamond dog. Anyways as the city expand in power and influence, more and more clans, tribes, factions and households joins us, but also more enemies we make, we already have a rival which is called the pelts, we going to have peace talk in 3 days, hopefully it goes well, if not this is war then. Ok today schedule is, be at the first skyscraper opening, which in fact is 25 floors which is the tallest building in the city, take Rex for a walk, check on mystic at the training camp to see what he does with the recruit, and lastly go to the science fair.

‘‘Oh No the science fair.’’ I said to myself as I slam my diary close.‘‘ come on Rex, we need to get to the science fair ASAP!’’ I said as I said as I run out of the room with Rex.
I started walking through the hall when a guard came up to me.

‘‘My king, there are visitors waiting for you in the throne room.’’ The guard said.

Visitors I thought.
‘‘Do you know why they're here?’’ I ask him.

The guard shakes his head. ‘‘No sir, all I know they want to meet you, because they have a business proposal for you.’’ he explains to me.

‘‘Okay I go right now.’’ I stated. Anyway I follow the guard to the throne room where the visitors were at, we came up to the great doors leading to the throne room and guard open the door for me and I walk through. As I spot the visitors, one thing I notice about the visitors that they are Gryphon or Griffins. As I walk up to them, they see me have a look of surprise on their face.

‘‘Greeting, I am sure that you are the ruler of this majestic city.’’ He says as he bows to me. ‘‘My name is Copper Beak, I'm here because I want to set up a trading agreement with you for my kingdom.’’ Copper Beak said as he pulled out a piece of paper.

‘‘first thing Copper Beak, this is a kingdom and second thing, you want me to trade with your kingdom, why would I do that, I don't know anything about your Kingdom and you want me to trade with you.’’ I told Copper Beak as I sit on my throne and I see Copper Beak becoming nervous.

‘‘Well, I'm here because my king sent me here, because our kingdom is on brink of collapse, because no other nation is nearby, our country is becoming poorer as the weeks go by, so please help us.’’ Copper Beak said with a pleading look.

I sighed. ‘‘Fine, I trade with you, before I do, tell me what you guys have?’’

Copper Beak proceed to take out something out of his bag, it is a paper and he starts reading to me.

‘‘well we have copper, iron, silver, gold, wheat, apples, animal's pelt, pigs, medicine and doctors.’’ Copper Beak said.

‘‘You have a really good case, Mr Copper Beak, ok I will sign the agreement.’’ I took out my pen and wrote my name on it. ‘‘I declare this agreement official.’’ I announce to everyone in the room, with that I look at Copper Beak who is crying.

‘‘Thank you, thank you Mr…’’ Copper Beak sputtered out.

‘‘It Tom.’’ I tell him.

Thank you Mr, Tom, so what the first order of business?’’ He ask me.

‘‘Well, do you have coal?’’ I say to him.

‘‘What coal? Copper Beak said with a confused face.

‘‘Coal, is a black rocks-’’ I was able to say before I was interrupted by him.

‘‘Oh, do you mean the rocks we used to write on paper, we have tons of them, there is nothing else to use them for, so mainly used it for paper. Is that what you want?’’ He asks me.

‘‘Yes, we need that to power our city, because we don't have a dam yet.’’ I explained to him.

‘‘Okay I will go tell my king.’’ Copper Beak said as he starts packing up with his assistant.

‘‘Tom, where were you?’’ I heard Maria voice call out.

I turn around and see Maria walking toward me.

‘‘Hey Maria, we have a new trading partner, his name is Copper Beak.’’ I said to Maria as she inspect Copper Beak.

‘‘Welcome, Mr, Copper Beak to our fine kingdom, I hear thou going to be our trading partner, is that true mr, copper beak?’’ She asks him.

‘‘Yes m'lady, so are you the queen?’’ Copper Beak ask my wife.

‘‘Ay, but mine title is first lady not queen, so whence doth thou hail from Mr. Copper Beak?’’ Maria asks him.

‘‘I came from the kingdom of Grifo Rhea, which is a quiet kingdom, it rule by a beloved King name Eduardo.’’ Copper Beak said to my wife.

‘‘It sounds like a nice place, are you going to leave Mr Copper Beak, because we going to have dinner today, do you want to join us?’’ Maria asks Copper Beak, but he shook his head.

‘‘I can't, I need to go back home to tell the news, but thank you m'lady.’’ Copper Beak.

‘‘Well, i can't let thou go high-lone, guards! escort this gentleman safely back home.’’ Maria ordered.

‘‘Thank you m'lady.’’ Copper Beak said with gratitude as the guards took him out of the room.

I look at Maria with serious look.
‘‘Maria why you talking like Shakespeare?’’ I asks her.

‘‘Tom, I can have fun to.’’ Maria said.

‘‘You did well but I think you overdid it.’’ I say as grab her hand.

‘‘Ok, now let's go to science fair. Maria tells me.

‘‘Ok Maria.’’ I said, with that we left for the science fair.

Author's Note:

I'm pretty sure this is better but I don't know.