• Published 1st Jun 2016
  • 2,356 Views, 18 Comments

Sonic: Dimensional Chaos - HedgehogofRed1999



Chaos, such a big part of Sonic's life, though let's see how his life became connected to Chaos and the friend he couldn't save, whilst gaining some new friends who will show him the Magic of Friendship!

  • ...
4
 18
 2,356

Maurice Strum, Normal Kid Almost

"Huh, where am I?" I asked into the darkness. I saw a blackened figure in the void of this dark place, "Hello? Who are you? Where am I?" I asked, again.

"It's good to see you again old friend," The figure called out in the darkness.

"Old friend?" I said, puzzled at the name, the figure gave me.

"Yeah it's me Maurice, it's nice to see you again" Kint said, taken aback, as he came forward to a light and where my eyes could identify him, I felt my throat gain a lump and my eyes starting soaking with tears at seeing my big bro, and my best friend.

W-why are y-y-you here?" I asked, my lips mumbling my speech.

"I'm here to tell you to give up" Kint replied.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, perplexed at the sight in front of my eyes.

"I mean give up on trying to get me back Maurice or should I call you Sonic, that's what your 'brothers' and friends call you right?" He asked me.

"I hate being called either, Sonic reminds me of the false personality I've put up to forget about you, and being called Maurice reminds me I was too slow to save you". I replied.

"Sonic, Maurice... You couldn't of stopped what happened but you have to live with what happened and move on, I'm not worth it, whatever made us as tight as brothers in the past is not relevant, you need to be a true hero and do what's right and I know that's not what you want, you want life to go back to how it was before you got your powers" He told me, I nodded my head in response.

"Sonic if you truly want things back to the way they were then you'll never stop fighting, I know you'll never give up, but promise me this, keep fighting the good fight if for no-one else at least for me otherwise when you die I'll never forgive you," He said, light started flooding the void of darkness, which I had deduced was my mind. "Promise me Maurice!" He said, sternness in his voice.

"I promise," I said before being whisked back into the physical world.

"He's back," I said, feeling Sonic's life force return.

"How would you know that?" Crimson asked, suspiciously.

"Because green, or white is the colour of life and that gives me the ability to sense life forces, even without that I can sense his energy since he is connected to me due to our colours being the same, so take your pick of how I know" I replied, cockily, and I headed to Sonic's room.

"Where am I?" Sonic yawned, each of his words being elongated and slurred due his sudden awakening from slumber.

"Welcome back to the world of the living Maurice," I said, calmly.

"Wait I died?" Sonic asked.

"Yeah Tirek reversed your energy draining technique and drained you of all of your negative energy from your body, right now you're not Sonic, the chaos weapon, you're Sonic, Normal Kid" I explained, Sonic tried to use his non-existent chaos energy and was shocked to find I was right.

"Oh no" Sonic said, urgency and panic on his voice.

"What?" I asked.

"If Tirek really does have my power then he can destroy Dimensions without even thinking, I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS" He yelled, wind churning around his hands, he brought them down and it created a wind shockwave throughout the house.

"Calm down Sonic what will the girls think about you?" I asked, he relaxed, but then talked sternly at me a show of an angered expression on his face.

"What were you thinking bringing girls here? And I'm sorry about getting angry, but YET AGAIN, I'M responsible for this!" Sonic screamed, very oddly, since Sonic was usually so cool, calm and collected.

"Sonic calm down, first off, the girls deserve to know and second, you couldn't of prevented this, you were in a close to death experience and you were trying to be peaceful about the situation, if I was in the same position I wouldn't regret the choices I made because that's what I would do because I'm me" I said, refusing to stand down against Sonic.

"You'd do what I'd done... yeah right?" Sonic laughed.

"I know more about you than you think Sonic, I've searched your memories, you and me have a lot more in common than you like to admit, because I'm your original color, back before I was created you were peaceful, laid-back and liked just having a good time with people, you never liked to see anyone get hurt and that experience in the past is why you changed, You are no longer Maurice Hedgehog, You're acting like Sonic the Hedgehog, the insecure hero with a hell of a lot of angst that he tries to hide" I said, giving him a reality check.

" I've got to stop Tirek now, the more we wait the more the concentration of Negative energy will get higher inside his body to the point where he won't be able to control it" He retorted.

"Then just rest, we will deal with Tirek, you can't harm him with your non-existent power" I said, truth and concern apparent in my voice. "Besides this is what wanted near your whole life, for things to be the way they were before" I added.

"But I can't just…" He was about to say before Crimson knocked him out, his eyes fluttering before closing.

"Seriously he only just woke up and you knock him out straight away" I said, looking over to Crimson who just shrugged, no sympathy in his expression.

"We're doing this for him and we're doing it to make sure he doesn't have to always carry the weight of the world on his shoulders" Crimson replied.

"So everyone ready?" I asked.

"Yes we're ready to go" the girls replied.

"Wait…Goodbye Sonic" Rainbow said, tears falling down her face, as she placed her lips on Sonic's forehead and released herself as quick as she stayed. "Now I'm ready" Rainbow said.

"Ok here we go," I said as I conjured a portal to Mobius. I took one last look at my bro, one thought rushing through my brain,
Goodbye Bro.


"Ugh I must of taken one heck of a beating, I wonder where my bro's are" Sonic asked, holding his head not sure of what had happened before he'd woken. "Crimson! Lightning! Jade! Tang!" Sonic yelled around the house to the response of nothing but the wind. "Hm, weird where are they?" Sonic wondered. "Well no sense in worrying about that now" Sonic said, out loud. Hmm…. Might as well get ready for school, maybe the girls would've seen the guys, wait what am I thinking I could just sense their kinetic energy around the world….ok where are you guys?

Sonic thought as he placed his hand on the ground and tried to sense for his missing brothers energy but couldn't find them which could only mean that, The memories of the past night came back to him, rushing like a flood of water, and what happened, he was knocked out by Crimson and was told of his lack in power. Oh yeah I remember I got knocked out… I got knocked out by Crimson, but what happened to the girls? Sonic wondered, grabbing his school bag and storing a whole bunch of Bits in the bag alongside his School stuff, and he headed to the city.

In the city

Where did he or they go? I'll ask the girls later when I can but right now I need to… wait is that Vinyl? Sonic pondered, stopping to a complete halt and looking over to his right as he saw that Vinyl was indeed right beside him at a café, having tea and a breakfast with Octavia.

Sonic moved closer as to talk with her and saw her turn her face to his and immediately her face brightened and a smile was clear as day, appearing on her skin and it genuinely made sonic feel a lot lighter and less stressed than he had previously been. "Hey Maurice!" Vinyl said calling Sonic over with wave of her hand.

"How have you been?" She asked, compassion pouring from her face.

"I've been fine, nothing too bad, I know this must sound random but have you seen Twilight or her group of friends today?" I asked, hoping she'd ask with no suspicion on why he asked, it worked and she answered with a resounding no, which allowed Sonic to understand what had happened last night, he had been knocked out and his clones and the girls left for a different dimension leaving Sonic behind as a way of keeping him safe. Sonic hated feeling useless to anyone and nearly started to tear up in front of Vinyl when he suddenly stopped himself and wiped his eyes slyly.

"Thanks anyway, I'm just coming to the city to buy myself a good electric guitar" Sonic said, to make it seem like any other normal day.

"Cool, I can recommend some to you" Vinyl replied.

"Hey am I just a prop on stage for nobody to notice?" Octavia whined.

"Sorry, not at all Miss Octavia" Sonic said, in a humble tone to make sure she could tell he gave her his utmost respect.

"How have you been anyway Miss Octavia?" Sonic asked.

"No need for such formality Maurice, I've been fine, I've certainly been blown away with your performance yesterday, absolutely marvellous were the words that were buzzing in my head as I thought of your performance" Octavia replied.

"Thanks, but that was nothing special really" Sonic replied, a blush coming across his face as his modesty shone through.

"Aww you're so cute when you're modest" Vinyl said, her eyelids fluttering towards Sonic his blush growing even larger. Vinyl saw that and started giggling slightly.

"Well anyway it was nice talking to you, I'm gonna head to the music store to pick up a guitar, " Sonic said.

"I'm coming to y'know "Vinyl stated, running up to Sonic and linking arms with him and pulling him to the Music store. "The first thing you need to know about having a guitar is that it supposed to reflect you…" Vinyl started as she got further away from Octavia.

"Well I think I'll leave Maurice in the capable hands of my protégé" Octavia said, out loud, whilst being handed her breakfast and at once started devouring it with surprisingly bad table manners.

With Vinyl and Sonic

"… and you have to have that certain flair when you hold your guitar treat it like a baby but don't cradle it, show it some attitude, the audience really loves that" Vinyl continued.

"Ok, ok miss guitar expert, whatever happened to the days where you could go into a music store and people didn't constantly give you a history lesson on guitars?" Sonic replied, raising his voice slightly.

"Sorry, it's just that I want to be as successful as you can be" Vinyl replied, in such a cheery manner that Pinkie would get jealous.

"Yeah if I need to learn things like that I'll call you, aren't you going to school anyway?" Sonic asked, perplexed as to why she spent so much time with him if she was a student at school.

"Oh yeah your right sorry we'll continue later see ya" Vinyl said, running out of school at a speed that even impressed Sonic.

"Hmm she can really run when she needs to" Sonic laughed.

"Hello? How are you? My name is Lyra I own this shop" She said, coming from the back room of her shop.

"It's nice to meet you Lyra, I'm looking for good quality Acoustic and Electric Guitar" Sonic replied, a smile that matched hers on his face.

"Well you've come to the right place, come with me" She directed by pulling her hand to her ear and pulling it forward to signal him to come forward.

"Well here it is, The Stringshocker electric guitar coming to around 399 bits and the Acoolistic Guitar with a high price of around 499 bits," Lyra told Sonic.

"Cool here you go" Sonic said as he handed her enough bits for each which including 8 Golden bits and 2 blue bits. (Quick side note, made variation on the types of bits; Emerald=2000 bits Platinum=1000 bits, Ruby=500 bits, Diamond=250 bits Gold= 100 bits, Blue= 50 bits, Plain white= 10 bits and Yellow Bits = 1 bit. They also function like US Dollars or UK Pounds).

"Ok, thank you oh and alongside those you also get an amplifier and a Microphone," Lyra said.

"Thanks I'll come for that in 5 seconds once I get these to my house" Sonic responded, Lyra looked at him a puzzled expression on her face.

"Ok well you can come back later for it," She said.

"Nah I think I'll bring all of the stuff home," Sonic replied and blasted off to his house with his newly acquired guitars, though grabbing his Electric Guitar and bringing it alongside the bag it was in. He came back in seconds and then took the microphone before she could speak and then decided to finally get his amp from her.

"That's the last piece right?" Sonic asked.

Lyra was frozen to the spot and all that could be heard was a quiet "Yeah" escape from Lyra's lips.

"Cool thanks," Sonic said, grabbing the amp box and started to head to school.

At School

Sonic placed his amp down in the guitar room, and started heading to the Common Room to be on his own with really no one paying him any attention. When he got there he found that the room was practically overflowing with students. He sat down at a table with people he'd never met before as to think over the scenario in his head.

Why would they go and leave him in this dimension? He guessed they wanted to keep him safe. Sonic actually felt a hint of anger, he knew he wouldn't be able to help them and that made him mad, he felt angry at the fact he couldn't help and he hated feeling useless to anyone, but especially to his friends, it made him feel like he was just some normal guy who is unable to help or be a hero, even though Sonic was contempt with being mostly normal he hated how he couldn't fight off Eggman or anything from this dimension or any other.

He hated that feeling, as he constantly sulked on the table, he felt a hand touch his shoulder. He looked up to his right to see Vinyl there, smiling and still wearing her shades like always, "Yo sulky mc sulk sulk, why so down?" Vinyl laughed, to which Sonic did too if ever so slightly.

"Just… thinking about things," Sonic replied, his voice low and steady in delivery.

"Oooooh thinking about me? You're sweet but you just had to ask me out and I would've easily accepted," Vinyl teased, laughing with clear joy in her voice, Sonic finding her shot at him pretty funny started laughing again and his mind was completely cleared of his previous thoughts.

"Fine I was thinking about you and how cute your face is, you happy?" Sonic replied, a smirk coming across his face. She smirked, her lips embellished to the point of looking like cartoony fake lips, she snuck a smooch onto Sonic's cheeks leaving him laughing, he looked at her knowing that she cared about Sonic and she was obviously important to him, since he cracked jokes around her, which he only did with close friends like Tails etc.

"Well anyway we should get ready for second period, which is PE, cool," Sonic said.

"Maybe I can be your partner, partner?" Vinyl laughed. The bell rang and they headed to PE.

Sonic and Vinyl entered the PE room, in their PE attire (Sonic has a blue short sleeved top and shorts with his original shoes, Vinyl has black sweatpants with a white tank top, complimented by purple and black shoes with music symbols in the centre of the shoes).

"Ok, Maurice since you are the highest ranked athelete in our school we want you to join up with the Wonder-Bolts group, which includes; Spitfire, Soarin and Lightning Dust" Mr Will said, pointing to Sonic's new group. Spitfire having hearts in her eyes at the sound of the word being given that he would join up with their group, and Lightning Dust casting him a frowning expression, which displayed her obvious distrust in him.

"Ok teach," Sonic replied going to join up with his new friends.

"….." Spitfire was frozen to the spot, slightly drooling at the sight of Maurice passing her by, he looked over to her and smiled to which she fainted, Sonic found it funny how over the top she was, but as he walked he was constantly watched by Lightning Dust. I don't trust that guy, sure he's the fastest out of all of us but he doesn't seem normal. Lightning Dust thought as she went up to him to talk. Both of them stopped in front of each other, waiting to see what the other would do.

"My name's Lightning Dust, I'd say it was nice to meet you… If I wasn't so unsure about you," She said, adding her displeasure on the last sentence.

"I'm not anything bad, but I guess you can't just take my word for it right? I gotta prove myself, anyway where are we going Soarin?" Sonic asked, as they started walking behind him as he headed out of the doors of the school.

"We're going to train since we're the best athletes around, follow my lead, and don't fall behind," Soarin replied, as he blasted off, leaving a trail of dust in his wake, Lightning soon followed alongside Sonic and Spitfire. I wonder where he is taking me, I'll find out soon enough Sonic thought as he lifted Spitfire into his arms bridal style and ran faster and faster until BOOM! And away he went running on the breeze to join his newfound friends.