• Published 1st Jun 2016
  • 2,356 Views, 18 Comments

Sonic: Dimensional Chaos - HedgehogofRed1999



Chaos, such a big part of Sonic's life, though let's see how his life became connected to Chaos and the friend he couldn't save, whilst gaining some new friends who will show him the Magic of Friendship!

  • ...
4
 18
 2,356

Darkness of a Fox

Sonic was kicked in front of Tails, whilst Flash laughed, thinking that such a tiny fox wouldn’t be such a big threat to him. “You think you can fight me, Fox? Go with your friends and leave this place I’ve got a personal score to settle with this rat”. Flash said, pouring more dark energy into his hooves and striking Sonic so hard he smashed into the crystal castle.

“Ugh… Ok ouch that… ugh, hurt… Tails go bro… I’ll be fine” Sonic replied, but as quickly as his smirk that showed he was OK appeared it disappeared, and Sonic fell straight to the ground, in exhaustion.
“How much further must you take this Flash? I know you hate him, but let him go, this is between me and you” Twilight questioned, obviously vexed at Flash’s actions and using a spell to deactivate the black hole, that had been violently sucking things in for a few moments.
“Twilight, leave this guy to me… I’m going to make sure he never hurts anyone again” Tails darkly stated, and in a moment the Alicorn could see a dark nature emanating from Tails, that even had Lightning in shock.

“Listen up Flash, I’ve faced off against worse than you, I’ve fought against a super form before and beaten it, you’ll be no different, in fact… you may be even weaker, and as such not worth as much time and effort, but let me show you the power I possess” Tails flatly warned, as a yellow aura, started to glow around him, and in a flash of light he transformed into his super form, this had Shadow, Silver and the other Alicorns in Shock, but not the other clones.

“You unlocked his power didn’t you?” Jade questioned, to which Lightning simply stared at Tails mesmerized by this change.
“Now Flash, time for you to… DIE!” Tails said, before charging straight for Flash and striking with enough force to cause a shockwave, Flash definitely felt the blow and was slow to respond as Tails’ hit had enough force to knock him skyward where Tails started attacking ferociously like Shadow, or Sonic in his Dark form, constantly hitting Flash over and over, He got an almost euphoric joy out of seeing Flash’s blood on his hands.
When Flash finally righted himself up, he took a minute to ask… “What are you?”, Tails simply smirked as he replied with an almost devilish disposition.

“Your undoing, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA” Tails cackled, as he kept furiously attacking like a madman, giving Flash no time to recover.
“Oh no…” Lightning foreboding stated, looking at the chaotic battle above them.
“Hm, what do you mean Oh no?” Twilight asked as she healed Silver and Shadow.
“Tails is relishing in his pain, he loves Flash’s misery he’s turning I can feel it, he won’t just beat Flash, at this rate if this keeps up, he’ll… he’ll kill him” Lightning said, which had Shadow in shock the most, he knew that Tails, could take abuse, no more evident with their encounter in space when he tried to kill his girlfriend Cosmo, but now Tails was becoming him, through suppressed anger and rage, and basically becoming murder- thirsty.
“We need to stop him before he does something he’s going to regret” Silver added.

“I’ll… stop him, I just need a boost, Hey Twi can you heal me?” Sonic asked, to which she nodded and used her healing charm on Sonic, he felt his hands being removed of any scratches and his body doing the same, he felt light on his feet again and in an instant transformed again, to his golden embodiment, “I need to stop him now” Sonic said, blasting to the two fighters which were above him and then at his level in an instant.

“Tails calm down, you can’t really allow this guy to get to you alright, he’s playing you, I’m thinking that they now know your rage triggers a dark feedback, so just breath buddy” Sonic offered his hand to Tails to which, opened his hand to shake, before drawing back and striking Sonic with a surprise blow.

“I will never forgive Sonic; you were the reason I never got to see Sally again or any of the old freedom fighters. Your selfishness destroyed the trust in our, what I thought to be family that no matter how hard the times got we’d band together against Eggman, but you spared him on the Lost Hex and trusted him, with your life because of his past connection to you, over me who was like blood to you, you nearly got my dad arrested and you nearly doomed Mobius with your cocky attitude, you never take anything seriously and when you do, you usually screw up, not this time, I’m going to back home after this guy dies and then you're next!” Tails angrily yelled as he kept striking at Sonic a flurry of punches and kicks, whilst Flash stared in wonderment at this display. This is getting nowhere Sonic thought, I can’t hurt my best buddy, maybe I don’t have to, if I can move fast enough I can move through Tails and knock out Flash in one hit, if only Tails would give me some breathing room, never thought he could get as angsty as Shadow again.

“Phaze Punch!” Sonic said, as he backed far away Tails and then charged towards him and tried to go through him, only to shot down by Tails’ quick thinking and use of a chaos blast, this sent Sonic hurtling through a castle tower and Sonic promptly got back up and kept pursuing Tails and Flash as they had continued their fight in the sky.

“How rude Tails, you didn’t even consider me giving you a chocolate after all of this” Sonic joked, trying to lighten the mood, and have tails smirk or laugh something to show he wasn’t blinded by past transgression.

“Hm, I missed your humour Sonic, even though that made no sense” Tails smirked, but resumed fighting Flash and constantly landed hits in, with the royal guard captain being to evade a few blows.

“Tails listen, I wanted to get away from the drama of life at home, Eggman attacks, Sally gets mad at me and things just go back to normal, and before long my jealousy set in, I’m sorry I forced you away from Sally, I just didn’t want her to ranting to you about me, but of course I didn’t think that through, I was just so angry, like you are now, I wanted to hurt Sally, I wanted to hurt someone that had been so close to my heart and who had shattered it into a million pieces. I can’t imagine your pain now, you’ve been suffering from that pain more, but I had two struggles one of letting go of my attachments to my past and trying to look forward to my future, my uncle, my dad, my best friend at the time, all turned against me and at the age of around 8 to 9, how do you expect me to react? I know I took you away with no regard for your concerns and happiness, but I need to know now, how do you feel?” Sonic asked, pouring all his emotion into his words, making a genuine speech that it almost brought the clones to tears at the fact Sonic was finally facing his demons.

“I felt betrayed, I felt anger, but above I felt like I was your puppet, always following where you went and never being given a choice, you always berated me; when we were at the lost hex and I took it for the most part, but I thought to gain an identity, no more Sonic’s sidekick crap, more Tails is his own hero, born and raised from Sonic’s loins but free to determine his own destiny, I’ve lost Cosmo and Fiona, one of those I had to kill with my invention, so I know what it feels like… It’s gut wrenching it makes you feel like the devil incarnate, I know because I’ve lived like you and so… I thought breaking away from you could help me be happier” Tails replied, tears falling down from his face, as he lowered himself down to the ground as did Flash and Sonic.

All the parties involved lowered their power, with Tails now being the one to watch out for… “And you would let scum like him, who hurt you, slandered your friend's name, to live, he deserves to die” Tails angrily twitched.
“Tails it’s over, there is no killing in a hero’s job, you can’t be a hero and take someone’s life without remorse, and whilst I wouldn’t classify myself in that category due to my other glaring flaws, like not having super strength or coming from another planet, I’m the hero of Mobius and I can’t cross that line, you say you don’t want to be me… do you want to be a criminal then… if so kill Flash, prove to me like Robotnik nearly did that there is no way of you coming back” Sonic sadly stated, looking at the ground.

“This kid doesn’t have the guts, and besides he’s taking out the bad element I think that’s heroic in a sense I have respect for him, he sees what needs to be done, but will you do it?” Flash mocked.
“I will, and you will my first victim!” Tails said, charging towards Flash only for a black fog to envelope Tails and consume him, all that was heard was the fox’s yells of pain as this black fog stuck to Tails.
“ARGH!” Tails screamed as the fog enveloped his senses, Sonic screamed at the top of his lungs and started attacking Flash viciously asking “What have you done to him?”

“Nothing he didn’t want, he wanted to be a criminal, an evil, I granted that wish, now say hello to Necro Tails!” Flash laughed maniacally. The fog started to take hold of Tails’ form and merge with him, now a fresh puff of dark fog was made and out of it, came the fox’s figure and a laugh that could be confused for Satan.
“Finally free, ah there you are Sonic” The form stated, revealing itself to be Tails with a blackened fur colour and red glowing eyes.
“What do you mean? Who are you?” Sonic questioned.
“Why I'm Tails, the true Tails, removed of any weakness or attachment, I guess I'm Necro to the world” The fox began. “Necro is death, and you will be experiencing your own necro when I'm through with you, but for now, this worm and I must depart, come along Flash we must leave for Mobius” He flatly stated.

“Tails, you can’t be seriously gone? You mean I can never…” Sonic trembled at the words next spoken by his brother.
“Yes, you can’t change me back, but I don’t want to be, this is my normal, and you are in my way, Flash if you’re ready to go bird-brain then let’s get out of here,” Tails coldly walking away leaving the clones and Alicorns in shock.

“You should really know who you’re talking to… but let me remind you I am Flash… Sentry” Flash said, only to be cut down by Tails who had got bored of hearing his “flap his lips”.

“Don’t worry he’s alive, take him, he’s a weakness I can’t stand and most of all, I hope Sonic comes to see his world burning.” Tails said, breaking the dimensional barrier and heading through the portal he had made. Leaving Sonic and the Alicorns to ponder one thing, could Tails be saved now and what would happen to Sonic home?

Author's Note: