• Published 1st Jun 2016
  • 2,355 Views, 18 Comments

Sonic: Dimensional Chaos - HedgehogofRed1999



Chaos, such a big part of Sonic's life, though let's see how his life became connected to Chaos and the friend he couldn't save, whilst gaining some new friends who will show him the Magic of Friendship!

  • ...
4
 18
 2,355

Crazy Powers at a Cost

Chapter 2: Crazy powers, at a cost

STILL IN FLASHBACK

"Ok doc, fire it up," I said, with a hint of cockiness coming from me.

"As you wish Sonic". I felt the treadmills tracks move under my feet. As I came up to the sound barrier with ease and broke it slowly as to make sure Kint's machine didn't crack under the pressure I felt that my body could keep going it felt as though I was walking and nothing could stop me then as I reached Mach 10 a short while after and this was by only using one emerald I felt the other emeralds feed into me and my fur turned yellow with so much positive energy.

I reached the speed of light within seconds, and at that point my body became pure energy. My hedgehog body completely disappeared, after a while, all you could see was a straight beam of light. I started to slow down, not because I tired but because of the risk of moving at those speeds. I came to a stop and stepped off the treadmill and as I did I smelt burning rubber. That turned out to be the rubber of the treadmill tracks. I didn't even feel it as I moving so fast but after stepping off the treadmill I saw doc looking at me with a somewhat vexed face I could tell he wasn't pleased and boy was I right.

"WHY DID YOU STOP? You were producing so much energy, don't you want to help your people?" he asked after prematurely stopping to see if I would answer.

"Yeah... but won't I go into another dimension if that happens, if I speed up too much?" He decided to drop that topic as he knew as well as I did that I was right in saying that.

"Ok let's check your top speed without the emeralds". I hesitated but agreed as I started running again I found that my body was starting to feel really dark and cold. I wanted to stop and call it day but I knew that, that would make the doc a little less more than pleased so I kept speeding up to around the sound barrier and as I went as bit too fast as I broke the sound barrier I felt like my body was encased in a dark void with liquid nitrogen and at that point there was a flash of light with the last words of Kint screaming my name "SONIC!"

I felt my head and I saw I had wrecked up Kint's lab real bad, ugh he was gonna have my head for this hehe. Out of this memory, I remember that later on I found Doc and later on he told me to find the chaos emeralds, as well as the rumored grey control emerald. This was all part of his plan of creating an energy transfer of positive energy to revert my now blue instead of green negatively charged fur.

When we got back we decided to have lunch and talk about stuff but we only found a rotten egg in the fridge and I'll never forget what happened next... After he got negatively charged with energy he turned into my arch nemesis, Dr Ivo Robotnik when I fought against him for the first time I spared him and asked him to let me help him get to how he was, to my beloved crazy, hilarious doctor dude he didn't remember me at all... all he remembered was that I had beat him and one day he would end me.

It hurt inside to see my friend lose himself to the evil monster Robotnik and no matter how much I tried I couldn't save him so I had to do something that I didn't ever want to do... I had to relinquish our friendship, forget all of what he meant to me. Forget the good, bad and ugly and just face facts.

That Kintobor, the best friend a hedgehog could have ever was gone. Swallowed by the monster I knew as Robotnik and later Eggman but I have to be honest with you, Even though in all of my adventures I joked around with him that was just an act... Every time I faced him after that I got angry at myself and more often than not I cried.

I couldn't believe it and each time I stare at him I couldn't help but feel sorry for him and he was a constant reminder of the one person I was never able to save. I was too slow to save him. And through all the constant jokes I've cracked, the attitude I'm known best for, it's all just an act of denial to try to forget all those memories.

Kint if you're reading this and I know you are thank you for being such a lifelong friend to me. Kint, just remember... I will never give up on you.