• Published 1st Jun 2016
  • 2,355 Views, 18 Comments

Sonic: Dimensional Chaos - HedgehogofRed1999



Chaos, such a big part of Sonic's life, though let's see how his life became connected to Chaos and the friend he couldn't save, whilst gaining some new friends who will show him the Magic of Friendship!

  • ...
4
 18
 2,355

Maurice Strum, Death of Speed

Sonic POV

I was racing around with Rainbow Dash and was trying to teach her about endurance since I'd notice that she'd tire out real easily as she had already shown me her Sonic Rainboom technique. I decided to teach my sonic boost in replacement of her Sonic Rainboom to help her gain her speed without tiring her out too much.

She looked over at me with a face that told me that she was enjoying herself and she wanted to challenge me, me being the gentleman that I was decided to smirk back her with a face that screamed bring it on.

We both accelerated using the Sonic Boost technique and were racing back to my house when I could hear something in my ear. I stopped and put my hand to my ear to hear what this voice was saying and Rainbow passed me and celebrated for about 2 seconds before she asked what was wrong.

"My bro's tell me that someone called Tirek and his lady friend called Chrysalis are going after Twilight and that Lightning is on their side, anyway, wanna help me?" I asked nonchalantly, though really I was wondering how they got Lightning on their side he should've been protected by the chaos force, hmm I would find out sooner or later.

"Wait! Did you say Chrysalis and Tirek?" Rainbow asked, fear appearing on her face.

"Yeah, why? " I asked

"I've gotta help her now sorry Maurice but I gotta help her without you," She said.

"Why?" I asked.

"Something from my world, I…I can't explain it's just that my life is complicated" She replied, those words resonated in my head, my excuse used against me, but I wouldn't leave Dash hanging she needed me I knew that was too true I went through the same thing after I fought Kint for the first time.

If these guys were truly something from Rainbow's past that she felt she needed to face it without any outsider in her business. Oh if only she knew who I really was and my origins she'd let me fight since she'd have someone in her situation with her.

"I won't leave you Dash I'll fight with you to fight your past I've been through the same thing and I've known what you're feeling, more than you know" I replied to her.

"But I don't want…" She began,

"You don't want to have me involved 'cause you don't want your past demons to drag me into this" I finished.

"How did you…" She tried to say only to have me interrupt her again.

"Know I'll just say you and me are similar in more way than one" I finished again, and went and put my hand to the ground and scanned for the kinetic energy of Twilight and the girls.

"What do you mean?" She asked to me.

"I'll tell you if we beat this guy together" I smirked at her, as I had detected Twilight's energy easily enough.

"Now take my hand, " I told her

"O-ok" She stuttered and place her hand on top of mine.

"Chaos teleport!" I yelled, hoping we weren't too late.

Twilight POV

Ugh that Lightning he's so arrogant, just like his brother and the rest of his group, I don't care how smart he claims he is he's not so bright when it comes to trying not be an egomaniac. I don't know Maurice deals with him.

"He, Twi?" Fluttershy asked which I was surprised by since her namesake and her overall personality suggested that she wasn't to open to talking to people.

"Yeah, Shy?" I replied.

"What do you think of Maurice and his brothers?" She asked.

"Well, besides Crimson and Lightning I like them all they seem like an unlikely band of brothers and I'm sure they find a way to work as a kind of team unit but to be honest Crimson is too arrogant, but really antisocial and Lightning is just, ugh egotistical" I replied, with my honest opinion.

"I really like Jade he kinda reminds me of well myself" She said, still not shaky in voice, I knew Fluttershy did show assertiveness at some points in our old adventures but still I was still used to how she was such a timid Pegasus back in our world she's really changed since then I'm proud of her.

"I didn't really mind Crimson I mean sure he ain't as sweet as sugar but still he seems like a big brother of some kind kinda like how Big Mac was back then, I miss him". Applejack offered.

"I honestly didn't mind Lightning he seemed to have some courtesy and knowledge on how to act in front of a lady even though I don't really care about being a lady so much anymore I can't help but feel he would've been a sibling to me back in Equestria". At the mere mention of Equestria, eyes let a secret tear fall off my cheeks. I couldn't help but feel nostalgic too and I wanted to see my teacher so badly again.

"Maybe we could visit her tomorrow I mean if we all pitch in to fix the mirror," I said, and instantly saw a change in mood with all the girls' faces lighting up with smiles, especially in Pinkie's case.

"Yeah that would be soo awesome cause then we'd have so many parties and I'd be able to use my party cannon and it'd be soo coolsome!" Pinkie exclaimed.

"Indeed, I wonder how your teacher, Luna, and Cadence are doing now?" Rarity asked. I started to think about it too until I suddenly felt something weird and strangely dark and just unpleasant and in a single moment, a demon from my past sprang up in front of us.

"Princess Twilight, I presume?" He asked.

"T-tirek?" I asked, shocked that he was alive.

"Aww, you remember me that's so kind you really are the princess of friendship, but enough about the past I need you to do me a favour, GIVE ME YOUR ALICORN MAGIC NOW!" He yelled, the ground started to crumble as massive amounts of energy started to emanate from his being, I looked into his eyes and saw them glint the same colour as Crimson's hair. His eyes were those of a madman ready to kill. "I'll ask again, are you going to give your energy like a good alicorn or not?" He said, sadistically.

"What's the matter are you scared? Fine, I'll make the choice for you" He said and instantly disappeared. I looked behind me to see the girls all shaking and backing away in fear and for once I could realize why. Out of nowhere Tirek appeared and attacked Rarity knocking her out with one hit. I stood there paralyzed with fear, in our human forms our bodies couldn't handle much abuse I mean we still had the same durability as we had on Equestria but we are a bit weakened. I tried to strike him with a punch though he disappeared again and hit Fluttershy to which I heard her scream her heart out before going silent, He tried to strike me again but I dodged it, and only by a fraction too!

"How are you here in the first place? I thought only a person with Harmonic energy could go through the mirror to this world" I asked.

"Well then think how could I, Tirek possibly get through a mirror that only allows good souls like yourself through, maybe it's because I've been on my best behaviour as of late or maybe because of the fact I drained your princesses dry of any positive energy they had and now I can pass through the portal with ease".

"What?" I repeated the scenario in my head, how could he defeat all of the princesses of Equestria so easily and how could he totally rid himself of his evil energy? I had no time to think as he tried to hit me again. I only saw a Crimson Blur come in front of me.

"Aghhh!" I heard a voice yell and soon Tirek went flying in the opposite direction.

"Who are… Hm you again," I heard Tirek laugh as he started to talk again.

"Dude seriously does nothing impress you, jeez you're a hard crowd, Oh yeah where is my bro?"

Crimson asked as I stood behind him,

"Ahh yes, Lightning was it? Well, he's amongst us Chrysalis is keeping him company and ensuring he brings destruction to that little town there" Tirek laughed, as he pointed over to the town behind him.

"Seriously man what's your beef with Twilight?" Jade asked as he had appeared alongside Tang after Crimson had made his flashy entrance.

"Well like I told your brother she is a traitor to the glorious empire of Chaos led by King Sombra and his Queen, The Queen of the Night, Nightmare Moon!" Tirek yelled, I couldn't believe that Luna had been transformed into Nightmare Moon again. "It was all too easy to take over your world without you since the bearer forms were weakened by the lack of the presence of Magic, now your friends are being infused with negative chaos energy which we got from Discord, who put up a valiant effort to defend the Princesses and your friends but he is now being used as negative energy generator and we have corrupted everyone with his energy!"

My mind was struggling to comprehend this, Discord betrayed us again? "Oh don't look so bad Twily you'll join your brother and Teachers in our dungeon soon enough". I was officially devastated about this and I couldn't utter any words to retort with.

Crimson's POV

I saw Twilight's broken state and got angry, really mad and I was about to release hell on Tirek, I hated slavery just as much Sonic, but from the fact this monster would trap her closest friends and her brother and her Teacher, who she probably saw a motherly figure it made my blood boil. "Why do that to her?" I asked, anger evident in my voice.

"Let's just call it payback for what she did to me" He replied.

I rushed towards Tirek and landed a full blown strike on him which sent him a good 20 metres away. "Crimson what are you doing?" Applejack asked.

"Applejack get Rarity and the rest of the girls to safety, get Twilight to safety we'll take care of Tirek" I shouted to her.

"But..." She began.

"GO!" I screamed. She took one last look at me with a tear visible on her face as she picked up Rarity, bridal style and Pinkie and Shy took Twilight away by her hand and led her away from our battleground. "Now without any more distractions, I'll end you," I said, as I augmented my Chaos energy to flail erratically around me in a sort of aura. "Ready bros?" I asked as Orange and Green did the same.

"Yeah!" They replied.

"LET'S DO THIS!" We yelled, a brotherly bond evident in our eyes and a heroic appearance apparent from our defiant pose. We struck as one unit to the head of Tirek, with a kick and bounced back together and then ran forward and hit Tirek dead in the gut. We backed off again till we knew what he was going to do and his reaction.

"Pretty good runts now it's my turn!" He said, as he charged up negative energy at us and we dodged it.

"Is that all you got?" I said, surprised that he sucked so badly at hitting us.

"Wasn't aiming at you!" He said, smirking, still perplexed at what he was trying to do we waited, bad idea as we were sudden struck by the energy in the back. It didn't hurt since we were composed of the stuff.

"Like we were saying, that all you got?" We rose not a single scratch on us.

"I wasn't trying to kill you I knew that wouldn't kill you I just want to talk" He replied calmly. "You've got 5 minutes," I said, relaxing my breath.

"Thank you, think about this for a minute, what do you owe Twilight that you're willing to put your life on the line for her? And think about it, she's fighting for Harmony, A foolish dream if nothing else, let me ask you this. What is the point of fighting for peace and good when there will always be someone to disrupt it and destroy the peace? You can only stop them if you become chaotic yourself if you're willing to do what a supposed hero is supposed to do then you know that to rid the world of evil you have to use evil and liberate the evil of its life to ensure it cannot hurt anyone else." Tirek said, a smirk appearing on his face.

"That's not true to become evil to fight evil means that you truly have become a monster, and why do I fight? Because I want to fight for a dream that seems unreachable, to make sure lives aren't thrown away, plus living in a world of chaos means that you yourself are at risk of death every day, in that world there are no rules to stop anyone doing anything, in a world of peace and harmony you can chase your dreams and make them a reality, and you don't have to live in fear of your own life being taken." I replied.

"But what happens when your dreams are that of evil, not everyone is pure of heart like you, they dream of so much and in many cases they dream of doing evil intent" He responded.

"That's why we have to raise and we have to set an example for the people and how to act" I countered.

"In any case, your 5 minutes are up," Jade said.

"Well what do you know they are, I guess it is time for me leave and I'll leave you with a parting gift" Suddenly Lightning showed up out of nowhere and was poised to attack. "Bye bye," Tirek said and he now charged towards us alongside Lightning.

"Oh crap, " I said, now hoping that Sonic could pick up the pace a bit more.

Sonic's POV

"Dash, can you actually fight?" I asked, concerned if I had taken her prematurely without even checking her fighting skills.

"I took Karate for 5 years Maurice I can handle this" She replied,

"Ok anyway, they're up on that hill so last chance to back out?" I smirked, "I'll back out when I'm dead!" She replied, whilst a smirk that rivaled mine appeared on her face.

"Hmm cool," I said as we blasted off straight to the centre of the party.