• Published 1st Jun 2016
  • 2,355 Views, 18 Comments

Sonic: Dimensional Chaos - HedgehogofRed1999



Chaos, such a big part of Sonic's life, though let's see how his life became connected to Chaos and the friend he couldn't save, whilst gaining some new friends who will show him the Magic of Friendship!

  • ...
4
 18
 2,355

Maurice Strum, Normal Kid Almost 2

Sonic and Spitfire were racing around like a madman possessed, both not showing any fear on their faces, but instead they started laughing manically as they passed Lightning Dust and caught up with Soarin easily, looking at him a smile that could only be described as the most cocky smile ever made, as they started to slow down Sonic placed Spitfire down to the ground.

"So what are we here to do then Soarin?" Sonic asked, looking back over to smirk directly at Soarin, to which he gave him a smirk that looked identical, as though the two were rivals and had known each other for a long time.

"Well put simply we're here to get better at using our speed and our athletic ability to put on shows for the school," Soarin replied.

"Sounds like it could be awesome," Sonic replied.

"Oh it'll be so much more awesome if you help too, " Spitfire said, still staring at Sonic, lust evident in her voice and eyes.

"Ok rookie, can you elevate yourself with air currents?" Lightning asked.

"Sure, I'll do you one better by flying," Sonic cockily responded.

"Ok then show us," Lightning responded, doubtful that Sonic, or Maurice as she knew him could actually fly, but what came next blew her mind, he actually was flying and no visible air was there under his feet or body.

"How are you doing that?" She asked, a gasp escaping her lips as she fell backwards onto the floor.

"Easily, that's how, I've made very powerful but finite winds blow under my body, these have propelled my body of the ground, and I have to equalize the winds in every direction and it gives the illusion of flying," Sonic explained.

"If I put a bit more force into the winds emitting from my legs and feet to the ground I can do this!" Sonic said as his body started rising higher and faster than before till eventually he started flying up into the higher atmosphere "WOOHOO!"

Sonic yelled out to the world as he sped faster and faster to the very edge of the planet's atmosphere. Ok I can't go out into the higher regions of space or even out of the atmosphere, I'd need either my super form or a chaos emerald to do that. Well, might as well see the reactions of my new friends. Sonic thought as he turned around, but not before looking at the moon and the stars and being at such peace he almost wanted to sleep and dream on the bright stars he saw.

He stopped the air that his hands and feet were emitting and immediately fell down to earth, though he kept an intense wind shield around his body to make sure he didn't burn up on re-entry. Sonic, not being one for fear, laughed as he thought to himself.

Huston we have a UFH, what's that? Unidentified flying hedgehog/ human. As he started to reach the height of a skyscraper he decided to engage his flying ability again only this time with less powerful winds. He stopped in the air and looked down at the people who all looked back at him with shocked faces. He laughed at it, he was used to that kind of reaction.

"To infinity and beyond!" Sonic mockingly yelled as he started heading back to his friends and started to lower himself to the ground, in front of his newest friends all of them having the same shocked expression as the people who saw Sonic earlier had. "You guys ok?" Sonic asked, knocking them on the head gently as he had come to the conclusion that he had yet again blown their minds. He waited five minutes before they started forming words in their mouths.

"T-that was incredible!" Soarin forced out, he wasn't out of breath but was instead left breathless by Sonic's display.

"That was beautiful you were like a Pegasus without its wings," Spitfire said, as she kept her jaw agape by the sight of Sonic landing on the ground.

"Pegasus?" Sonic asked, genuinely confused about what creature she was talking about.

"Yes, Pegasus from Greek Mythology, Winged Horse who had the ability to fly," Spitfire explained.

"They were renowned for their grace," Lightning explained.

"Oh cool," Sonic replied.

"Can you teach us how to do that?" Soarin asked.

"But that isn't using Speed or Athletic Abilities," Sonic replied, a smile appearing on his face, as he knew what was coming next.

"What the school doesn't know won't hurt them," Soarin responded a smile on his face to compliment Sonic's.

"Ok first of, we, or more specifically you need to learn how to increase the force of your winds that you can project from your hands," Sonic said.

"How?" Lightning Dust asked.

"Ok I need all of you to close your eyes and breathe in and out and think about, flight," Sonic replied. They all stopped and, as instructed calmed themselves by breathing in and out and imagining themselves flying, Sonic approached Lightning first to talk to her with a calm voice.

"Ok breath in and out, and now start focusing on the winds around you and feel the wind wrapping around your body and legs and jump very slowly but don't leave the ground," Sonic replied, calmly. All of them calmed down and started to lift themselves off the ground but didn't let their feet leave the ground. When all of a sudden they felt their bones feel a release in tension and a rush of wind in their hands caused them to become startled at the sudden release of wind flowing out of their hands and upwards.

"You all have a connection to the wind even people, not like us they can all do this, in any case, turn your hands to the ground and let the wind flow to the ground and let it flow through your shoes too," Sonic egged on, ironically.

"I don't know if I can," Spitfire panicked.

"Listen Spitfire I'm not gonna be mad at you for not getting it right I'm not a school teacher, but here listen to my voice if it helps," Sonic soothed, to which, Spitfire felt as though she was in heaven and didn't want Sonic's voice to cease as it calmed her to no end. "Feel the winds around your body, absorb it and allow it to flow through your body to your hands and feet," Sonic said, his voice as sweet as caramel to Spitfire.

She was ready to leap on him if he kept talking to her so softly. Her body released all stress and at that moment she felt a full surge of wind flow through her body and at that moment, her body started feeling so light and almost as if she was walking on air. Her body started elevating without her knowing and when she was aware she felt so free.

"Maurice, I did it!" She celebrated.

"Yeah you did," Sonic said.

"Alright you two let's see if you can do it too," Sonic said.

"I can't relax or feel the wind or anything. Why can't I feel it?" Soarin complained.

"You're having a mental block, something, somewhere and someone in your memories is stopping you" Sonic replied.

"Who? I mean I haven't done anything bad to anyone or had a bad past what's preventing me from feeling the rush?" Soarin asked.

"Be truthful have you ever hurt anyone by any of the actions you've done?" Sonic questioned, not buying the statement Soarin made.

"I-I-I went out with Rainbow Dash for a time alright!" Soarin yells at Sonic.

"And I guess it ended in heartbreak right?" Sonic said, flatly, no real sympathy in his voice.

"The problem is that I feel responsible for our break-up" Soarin replied, sadly.

"You need to let that go what happened then, has happened, no changing and you can't start wallowing in self-pity or the fact you have self-guilt to keep you angry most days" Sonic replied, bluntly, the honest truth stinging Soarin worse than any injury could.

"I-I just want things to go back to the way they were" Soarin replied, tears dripping from his face and the clouds starting to turn dark with the warning of rain.

"Ok, I think we should get back to the school since it's about to rain" Sonic warned. All of his friends agreed and just as the rain began to pour they had made it to school.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, what's with the new green look? " Soarin asked.

"Well..."

"Mr. Strum you had completely passed period 2 we will let you off with a warning but currently it is break-time so you enjoy indoors or in fact you can come with me to spend that time in detention!" Principal Luna bellowed as she was standing outside the school doors.

"See ya guys!" Sonic said before going up to Luna and she escorted him to the principal's office.

"Now tell me, why were you late back to the school?" Luna asked.

"We lost track of time but that was because I taught Spitfire a new trick" Sonic replied.

"Oh, and what new trick would that be? Though I have to say do you perceive her to be a dog, you're not very gentlemanly in that respect" Luna responded.

" I taught her how to fly, and second off I don't see her as a dog, to perceive her as such is completely ungentlemanly, she is a comrade first and foremost," Sonic, said, a mocking accent apparent in his last sentence.

"Watch your tongue with me Maurice" She replied, vexed eyes staring him down, to which he just laughed. " Hm hehe, let me guess I have to show you respect otherwise I get a higher sentence right?" Maurice said, with a nonchalant notation in his voice.

"You understand how this works?" Luna asked, mockingly back, hoping to get under his skin.

"Yeah I understand, in any case, I gotta eat my food I'm really starving can I go to the dinner hall and eat and then come back?" Sonic asked.

"Fine, but you'd better come straight back!" Luna replied.

Nice going Sonic got the teacher off your back and now to decide what to do. Either stay here or get out of here as soon as my brothers come back and just not go to school, so I'll need to find a reason to get kicked out. Sonic thought coming to a table with no-one on it, which he found surprising to say the least, but then out of nowhere, he got smashed by a fist colliding with his face and sending him flying across the hall. He got back up to see a boy around his age or older in a country boy outfit, a boy with navy uniform and a boy with a sort of punk, meets cool appearance.

"Where are our sisters?!" They asked, to which Sonic was puzzled until he pieced together that these guys were trying to hurt him until he told them where their sisters had gone, of course he didn't actually know, he knew they had gone to another dimension with his brothers but didn't know where they went.

"I don't know. Wait. You're Applejack's brother, right? Big Mac or Macintosh to your friends right? You must be Shining Armour, Twilight's Brother Right? And you must be Spectrum? Weird name for someone related to Dash but ok" Sonic asked.

"Yes we are now let's ask you our question again, where are our sisters?!" They yelled so everyone heard. Sonic seeing no way out of this steeled himself for what could turn out to be a brawl.