• Published 11th Oct 2015
  • 2,013 Views, 75 Comments

Legend of Zelda: Hero of Equestria - Klearsky52



Part of a legend long erased from history, Link travels the land in search of answers. During his quest, Link meets many creatures of old, telling him tales of a darkness. With the darkness returning, can Link fight back to bring peace?

  • ...
1
 75
 2,013

Departure

It was the dead of the night with the moon shining brightly. The camp glowed in the light of the campfires set up in it. Many ponies could be seen limping or dragging other ponies to various tents. Those with medical experience tried to the best of their ability to heal the wounded ponies, but would sometimes be too late. Many had died since the day of the failed attack. Some rearranged their mismatched, salvaged armor while others sat around the main campfire, letting their minds wonder many ideas.

Overlooking these ponies was their leader. It was easy to tell him apart from the others from the way he looked, stood, and the fact that he was doing nothing to help out. He watched them with a grim expression. They couldn't suffer anymore losses like this again. He didn't know that despite their surprise attack, the guards still beat them without losing any of their own. The thought of it made him sick. Luckily those other ponies saw one pegasi guard spying on them before quickly flying away. That could mean that they could be attacking.

He grinned to himself as he saw those that were still in shape working, fixing traps in the oncoming attack. He would catch those ponies off guard and take them hostage. Then he would show them off to the world. To show them that they weren't so invincible with their guards and that they could be next. It would be the day where he would make their mark showing that he didn't listen to some petty pacifying alicorn’s rules. Weakness was in compassion where it could be ruthlessly crushed by brute force.

“Your army is a pitying sight to see,” a voice said coolly behind him. ”It makes me wonder if you’re even ever going to hold our deal straight.”

“Who’s there?” the leader growled out, whipping behind him. He relaxed when he saw who it was. “Oh, it's only you, purple cloak.”

“Some respect would be nice,” the purple cloaked pony said to him calmly. He waved off the red cloaked guards, relieving them of their defensive positions. “But you don't really respect me, do you?”

“You didn't uphold our deal,” the leader said defiantly. “What makes you think that will make me respect you?”

“A deal I made when I asked you to attack that village and a certain somepony in it,” Purple cloak countered, smiling within his hood when he saw the leader grit his teeth in frustration. “But you failed miserably it seems.”

“How did you-” the leader started before being shushed by the pony in front of him.

“I have my ways,” purple cloak said with a dismissive wave of his hoof. “But it still is obvious, due to how high your troops’ morale is right now. I would guess they would be jumping and dancing, getting drunk over alcohol.”

“We got a plan,” the leader grunted, looking over at his tent. “We took some hostages in that fight, so they would most likely come back for them.”

“Hostages!” Purple cloak cried out suddenly, startling the pony in front of him. “That’s a cute idea. I still use hostages too. A great way of manipulating somepony to do something for you, yes?”

“Er...Yeah,” the leader said hesitantly. “We also want to show the world that they could be next. That their princess isn’t some all powerful being that could protect them all.”

“So you plan on making an example out of your hostages,” purple cloak said with a smile. “Something like torture? To show them they aren’t invincible and can experience intense pain beyond any mental comprehension?”

“What!?” the leader cried out in disbelief. “Heck no! I just wanted to show them that they aren’t safe. That’s just cruel. What kind of sick fuck would do that anyway?!”

“So you don’t torture them?” Purple cloak asked. The leader shook his head vehemently. Purple cloak just sighed. “That’s... disappointing. It really is.”

“I may be a bandit but I have morals too, you know,” the leader said.

“Not for long, no…” purple cloak said under his breath. Unfortunately, the leader caught that.

“What did you say?” he asked, his ears twitching. Purple cloak snapped his head up.

“Nothing! Nothing…” he said. He nudged the red cloaked guards beside him. They closed their eyes for a moment before shaking their heads. “So let’s hear about how you’re going to catch them off guard.”

“Okay then,” the leader said uncertainly. He looked back at the ponies at work. “We plan on making traps around the place. We saw some pegasi guards spying on us so we know for certain that they will be coming for us. We will be waiting for them.”

“Traps huh?” Purple cloak asked. “How lethal are they? How many ponies do they kill at once?”

“They...don’t kill,” the leader said, now highly disturbed by the pony in front of him. Just what kind of psycho was he dealing with? “We plan on capturing them and also showing them to the world. Then will they finally realize how dark this world is.”

“Don’t kill huh?” Purple cloak said. He shook his before putting his hoof to his chin. “I’m somehow even more disappointed than before. But that will change soon. You will realize your mistakes.”

“You’re really starting to creep me out now,” the leader said with a horrified expression. He shook his head and diminished any negative thoughts. He really needed this pony’s help regardless of how cruel he may seem to be. “I will complete your end of the deal soon. More time is all that I ask.”

“About that,” purple cloak said. The red cloaked guards beside him nodded their heads simultaneously. “I want to cut the deal off right now.”

“What do you mean?!” the leader asked angrily. All the ponies looked up from their work to see where the outburst came from.

“You heard me,” purple cloak said calmly. The leader stepped towards him threateningly, but the two red cloaks stepped and hissed at him, causing him to go back. “I don’t tolerate failure well. I wasn’t even going to work with you in the first place.”

“Then why make the deal?!” the leader asked. He clenched his teeth and felt blood drawing out of his tongue. The purple cloaked pony laughed out menacingly before turning around with a dramatic swish of his cloak.

“I thought you would complete this one simple objective,” he said. The ground started to rumble a bit but the leader didn’t care. “If you fail to burn down the village, then at least kill the specified pony I asked.”

“Why would you want to kill some insignificant colt?!” the leader asked. The ground started to rumble even more now. Clouds started to block the stars in the sky. “What purpose would that serve?”

“That colt is not insignificant,” the purple cloaked pony said quietly. “He will become a big nuisance in the future if the legend is true. It’s not something a petty mortal like you would understand.”

“You’re talking to me like you’re immortal,” the leader stated matter of factly. He froze when he saw the purple cloaked pony raise his hoof up. The leader rose to the air and started choking. “H-how-!?”

“This is merely one of my powers,” he said, cackling in delight. “But on to another different topic. My deal has changed.”

Lightning struck from the clouds and to the camp. The ponies screamed and started to run. But a bubble rose from the ground and surrounded them all. More red cloaked ponies started to surround the camp, their horns all glowing. The purple cloaked smiled, his creepy white teeth visibly showing from his hood. The leader dropped to the ground. He looked around in a startled panic.

“What are you doing to us?!” He screamed, banging his hoof against the barrier. Similar ponies were also screaming, banging their hoofs against the wall of magic also.

“I thought you would like to see what you were dealing with before your demise,” the purple cloaked pony said, still keeping the creepy smile on his face. “But to answer your question, my deal has changed. Instead of me helping you, you shall help me.”

The red cloaked ponies inched closer. The barrier shrunk, making the ponies come closer to each other. When they were all gathered up, the purple cloaked pony halted them.

“You did well,” he told them, now coming up to the bubble. He grinned at the terrifying looks all the ponies gave them, especially at the one the leader gave him. “But now it's my turn.”

The purple cloaked pony then rose his head up before holding it down to look at the leader again. “It’s nothing personal, I assure you. I understand that you want to make a mark in the world, but I have to make my own mark. Our goals are not so different but at the same time they are. And you will help me achieve it.”

With that final word, he casted the spell. Everypony inside the bubble eye’s immediately dulled for a moment before brightening up again. They stood straight at attention, even the ones that are wounded.

“Looks like another new addition to my quickly expanding army has grown,” he said with a grin. He looked up at the moon, which was rapidly descending down into the horizon. “Let us go. Surely those pesky guards will come looking for this camp soon, and I don’t want to be anywhere near it when that happens. Make sure our newest...experiments…are following us as well. I'll make sure to leave a surprise when the guards come here.”

(Later in Sunset)

The sun shined on the village, but it wasn't calm or peaceful this time. Ponies tried to fix their broken houses while groups of guards marched around. Others were rushing to get their gear ready for today’s raid. Orca was getting ready himself, as was Link to the best of his ability.

“Come on Link,” Orca urged, nudging him out the door. “We have to go get you to the blacksmith.”

“Why though?” Link asked. “And stop pushing me!”

“I have to give you that armor I promised,” Orca said, coming out of the door. A subtle clink clank could be heard within his robes as he walked out on the streets. “You will be getting the same kind I am wearing right now.”

“Which is…” Link asked before breaking off intentionally. Orca chuckled and ruffled his mane.

“You'll see,” was all he answered.

Link just shook his head and looked at his surroundings. Everypony looked grim today, not at all their usual carefree expressions they usually wear. He could even see more guards too. They walked around in packs and were on high alert, darting their eyes left and right as if bandits could jump out at them at any moment. Seeing this, Link felt sort of sad himself. These ponies were living their regular way of life freely, like he was. But it was changed so suddenly and now everypony’s on alert, like he is now. He can sort of relate to this.

“We’re here,” Orca said, suddenly stopping. Link bumped into him and rubbed his head. He looked up at the shack and found that it was indeed the local blacksmith’s. He didn't even notice himself arriving here.

“So you’ve come Orca,” a gruff voice said inside the shack. The door opened to reveal a very buff black earthpony. Link’s eyes widened at the size of him. He could be even taller than Big Mac! Well, he didn't even know since he never even met his cousin before. Just rumors on how he was taller than normal.

The earthpony looked down at him, making him gulp. “This the runt you ordered this for? I got it back in the shack so follow me.”

Orca nodded and started to walk behind him. He gestured for Link to follow him, which he did quickly. The inside of the shack itself was not impressive, but the array of weapons on the wall next the anvil was. Link could see the weapons edges had no marks at all, signifying that they weren't used. Despite that, it was very good quality.

“I see you’re impressed there,” the blacksmith said. Link nodded and kept on looking at the various types blades. The blacksmith laughed. “Well looks like you got good taste. Most ponies think that this is very scary while the more noble ones said they were very bland. I only make good weapons here, not some ornaments on a wall. A good combating should know that jewels and designs-”

“-will only make the blade heavier and won't serve any purpose at all, unless it's a magic container of sorts to create special effects,” Link answered, still looking at the blades. Fighting wasn't the only thing Orca taught him.

The blacksmith looked at him in surprise then laughed again. “You finally got a good student here Orca. Don't trade him away.”

“Considering it was me who taught him that,” Orca said with a smile. “But we were here for a different purpose I believe.”

“Right,” the blacksmith answered. He went into a room and came back out with a strange piece of clothing. At least that's what Link thought until he heard it clang against each other.

“What is that?” Link asked in wonder, holding the strange piece of armor in front of him. “I've never seen this type of armor before.”

“I don't usually make it,” the blacksmith said. “But I made an exception since Orca here is a good friend of mine. Plus I heard where you are going to go. What kind of cruel pony would I be to refuse armor to a child in this situation?” The blacksmith frowned. “Speaking of which, why are you taking him to it in the first place? It would put your student in great danger.”

“I...don't know,” Orca said. He suddenly looked alarmed and confused at the same time. “Link, I don't think you should-”

He froze suddenly. It seemed that he was in deep thought, but Link couldn't distinguish the expression in his eyes. It looked… Blank.

“No, never mind,” he said, shaking his head. “It'll all be fine. I have it under control. I'm sure Link will be fine.”

Link frowned but left the subject to fade. He would question it later. He looked at it like a puzzle, but he couldn't find the pieces to it in the first place. Maybe something would come up later? But for now…

“What is this armor again?” Link asked, waving it in front of Orca. Orca looked down at him and Link studied his eyes once more. They looked normal for now but he couldn't tell what all the indecisiveness was about.

“I didn't tell you about that huh?” Orca said. He cleared his throat and started to explain, “That there is chain mail armor. It isn't your usual armor as it is incredibly flexible but is still able to protect you to a degree. I figured it would suit you since the sword style you use involves you to move around a lot and most armor doesn't allow that.”

“I understand.” Link said, nodding his head. He looked towards the blacksmith. “Thank you for making this for me.”

“You can thank me by kicking those bandits sky high,” the blacksmith grunted. Link nodded and turned to leave before he felt a hoof on his shoulder. He looked back to see the blacksmith stopping him for some reason.

“Actually, can you do something for me?” The blacksmith asked. Link nodded. “Good, then can you do this small favor?” He went inside the room and came out with a fairly large bag. “I heard that you were leaving the village. I want you to do deliver this for me to another blacksmith I owe. He lives out near the plains. You’ll know him when you see him. Just ask if his name is Amino.”

“Okay then,” Link said. He took the heavy bag from him and took off his hat. He dropped it in and the hat ate it up without taking anymore mass. The blacksmith raised an eyebrow at this but didn't comment on it.

“Take care out there,” the blacksmith said, waving them goodbye when Orca and Link left the shack.

“How does it feel?” Orca asked when he saw Link walk around awkwardly. Link could hear the same clink clank his armor made under his tunic. “I’m wearing the same type of armor too, you know.”

“It feels...weird,” Link said as he pulled out his collar again and looked at the armor pressing against his fur. “It isn’t heavy or anything but it's definitely something that I will have to get used to for sometime.”

“Understandable,” Orca said. They walked until the found a crowd of organized guards. The commander stood in front of them, looking at Orca with a small glare.

“You’re late,” he said flatly. Orca just chuckled and rubbed the back of his head.

“I had to get armor for Link,” he answered, bumping Link on the back. The clang was audible enough for Silver to hear and he nodded.

“Let's not delay,” he said. “Bring me the guards who scouted the camp!”

Two pegasi guards came up to him and saluted. Silver saluted back.

“I trust you have the map layout with you?” He asked. The two guards nodded before sharing an uneasy look between them. Unfortunately for them, Silver caught that. “What's wrong.”

“Nothing sir…” One of them said. “It's just...here. Look for yourself.”

They both handed over the maps to Silver reluctantly. Silver looked through it before his eyes bulged out. He handed back the map angrily. “Just what the hell is this!?”

“We didn't have a writing pad sir so we had to make it as neat as possible…” The other guard said before trailing off at the venomous look Silver gave him. Link looked over Silver’s back to see the paper. It was very crudely drawn with words barely legible. The lines were squiggly and out of place.

“I guess this is the best we have to work with,” Silver sighed, hoof palming his face. “Make copies of these. We're leaving in an hour.”

“I still don't approve of this,” a new voice entered. Sword approached Orca with a small glare before looking towards Link with a worried expression. “Do you seriously think he is ready for this?”

“I am certain,” he said with a firm voice before he looked confused. “Or am I? No, I am certain.”

Link raised a brow at this. Orca was acting indecisive again. This was really not like him. He would need to look into this more.

“If you say so,” Sword said. “I only request to be close to him during it. I don't want a repeat of what happened last time.”

Link looked nervous at that but shook his head. It won't happen again because he has armor now. He pulled up his sleeve to see the chain mail armor fitted right against his fur. Sword saw this and sighed.

“At least he has armor this time,” he said, relieved. “Something he should’ve had last time.”

Orca ignored the jab and looked at Link. “Everything will be fine now, I promise.”

“Link!” called a familiar voice. Link turned around and was pleasantly surprised to find Flora along with Petal running towards them. They stopped in front of him and started panting for a bit. Petal looked down at him when she caught her breath up. “Be careful Link. I don’t like the idea of you going on this trip, but since you are anyways, I just wanted to wish you luck.”

"Me too!” Flora chirped. “You better not die Link. I’ve already seen too much of it already.”

“Flora!” Petal said, horrified. “Don’t say such things. He will not die.”

Link just smiled at the interaction and looked up at the sky. He suddenly frowned. He knew something will happen there, even though he didn’t know where the feeling came from. He somehow knew something will happen when they arrive at the camp, and it will be anything but good.

“I sense a great danger approaching…”

(Later)

Link trudged through the forestry along with the rest of the guards. It was actually the same forest that he went through with Lyra. Orca and Sword were beside him, looking around. They jumped at the smallest sounds and said to him that one can never be too careful. Link also met up with Storm sometime ago and found that he was staying at the village.

Rustle

Snap!

Orca, Sword, and the rest of the guards whipped their heads around only to find rabbits bouncing away. Surprisingly, they ran right through the group. The guards stumbled to make room as the rabbits bounced in between their hoofs. Though, one rabbit in particular stopped and sniffed around. It turned its head around to look at Link for a few moments before bounding away.

“That was weird,” Orca said, going in his thinking pose. “Rabbits are usually shy around ponies like us.”

“Never mind that,” Sword said, looking at the sky. “Look!”

Everypony turned to look their heads up. The could see a smoke trail in the direction they’re heading to.

“It must be the bandit camp,” Sword said, his face lighting up with a determined grin. “Let's hurry along. I want to surprise the poor bastards.”

Everypony nodded silently and they started to quietly jog. When they were close, Silver called a halt.

“I want one pony to sneak in there and tell me their position,” Silver whispered. All the ponies moved aside to reveal one somewhat scrawny guard.

“Wait what?” he said, looking around. “Oh, come on!”

“Keep it down!” Silver shushed him. “You’re the smallest and most fastest. You’re perfect for this.”

“If you say so,” he mumbled. He then slowly walked into the bushes and into the camp.

“Now I want the rest of you to disperse along the perimeter,” Silver said. “It would be better to attack from all sides than from-”

“What the fuck?” Called the scout from earlier. Silver’s eyes widened before he angrily looked over the bush.

“What do you think you’re-” he started to say before his eyes bulged out of their sockets. “Doing?”

“What's the matter?” Sword asked before he walked out into the camp. Link followed along too, as well as the group. “What is this?”

The whole camp was deserted. Some tents were still set up while others were collapsed. The clearing of the forest was big no doubt, but there was absolutely no sign of any bandits.

“This is absolutely strange,” Orca said, looking around in confusion. “Did they leave knowing that we would be coming?”

“Impossible,” Silver said. He scoured the ground and rubbed it. He shook his head. “I don't see any tracks here. Pony hoofs should be heavy enough to imprint on this dirt. It would even be hard to get rid of it too.”

“Magic maybe?” Link suggested. Orca shook his head immediately.

“I know a few things about magic and that is that no magic could be large enough to teleport Everypony out of there.”

“They even had injured ponies,” Silver said, now looking inside the tent. “They couldn't move so soon. They even left their supplies here. Why would they do that?”

Link and Sword followed Silver in the tent. What he said was true. There were many sleeping bags and medical supplies here. Link looked around to see a sight he thought he would never see again.

“My shield!” He cried out. His old shield was sitting out in the corner, sporting a few dents on the cover. Link rushed to it and picked it up. It was his old shield all right. The thief that stole this must've been a bandit for him to find it here.

“That's your old shield?” Sword asked. “That decrepit old thing? I heard from Storm that you lost it sometime ago. Good thing he gave you a new one since that thing wouldn't even last a sword strike.

“It was my father’s though,” he said quietly. He took off his hat and dropped it in. Sword was right, it wouldn't do well in battle in the condition it was in now. Link cursed the bandits that used it. For now, he would keep it with. After all, he did have a bottomless hat with him.

“I'll never get used to that,” Sword sighed when he saw Link put the shield in his hat. “Makes me question if logic is actually real.”

“Most impressive,” Silver said, also looking at the spectacle. “That would be most useful if we had more of these. Too bad that girl could only make one though. And by accident too.

“Most scientific achievements were accidents.” Link reminded him, walking out of the tent. Silver followed along with Sword.

“Makes me wonder about logic even more,” he said. “Ponies who dedicate lives to this sort of thing lose to ponies just slipping and casting random magic. How troublesome.”

“Which is a why I'm not a scientist,” Link said.

They gathered around in the center. Orca looked at the center campfire. It was still smoking in the air, the trail that they followed here.

“Did you find anything?” Silver asked when they approached Orca. He shook his head.

“None of this makes sense,” he murmured. He looked back at the campfire. “This must've been recently put out if it is still smoking, yet nothing is here. The other guards found what was remains of unfinished traps, signaling that they were expecting us but something happened after then. Just what exactly happened still alludes me.”

“I couldn't find anything either,” Silver admitted. They talked for a moment while Link listened in, not really able to give any suggestions.

“I sense something…”

Link’s head snapped up in surprise. Orca and Silver noticed this.

“Something wrong Link?” Orca asked with a worried expression. Link didn't answer.

“It wasn't clear this time,” Link thought to himself, his eyes closed in focus. “What do you mean you sense something?”

“You alright Link?” Orca asked again. Link snapped out of his thoughts and rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

“Just thinking,” he said with a nervous laugh. Orca looked at him again before he resumed his conversation with Silver.

“I sense something...over there.”

The wind pushed Link’s head to a certain direction. He widened his eyes at this.

“Over there?” He asked the voice in his head. He then felt a strong sense of certainty and rightness wash through his body. “Guess so then. Will it be dangerous?”

The voice didn't respond for a moment before answering, “...92% chance of danger imminent.”

“Okay then?” Link thought to himself. He cleared his throat, catching Orca’s attention.

“Do you mind if I go over there for a bit?” Link asked innocently. Orca looked surprised and confused at this.

“That's an oddly specific location to pick,” Orca said. “But I don't think you should-”

“You will…allow us to go…”

“I think it is fine,” Orca said, his hoof to his chin. “But don't wander too far from here.”

“Okay,” Link answered. He started walking in the direction where the voice “sensed” something. He walked over to the edge of the camp and looked around.

“I don't see anything,” he thought to himself.

“Must go deeper…”

Against his better judgement, Link entered the forest once more. He looked around the forest shrubbery, alert. He felt something here as well now, and it was not friendly. He heard something rustle behind him. He snapped his head towards the noise just in time for a back creature to jump at him.

Link helped as he fumbled for his sword. He barely blocked the strike with his now levitating sword. He found that the creature in front of him had a machete with a wooden sword. It's features were strangely piglike with hooves for feet. It glared at him with a fierce expression before raising his machete once more.

Link levitated his shield and blocked the strike. He heard more rustling behind him and found two more of these pig creatures had joined the fight.

“Moblins!” The voice said with alarm. Again, Link wondered if the voice, whatever it was, had met these creatures before. Link had heard of manticores and cockatrices, but never something like this before.

Link dodged a strike from moblin #2 and rolled around to face all three of them in front of him.

“Moblin are...brutes,” the voice said, still barely audible. “Will rush in...dodge and strike…”

Link got enough information he needed. He waited and stared down the moblins in front of him. Finally, moblin #3 was impatient enough to come at him. The moblin swung its machete down onto him. Link dodged by front flipping over him, but he didn't realize the other moblin also raising its machete. He sliced Link while he was in mid jump. Link yelled in pain but was able to deeply cut the moblin he originally dodged. The moblin squealed before dropping to the ground.

Link dropped and rolled around them to be facing them again. He quickly felt his back and was a little alarmed when he felt it a little wet. His armor took most of the damage but he took some as well.

He diminished all thoughts from his mind when he saw a moblin rushing at him. He rolled around it this time and attacked the one that was staying behind. The moblin squealed in surprise but didn't fall down. It swung its machete but Link front flipped over him. The moblin ended up attacking the moblin in front of it while Link slashed its head. The moblin finally let out one last squeal before falling flat on its face. Link turned around to face the last one, who was clutching its back tenderly.

It turned around and growled. Link arched his back and hissed in pain. He couldn't roll or do any other counterattacks with this wound. He then tried his luck and lunged forward with a stab. The moblin quickly sliced Link’s stomach before taking the blade of the sword all the way to its hilt in his chest. Link hissed as he felt the burn on his stomach and quickly clutched it. Surprisingly, all the moblins burst into dark smoke and snaked away further into the woods. Link was too tired to chase after it and collapsed into the ground. He panted as he quickly heard hoofsteps coming his way.

Orca and Sword busted into the grove, looking around wildly. They quickly found Link and went to him.

“What happened here?” Sword said frantically. Link coughed again.

“Some wild animals attacked me,” he got out as he slowly got up. Orca ushered him to stay down but he ignored it. “I scared them away.”

“It was lucky you did, Orca said, believing his lie once more. Link really felt bad about lying again. He didn't even know why he was doing it!

“Let's get him back to the camp. It was smart of us to bring a few medics here.” Orca urged as he half-carried, half-dragged Link. Link wasn't as wounded as he was during the bandit attack and was wide awake this time. Guess the armor did help him. Immensely so.

They arrived at the camp. Many guard’s eyes were wide as two ponies made their way. He recognized them as the two healers who healed him before. What were the chances?

“You really need to stop getting hurt,” the mare said, shaking her head. “Lucky for us it isn’t serious this time.”

She lifted up his tunic and looked through the armor at the wounds. “You know what to do now.”

“You sure he is good enough to be healing regular ponies?” Sword asked as the stallion powered up his horn.

“It won’t do him any harm,” the mare assured him. He looked at the unicorn again. “Now cast it!”

The unicorn nodded and casted the spell. Instead of feeling relieved or his wounds close up, he immediately felt extremely tired. His eyes struggled to keep open as he looked at the worried faces around him. He quickly heard a -”Idiot! You casted a sleeping spell! How-!?” before blackness overtook him.

(In the mindscape)

Link woke up to see a familiar darkness around him. His hat and clothes were still with him. Seeing nothing else to do, he walked around. After walking a certain distance, he saw a very blurry figure.

The figure was mostly blue and was too distorted to be made out by a shape. It kept on flickering and buzzing, as if losing connection. The figure finally looked towards him.

“I have been expecting you,” the figure said. Link was surprised to find it use the same voice he had been hearing in his head all along. “I imagine you have many questions now.”

“What are you?” Link asked as he approached the figure. The figure seemed to stare back at him impassively. “How do you know these things? What are you doing here?”

“These will be answered in time,” the figure said. “I calculated that you would soon stray from your true purpose. Your emotions are clashing against each other in an illogical way, making you not think straight.” The figure shifted itself as it flickered again. “I have contacted you this way to prevent that.”

“My true purpose?” Link asked. “And what do you mean contact me this way?”

“You shall know your true purpose soon, but not now,” the figure answered. “As for your second question, who do you process is the one that made you fall asleep?” Link’s eyes widened but the figure continued. “Who do you process was the one that made your master quickly change his action? And lastly, who do you process was the one that made you lie all this time.”

“That was you?” Link asked incredulously. The figure nodded as it floated closer to him. Link stepped back as it floated directly in front of him. Up close, Link could see the figure more clearly. It looked to be a pony, but it obviously was now. Its other features were too distorted to describe though.

“My initial subject has strayed to a different one,” it said. “I am here to guide you to your original goal.”

It levitated Link’s hat to it. The pouch that he received from the Great Fairy floated up from it. The figure then untied the knot and revealed its contents.

“It is lucky of you to receive this stone. It will progress us to our journey much more faster.” the figure said, twirling the stone around. Link could see the designs on it twirl around methodically. “Everything will be revealed soon.”

“Wait, us?” Link asked. The figure stopped twirling the stone and returned it to the pouch. It deposited it into the hat and levitated it back onto Link’s head.

“...I will join your journey soon,” it said, levitating closely to Link again. “But that is in the future. For now, you must find these.”

Suddenly, Link felt his head explode in pain. He screamed as he saw two pictures in front of him, one depicting a blue stone while the other depicted a green one. He felt both of them burn in his memory permanently. Once it was done, he collapsed against the dark floor, panting heavily.

“I’m sorry master,” the figure said, almost looking sympathetic. “But I must ensure that you will never forget your true goal. Your journey will never truly progress until you find these items.”

“What’s...wrong with you?" Link gasped out, looking at the figure. The figure flew towards him and Link felt something touch his cheek.

The figure almost looked at him sadly before floating away from him. “My time runs short. You will understand why I did what I had to do. But there is too much dark energy around you to keep on connecting."

Link got up to see the figure floating away. “We will see each other truly when you complete your goal.”

“Wait!” he called out, now starting to run after her. “Just what is my goal? Why are you here?"

“I will contact you later on your journey,” the figure said. Link finally got close to her and lunged out. “Just remember...this. I...am calling for you, master. I...am...calling.”

Link jumped at her to only find her disintegrate against him. He started falling through the darkness…

(Back at Sunset)

Link gasped as he abruptly woke up. His sheets fell off the bed as he quickly felt his forehead. The two images of the stones were still in his mind. He could recall every single detail of it, from the design to where it was chipped. He shook his head and got down from his bed. He looked at his chest to find it completely healed. He felt around his back to find the same as well.

Of course he still had many questions in his mind. Questions that would never be answered until a long time apparently. That frustrated him. It was obvious enough to him that he was a part of some event. Exactly what it was still confused him. The voice said that she would join his journey and that he was straying from his path. The Great Fairy also said that he was traveling the wrong way. Just what exactly was bad about trying to find his father’s killer and why he did it? Link shook his head and went downstairs.

Orca was talking with Sword and Storm at the table. Sturgeon was reading a newspaper and surprisingly Petal and Flora was there too. He saw them in the kitchen, preparing something. Orca was the first to notice him.

“Nice of you to join us, Link,” he said casually. Sword and Storm turned around with wide eyes while Petal and Flora immediately came out of the kitchen.

“Are you alright?!” Storm asked a little too eagerly. “Orca told me what happened.”

“I’m fine,” Link said, yawning a bit. He looked out the window to find the familiar orange of the evening. “How long was I out?”

"A few hours," Orca answered. Link nodded before another question popped in his mind.

"Did we find the hostages?" Link asked.

Immediately, the mood went down considerably. Orca looked down at the table as well as Storm and Sword. Petal looked worried with Flora.

"No, huh..." Link said, also feeling down. Orca closed his eyes and breathed deeply through his nostrils.

"Silver filed a report," he said, massaging his forehead. "The other guards are coming here to investigate. But you shouldn't worry about that. You should worry about tomorrow, since you will be leaving."

“Yeah…” Link said quietly. He went to the table and sat on the remaining chair.

“Are you sure it is wise to leave tomorrow?” Sturgeon asked with a raised brow. “You just finished healing.”

“I have something important to do,” Link said firmly. “It can’t wait.”

“I understand,” Orca said. He got up and went outside with Link following him. The both of them went to the cliffside to where they first met. Storm and Sword stood beside them, as well as Flora and Petal. They all watched the sunset together for the first time. They watched as the sun went down and Link knew, that when the sun came up, he will have to test his will. Tomorrow, his will and determination will be tested against the world. Tomorrow, when the new day comes, will come a new adventure.

(In the morning)

Link was packing all his stuff. His hat was securely on his head with his tunic all nice and clean. He was wearing his chain mail armor underneath his tunic, all repaired and nice. Orca gave it to the blacksmith and he repaired and even made it tougher. Link grinned as he ran downstairs, completely excited and nervous at the sametime. Orca was waiting for him, as well as the others. Flora waved at him excitingly.

“Ready for your grand adventure?” She asked sarcastically. Link laughed and gave her a grin.

“Always,” he said. Orca just shook his head, amused.

“Don’t get yourself in trouble,” Petal warned him, putting her hooves to her hips. “Seems like you always run into something dangerous in one way or another.”

Link just laughed sheepishly at that. Orca grabbed a chair and made him sit in it.

“What is it?” Link asked, confused. Orca smiled.

“I just wanted to revive an old tradition of mine,” he said as he went inside the kitchen. He came out with some supplies. “Are you ready?”

“Okay?” Link asked hesitantly. “What is this tradition anyways?”

“You’ll see,” Orca said, holding a strange object. Suddenly, Link felt his left ear being pulled as he felt two sharp things clipping into it.

“OW! What the heck are you doing?!” Link asked, struggling to get out of the chair. The same thing happened with his right ear, except he only felt one painful clip. He got out of the chair and rubbed and rubbed his ear. In doing so, he felt two metallic bands attached to it. “What the heck did you do to my ear?!”

Flora giggled while Petal held out a mirror for him. He saw two blue earrings on the top of his left ear and one on top of his right. “What is this?”

“An old tradition my own master did,” Orca said. He pushed back his short white mane to reveal earrings of his own on his ear. “He would place two earrings on the ear which hoof that pony was dominant in. You use your left hoof mostly so that’s the side I put two earrings in.”

“I didn’t sign up for this,” Link muttered. Flora giggled at his response. “You knew about this, didn’t you?”

“Maybe,” she said mysteriously. Link sighed and touched his earrings. It made him feel like a damn rebel or something like that.

“Now that we got that out of the way,” Storm said at the door. “Why don’t we wish him bye now?”

“Right,” Orca nodded. He opened the door. “Lead the way, Link.”

Link nodded and started to walk down the cliff. He was surprised at the many number of ponies waving him goodbye. He waved them goodbye also.

Soon they arrived at the exit. Link took a deep breath and turned to face the ponies that helped his training immensely with a sad face. They all had their own sad faces. Orca stepped forward and gave him a roll of paper.

“This will serve your journey well,” he said. Link opened the paper to find it was a map. When he located where he was, his eyes bulged. He was all the way on the other side of the map! He used to live way out east. Now he’s mostly in the west, near the rock farms. Just how far did the Great Fairy teleport him?

“I guess we all have some things to say now,” Storm said, snapping Link out of his thoughts. “Initially, I thought that you weren’t up to the challenge of Orca’s training. But you pleasantly proved me wrong. I saw you power through it even with your many complaints. I saw how you did during the ambush and was amazed to see a colt as young as you fighting so professionally. I only say to you to keep on improving.”

Flora stepped forward, “I wanted to thank you, for all the help you have given me. I have been working on that spell on your hat for a long time. Even though it was only an accident, you still helped me. You also became my friend, and I don’t really have that many here…” she trailed off when Link gave her a hug.

“I understand,” Link said with a smile when he stepped back. Flora shook her head and smiled back. Petal stepped up.

“You are a very brave child, Link,” she said. “And you’ve helped me in more ways than before. I wanted to thank you for helping me give my final wish to my husband with your harp. I want to also thank you for protecting us when the bandits ambushed us. I don’t know how to repay you…”

“You don’t have to,” Link said. “I wanted to thank you also for helping me realize a few things in life as well.”

Petal nodded and looked towards Sword. Sword shrugged.

“Storm here took all of it,” he said with a sheepish smile. “I just wanted to say sorry again for attacking you on that cliff.”

“I already forgave you,” Link said with a small frown.

“Yeah, well I wanted to do it again. It seemed fitting with the mood.” Sword said. “Say, if you meet Lyra in your travels, could you tell her that I’m still expecting her forgiveness as well?”

“Of course,” Link said with a nod. He finally then looked at Orca. The stallion that taught him all he knew about fighting and the world. Orca finally stepped.

“I don’t really have any words to say,” Orca said. “Like Storm here, everypony else stole them. I only want to say that you are far from the master swordspony that I know you can be. I expect you to return with improved skills. Give me the fight I’m looking for all these years.”

“That’s a promise,” Link said with a determined look on his face. He looked at all of them again and sighed. “I guess this is goodbye now.”

“Guess so,” Storm said with a grin. “Take care of yourself out there Link. I’d hate to find you only to be a red splat on the ground. I would be ashamed to say I knew you.”

“I promise that as well,” Link said with a laugh. He then turned around and walked out of the village. He then started running. He started to run faster and faster while smiling. A few tears shed from his eyes and he let them fall. He wiped his face and looked at the sky. The sun shined brightly at him. He had many questions that he will get answers to. But he ignored them for now as he laughed in the air. Only one excited thought filled his mind, “My journey finally begins now.”

(Back with the others)

Orca looked on as Link ran until he was nothing more than a small dust trail. He heard somepony blowing his nose and found Sword with a tissue.

“Are you crying?!” Storm said incredulously, laughing as hard as he can. “Jeez, I didn’t know you liked the colt that much.”

“Shut up!” Sword said indignantly. “I always hate sad goodbyes like this!”

Orca could see Petal and Flora giggling at the scene and smiled. He looked at the dust trail once more. “This won’t be the last time we see each other again, Link. That is my own promise to you.”

Author's Note:

Wow this one took a while to finish. But hello everybody and welcome to a new chapter. Man there is a lot of content in this one. So how'd I do on the fight scene. I want to know if I made it exciting enough for a Zelda story. There will be much more, that is my promise to you. So comment down below on how you feel about this chapter. Point out my mistakes if you see any. That is my only request to you. Until then, I'll see you later.