• Published 11th Oct 2015
  • 2,014 Views, 75 Comments

Legend of Zelda: Hero of Equestria - Klearsky52



Part of a legend long erased from history, Link travels the land in search of answers. During his quest, Link meets many creatures of old, telling him tales of a darkness. With the darkness returning, can Link fight back to bring peace?

  • ...
1
 75
 2,014

Bandit Attack!

“You angered the chickens, didn’t you?”

“Yes.”

“Hit one of them with a stick?”

“Apparently.”

“It was stupid of you to not listen to their warning.”

“I know.”

Link was currently lying down on his bed. Orca was hovering over him, applying some healing cream to his bruises. The chickens didn't hurt him to badly, but it did leave him with some nasty bruises. It was even more painful than when he was training with Orca. “You should’ve listened to their warning.”

“I know,” Link said, gritting his teeth. Orca had been nagging with him ever since he came back with the farmer supporting him. Despite that, he still made him train! At least he was going a bit easier with him than the other times. “I didn't know that was going to happen!”

“I don't blame you,” Storm said, flipping through the newspaper. The evening light shone through the window, making him glow orange. “It says here that all the animals are starting to act abnormal.”

“How abnormal?”

“Several reports say that when they entered one of the more wild areas of the world, they immediately get viscously attacked by many animals,” Storm frowned as he flipped through another page. “It also says here that there are many witnesses that claim that when they saw a predator and prey together, they just pass by each other without any confrontation. There’s something going on here, but the press says that they can't give any speculations about it. Direct order from the higher ups.”

“They can't even guess?” Link asked incredulously. He hissed in pain as Orca rubbed a particularly sore spot on his stomach.

Orca frowned as he took the papers from Storm. He flipped through them himself before gesturing towards Storm and started tapping one part of the paper. “There’s also some sightings of some supernatural creatures too. But that’s all they say before going on a completely different topic.”

“Guess this is something that even royalty wants to cover up,” Storm mused, looking at the paper from behind. Link sat up with some difficulty to take a look too. One picture showed a blurry shadow of some bipedal creature walking in a forest. No other distinguishing features were shown except for two distinctive red eyes on each side of its face. Link frowned before doing his own thinking. His eyes widened after some time.

“You don't think another enemy is attacking, do you?” Link asked. Link had heard of the previous attacks, like the changeling invasion of Canterlot and Tirek suddenly appearing. He wasn't near any of those areas to feel some of the effects of them fortunately.

Orca shook his head, “I don't think so, since it would be a matter of national emergency. Why would they cover up something like this in the first place?”

“It probably was just some random sighting,” Storm said. “Orca is right, they would alert us immediately.”

“Guess so,” Link muttered. The room then dimmed suddenly, making everypony look out the window at the darkening sky. The moon moved out of the horizon with the stars, softly glowing in the sky.

“It's getting late,” Orca said while yawning. Storm also yawned and got up.

“I'll see you guys later,” he said with a small wave as he exited out the room. Orca nodded before looking back at Link.

“You’re training is almost over,” he said melancholy, surprising Link. “Won't be long before you’ll be ready to tackle this world upfront.”

“Thanks for everything,” Link said abruptly. He felt a weight of sadness in his stomach when he said that and didn't bother even to try to get rid of it. He looked down at his lap. “Thank you for everything. For taking me in and training me. For providing me with food and patience when I was being a bit slow. Thanks...For caring.”

He blushed in embarrassment, but didn't take back his words. Why would he take back his words when all of them were true? He hadn't felt like this since...his adoptive father was still alive. Link wished he could go back in time, just so that he could say the same words to him as he said to Orca.

Orca just nodded and patted his head, “Goodnight.”

“Goodnight,” Link whispered back. He snuggled in his blankets while he heard Orca’s hoofsteps go out of his room and lightly close his door. Link wondered what tomorrow would be like, since it was his last day here.

What Link didn't realize is that tomorrow wouldn't be the last day he saw Orca, or that he would go through a groundbreaking change in his life.

(In the afternoon)

“Guess it's time,” Orca said as he walked towards Link. Link stood in front of him, his back arched proudly with his sword and shield out of his hat and on his back. Storm and Sword, along with a few other guards that trained under Orca, stood around him in similar positions. Even Orca himself had his spear strapped to his back. They were all standing near the cliffs use, a sight to where many other guards got their coronation by Orca before.

“You excited?” Sword whispered to him, his armor gleaming in the sunlight. Link shook his head.

“More like terrified,” he answered as Orca finally stood in front of him. He straightened his back more, if that was even possible, and looked at him straight in the eye. Link remembered to not let the opposite pony see his uneasiness. One of the many lessons Orca taught him.

It was obvious enough to him that Orca was trying to intimidate him, but saw that Link wasn't falling for the scare tactic. He nodded his approval.

“It is time,” he announced, making the guards stand straight to attention, “to begin!”

The guards stomped their approval and Storm whistled. Link started to sweat nervously, pulling on his collar to let some air in.

“You have started about a month ago,” Orca began, pacing in front of him. “You were nothing but a child with incredible instincts. You even defended yourself successfully against Storm’s attack,” Storm laughed sheepishly at that, but stayed silent when Orca continued. “But your skills were unrefined and wild, something that is not acceptable in a swordspony.”

Orca stopped and looked at Link intently, making him gulp. “So you seeked my aid, and I offered it with no hesitation. No mistake was made that day as you trained diligently and skillfully, something no normal colt your age would not do. Of course there was some complaints here, but they are acceptable considering how hard I put you through.” He paused for a moment before continuing. “I actually trained you harder than most of the guards here, as I believed you could handle it. My assumptions were not wrong.”

Orca turned around at the guards behind him. “Stand attention!” Their hoofs and swords immediately straightened and unsheathed with a sharp shing! They immediately surrounded Link, making him look around in wonder.

“Swords up!” Their swords immediately shot in the air, all connected in a circular spiral above him.

“And down!” The swords descended down onto him. They all touched his horn at the same time, making Link shiver at the contact. They stayed like that for a moment before releasing their poses. The guards stepped back and stood in their previous positions. Orca walked in front of him and unhooked his spear. He too touched his horn at the tip.

“You will suffer many hardships from now on,” Orca said, his spear still touching Link’s horn. “But I trust that you shall go through them with a proud scar and your head held up high. I am proud to now announce you a-”

“AIIIIGHHEEEEEE!!!”

A shrill scream pierced through the air as all the guards, including Link and Orca, stiffened. They all ran down the hill quickly. Once they were in distance, Link was horrified with what he saw.

Multiple ponies were running around with many other ponies holding some sort of weapon. He saw them slash the citizens down and take some of them whilst tied up. Orca immediately yelled in anger.

“GET DOWN THERE!” He roared as the guards immediately got out their swords and started to repel the invaders. Orca twirled his spear in his hand and looked at Link.

“I guess it's time to see if those skills you learned can help you here,” Orca grunted before charging down with a fierce battle cry. Link watched in amazement as he took on five enemies at once, taking down each of them before moving on.

“Come on Link!” Storm yelled over to him, snapping him out of his stupor. “We need all the help we can get!”

Link nodded before he too charged down the hill. He saw some guards get up on the guard towers and pick up something, which he later realized was a bow and arrow. They picked off the bandits one by one.

Link ran into the fray and heard some shouting behind him. He turned to see a bandit coming to him.

“A little colt eh? An easy target for me,” the bandit said, licking his lips. He charged at Link and tried to swing with his machete, to which Link dodged and immediately unsheathed his sword with his magic. He slashed towards the bandit, effectively slicing his stomach.

The bandit howled in pain as he clutched his stomach. He glared a Link with a blazing fury, which made Link retaliate with his determined one.

“You’re dead now!” The bandit growled as he charged towards Link. Just as he was about to slash him, an arrow flew past Link’s head and lodged itself in the bandit’s throat. The bandit immediately fell to the ground while holding his throat, choking on his own blood. Link looked at the guard in the tower with shock, but the guard ignored him, shooting other targets at other guards in trouble. Link immediately dismissed it and ran to find more bandits.

He saw another one trying to climb up another tower, with the guard too busy trying to shoot down the pegasi bandits with his bow. Link immediately started to climb it, trying to catch up to the bandit. He levitated his sword above the pony and slashed his front hoofs, making him scream in pain and fall. Link winced as he heard some bones crunching as the bandit impacted the ground. He looked up to see the guard nodding his approval to him quickly as he continued to aim and fire his shots. Link slid down the ladder, taking care not to touch the downed bandit near the base and ran off to find some more in trouble.

He ran to find one bandit trying to break into a house through the door. Link could see some ponies looking frightened through a window. When he got closer, he saw that the ponies in the house were Petal, who was holding Flora closely with a random colt hiding behind them. When he saw this, his vision turned to red. The flames within him exploded in a frenzy, also turning red in rage.

His yell of anger alerted the bandit, who turned towards him. He then smiled mockingly as he said something Link could not hear. When he charged, he slashed quickly at Link, immediately tearing through his shirt and making a cut through his skin. But seeing his own blood only fueled his rage as he charged towards the bandit. The bandit tried to slash again, but Link jumped over him. Instead of slashing, he lodged the blade in the pony’s head, holding it tightly with his hooves. He then stabbed downwards again, not giving the bandit any mercy. He got up as he removed his sword with a sickening squelch!

“WHAT DID YOU DO?!!” Link turned towards the voice to find two more bandits side to side. One was armed with a dagger while the other was armed with another machete. One of them looked ready to burst. “That was my freakin’ brother! I’ll kill you for this!”

Link just levitated his sword and shield in front of him and stood in ready position. The bandit ran at him and slashed him heavily, making Link hold out his shield and block the strike. He quickly rolled around the guard and jumped up, stabbing him in the back. The pony screamed as he went down onto the ground, flailing his limbs about. The bandit’s screams awakened Link from his rage. He blinked when he saw the dead pony and the ground, before looking horrified and scrambled back. The squelch the sword made when he pulled it out did not help him calm down either.

D-Did I do this? Link thought as he looked at his hoof. It was covered in blood, but not his own. He looked up at the window of the house. When he saw the scared expression on Flora’s face, his resolve crumbled down immediately. The burning flames he had dimmed to a low glow as he looked at the identical expressions in the window. Their main expression was fear. They were scared of him. I-I'm a monster.

While Link was thinking his thoughts, the bandit looked on in shock at what had just happened. His expression quickly contorted to one of rage though.

“You bastard! I’ll kill you slowly and painfully!” he snarled, snapping Link out of his thoughts. He threw the dagger, which made Link try to use his shield to block. He was too late as the dagger scraped against the edge of his shield and found it buried in his chest. He screamed as pain exploded all around his chest. Luckily, the dagger was only half-buried in his chest, not enough to kill him. But Link found it was barbed, making it hard to pull out.

He quickly heard another yell as he saw the bandit charge towards him. He shakily got to his feet, his eyes fluttering as he tried to stay conscious. He heard another familiar yell and a guard crashed himself against the bandit. His sword was buried to the hilt, blood flowing to the ground. Link couldn't hear the scream the bandit made as he fell to the ground. The guard approached him, concern etched on his face.

“Are you okay!?” He yelled, making Link realize that the guard was Storm. He nodded his head tiredly, his vision already starting to go black. Storm started to drag him through the ground. To where, Link didn’t know.

“Orca!” Storm yelled, continuing to drag Link Orca stabbed his spear downwards, immediately killing the enemy he was fighting. Link looked at the blood splurting out of the body with a dull expression. “Orca! Link’s hurt!”

Orca stopped what he was doing and looked at him with wide eyes. He ran over to them and and touched Link’s wound. In doing so, he cursed himself profoundly.

“Dammit!” He said, stomping his hoof on the ground. “How could I forget!? I forgot to give you some armor! It's a miracle that you fought for this long without getting hurt!”

“No time for self loathing!” Storm snapped, propping Link up to a nearby house wall. “We need to find a medic!”

“All of them are tending to the others!” Orca cried out desperately. He looked at the dagger in Link’s stomach and reached out for it. He immediately pulled his hoof back, “I don't want to make this anymore worse.”

“Is somepony hurt there?” One pony asked. Link recognized it as the healer who healed him last time. “Oh, that looks bad.”

“Ya think?” Storm said sarcastically. He pointed his hoof at the dagger. “Can you heal that?”

“I can,” the mare started before pursing her lips, “but it will be extremely painful. Hold him down for me.”

Orca and Storm restrained Link’s limbs. The mare then grabbed the dagger and started to pull it out. Link’s eyes widened and he let out a painful scream. Once the dagger was done, the mare called for a unicorn. One came and she started to instruct him to close the wound. Orca and Storm watched in amazement as the shallow cut in his stomach immediately closed up, leaving no trace that it was ever there in the first place. In doing so, the unicorn collapsed, panting heavily on the ground.

“You used all your magic on that one,” the mare said, shaking her head. “You need to learn to regulate it more.”

“That was a training medic?” Storm asked incredulously. He looked at the panting unicorn with a small glare. “What would've happened if he messed up?”

“Nothing too bad,” the mare assured, waving her hoof in an offhand manner. “The only bad thing it would do is it would fill his magic radiation limit.” Storm nodded before turning to Link.

“How are you doing, Link?” Storm asked. Link struggled to nodded. He suddenly felt a super boost, like he could go fight again at any moment.

“RETREAT!” Link heard one bandit yelled as all of them suddenly stopped and started to run out of the village. The remaining healthy guards ran after them, trying to cut down as many as they can.

“They're retreating!” One guard whooped as he ran after them. “Look at them run with their tails in between their legs!”

The other guards also whooped as the bandits left. Some started dance and hold the injured guards hoofs, shaking them in a funny attempt to cheer. Link smiled weakly before dropping it back to a frown when he remembered what had happened earlier. Storm was also dancing and was singing like an idiot.

“CALM DOWN EVERYPONY!”’ Orca roared, making all the guards stop and stand attention. Link also looked up at Orca, alert. Link also thought that there was something wrong. Link heard of raids like these, but this seemed different. A bad kind of different.

“What is it?” Storm said with a confused expression. The other guards had one as well. Orca shook his head before clearing his throat.

“This wasn’t some random raid,” Orca said, his tone urgent. “We’ve had some problems with these bandits before, but it was never this bad.”

“Are you saying-?!” Storm started to say, his eyes wide. Orca nodded.

“This was organized,” Orca announced, looking at all the guards. There were some gasps along with many whispers. “This wasn't a random attack. Somepony ordered this, and I bet it must be their boss.”

“This is bad,” Storm said. He pursed his lips and looked around worriedly. “We can’t handle another attack like this. Not with all these innocent ponies around.”

“We certainly can’t protect them both,” Orca agreed. He took a deep breath before letting out his answer, “So that’s why we’re going to be raiding their camp.”

“WHAT?!” Some of the guards yelled with disbelief. Even Link looked at Orca like he was crazy. One of the guards came up to them.

“Are you sure that’s wise?” the guard asked. Orca nodded his head calmly.

“I can’t tell you what to do,” Orca said. He then looked at one particular guard. He was dressed differently from the others, with silver armor rather than the standard gold. A gold badge was placed on his chest, accentuating his authority. Orca walked up to him. “I can’t tell you what to do because you’re under the royal command. But you can, if you choose to follow my advice.”

“I agree,” the pony said with a firm nod. “If you think this is the best course of action then I shall trust your judgment.”

“I’m glad you agree,” Orca said with a smile. He turned to the guards once more. “We shall leave first thing in the morning.”

“What if they attack us when we’re gone,” one guard said worryingly. “We can’t handle another attack like that with less stallions.”

“I doubt they would do that,” Orca said with a frown. He put up his hoof to his chin in his thinking pose. “They lost some stallions in that raid. Just in case, I will assign a select few to guard here.”

Orca started to count out the guards that will go with him during the raid. Some of the guards looked worried while some others wanted revenge for the attack. Lastly, he turned to Link. “You will also come with me.”

Link froze as his eyes went wide. Before he could voice his objection, somepony else did it for him.

“Oh no he isn’t,” Sword said angrily, pushing his way through the guards. Link felt his heart drop when he saw Petal and Flora trail behind. “There is no way in tartarus that we’ll let him go!”

“And why is that?” Orca asked calmly. Link saw that Orca’s expression was completely blank, almost like he was expecting this. Storm breathed in deeply before he went on his angry rant.

“Why not?! WHY NOT?! He is too young for goddess’ sake! Nopony his age should be facing dangers like this. You may think he is ready, but I certainly don’t. I even saw him with a knife to his chest but had to ignore it and keep on fighting! How can you be okay with your feelings, putting Link into this kind of situation?!” Storm panted heavily, his chest visibly going in and out. His eyes almost seemed red as air went through his flared nostrils. Orca didn’t even bat an eye during his speech. If anything, he looked more amused of the entire ordeal.

“He is more than ready to face this,” Orca said slowly, smiling towards him. He smiled at Link, causing him to shy away. He then frowned at that but continued. “Given his performance during the raid, I would say he could handle it. It would also be good for him, handling these types of situations. He would need it later on in his journey.”

“Journey?” Sword asked. He looked at Link with a confused expression. “You mean he isn’t staying here?”

“He isn’t” Orca affirmed. Sword opened his mouth but Orca cut him off, “I know you may feel that Link is not up to the challenge, but he is. How well did he do out there Storm?”

“He did well, considering he didn’t have any armor,” Storm said. He added the last part with an accusing tone at Orca. Orca merely shrugged off the obvious insult.

An obvious mistake made on my part, but I assure you that I have everything under control,” Orca said, looking at Sword. Sword glared back at him, clearly challenging him. The two inched closer to each other until Link spoke up.

“I-I don’t think I’m ready for this,” Link confessed, making everypony look at him with a surprised expression. He shrunk down under the stares when Orca came up to him.

“Why don’t you think you’re ready?” Orca said with a frown. Link looked at the ground before gulping and looking back up at Orca. Link steeled his nerves and started to speak.

“I don’t want to say because you’ll think I’m a monster,” Link said softly, causing Orca’s eyebrows to raise up.

“You have to let it out sometime,” Orca said gently. Link looked back at the ground nervously.

“It's just…that I killed some of those ponies out there,” Link said, looking on the ground shamefully. “I know that guards do it too, but the problem here is that I didn't feel anything while doing it. In fact, I almost felt happy doing it.”

“I didn't think of that,” Orca said with a solemn look. “That must have not been easy for you.”

“Quite the opposite actually,” Link said with a bitter laugh. “I'm surprised at how easy it actually is.”

“But you aren't a monster for doing it Link,” Orca said gently, putting his hoof on Link’s shoulder. “Those were bad ponies out for blood.”

“But I am!” Link suddenly cried out, startling some of the ponies there. “I killed them so brutally, without any remorse at all! Heck, even Petal and Flora were scared of me!”

Petal flinched behind Storm’s back. Orca turned around and faced her with a small glare.

“Is that true?” Orca demanded to a shocked Petal. Petal shook her head furiously.

“Why would I be scared of you?” Petal asked softly, slightly shrinking under the glare Orca was giving her. Link looked up at her again.

“I saw how you looked at me through the window,” Link said. He could see the appalled look on her face again as he remembered how he had killed the bandits. He shuddered and diminished the images from his mind. Petal’s expression softened immediately.

“Oh Link,” she said, pulling him into a small hug. Link looked up at her in surprise as she returned his expression with a small smile. “I was not scared of you. I was scared for you.”

Link frowned, “Scared for me?”

Petal nodded as they separated. “I never was scared of you. I was worried that you got hurt. It wasn't exactly a clear view from the window and when I saw the blood on you, I panicked badly.”

“So you aren't scared of me,” Link asked, trying to confirm his answer. Petal nodded and giggled.

“No, I wasn't. I do admit that I was appalled at the idea of taking a life away before, but I had to change when I married my husband, since that was what he did for a living basically.”

Link nodded, immensely relieved. He didn’t have anypony thinking he was a monster fortunately. He still did have a few questions left though.

“Killing isn't bad then?” Link asked. Orca shook his head.

“It is only bad when you do it unjustly,” he said, going into his teacher mode. “If there is even a single doubt when you are about to kill somepony, then don't. Always give them the benefit of doubt before you know they are truly bad. Then can you finally have the authorization to kill. Just don't do it too much though. It'll still give me a heart attack if I hear a child I know has been slaughtering random thugs left and right.”

“I get it,” Link said, nodding his head. He then turned towards the rest of the guards. “In this case, I shall be joining the raid!”

Multiple cheers could be heard throughout the crowd. Sword shook his head in disapproval but didn't comment on anything. Petal looked like she was struggling between a smile and frown. Link grinned at the attention he was getting and looked at Orca. Orca looked back at him with a smile.

“Now that we got rid of another one of your personal demons away,” Orca said before turning towards the crowd. “QUIET DOWN FOOLS!”

Everypony suddenly got quiet, standing to attention instantly. Orca nodded his head and paced back and forth.

“There is much we need to do in so little time,” Orca said in a grim tone. “The pegasi are to fly up and try to locate the camp. Once you find it, map it out as best as you can without getting count. We will need to know as much as we can so that we will have an advantage.”

The pegasi guards nodded and immediately took to the skies, some carrying out map and quills. Orca then looked at the group staying behind from the raid.

“You guys alert the citizens of what we are up to and see the damage report. Calm them down to the best of your ability.” The group saluted and ran off. Orca turned to the next group.

“The raid will be in a few days. Gather the supplies so we can start sooner. This will not be easy, but we must show them an example of why they shouldn't mess with us.” A big cheer came from the crowd before they walked away too. The silver armored guard approached Orca with an amused expression.

“I hope you aren't trying to steal my job,” he said with a small smile. Orca laughed sheepishly

“Sorry about that. It was a spur of moment kind of thing,” he answered. The guard nodded and turned to Link. Link grinned up at him nervously.

“So you're the famous Link,” he said with a grin, causing Link to blush in embarrassment. “Orca’s new student. I heard all about you from the others.”

“I haven't seen you around before,”

“I mostly am out of the village with the other guards. Our common area isn't exactly near here either,” he then flicked his hoof in front of him, startling Link a bit. “I heard of the praise Orca gives you, which is amazing enough since he rarely praises anypony,” his eyes narrowed down at him, making Link sweat a little. “I expect you to be an asset on this mission, not a liability. You got that?”

“Yes sir!” Link said with a salute. The captain nodded and walked away.

“My name’s Silver,” he called back. He then ran off with the other guards into the setting sun. Link turned towards the village and frowned. It wasn't completely destroyed and on fire, but he could see a few collapsed towers with some doors broken in some of the houses. The medics were still treating the wounded civilians.

“They took some during the raid,” Orca muttered quietly. Link’s eyes widened for a moment before he just settled to nod. Now that he thought about it, he actually wanted to join the raid now. It would be a perfect test on how he would survive in the real world. Orca started to walk past him.

“Come Link,” he said, pointing him to the house. “We have a lot to do now.”

Link nodded and followed him. Orca was right; they had a lot to do now.

(Somewhere else)

A red maned mare stared at the house in front of her. She could see a small orchard in the back, the apples now freshly grown on the trees. The house shadowed over her, blocking the orange light from the sky. This used to be a place where she loved to go most, but now it was a place where yet another painful memory sat. The fun she used to have here, talking with String and playing with Link. Where are you Link?

“Isn't it a surprise to see you here,”

“What do you want?” Caretaker said bitterly at the familiar voice. She distinctly remembered that voice. It was somepony she never wanted to see again. But whenever something bad happened to her, the mare behind her seemed to be there.

“Running away from your problems isn't the solution,” the mare said behind her. Caretaker still refused to meet her, causing the mare to chuckle. “Still as stubborn as ever I see.”

“I can do whatever the hell I want,” she said indignantly. The mare still chuckled at her, infuriating her even further.

“What of it cousin?” The mare asked, saying the last word mockingly. “Still ashamed of your heritage?”

“That heritage caused my mother to be killed!” She spat out, finally turning towards the mystery pony in rage. “It was the reason of why my whole life is miserable!”

“That doesn't change the fact that you’re still ours,” the mare argued back, her blue mane swishing over her forehead. “And that you still are afraid of doing the right thing.”

Caretaker said nothing to that. She just lowered her head in anger, openly growling. The mare sighed.

“I know who lived at this house,” she said, causing Caretaker’s head to shoot up in surprise. “I believe the owners’ names were Link and String, am I correct?”

“And why would you need to know that?” Caretaker asked. The mare said nothing, but looked up at the sky.

“They're watching him,” the mare said, pursing her lips. “Link, I mean.”

“Link’s still alive?!” she asked incredulously. Hope started to rekindle inside her. “But who are they?”

“You know exactly who they are!” the mare said angrily, startling Caretaker for a bit. “And if you would just stop that self-pity nonsense, this would’ve been so much easier.”

“But where is he?” Caretaker asked desperately, suddenly getting in the mare’s face. “Is he alright? How is he doing?”

The mare shook her head, “He’s fine...at the moment.”

“What do you mean?” Caretaker asked. “And why would they be interested in Link? He’s just a normal boy!”

“We have our suspicions,” The mare started to say, pushing Caretaker’s face back. “And if they are true, then Link is in great danger. If it is true, then this Link is anything but normal.”

“Something big is happening,” Caretaker said quietly. She had known that it would happen during her era, but was too scared to admit it. She had been running away from this ever since she was a teenager, but she probably knew deep down that she would have to stop and walk back. It was a terrifying thought to her.

“If you want to protect him,” the mare said, holding her hoof. “Then your best chance is to join us.”

“I don’t think I have a choice anymore,” Caretaker said, taking her hoof. She had never known that it would come to this. To take the hoof she had been running from all these years. But if it was to protect the one she loved most, the only pony she loved most, then she would do it.

“Welcome back, Shionne,” the mare said, smiling openly. She then looked at her flank. “It would be best to get rid of that now. Never thought you would choose that symbol in the first place.”

Caretaker nodded solemnly and put her hoof to her flank. Slowly, she started to tear the fake cutie mark away. The blanket picture floated to the ground, leaving a new one in place.

“That’s so much better,” the mare said with a small smile, looking at her own cutie mark. “From now on, you are ours.”

The new cutie mark showed two knives crossed together. Both knives had runes all traveling from the blade to the hit. But the most distinguishing part, was the red teardrop eye symbol in the background.

Author's Note:

This one took a while. I changed a lot of things of this from the original version and was fairly satisified.

As usual, correct my mistakes if you see any. Comment down below to tell me what you think about your chapters, since it is you guys keeping me going. Constructive criticism is always welcome. I'll see you later next chapter