• Published 11th Oct 2015
  • 2,013 Views, 75 Comments

Legend of Zelda: Hero of Equestria - Klearsky52



Part of a legend long erased from history, Link travels the land in search of answers. During his quest, Link meets many creatures of old, telling him tales of a darkness. With the darkness returning, can Link fight back to bring peace?

  • ...
1
 75
 2,013

Prologue

The wind blew aimlessly around in a small clearing in a forest. Light filtered through the leaves, spilling on the clearing, giving the place a shining gleam. It was a peaceful place. A place filled with true harmony. But sadly is considered to be one of the last places containing such harmony, judging by the world around it. All the animals that rest here are at peace. Some of the manticores there even nuzzle the rabbits before merrily going along their way, justifying its title as the most harmonic place in the world. It would seem like the perfect place to be, were it not for the sword that was right there in the middle of it.

This sword was no ordinary sword though. The stone pedestal that the sword was stuck on had an inscription written in ancient equestrian. The white blade that stuck to the pedestal gleamed in the light, standing tall over the clearing it was in. The blue hilt that was attached to it not only emitted an aura of power and righteousness, but of calmness as well.

The sword never bothered any of the animals that came there. No, some go as far as to even nuzzle the sword and sleep near it. As far as they knew, the sword was always there, protecting them, scaring away any evil beings that lurked by near the clearing.

Suddenly, the clearing went dark, the light diminishing from the treetops. The animals immediately scurried away as a dark aura settled on the field. Malevolent shadows began to dance around in the outskirts of the clearing, before stopping after a few moments. It was a long time since any of the animals have felt this. Some even wished that this feeling would never come, but they knew better. They all knew better.

They knew that the darkness they felt would come back. They knew that the power Equestria holds among itself and even other nations would be enticing enough to bring back the darkness. They knew, deep down in their hearts, that it was too good to be true. To believe that there would never be any evil power haunting Equestria ever again. To believe that they can finally just live in peace for once.

This darkness was like no other. To put the magical clearing into stealth mode just to hide the very sword it guarded meant only one thing.

The Elements of Harmony are useless.

The darkness is far too powerful for the elements to handle. Magic wasn't just something that can be used to produce wondrous results. Magic was a sentient being, to an extent. It assists those that can use magic and is aware of its surroundings. That's why it knows the elements would fail. The elements themselves knows they will fail. But there is one thing. One magical artifact that has been hidden for eons, waiting to be used when the elements fail.

The Master Sword.

The legendary blade of evil's bane is used when the elements failed, but the animals aren't sure of it now. Even they aren't oblivious to the fact that the sword is weakening, it's magic diminishing within it. Equestria's foolproof backup plan may not be so foolproof at all. Then there is even one more problem that has to be taken into consideration.

Finding the hero.

Not just any hero, like Clover the Clever or Starswirl the Bearded, but the hero. The one that can even hold the blade of evil's bane and can withstand its power to wield it against the upcoming darkness. The one that is said to have the greatest courage in the whole entire world. Hope could very well vanish right now for anyone that is aware.

But the animals kept it. Hope. They needed to keep it, for it is now time for them to uphold their sacred promises to the three gods. The duties for which only the animals of the forest were entrusted to. The animals immediately started to do said duties while the magic in the forest twisted and turned the greenery, turning it into a big maze. The predators kept watch and prowled around while the prey scurried about, giving messages to various other creatures around the world. An unspoken truce was held between the predators and prey during this straining endeavor.

The light still did not spill from the treetops. Any animal that were to come by the clearing would've seen the Master Sword flickering weakly. A soft, but tired voice rang through the air.

"Come quickly...hero. There is...not much...time before...he...comes."

Author's Note:

Alright, so let's kick off my first story ever! If you could point out any errors in my writing in the comments section, that would be great thanks. Constructive criticism is also welcomed.